Holland America Cruises
Save up to 80% on Holland America Cruises
For 145 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising. If you are looking for some of the most spacious and comfortable ships at sea, award-winning service, exquisite dining, extensive activities and enrichment programs and compelling worldwide itineraries, you've come to the right place.
What to Expect When Cruising Now
What to Expect When Cruising Now Cruising is a great experience, and if you’ve never done it before, it is not too late to try! Booking is done in a second, and you can enjoy the perk of having everything included. However, since COVID hit, many people are worried that cruising will never be the…
Return to Ocean Cruising Coming Soon
Whether you love to cruise the high seas or want to take another type of ship-sailing adventure, you can set your sights toward cruising in the near-distant future, or in 2022 or 2023. A current news release (April 2021) announced the next phase, issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), of…
Review: Viking Sagas With Holland America Line
By: Susan Fleitman, Travel Consultant Viking Sagas with Holland America Line was amazing for so many reasons, but I’ll begin with the ship. The Nieuw Statendam is Holland America’s newest ship and boy, is she gorgeous! It’s chock full of fabulous new venues and it’s not your grandma’s Holland America anymore.
Tips For Cruising Glacier Bay Alaska With Holland America
Glacier Bay with Holland America is a magical experience. Here are some tips to make the most of your experience cruising Glacier Bay with Holland America.
Review: 7 Day Alaskan Explorer Cruise With Holland America
Sailing roundtrip from Seattle on the 7 Day Alaskan Explorer cruise with Holland America Line on the beautiful Eurodam was the best choice for my first Alaska cruise.
Review: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise With Holland America
Our traveler’s Caribbean cruise with Holland America Line was filled with EXC excursions, beautiful beaches and amazing cuisine. Click to read more!
What To Expect At Holland America’s McKinley Chalet Resort In Alaska
McKinley Chalet Resort is Holland America’s Resort In Alaska right on the edge of the wilderness. Experience more on an Alaska Land+Sea Journey.
Review: 7 Day Alaska Cruise Round Trip Seattle
By: Angel Green, Senior Manager Sales & Marketing Integration What an awesome opportunity it was to sail aboard the luxurious Holland America Eurodam. We sailed the Alaska Inside Passage with endless miles of untouched wilderness. The Eurodam is a very elegant midsized ship with lots to offer. This ship is beautiful with very comfortable beds and…
Holland America Cruises Promotions
For our best price on this cruise please call now 1-800-627-3753
- Have It All Sale, Premium Cruise PackageMention Promo Code: PC49321
- Exclusive Offer, up to $150 Onboard CreditMention Promo Code: PC49390
- $400 Onboard CreditMention Promo Code: PC49627
- Flexible CancellationMention Promo Code: PC49399
- Military, Healthcare & First Responder AppreciationMention Promo Code: PC49430
Learn More About Holland America Cruises
Holland America Line has been in business since 1873. Therefore, its sailing history is both rich and full. The cruise company is a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation & plc, and operates out of Seattle, Washington. Cruise itineraries are scheduled for a diverse range of destinations worldwide, with popular trips leading to places, such as the Caribbean, Alaska, the Panama Canal, and Central America, Europe, and New England and Canada. The Holland Cruise Line features mid-sized ships that hold between 1,258 and 2,666 travelers. Each of HAL's ships features high-quality services. Vessels provide 2 to 3 crew members for each passenger. As of 2020, HAL has itineraries that feature destinations, such as Australia, Mexico, the Caribbean, North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Antarctica. Cruises depart from major cities, such as San Diego and New York. and can be as short as 1 day or as long as 128 days. Cruise-goers pass their time on HAL cruises with enrichment programs, such as cooking demonstrations, digital photography, and mixology workshops. Guests also like unwinding inside a ship's spa or participating in fitness classes, such as Pilates or spin classes. Holland America shore excursions mainly focus on adult cruise travelers and may include activities, such as riding elephants, swimming with dolphins, helmet diving, or cycling tours. Meal options also vary. You can mingle with other guests in the main dining room while savoring a 5-course meal or sample the seafood specialties at the Pinnacle Grill. If you just want to relax in your stateroom, you can also order room service anytime.
- Based in Seattle, Washington, Holland America Line (HAL) is British-American owned and a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation & plc.
