Eastern Europe Tour Highlights
- Go island hopping (and swimming) in the Adriatic Sea in Croatia.
- The castles… so many beautiful castles!
- Explore the beautiful old town of Dubrovnik with its iconic orange tiled roofs.
- Discover the two sides of Buda and Pest.
- Then hit the thermal baths in Budapest.
- Take a photo of the world famous Vienna Opera House.
- Count all the waterfalls at Plitvice Lakes National park in Croatia.
- Visit the beautiful town of Cesky Krumlov in Czech Republic.
Eastern Europe Vacation Tips
- Just because most Europeans speak English, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t look up some basic native language phrases. The locals will appreciate your effort and you might even make a friend!
- Don’t convert your currency at the airport. Wait until you get to your hotel or a local currency exchange place.
- Make sure you carry some cash as not all places will take credit cards (especially the smaller businesses).
- Support local and shop at family businesses. You’ll be making a bigger difference for these families.
- If your tour package does not include a specific attraction you want to visit, make sure you buy your tickets early.
- Try to walk as much as you can to take in the area and destination.
- If you’re planning to walk as much as you can, make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes and clothing.
- If you’re from the USA, you’re probably used to free water and bread in restaurants. European restaurants do not do this. You’ll pay for everything you ask for.