Viking Cruises March 2023
Save up to 75% on Viking cruises
Viking introduced its first ocean ship in 2015 named Viking Star and its world's awarded Cruise Company. Viking has changed the way we think about cruising and has crafted its own unique style. Viking Company has launched other ships named Viking Sea, Viking Sky, Viking Sun, Viking Orion and Viking Jupiter, etc. Viking keeps its travelers entertained by celebrating culture, focusing on food, the people and their customs and providing spas to relax, etc so that travelers come back another time for a cruise by expecting more and it has the highest return cruiser rates of any company. Viking Company provides a private veranda for every suite and they offer a variety of fine dining options. This company has multiple options for their travelers like Al Fresco dining at sea, an infinity pool, a Nordic-inspired spa, panoramic explorer's lounge, and a collection of books throughout the ship, etc. With cruise line volume buys plus our low everyday prices you can save up to 80% versus the brochure price! Book your Viking cruise today with AffordableTours.com, your discounted cruise headquarters.
Viking Travel Guide
Sorry, we were unable to find a cruise for you.
If you've not chosen a criteria, then please do so; otherwise you need to broaden your search criteria to find matches.
Viking Cruises Highlights
- Viking Ocean Cruises is one of the largest and increasingly popular cruises in the world. They have seen the fastest growth since their inception. Viking Ocean Cruises shares a very large portion of the total ocean cruise travelers.
- This cruise company announced that it will be attempting to set a Guinness world record for the longest cruise in history. The cruise will be 245 days long and the travelers will be able to visit 59 countries on this cruise. The cruise started sailing in August 2019 from the British port of Greenwich. The prices for this Ultimate World Cruise were set at almost $85,000 per person and it gave the opportunity to its passengers, of visiting 113 ports in the entire World.
- Viking Cruises have tailors on board that help the crew member to alter their uniforms and costumes for shows. Their ships are really big enough and it can be assessed by the fact that almost 5,700 uniforms are pressed everyday on all Viking Ocean Cruise ships.
- Culture and learning are given very high importance by Viking Ocean Cruises and it is said that there is a library on every Viking Ocean Cruise and each of these libraries contains more than a thousand books and they have dedicated staff that is responsible for counting and arranging all of the books at the library in order. This drill is carried out after every cruise so the guests of the next cruise can enjoy this service seamlessly.
- The capacity on most of the Viking Ocean Cruise ships is around 930. This is relatively smaller than most of the other competitive cruise lines that have ships having capacity of up to 6,000 passengers. Viking took this decision to keep the crowd limited and that makes the atmosphere a bit more quiet and peaceful for the passengers.
- With Viking, you cannot bring your children on board who are younger than the age of 18. This policy has been introduced some time ago and before that, it was a very family-friendly ocean cruise where you could take all the young children with you. This has been implemented to make this cruise a bit friendlier for those who want to travel with adults only.
- If you are someone who is passionate about having a good time playing blackjack or a game of poker while on the cruise then there is bad news for you because onboard a Viking Ocean Cruise you may not find any casinos to fulfill that passion of yours.
- If you end up paying extra money every time you book a cruise, just to get the cabin that has a balcony in it, then you may be surprised that with Viking Ocean Cruises you don't need to be worried about that because every cabin inside a Viking Ocean Cruise has a balcony with it and you will get balcony included in your standard cabin as well.
- You don't need to buy land excursions for every port that you land in because with this cruise company you will have at least one complementary land excursion at every port. So you are not completely on your own at the destination if you don't buy a separate land excursion. And obviously, they also offer tons of options for land excursions that you can pay for as well.
- Viking Ocean Cruises holds a world record for christening around 14 ships in a single day, which is the most number of cruise ships that have been christened in 24 hours. This is a huge number and they also held the previous record of naming 8 cruise ships in a time span of one day.