- During 2019, Holland America Line received top billing as the favorite cruise line for travel to the Mexican Riviera, Alaska, and the Panama Canal and Central America.
- The cruise company began as a shipping and passenger line in 1873. At that time, it was known as the Netherlands-American Steamship Company. Within 25 years of its establishment, the company expanded to a fleet of six cargo and passenger ships, which ran between Holland and the Dutch East Indies. Because Rotterdam was the company's headquarters, and the business provided transport service to the Americas, it eventually became known as the Holland America Line.
- While the company made most of its money, in the early days, from shipping and transport, it still offered its first vacation cruise in 1895.
- Holland America Line mainly transported European and U.S. immigrants during the early part of the 1900s. During that time, it served about one million passengers.
- The company supported Allied war efforts during the First and Second World Wars. Several of the line's ships were used as troop carriers.
- Holland America Line's fleet of 15 ships go to 470 ports in 98 countries.
- Holland America Line cruises go to all 7 continents and range from short getaways to 128-day adventures.
- The company features three-yearly Grand Voyages.
- Popular sailings are offered to the Caribbean, New England and Canada, Alaska, the Panama Canal, and Europe.
- The latest ship in the Holland America fleet, as of 2020, includes Nieuw Statendam, which was introduced in 2018.
- As of 2020, a Pinnacle-class ship, Rotterdam, is planned for debut in 2021.
- Onboard dining options include anything from a burger and fries to Pan-Asian cuisine. You can also savor luxury dining at the Pinnacle Grill.
- Meals are charted by world-class celebrity chefs, who create signature-inspired dishes.
- Age Policy
- Dining Information
- Fuel Surcharge Policy
- Health and Safety
- Payments / Refunds
- Smoking Policy
- Travel Protection
- Tipping Policy
- Why Holland America?
Top Reasons To Choose Holland America Cruises
- HAL's ships provide various lodging types, ranging from standard-sized inside staterooms to spacious and luxurious suites.
- With each accommodation, guests receive daily housekeeping and amenities, such as complimentary fresh fruit, on request. Elemis bath products are provided in each stateroom and suite.
- Accommodations come equipped with flat-screen TV and DVD player.
- Room service can be accessed 24 hours per day.
- Turn-down service is featured as well as shoe shines.
- Meals are included in the cruise price.
- Ship activities include perfecting blogging or photo skills in the ship's Microsoft Studio or practicing cooking in America's Test Kitchen.
- Onboard sports, such as basketball and volleyball, and Pilates are featured on cruises as well as personal training in the ship's fitness center.
- The Greenhouse Spa and Salon is the ideal place to go for a little pampering.
- While Holland America cruises are mainly designed to cover the travel interests of people 50+ years old, anyone traveling with children can take advantage of Club HAL. The kid's club features supervised activities for children 3 to 17 years old, such as themed parties, scavenger hunts, and arts-and-crafts projects.
- Nighttime entertainment covers casino gambling, Broadway-style performances, and live music, such as blues entertainment in B.B. King's Blues Club.
- Dining options on HAL can be flexible or assigned. All meals are served in the main dining room, with set dinner times scheduled at 5:45 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Guests may also arrive in the dining room anytime between 5:15 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. to be seated at the first table available.
- Guests can choose pre-set or flexible dining times when they book their cruise.
- Besides meals in the main dining room, the cruise fare covers all meals served at the ship's Lido Market, New York PIzza, and Dive-in.
- The afternoon tea service is included in the cruise price.
Frequently Asked Questions About Holland America Cruises
- What are the Speciality Dining Options?
Each ship features a Pinnace Grill, which offers high-end dining services for lunch and dinner. Another popular specialty restaurant is Canaletto, which features Italian cuisine. You have to pay extra for most of the meals in these dining venues. The cruise line recommends that guests make reservations at specialty restaurants before they board the ship. You can make lunch reservations at the Pinnacle Grill during your cruise.
- What Food and Drink Packages are Offered?
You can save money when cruising if you purchase food and drink packages. For example, the Signature Dining Package covers dining for the evening at the Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto. HAL's Distinctive Dining Package covers one dinner each at the Tamarind, Canaletto, and Pinnacle Grill. You can also opt for the Pinnacle Package, which covers 2 nights at the Pinnacle Grill.
- What is the evening dress code onboard?
