Things to Do
- Gamla Stan- Painstakingly preserved, this literally means “Old Town” and is one of the largest collections of 16th century houses in Europe. Wander through the enchanting medieval streets and see the vividly painted houses that you would more regularly find in the Mediterranean.
- SoFo/Nytorget- South of Folkungagatan, travelers can fund unique coffee shops, vintage shops, and a kitsch flair everywhere. It’s also a haven for artists and designers. Don’t miss the Nytorget Urban Deli- a giant supermarket, deli, bistro, bar, and bakery complex all in one.
Address: Södra KAJEN 37, 115 41 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 517 386 00
0.9 miles from Cruise Terminal
Clarion Collection Hotel Tapto
Address: Jungfrugatan 57, 115 31 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 664 50 00
2.1 miles from Cruise Terminal
- Visit the Kungliga Slottet (Royal Palace) in Gamla Stan. It is one of the Europe’s largest castles and the official residence of the king. Built in the 13th century, it has over 600 rooms and 11 floors. This is also the home of a number of attractions like the Treasury of the National Government, the medieval history Tre Kronor Museum, the Representation floors, Gustav III's antique museum and castle church.
- Oldest of its kind, take a tour of the Skansen Open-Air Museum. It is the country in miniature, with houses and farmsteads from all over Sweden. It is also a zoo with native animals. Walk through time on a historical route to see old 18th century mansions, farms, and more while meeting those dressed in period costume.
- Head to the contemporary modern art museum, Moderna Museet. Here visitors can download the audio guide for a tour through the museum with the whole family. Specially designed for kids, it takes them through the story of different pieces of art as they walk through. There are also kids activities as they tour, with puzzles, fun tasks and more.
- Do not miss the Vasa Museet. Built to house the salvaged 17th century ship in its entirety, the museum tells the story of the ship and those who built it. Kids can engage in digital and hands on learning activities and they will love the models and interactive exhibits.
Nationalarenan: Råsta Strandväg 1, 169 79 Solna, Sweden
Djurgårdens IF Ishockeyförening
Hovet (Arena): Johanneshov, 121 77 Johanneshov, Sweden