Show Stockholm Sailings
Stockholm, Sweden is the largest city in Scandinavia and takes up space on 14 islands. Established in 1252, it grew into a popular port for cruises to Northern Europe. It mixes together its modern history with its medieval one- both preserving the old and embracing the new. Stockholm is constantly evolving and is Europe’s cultural capital with a sense of style, as well as the first Green capital. Everyone can find something to enjoy here, be it history, new trends in food and culture, and great shopping.
Things to Do
- Gamla Stan- Painstakingly preserved, this literally means “Old Town” and is one of the largest collections of 16th century houses in Europe. Wander through the enchanting medieval streets and see the vividly painted houses that you would more regularly find in the Mediterranean.
- SoFo/Nytorget- South of Folkungagatan, travelers can fund unique coffee shops, vintage shops, and a kitsch flair everywhere. It’s also a haven for artists and designers. Don’t miss the Nytorget Urban Deli- a giant supermarket, deli, bistro, bar, and bakery complex all in one.
Address: Södra KAJEN 37, 115 41 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 517 386 00
0.9 miles from Cruise Terminal
Clarion Collection Hotel Tapto
Address: Jungfrugatan 57, 115 31 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 664 50 00
2.1 miles from Cruise Terminal
- Visit the Kungliga Slottet (Royal Palace) in Gamla Stan. It is one of the Europe’s largest castles and the official residence of the king. Built in the 13th century, it has over 600 rooms and 11 floors. This is also the home of a number of attractions like the Treasury of the National Government, the medieval history Tre Kronor Museum, the Representation floors, Gustav III's antique museum and castle church.
- Oldest of its kind, take a tour of the Skansen Open-Air Museum. It is the country in miniature, with houses and farmsteads from all over Sweden. It is also a zoo with native animals. Walk through time on a historical route to see old 18th century mansions, farms, and more while meeting those dressed in period costume.
- Head to the contemporary modern art museum, Moderna Museet. Here visitors can download the audio guide for a tour through the museum with the whole family. Specially designed for kids, it takes them through the story of different pieces of art as they walk through. There are also kids activities as they tour, with puzzles, fun tasks and more.
- Do not miss the Vasa Museet. Built to house the salvaged 17th century ship in its entirety, the museum tells the story of the ship and those who built it. Kids can engage in digital and hands on learning activities and they will love the models and interactive exhibits.
Nationalarenan: Råsta Strandväg 1, 169 79 Solna, Sweden
Djurgårdens IF Ishockeyförening
Hovet (Arena): Johanneshov, 121 77 Johanneshov, Sweden
Port Of Stockholm
Stockholm Cruise Center Frihamnen
115 56 Stockholm, Sweden
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!