Things to Do
- Arenales- Visit the residential area of Arenales where visitors can see the El Obelisco in Plaza de La Constitucion. Every year, locals celebrate the 1978 Spanish Constitution in the square. It is also home to Casa Africa, an institution striving to nurture good relations between Spain and Africa, and also has a gallery for art, photographs and videos.
- La Isleta- Although new homes next to bars and restaurants are starting to pop up, this is still the oldest historical area on the island. The Castillo de la Luz built in 1552 is the oldest fortress in Gran Canaria and was protection against pirate attacks, including privateers like Sir Francis Drake.
AC Hotel by Marriott Gran Canaria
Address: Calle Eduardo Benot, 3, 5, 35007 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, Spain
Phone: +34 928 26 61 00
0.3 miles from Cruise Terminal
Address: Calle Alfredo L Jones, 40, 35008 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, Spain
Phone: +34 928 26 01 00
0.5 miles from Cruise Terminal
- Take a stroll along several avenues in the pedestrian-friendly city. Go along the Avenida Maritima to the village of San Cristobol and enjoy excellent seafood. If in need of retail therapy, take a leisurely walk through Triana. Or if the beach is more tempting, follow the Paseo de Las Canteras promenade for the best views of the beach and cool off with ice cream along with way.
- Go on a tour of a Canary winery. The vines in the Canary Islands are some of the oldest vines in the world and the Canary Islands have been producing wine for over 500 years. With intense mineral flavors from the volcanic soil as well as the high elevation, the region of Gran Canaria produces mostly dry, acidic white wine.
- Trace the footsteps of Christopher Columbus when you take the whole family to visit Casa De Colon and discover the house in which Columbus stayed in 1492. Now a museum, it houses pre-Columbian artefacts, ship models, a replica of a cabin of La Niña, navigation instruments, maritime maps and charts, paintings as well as many other artifacts.
- Relax with a family day at Las Canteras beach and enjoy swimming in calm, clear water. Rated one of the best city beaches in the world, it is almost 2 miles long and is sheltered by a reef that’s great for snorkeling. The nearby promenade is a nice place to grab lunch for hungry beach-goers.
Unión Deportiva Las Palmas, S.A.D.
Estadio Gran Canaria: Calle Fondos de Segura, s/n, 35019 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, Spain