Show Colon Sailings
This small and sometimes overlooked Caribbean city is the capital of Colón Province in Panama. It is located near the Atlantic entrance to the Panama Canal. The city is the capital of Panama's Colon Province. The city was founded in 1850. It was established in 1850 and named Aspinwall but later changed to Colón which is Spanish for Columbus. The Panama Canal entrance is also located here which makes it a major port and stopping point for ships.
Things to Do
- Colón Free Zone - Just like many Caribbean ports, this is the best place to shop because you don’t pay tax. This is the largest free-trade zone in the Americas.
New Washington Hotel
Address: Calle Bolivar s/n, Colón, Panama
1.1 miles from Cruise Terminal
Sand Diamond Hotel
Address: Centro Comercial Millenium Plaza, Zona Libre de Colón, 0302 Colón, Panama
Phone: +507 447-1000
2 miles from Cruise Terminal
- Colón is home to the second world's largest tax-free area. With thousands of stores to choose from it’s no surprise why tourists decide to shop at the low prices before finishing the rest of their journey.
- Battery Morgan is a small piece of history with a view. This fortress was occupied by the U.S until 1955. You can visit the fort and get the best view of the ocean and ships from the top.
- Parque Centenario is located between two streets and although this narrow park may not be very big, this quiet little area is the perfect place to sit down and enjoy the city.
- A short drive from Colón is the Agua Clara and Gatun Locks. Here you can watch the ships go through part of the Panama Canal and enter the Gatun Lake.
Paseo Gorgas, Colón, Panama
Parking garage is available a short walk from the cruise port
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!