During the evening, guests must follow a dress code in public places on the ship. Two different guest codes are featured: "Gala" or "Smart Casual." On Smart Casual nights, passengers can wear pants (no distressed denim) as well as t-shirts, skirts, or sweaters. During Gala nights, men are required to wear slacks with collared shirts and women may wear skirts, dresses, or dress slacks. Anyone not adhering to the evening dress code cannot enter the restaurants onboard.
- Do you need to make a deposit to book a cruise?
Yes. You need to make a deposit within 5 days of your reservation to claim your spot. The amount is determined by the cost of the cruise. For Grand Voyages, a second deposit is required.
- When is full payment for cruises due?
Usually, full payment must be remitted within 75 days of the cruise departure date. However, exact deadlines vary, depending on the cruise.
- What is the average price for gratuities?
Gratuities average about $15 per person per day.
- How do I avoid a cancellation fee?
To avoid paying a cancellation fee, you need to cancel your HAL cruise 57 to 120 days before the departure date, depending on the itinerary, time of year, and length of the cruise. If you don't act within this time frame, you will forego your deposit and a certain percent of the fare. The amount you will forfeit will depend on how close the cancellation date is to the departure date. If you buy a Cancellation Protection Plan, it guarantees a refund of 80% to 90% of the amount you have paid for the cruise. You just need to cancel 24 hours before the date of departure. Some plans also add medical coverage and lost baggage.
- What is the best way to get my boarding pass?
Holland America encourages passengers to use the Online Check-In tool so they can get their boarding pass before embarkation. Otherwise, passengers should check in at the departure port at least 90 minutes before embarkation - the earlier the better.
- What ID should I carry for a cruise that begins and ends in the US?
A cruise that begins and ends in the U.S. is called a closed-loop cruise. Closed loop cruises require that passengers submit a government I.D., such as a driver's license or resident card, along with proof of citizenship. Usually, a birth certificate can be used to prove citizenship.
- How do I cancel a shore excursion?
You can cancel a shore excursion up to 3 days before you leave on your cruise trip.
Health and Safety Protocols on Holland America Cruises
The following policies have already been implemented across all Holland America's entire fleet:
Timely safety and hygiene communications
- Guests will find information in the daily program and on their stateroom televisions.
- Tips displayed on onboard digital screens throughout the ship.
- Daily announcements by the Cruise & Travel Director.
Restaurants, bars and lounges
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are in high-traffic locations, including all entrances to all dining rooms and the Lido Market.Guests will find information in the daily program and on their stateroom televisions.
- Lido Market hand sanitizer stations are staffed to prompt guests to either use the sanitizer or use the available hand washing stations.
- All food service stations, including Lido Market, will be staffed. Any self-serve areas that remain, such as condiment set-ups, will be monitored by dedicated personnel. All serving utensils in self-service locations are replaced every 30 minutes.
Housekeeping for staterooms and suites
- Stateroom surfaces and fixtures are thoroughly cleaned up to twice daily with particular attention to bathrooms, handles, and frequently touched surfaces
- Oxivir solution is used as a secondary sanitation method on all touch points after each stateroom is serviced.
- All guest corridors including handrails, elevator buttons and stateroom door handles are frequently sanitized.
- A nightly deep cleaning and disinfection process for all highly-trafficked public areas using foggers, including: all restaurants, the fitness center, spa, Lido deck areas, promenade, casino, medical center, public restrooms, lounges, bars, lobbies, elevators, atrium, youth activity centers, arcades and all crew public areas.
Guests with flu-like symptoms
- Any stateroom of a guest displaying flu-like symptoms will receive additional deep cleaning.
- All bed linens, table cloths, towels, napkins, etc. in the affected room will be laundered in a high-temperature sanitation wash and dry program.
Minimum Age Policy on Holland America Cruises
Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or chaperone that is at least 21 years old; one adult chaperone is required for every five people under the age of 21. Alcoholic beverages will not be served to guests under age 21. Due to the limited medical facilities on board, we will not accept reservations for infants six months or younger for non-Transocean sailings or 12 months or younger for Transocean sailings at time cruise commences.
Minors under the age of 18 traveling to foreign countries must be accompanied by both parents or have a notarized letter of consent signed by the parent(s) not traveling. If the other parent is deceased or the child has only one legal parent, a notarized statement must be obtained as proof. Your travel professional can provide additional information about this requirement.
