Things to Do
- Ciudad Colonial - Explore the museums, small shops, and the very first churches and establishments of the Americas in this part of town.
- Boca Chica -This place is known for Boca Chica Beach. With street food, beach bars, and shallow waters this the perfect family friendly place. Boca Chica is also known for its impressive scuba diving locations.
Hodelpa Nicolás de Ovando
Address: Cuidad Colonial, Calle Las Damas, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic
.7 miles from Cruise Terminal
Hodelpa Caribe Colonial
Address: Isabel La Católica 159, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic
Phone: +1 809-688-7799
1 mile from Cruise Terminal
- The Three Eyes National Park is in East Santo Domingo, it's made up of 3 underground freshwater lagoons and 1 outside. If you take a tour by boat to see the interconnected pools, you could also see drawings made by native Taino people.
- Catedral Primada De America, the oldest standing church in the Western hemisphere. Multiple architects worked on the construction of the church so it has Gothic, Baroque, and Romanesque aspects.
- Shop with the locals and buy authentic souvenirs from Mercado Modelo.
- The Amber World Museum holds a diverse collection plants, insects, and even small vertebrates encapsulated in amber stones.
- Tour the Colonial side of the city and learn the history of all the monuments in 45 minutes aboard a little old style train, the Chu Chu Colonial.
- The National Botanical Garden was placed to study the native flora of the Dominican Republic, it contains a floral clock, a Japanese Garden, and an Herbalist exhibit.
Many professional athletes originate from Dominican Republic mainly in baseball.