Celestyal Cruises September 2023
Save up to 75% on Celestyal cruises
Launched in September 2014, Celestyal Cruises offers a retro line of ships that gives you a close look at ports in the Mediterranean and off the Aegean and Adriatic seas. One of the popular cruises takes cruise-goers for 7 nights on a mesmerizing voyage of the Eastern Mediterranean, following in the footsteps of Paul the Apostle. Travelers can view the stunning shores of Turkey as well as journey through the green waters of the sun-drenched Cyclades. A more personalized cruise service is provided for guests, as the ships have smaller crews, a smaller number of travelers, and fewer amenities, such as kid-friendly amusements. Celestyal Cruises is a revitalized incarnation of Louis Cruises. The cruise line highlights Mediterranean trip schedules, and has distinguished itself as featuring affordable cruises to Turkey and the Greek Islands. Celestyal Cruises' small fleet of ships calls on both well-known and lesser known Adriatic and Aegean ports. If you want to see Greece and/or Turkey on a boutique cruise journey, the Celestyal brand is one you will want to review. You can get your fill of Aegean specialties, such as Tzatziki and Spanakopita, during the three meals offered per day as well as participate in cooking demonstrations hosted by Greek chefs. Some of the classic itineraries of Celestyal allow guests to see some of the most amazing historical, cultural, and beautiful ports along the Aegean Sea. Visit the volcanic wonders of Santorini and watch people on the jet-setting shores of Mykonos. Celestyal Cruises is known for offering the best cruise value for the money, as it provides pleasant, albeit older sailing vessels, that may not be as fancy as other cruise ships, but do deliver in terms of travel excitement. You may even be able to establish a friendship on a Celestyal cruise, as the smaller Celestyal cruise ships carry hundreds rather than thousands of passengers. With cruise line volume buys plus our low everyday prices you can save up to 80% versus the brochure price! Book your Celestyal cruise today with AffordableTours.com, your discounted cruise headquarters.
Celestyal Travel Guide
Celestyal Cruises Highlights
- Established in September 2014, Celestyal Cruises formerly operated under Louis Cruises and Louis Cruise Lines.
- The cruise company is based in Cyprus and is the only cruise line with its hub in Greece.
- Four ships are featured under Celestyal.
- The cruise company runs an East Mediterranean cruise program that travels to ports in Turkey and Greece as well as Cuba.
- The primary ships, as of 2020, in the Celestyal line, include the Celestyal Crystal (built 1980) (which features cruises to Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, and the Caribbean; the Celestyal Olympia (built 1982) (operating shorter cruises from Greece); and Celestyal Experience, (built 1993) which joined the fleet in August 2020.
- Cruise travel includes complimentary dining, unlimited classic drinks, select shore excursions, onboard entertainment, and port charges and gratuities.
- Celestyal travels to destinations in the Mediterranean, Greece and the Greek Islands, Turkey, Egypt, Cyprus, and Israel.
- The cruise line provides special amenities and encourages solo travelers to embark on Celestyal adventures.
- Shore excursions include visiting fascinating archaeological sites, such as ancient Ephesus in Turkey, the mysterious Minoan Palace in Knossos, and the Pyramids of Giza.
- Cruises are featured as 3, 4, 7, and 14-night sailings.
- Some of the themed cruises center on religion, last-minute cruise holidays, family, cuisine, mini 3- or 4-day cruises, all-inclusive packages, winter, culture, and weddings.
- One of the popular cruises offered by Celestyal is a romantic adventure that follows the travels of St. Paul the Apostle. The cruise trip travels along the Turkish coastline, and explores sites of the Eastern Mediterranean region. Featured landmarks include Hagia Sophia, the Faustina Baths of Miletus and ancient Ephesus, and the Holy Grotto of the Apocalypse.
Celestyal Cruises Travel Tips
- Fun onboard Grecian entertainment is offered in the form of bouzouki music.
- Greek dancing lessons are provided to trip-goers.
- Greek specialties, such as moussaka, cheese saganaki, are served onboard with International cuisine, such as fish, roasted and grilled meats, soups, and salads.
- You can see ports that are off-the-beaten track, which allow you to focus more on the destination rather than the journey.
- Enjoy spa amenities that will truly make you feel pampered, such as luxurious facials, scrubs and wraps, and discounted spa promotions, such as an Aegean Wind body scrrub complete with Cretan sea salt and olive oil.
- While the ships are older, the cabins and the other parts of each vessel are well-maintained and spotlessly clean.
- Most cruise guests comprise an interesting mix of passengers from places such as Great Britain, the U.S., Greece, Spain, and Australia.
- Trips to fascinating archaeological ruins, such as Knossos, the largest Bronze Age site in Crete make a Celestyal vacation a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Stops at bazaars in Turkey and Greece enable guests to find locally made decorative items, clothing, and souvenirs.
- The only type of Greek tragedy you will experience on a Celestyal cruise is when you have to end your cruise trip and go home.
- Taking a 7-day Aegian round-trip cruise from Athens, and calling at ports, such as Mykonos, Santorini, Milos, Crete, and Kusadasi, costs about $1,432.00 USD per person as of 2020. The package includes flights, a drinks package, shore excursions, and gratuities.