Please Note: In an effort to prevent international child abduction, many governments have initiated procedures at entry and exit points. These often include requiring documentary evidence of relationship and permission for the child's travel from the parent(s) or legal guardian if not present. Having such documentation on hand, even if not required, may facilitate entry or departure. For specific information regarding the country to which you are traveling, please visit http://travel.state.gov for country-bycountry information. Parents, guardians and chaperones are responsible for overseeing the conduct of minors in their care. As such, minors may not be left unsupervised on board the ship. Minors should receive the same oversight that would be provided when visiting locations such as a large resort or theme park. A parent or legal guardian MUST accompany all children under the age of 18 on all tours for safety and liability reasons.
Minors Going Ashore Parents and guardians are responsible for deciding whether or not minors under age 16 are allowed to go ashore without adult supervision. If you want to permit a minor traveling with you to go ashore without an adult companion, please discuss this in advance with the shi'’s Security Officer so that they can make a notation of this in our gangway control system software. Absent this approval, our security personnel will generally prohibit minors from leaving the ship without an adult companion although we cannot provide absolute assurances in this regard. It is ultimately the responsibility of parents and guardians to ensure that minors traveling with them act in accordance with their instructions.
Travel Protection Options on Holland America Cruises
Holland America Line's Cancellation Protection Plan (CPP) is available for purchase on Holland America Line Cruises and CruiseTours, and is offered as a Standard Plan or a Platinum Plan. CPP is designed to protect your vacation investment from loss. Be it illness, family matters, unforeseen work events - anything, CPP is a product that enables you to cancel your vacation plans before you leave, for any reason and receive a refund.
Four reasons to choose the Holland America Line Cancellation Protection Plan:
YOU CAN CANCEL BEFORE DEPARTURE FOR ANY REASON. Even if it's up to 24 hours before departure under our Standard Plan or right up to departure with our Platinum Plan. For any reason whatsoever, your reservation may be cancelled with ease.
YOU GET MONEY BACK. Only Holland America Line refunds 80-90% of eligible amounts paid, regardless of your reason for canceling, as long as you cancel more than 24 hours prior to departure (right up to departure with the Platinum Plan).
SAME PRICE FOR ALL AGES. We offer the same excellent protection for everyone, at the same cost.
NO PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS. Our Standard and Platinum Plans do not contain pre-existing condition exclusions.
Our Standard and Platinum plans at a glance
Unforeseen events do happen. When you book your next cruise, be sure to ask about our Cancellation Protection Plans to protect your cruise investment.
CPP Standard Plan – Provided by Holland America Line
Our Standard Cancellation Protection Plan (CPP Standard Plan) will allow you, for any reason, to provide written cancellation up to 24 hours prior to the start of your scheduled travel (sea, land and/or air) arrangements made by Holland America Line and receive a refund equal to 80% of the eligible amounts paid. CPP Standard is available to all guests, regardless of residency.
In addition, Holland America Line (HAL) automatically assumes an additional $500 (USD) of liability for lost, damaged or delayed baggage of guests who purchase the CPP Standard Plan still subject, however, to the limitations in our baggage policies. For example, we do not cover losses while baggage is in the custody of airlines. Please review our Baggage Policy.
The CPP Standard Plan is not insurance, and is administered by Holland America Line; it provides no rights other than those explained above. For example, it does not protect double-triple-quad occupancy rates should one or more members of your party cancel, nor does it cover expenses or unused services due to trip interruption.
Our Platinum Cancellation Protection Plan enables you to supplement the benefits provided under the CPP Standard Plan with higher cancellation reimbursement and extends the eligible cancellation period up until the start of your scheduled travel (sea, land and/or air) arrangements made by Holland America Line. CPP Platinum also provides insurance coverage for trip delays and interruptions, medical expenses and much more. In addition, CPP Platinum includes 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance services. CPP Platinum is comprised of the following:
Cancel for Any Reason Waiver
Provided by Holland America Line
You may cancel for any reason prior to the start of your scheduled travel (sea, land and/or air) arrangements made by Holland America Line and receive reimbursement equal to 90% of the eligible amounts paid to Holland America. Note: CPP Platinum does not protect double-triple-quad occupancy rates should one or more members of your party cancel prior to departure.
