Show Savona Sailings
Savona, Italy is a port city that has become a major cruise hub in recent years. Lying between the coast and the mountains, it is part of the Italian Riviera and a popular beach destination for locals as well as visitors from Milan, Tuscany, and Germany. Called the City of Popes, both Pope Sixtus IV and Julius II were from Savona and were responsible for architecture there as well as that of the Sistine Chapel and Michelangelo’s involvement in the project. It is also not far from Monaco and Genoa is a mere hour away. With a medieval town center, there is also a nice urban feel with lots of new shops, bars, and restaurants.
Things to Do
- City Center- This is the historical heart of the city with medieval roots. It is easily walkable with lots of small streets packed with shops, cafes, and old architecture.
- Port District- Dominated by the Torre di Leon Pancaldo, enjoy strolling along the waterfront to see the yachts moored, eat at small cafes, or just people watch.
Hotel NH Savona Darsena
Address: Via Agostino Chiodo, 9, 17100 Savona SV, Italy
Phone: +39 019 803211
0.4 miles from Cruise Terminal
Mare Hotel Savona
Address: Via Nizza, 41, 17100 Savona SV, Italy
Phone: +39 019 264065
2.5 miles from Cruise Terminal
- Built by Pope Sixtus the IV as a mausoleum to his parents in the 15th century, this is the second Sistine Chapel outside of Rome. This is the same pope who commissioned the first Sistine Chapel. Admire the paintings and frescoes done by local artists, it stands as a reminder of the powerful Della Rovere family who were patrons of the city and produced powerful popes.
- If you’ve got a little bit of time, book a wine tour just outside the city in the Piedmont region. Sample Barolo wine, which is a red full of body and acidic with notes of roses, herbs, and tar. Enjoy it with a charcuterie platter or the regional truffles.
- Take the whole family to the beach. This area is unique for the French Riviera with beaches of sand rather than pebbles. It is within walking distance from the city center and a great place to meet the locals and to relax and enjoy the mild weather.
- Visit the Fortezza del Priamar, one of the largest in the area, it was built in the 16th century by the Genoese to control the city, parts of it were used as a prison, ceremonial halls, and other functions. The large complex now houses the Pinacoteca Civica art museum and the Archaeological Museum of Savona. Climb up to the top for panoramic views of the city and the port below.
Stadio Valerio Bacigalupo: Via Luigi Cadorna, 5, 17100 Savona SV, Italy
Porto Crociere di Savona Bastia
Via Antonio Baglietto, 26, 17100
Savona SV, Italy
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!