Show Amsterdam Sailings
Amsterdam is the economic and cultural capital of the Netherlands and an important port city. The narrow canals are perfect for strolling along and taking in the beautiful scenery and gabled houses. The city exhudes a relaxed and fairytale-like atmosphere. Growing out of the 17th century Golden Age, over 7000 historic buildings are in the city, making it a perfect place for history buffs. With many parks, world-class museums, fine dining, excellent shopping, and an active nightlife, Amsterdam is a great place for any traveler.
Things to Do
- De Pijb- This trendy outlying area grew up in the 19th century and life in the area centers on Albert Cuyp Markt. With plenty of unique shopping at different stalls, it’s also an excellent place to grab a bite to eat like the locals or stick around for active nightlife. It is also the location of the old Heineken brewery and distillery until 1988.
- Oud-Zuid- One of the most expensive and exclusive neighborhoods in Amsterdam, it is a great for art lovers. With many of the world’s best museums, there is no lack of culture. It is also a good place for retail therapy at designer shops and boutiques. Maybe even catch a symphony concert at the Royal Concertgebouw.
Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel
Address: Kattengat 1, 1012 SZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 621 2223
1.4 miles from Cruise Terminal
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Address: Piet Heinkade 11, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 519 1200
Adjacent to the Cruise Terminal
- Visit the Rijksmuseum, the national museum in Holland, where 8,000 pieces tell a story of Dutch history from the Middle Ages to now. Tourists can walk through and view famous works like Rembrandt’s Night Watch, and Vermeer’s The Milkmaid. The museum also includes dollhouses, suits of armor and huge models of trading ships that kids will love.
- No trip to Amsterdam is complete without taking a tour of the Anne Frank House. Once a place where the young diarist Anne Frank and her family hid during World War II before being discovered, the house has been turned into a museum. Part of the house has been set up to look like it would have in Anne Frank’s time.
- Kids of all ages will love the interactive Nemo Science Center where they get to smell, hear, feel and see as they learn about science and technology. All exhibits are hands-on and interactive, and in the laboratory setting, kids get to wear mini lab coats and safety glasses before their “experiments”. Grab a bite to eat and enjoy the views of the city on the roof-top area.
- Through video games and plays, explore the 500 years of Dutch history at the National Maritime Museum. There are various interactive and educational exhibitions for children of all ages. Little ones will love the 18th century replica ship and the Tale of the Whale exhibit.
Johan Cruijff ArenA: ArenA Boulevard 1, 1100 DL Amsterdam, Netherlands
Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (PTA)
Port of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Piet Heinkade 27
1019 BR Amsterdam
Learn More About Amsterdam Cruises
Review: Viking Sagas With Holland America Line
By: Susan Fleitman, Travel Consultant Viking Sagas with Holland America Line was amazing for so many reasons, but I’ll begin with the ship. The Nieuw Statendam is Holland America’s newest ship and boy, is she gorgeous! It’s chock full of fabulous new venues and it’s not your grandma’s Holland America anymore.
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!