TRAVEL INSURANCE PROGRAM
Underwritten by Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company
- Trip Interruption: Enables you to cancel or interrupt your cruise vacation for illness, injury or death to you, an immediate family member or a traveling companion, as well as certain other non-medical reasons affecting you or your traveling companion, and receive up to 150% of your cruise vacation cost.
- Trip Delay: If you miss the departure of your cruise due to carrier-caused delays or other specified reasons, you will be reimbursed up to $500 for additional accommodations, meals and “catch-up” transportation expenses.
- Baggage Protection: If your baggage or personal property is lost or damaged, you will be reimbursed up to $1,000. If your bags are delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for more than 24 hours, you will be reimbursed up to $500 for the purchase of necessary personal effects.
- Medical Expense Coverage: Should you become injured or sick during your vacation, you will be reimbursed up to $10,000 for medical expenses.
- Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation: In the event that serious illness or injury requires air or ground transportation to a specialized facility or to return home, you will be provided up to $50,000 in covered medical services and supplies (coordinated by our 24-hour assistance provider) to help ensure your safe transport. Repatriation coverage provides for shipment of remains in the event of death during the cruise vacation.
The Travel Insurance Program is underwritten by Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company, a Transamerica company, Columbus, Ohio; NAIC #10952 (all states except as otherwise noted) under Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5000. In CA, HI, NE, NH, PA, TN and TX Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5100 and TAHC5200. In IL, IN, KS, LA, OR, OH, VT, WA and WY Policy Form #'s TAHC5100IPS and TAHC5200IPS. Certain coverages are under series TAHC6000 and TAHC7000.
WORLDWIDE EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE SERVICES
Provided by On Call International
Provides 24-hour assistance services including: pre-cruise health, safety and weather information; assistance with travel changes; lost luggage assistance; emergency cash transfer assistance; emergency medical and dental assistance; lost travel document assistance; and emergency medical payment assistance.
IMPORTANT: This is only a brief description of the program. Please refer to the link below for a summary of the terms, conditions, and exclusions. Note that the benefits and services provided in CPP Platinum are available only to guests who enroll in and pay the appropriate program cost to Holland America Line. Please note that payment of the required cruise deposit does not automatically activate enrollment in CPP Platinum Protection. In order to activate enrollment, you must pay the appropriate program costs in addition to the required cruise deposit amount. The CPP Standard and CPP Platinum Plans are optional and are available for purchase prior to the date on which cancellation fees begin to accrue. Payment for the plan is due at time of purchase and is non-refundable. The per person, per cruise costs for both plans are listed with the cruise fares. To add our Cancellation Protection Standard or Platinum Plan to your new or existing cruise booking, please call us at 1-877-932-4259.
This program was designed and is administered by Aon Affinity Berkely Travel. Aon Affinity, is the brand name for the brokerage and program administration operations of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc.; (AR 244489); in CA, MN & OK , AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. (CA 0795465); in CA, Aon Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., (0G94493), Aon Direct Insurance Administrators and Berkely Insurance Agency and in NY and NH, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency. Affinity Insurance Services is acting as a Managing General Agent as that term is defined in section 626.015(14) of the Florida Insurance Code. As a MGA we are acting on behalf of our carrier partner.
For New York residents only: The Holland America Cancel For Any Reason Waiver may be purchased separately from the Travel Insurance Program. Contact 1-877-538-3815 for details.
This plan provides insurance coverage that applies only during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home and automobile policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer, insurance agent or broker.
Dining on Holland America Cruises
Enjoy exquisite dining across a range of venues on Holland America Line Cruises
Throughout your cruise vacation, you will enjoy delicious and innovative menus across a broad range of dining venues. From a casual bite poolside to a formal five-course affair in our classic main Dining Room, the crew of Holland America Line will orchestrate a truly memorable dining experience. Led by Master Chef Rudi Sodamin, our exceptional culinary staff creates signature Holland America Line dishes using only the freshest produce and the highest quality meats and seafood available. Our knowledgeable wine stewards are adept at pairing the perfect wine with every dish. Whether you desire the relaxed atmosphere of the Lido, the elegance of the Pinnacle Grill or dinner for two on your private verandah, the choice is always yours.
