Things to Do
Surrounding Areas Of Interest
- Altstadt (Old Town)- Lined with family owned shops and boutique stores, Old City is a great place to sit and enjoy a meal or coffee at one the many restaurants and coffee houses. While most of Alstadt is new, there are still a few remaining buildings that harken back to an earlier age.
- Vorstadt- Located right next to Alstadt, this area is home to the Town Hall, Opera House, and the Sophienhof shopping center. This is also a great place to seek out museums.
Hotel Astor Kiel by Campanile
Address: Holstenpl. 1-2, 24103 Kiel, Germany
Phone: +49 431 99790
1.0 miles from Cruise Terminal
Atlantic Hotel Kiel
Address: Raiffeisenstraße 2, 24103 Kiel, Germany
Phone: +49 431 374990
1.1 miles from Cruise Terminal
- Visit the Laboe Naval Memorial dedicated to the fallen during World War I and II. Head up to the top for great panoramic views of the city and the water. Then, go explore the German U-boat down below that has been decommissioned and turned into a technical museum.
- Head down to Kiellinie, the 2.2 mile waterfront promenade where tourists and locals alike can stroll, bike, and skate and enjoy the fresh air. Relax and watch the sailboats pass by and the giant cruise ships come in and maybe get a small snack at one of the cafes to people watch. Don’t miss out on sampling kieler sprotte, the local smoked fish specialty.
- Everyone will love the Kiel Maritime Museum that illustrate the city’s ties to the sea and its history. Set in the old Gothic Revival fish auction house, kids will love the exhibits of fishing boats, historical nautical tools, and model ships. At the end, visit the old dock next door to view some of the old historical vessels.
- Don’t miss out on the Kiel Zoological Museum, one of the oldest natural history museums. The museum is home to very unique collection dating back to the 17th century. The whole family will love the huge blue and sperm whale skeletons hanging from the ceiling along with other marine collections.
Kieler SV Holstein
Holstein-Stadion: Westring 501, 24106 Kiel, Germany