Viking Cruises Travel Tips
- Viking is the world's most awarded company. Travelers who love cruising, they have the best dining experience in Viking Cruise Line as it has a lot of different dinning venues to choose and have wine and beer included with every lunch and dinner. They have the best restaurants for their travelers that include hamburgers at the Pool Grill, The world cafe, traditional Norwegian staples in Mamsen's, and Manfredi's Italian Steakhouse etc with daily different menu.
- In today's modern world every person is fascinated by food and their first preference to any place is to know about its food quality. Viking Cruise Line focuses mainly on its cuisine and they make sure to change their menu daily so that travelers can have different tastes. They have the best chefs who are highly experienced, passionate, and committed to their work.
- Viking Cruise Line provides you with a pleasant and relaxing environment through spa facilities such as hydrotherapy pools, steam rooms, saunas, and heated tile lounges. This company ensures to meet your expectations.
- This company has five different suite types that include 24-hour room service, flat-screen TV with on-demand movies, Internet, with storage space, with high tech sound speakers. Viking Cruise Line makes sure to give you a luxurious suite by giving sophisticated decor, calm colors, king-size beds, a private verandah, high-pressure showers, and lavish bath amenities.
- Viking culture curriculum is an exclusive program that brings expert speakers who talk about culture, traditions, educational talks and different activities on board. They will give you lectures on history, art and other relevant subjects. Viking Cruise Line provides you entertainment through performances featuring folkloric shows, musicians playing classic music and cooking classes.
- Internet is one of the facilities that is very important and that brings you connected to your close ones and there is no other cruise line except Viking that provides you free wifi for all the guests so that you can stay connected with your family and friends.
- Viking Cruise Line came up with a new approach by designing it inside, out. They designed in a way to give more space and comfort to its travelers. This company has elegant spaces, relaxing suites personal veranda to have privacy and enjoy your own company. They have adults-only atmosphere on board.
- Viking small ships cruise to the most beautiful destinations and they give you extra time to explore and discover your favorite location. The best way to explore by a short walk from your ship so that you can have fun by taking pictures and by exploring natural beauty.
- Viking small ship cruise line's good point is that they cruise to all unique and inspiring parts of the world. This cruise line is further opening the world with its new itineraries that include Australia, New Zealand, Asia, India, Alaska, and the Caribbean. Viking Cruise Line Company is growing so fast and working on other cruise ships too.
- Traveling with Viking is one of the best decisions as you choose to spend your day by your own wish and it's totally up to you. They have so many options included with shore excursions. You have plenty of time to explore and enjoy every destination independently.
Viking Cruises Things To Do
- Viking Cruise Line targets millennial and adult travelers as they love new Venice class cruise ships because they feel like it's their home. Viking Company provides Apple computers, devices, a welcoming atrium, luxurious accommodation, a relaxing spa, beautiful restaurants, and a pleasing observation lounge. The young generation has so much to enjoy for specially free complimentary wifi and it's an impressive inclusion on the sea. They have amazing cuisine with so many options and pleasing dining areas.
There is an included shore excursion available in every port, wines, beer and soft drinks are complimentary at lunch and dinner. These luxury features are only available on Viking Cruise Line without extra charges. Viking cruise is really affordable. Facilities like these are very appealing for the young adults who want to spend their vacations exploring destinations on land and having fun in the sea. This cruise company is chosen by these millennials because they like to spend time with people of their own generation who are in abundance at these cruises.
Viking Cruises Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of trips can I take with you?
Viking Cruises offers its travelers to enjoy many different kinds of trips that take them to places like Scandinavia & Northern Europe, the Americas and Caribbean, Mediterranean and Asia & Australia. These cruises can be taken all around the year. Their trips have defined itineraries that let you explore almost all of the destinations that come in your way.
How much would a tour cost?
The cost of Viking cruises is not too much as compared to the cost of other similar cruises. Their package prices are nominal also because they are a large cruise company and the cost per cruise from them is much more economical. They have cruises that may include a lot of destination and the prices may be increased with the number of destinations that your cruise visits. The average cost for a cruise is a pretty hard number to extract as there are too many itineraries and that is why there is a lot of variation in the per person for a cruise on an average. An indicative figure for the price of a cruise package may be something like $3,000 for a standard package of one person for a trip to Europe that may last up to 8 days.