As You Wish® dining on all cruises
From a festive five-course affair to a quick, casual dinner for two, our As You Wish® dining lets you choose the venues and style that suit you.
The elegant main Dining Room
- Luxurious Dining Room, graced with fine art and antiques
- Sophisticated Rosenthal china and crisp white table linens
- Five-course menus with offerings from classic preparations regionally inspired cuisine to vegetarian options
- Your choice of traditional pre-set seating and dining times or a flexible open schedule
The Pinnacle Grill experience
- Intimate dining featuring Sterling Silver Beef® and fresh seafood
- Luxurious appointments including Bvlgari® china, Riedel® stemware and Frette® linens
- Extensive wine list featuring many selections rated “Excellent” by Wine Spectator
- Featuring "An Evening at Le Cirque" in the Pinnacle Grill
- Featuring "Taste of De Librije" by Jonnie Boer
Other delightful ways to dine
- Fresh, cooked-to-order specialties in the Lido Restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Complimentary 24-hour in-room dining
- The Terrace Grill on deck
- Late-night snack; Chocolate Dessert Extravaganza
- Explorations Café featuring pastries and espresso drinks
- Daily Afternoon Tea service, elevated to Royal Dutch High Tea once per cruise
A master staff and crew
- Enhanced menu design under the direction of Master Chef Rudi Sodamin
- Executive chefs inducted into the prestigious Confrerie de la Chaine des Rotisseurs, an international food and wine society
- Ice cream bar featuring complimentary treats
- Hot hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour.
Special dietary needs, such as vegetarian, diabetic or gluten-free meals, are easily accommodated with advance requests. Kosher meals and a Health Conscious Dining option are also available. To arrange special meals, please contact your travel agent at least 90 days prior to departure. As You Wish® dining is currently available on each of our ships on all cruises.
Fuel Surcharge Policy on Holland America Cruises
Holland America has eliminated its fuel surcharge for all voyages. For all bookings within the final payment period, the fuel supplement will be refunded in the form of a shipboard credit. For all bookings outside of the final payment period for departures, the fuel supplement will be removed and guests will be provided with a revised final payment amount.
Holland America reserves the right to reinstate fuel supplements if the price of light sweet crude oil, according to the NYMEX, should increase above $70 per barrel.
Tipping Policy on Holland America Cruises
Our crew works very hard to make sure that every aspect of your cruise meets the highest standards. This includes those crew members who serve you directly, such as Dining Room wait staff and the stewards who service your stateroom each day. There are also many others who support their efforts whom you may never meet, such as galley and laundry staff. To ensure that the efforts of all of our crew members are recognized and rewarded, a daily Hotel Service Charge is automatically added to each guest’s shipboard account.
The daily Hotel Service Charge for suites is US$12.00 per guest per day, and US$11.50 per guest per day for other staterooms. (The charges are subject to change without notice)
If our service exceeds or fails to meet your expectations, you are free to adjust this amount at the end of each segment and/or voyage. The Hotel Service Charge is paid to Holland America Line crew members, and represents an important part of their compensation. A 15% Bar Service Charge is automatically added to bar charges and Dining Room wine purchases. In terminals, airports, ports of call and on shore excursions, we suggest that you extend gratuities consistent with customary local practices.
Payments / Refunds on on Holland America Cruises
A deposit is required and generally due within 1 to 5 days after reservation date. The per person, per cruise deposit requirement will be advised at time of booking. A second deposit is required for all Grand Voyages.
Our Cancellation Protection Plan, if desired, may be purchased at time of deposit or prior to the date on which cancellation fees begin to accrue. As cancellation fee accrual dates vary, please consult the applicable Holland America Line brochure or our website, for the date applicable to your cruise. Once the plan is purchased, fees related to the plan are non-refundable.
Final payment is generally due no later than 75 days prior to departure although some cruises have different final payment date requirements. Please consult the Holland America Line brochure for the final payment date applicable to your cruise. Once final payment is received by Holland America Line and Online Check-in is completed, travel documents with your vacation details will be available approximately 50 days prior to your voyage date. Travel documents, however, are only issued after final payment has been received by Holland America.
Payment by American Express, VISA, MasterCard or Discover Card is accepted. For faster processing, please include a confirmation number on your check. Travel agents please note that MCOS will not be accepted. Travel agents or consumers outside the U.S. and Canada should make payment by wire transfer or passenger's credit card.