- You can easily book a cruise online or contact customer service at 1-877-337-4665.
Celestyal Cruises Things To Do
- This cruise line is not for someone who wants an all-American type cruise. To truly appreciate the cruises featured by Celestyal, you need to appreciate the finer things about Greek, Turkish, and Mediterranean travel. Bible scholars will find some of the cruise line's destinations to Biblical ports to be both exciting and meaningful. If you love archeology and all things Greek, you will not be disappointed by this boutique cruise line's featured travel experiences. People who want to travel on their own will find the offshore excursions, dining options, and general atmosphere onboard to be culturally immersive and personally rewarding. Because the cruise line is based in Cyprus, most everything seems to have a Grecian theme, including the music, entertainment options, most of the cuisine, and the onboard programs. If you want to escape and get away from your own culture or surroundings for 3 days to two weeks, you will find a cruise on Celestyal is the perfect diversion.
Celestyal Cruises Frequently Asked Questions
From what port do most vessels sail?
Most Celestyal cruises begin and end in Athens, Greece.
About how many passengers sail on a trip?
The smaller and older ships featured in the Celestyal line can carry up to 1,200 passengers. Even if a ship is sailing with one-fourth that many passengers, it still keeps its commitment to sail.
What Is the daytime dress code?
The dress code during the day is casual, with guests wearing clothing such as shorts, flip-flops and t-shirts.
What is the evening dress code?
The evening dress code features mostly casual attire, except on the ship's elegant night, which takes place once for each 7-night cruise. The apparel on elegant night includes nice pantsuits, slacks, and skirts with elegant blouses or button-down shirts. It normally is too warm to wear a jacket. The dress code on elegant night is suggested rather than enforced.
What clothing is not permitted in the ship’s restaurants?
Passengers cannot enter any of the ship's restaurants wearing tank tops, swimwear, and flip-flops. Shorts are only permitted during breakfast and lunch.
What is a Celestyal Inclusive Experience
A Celestyal inclusive experience includes meals and onboard entertainment, unlimited drinks on your cruise ship, traditional local dishes, and a wide range of shore excursions.
How many shore excursions are featured during a cruise trip to the Aegean region?
Normally, travelers can choose from one to three select excursions.
Why is Celestyal Cruises unique?
Celestyal Cruises features regular cruises to the Greek islands and is the only cruise line that offers round trips itineraries that begin and end in Athens, Greece. Itineraries also feature overnights at ports, such as Santorini and Mykonos, giving guests more time to explore these stopovers.
What is Destination Immersion?
Celestyal Cruises allows guests to immerse themselves in each destination they visit. By experiencing unique and authentic excursions and cultural and historical attractions, guests gain a special insight about the places they visit and the cuisine they eat.
What features make Celestyal stand out?
Ships in Celestyal Cruises' fleet are medium in size, which means they can visit the ports that the mega ships cannot access. Therefore, the cruise line can offer smaller and less discovered destinations on its itineraries. Onboard, guests enjoy a homier environment and fewer crowds along with the ultimate in customer care, comfort and personalized services.
What accommodations are featured onboard the flagship, the Celestyal Experience?
The Celestyal Experience features a range of upscale accommodations with first-class services. Most of the staterooms on the ship feature a private balcony. This makes it possible for you to enjoy ocean views or do some stargazing.
What amenities are included in the Celestial Experience’s Grand Suites?
Grand suites on the Celestyal Experience feature large terraces where breakfast is served by a personal concierge. Toiletries and fresh towels are provided twice daily in the suites as well as adjustable air-conditioning, security lockbox, hairdryer, refrigerated minibar, and TV.
What onboard services are featured for cruise travelers?
Cruise-goers can get just about everything they need by taking advantage of Celestyal's onboard service offerings. Guests can browse through the ship's shops for last-minute shopping items or contact friends and family through the ship's Wi-Fi and phone. If you feel ill, you can receive assistance in the ship's fully equipped medical center, which is staffed by highly trained medical personnel.
What do Celestyal Experience staterooms and suites feature in outside amenities?
The Celestyal Experience boasts a wide selection of staterooms and suites that offer the same elegance and comfort as a premium hotel. Accommodations enable you to access personal concierge services that are tailored to your likes and preferences. Guests have access to dedicated housekeeping services, which schedule room cleaning twice daily. Laundry services are also featured for added convenience.
How are cabins, suites, and grand suites equipped?
All ship cabins come with a private shower, telephone, chilled minibar, safety deposit box, 40" HD interactive satellite television, and hairdryer. Suites also have dining and seating areas with a sea view balcony or spacious outside terrace. A Jacuzzi tub is featured in the Grand Suites as well.
What perks do guests staying in Wellness suites enjoy?
Guests in Celestyal Wellness suites can access exclusive spa areas and the adult-only Beach Club. They also can take advantage of concierge services, which offer priority check-in, expedited embarkation, express delivery of luggage, assistance with unpacking, and onboard dining in an exclusive venue of the ship.
Learn More About Celestyal Cruises
Return to Ocean Cruising Coming Soon
Whether you love to cruise the high seas or want to take another type of ship-sailing adventure, you can set your sights toward cruising in the near-distant future, or in 2022 or 2023. A current news release (April 2021) announced the next phase, issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), of…
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!