Show Lisbon Sailings
Famous for its warmth and hospitality, Lisbon is a city that blends history with the modern era. It is also the second oldest city in Europe, ruled by the Romans, Visigoths, Moors, and finally European crusaders. With its love of codfish and ginjinha, lots of sunshine, and comfortable temperatures, Lisbon has seen a recent rise in visitors. There is a little something for everyone in the city. From museums to historical architecture, to excellent cuisine, to specialty shops and an active nightlife. Bring comfortable walking shoes because Lisbon is an extremely hill-laden city.
Things to Do
- Baixa- This is the true downtown area of Lisbon where locals go to meet and is full of shopping and opportunities to enjoy delicious, local cuisine. It is also the historical heart of the city with famous landmarks and museums. Visitors can grab a bite to eat at Rossio Square and then stroll down the beautiful Rua da Augusta.
- Bairro Alto- This neighborhood is quiet during the day, but when the sun goes down it transforms itself into a popular nightlife hotspot for locals and visitors alike. With the party-like atmosphere and many bars and clubs, tourists can find delicious eateries and hear great local fado music.
Hotel Vincci Baixa
Address: R. do Comércio 32-38, 1100-150 Lisboa, Portugal
Phone: +351 21 880 3190
0.9 miles from Cruise Terminal
Hotel Lis Baixa
Address: Rua dos Douradores 146, 1100-107 Lisboa, Portugal
Phone: +351 21 880 5050
0.8 miles from Cruise Terminal
- For a relaxing itinerary, explore the medieval cobblestone streets of Alfama- the oldest neighborhood in Lisbon with obvious Moorish influences. Visit small shops, fado clubs, or even the local Feira da Ladra market, and take in the sites of some fantastic old architecture. Head up to Castelo de Sao Jorge on foot or via funicular to see some well-preserved relics and the castle itself, plus catch some of the best views of the city. Also on the grounds are gardens and an archaeological museum.
- Head to Belem to see the monuments and museums about Lisbon’s roll in exploration of the New World, boasting famous explorers such as Vasco da Gama and Ferdinand Magellan. Check out the UNESCO world heritage sites of Mosteiro dos Jerónimos with its unique architectural style and then the old 16th century fort of Torre de Belem. Don’t forget to stop by the Padrao dos Descobrimentos (Monument to the Discoveries) built to commemorate Henry the Navigator and take in great views of the waterfront just a short jaunt away.
- Head to the Parque das Nacoes (Park of Nations) for family fun for all ages. Kids will enjoy an educational experience at the Oceanarium where they can learn about the fish and their habitats, or perhaps get hands on at the Pavilhão do Conhecimento (Science Pavilion). Adults will enjoy a leisurely walk through the gardens or the urban art exhibit. Afterwards climb into a cable car with everyone for panoramic views at 4000 feet up of the park, Tagus River, and the Vasco da Gama Tower.
- To get a more hands on approach to naval history in Lisbon, head over to see the old frigate Fernando II e Gloria. It is one of the last warships to be built in the royal ship yard and has been restored to what it looked like in 1843. Turned into a floating museum, exhibits are set up on several decks to depict what a life at sea might have been like. Kids can wander freely on each level and observe mannequins posed as if in the middle of carrying out their daily tasks.
Estádio de Luz (AKA Stadium of Light): Av. Eusébio da Silva Ferreira, 1500-313 Lisboa, Portugal
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Estádio José de Alvalade: Rua Professor Fernando da Fonseca, 1501-806 Lisboa, Portugal
Estadio do Restelo: Praceta Torres do Restelo 1449-015, 1400-203 Lisboa, Portugal
Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa
R. Rio Tejo
1100-281 Lisboa, Portugal
Long term, private parking is located nearby
From Humberto Delgado Airport (LIS) To Cruise Terminal:
- Head north on Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit
- Turn left toward Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas
- Slight left onto Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Av. Alm. Gago Coutinho
- At the roundabout, take the 5th exit onto Av. Afonso Costa
- Continue onto Av. Mal. Francisco da Costa Gomes
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto R. António Gonçalves
- Continue onto Praça Paiva Couceiro
- Continue straight onto Av. Mouzinho de Albuquerque
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Av. Mouzinho de Albuquerque
- Turn right onto Av. Infante Dom Henrique
- Destination will be on the left
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!