Refunds (except for amounts paid for CPP) will be made in accordance with the following Cancellation Policy for written cancellations received prior to the date on which you are to commence travel by air, rail, sea or otherwise.
If you have purchased a specially priced promotion that is 100% non-refundable from the point of payment, you are not entitled to any refund, payment, compensation or credit whatsoever of your gross fare if you cancel your booking. Given that the resale of cancelled space will likely result in a lost opportunity to sell other space, these fees are due regardless of resale. Fees incurred as a result of cancellation cannot be applied to future bookings. Refunds will normally be made to your travel professional. Travel professionals may impose their own cancellation fees. Agency fees of any nature are a matter to be decided on solely by the agency and guests. Name changes require the prior approval of Holland America Line and may not always be possible. Cruise contracts are nontransferable. Name changes and departure date changes are considered reservation cancellations and are subject to cancellation fees.
Cancellation fees apply to the entire cruise booking, including cruise fare, air add-ons, ground transfers, pre-cruise and post-cruise hotel and tour packages. Guests who cancel within the dates shown below for any reason, including medical or family reasons, are subject to the following per-person cancellation fees:
Grand World; Grand Voyages; any Segment of a Grand World or Grand Voyage; 28+ day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas; Incan Empires; Amazon Explorer;
30+ day Europe Transatlantic or any segment of a 30+ day Europe Transatlantic sailing; and 2013 Rotterdam Far East
120–91 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;
90–76 days before commencing travel: 60% of gross fare;
75 days or less before commencing travel: 100% of gross fare.
All Holiday; Australia/New Zealand; South Pacific; Asia (Including 2014 RT Far East); Prinsendam Europe; South America/Antarctica sailings; and Rotterdam Caribbean
90–64 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;
63–43 days before commencing travel: 50% of gross fare;
42–22 days before commencing travel: 75% of gross fare.
21 days or less before commencing travel: 100% of gross fare.
Caribbean (except Rotterdam); Panama Canal; Mexico; Canada & New England; Pacific Coastal; Pacific Northwest; Alaska and Alaska CruiseTours; Europe (except Prinsendam Europe, 30+ day Transatlantic and segments of 30+ day Transatlantic) and 27-day or less Hawaii sailings
75–57 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;
56–29 days before commencing travel: 50% of gross fare;
28–16 days before commencing travel: 75% of gross fare;
15 days or less before commencing travel: 100% of gross fare.
Given that the resale of cancelled space will likely result in a lost opportunity to sell other space, these fees are due regardless of resale. Fees incurred as a result of cancellation cannot be applied to future bookings. Refunds will normally be made to your travel professional.Travel professionals may impose their own cancellation fees. Agency fees of any nature are a matter to be decided on solely by the agency and guests. Name changes require the prior approval of Holland America Line and may not always be possible. Cruise contracts are nontransferable. Name changes and departure date changes are considered reservation cancellations and are subject to cancellation fees.
Smoking Policy on Holland America Cruises
Presently, all indoor areas are designated non-smoking with the exception of:
- Northern Lights Disco (ms Eurodam, ms Oosterdam, ms Noordam, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, ms Westerdam & ms Zuiderdam only)
- Seaview Bar (except ms Maasdam, ms Ryndam & ms Statendam)
- Sports Bar
- Crow's Nest (except ms Eurodam, ms Oosterdam, ms Noordam, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, ms Westerdam & ms Zuiderdam)
All showrooms are nonsmoking during performances.
There are selected areas of the outside decks where smoking is allowable. Cigar and pipe smoking is only permitted on the outside decks.
Our ships do not currently have "nonsmoking" staterooms; however, all rooms are thoroughly cleaned after each cruise to assure the comfort of our guests.
All staterooms will be non-smoking areas, in addition to the other areas that were already defined as non-smoking. Smoking will continue to be permitted outside on stateroom verandahs. There are designated areas available for smoking both inside the ships and on outside decks as detailed above.
Marcie is very good.
The cruise itself exceeded our expectations. There were no problems; it was all good.
The onboard entertainment and information programs were very good. We were very happy with the excursions they offered and the guides did an exceptional job.
It was a very good cruise. The staff were very helpful with filling out the forms for Slovenia and Italy.
This was our 1st cruise and would do it again!