Can I take my family with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
Viking Ocean Cruises is a large company and they have a lot of tour guides available but if you only take the complimentary land excursion that is included in the package then you might not be able to get a separate tour guide but if you choose to book a different land excursion then you might see a couple of options where you can have privately guided tour for an additional price and then you will not have to be worried about being stuck with other tourists.
Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
Yes, they provide links to many travel agents who are there to help you and guide you about the cruise. They are the authorized agents of Viking Ocean Cruises in their respective countries. These agents should be contacted before making a reservation and they can help you with a lot of stuff like the guidelines for taking a cruise and how to obtain a visa for your destination country. This is ideal for passengers of longer cruises because they will be spending a lot of time in the cruise and need to make sure that everything is according to their desire.
Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
There are multiple ways of contacting Viking Ocean Cruises. You can definitely call them whenever you want. The other option is to drop them an email with your query and someone from their contact support team will get in touch with you.
What do the guides do for you?
The guides over there at the Viking Ocean Cruises help you with understanding the destinations that you visit. By understanding, we mean understanding culture and traditions of these cities. They help you in your excursions and due to their expertise in communicating with locals you will feel like you belong to that place.
Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
Yes, all of the crew members working at each and every place are specialists. You will feel very comfortable around the crew members of this cruise company. They have experience of a lot of years, due to this they have become experts in their fields.
What type of way can you travel when you are traveling through Viking Ocean Cruises?
There are a few other ways of traveling with Viking Ocean Cruises other than the usual cruise to multiple countries in one go. They also offer cruises that are themed for a special occasion and their World cruises are very famous, which have a very long duration and visit several countries in that time period.
Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
Viking Ocean Cruises has itineraries customized a year before the actual cruise takes place so that the guests can have enough time to prepare themselves up for the cruise. Apart from the regular staff that handles the customization of itineraries of the cruises, you can also customize the itineraries of your cruise with Viking by adding multiple land excursions at an additional cost of course.
Where do you stay while you are at the destinations?
This cruise company always strives to provide the best service to its guests and this is why they have a lot of decent accommodation options available for their guests at the destinations.
Is there a single supplement that can be used for travelers who are solo?
As of now, there is a single supplement fee of extra 25% for solo travelers who choose to take an ocean cruise with Viking Ocean Cruises. This fee is less than a lot of other Ocean Cruises and as a matter of fact they also add a lot of packages every year that could further add a discount on this supplement fee.
On average, what is the group size like?
The group sizes can sometimes be very large on such cruises because there are complimentary land excursions and most people choose to go for such excursions and that causes a shortfall of tour guides on such excursions. So in order to provide equal opportunities for everyone they tend to increase the group size a little bit but if you want to be a part of a smaller group then it is better to purchase a separate land excursion for yourself.
Learn More About Viking Cruises
Return to Ocean Cruising Coming Soon
Whether you love to cruise the high seas or want to take another type of ship-sailing adventure, you can set your sights toward cruising in the near-distant future, or in 2022 or 2023. A current news release (April 2021) announced the next phase, issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), of…
Review: Rhine Getaway With Viking
All in all, we fell in love with the Alsatian region, Germany, and the beautiful river cruising experience on the Rhine Getaway with Viking.
- Athens (Piraeus), Greece Cruises (99)
- Barcelona, Spain Cruises (96)
- Venice, Italy Cruises (87)
- Civitavecchia, Italy Cruises (75)
- Bergen, Norway Cruises (66)
- Istanbul, Turkey Cruises (58)
- Reykjavik, Iceland Cruises (42)
- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Cruises (42)
- Greenwich, England Cruises (32)
- New York (Manhattan), NY Cruises (30)
- Toronto, Canada Cruises (29)
- Vancouver, Canada Cruises (28)
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!