Star Clippers Cruises
Guaranteed Lowest Prices on Star Clippers Cruises
On Star Clippers, you will find that there are no rigid schedules. You are free to do as you wish with your days – and evenings. To entertain, Star Clippers brings local performers on board to give passengers an authentic taste of the local music and arts.
Star Clippers Cruises Promotions
For our best price on this cruise please call now 1-800-627-3753
Learn More About Star Clippers Cruises
Star Clippers Cruise Line is the only modern cruise that recreates the golden age of the tall sailing boats and provides passengers with king size sailboat experience. This company had started its service early in 1990s as different and tallest ship. It is 226 feet tall and maximum speed of sailing boat is 17 knots. It offers passengers with different activities, amenities and atmosphere. It is known as a one of the best and top ranking cruise line. As it is different, stylized and has good cuisine with friendly environment and good crew. This company offers climbing yard to enjoy beautiful view from top or the most adventurous and pleasing part to relax in the net of a bow where you can have a unique experience. They work with new innovations in every cruise line to make it different and have some other experiences too. Star Clipper is reflecting its heritage in every inch of the polished brass, shimmery bright work that graces her decks and superstructure. They welcome their passengers by luxurious way and by loving gestures. As Star Clipper Cruise Line is known for its friendly and pleasing environment and staff members really work to meet your needs and make you feel comfortable.
- For the last 29 years, Star Clippers has been sailing its unique 19th century classic clipper ships. While providing its passengers a taste of traveling in both a luxury modern cruise and an authentic centuries old Queen of the seas vessel.
- It's not just a single classic clipper ship that they have in their fleet but they operate around three such vessels and full rigged sailing ships. They are also one of the largest sailing ships in their category.
- The three ships that are operated by Star Clipper Cruises are called Star Clipper, Star Flyer and Royal Clipper. Star Clipper and Star Flyer have been sailing for more than a hundred years now. While on the other hand Royal Clipper, which is older than the former two ships was acquired by Star Clipper Cruises in 2000. As of now, there is no other true sailing ship larger than Royal Clipper in the World.
- This idea that was brought forward by Mikael Krafft, a Swedish entrepreneur, has been very well received. It provides an opportunity to those travelers who want to travel in an elegant ship with the service of yacht and a cost of a cruise ship.
- The ship offers a lot of amenities that you will get on a regular yacht. These amenities include open-seating restaurants, music lounges, libraries and other activities to keep you entertained. Their amenities may be less than a large cruise ship but they are definitely offered in an atmosphere that regular cruise ship cannot even come close to.
- They have a lot of activities on board for their guests which might only be exclusive to the passengers of Star Clippers Cruises. These activities include opening the sails. Climbing the masts or trying to steer a sailing vessel with the elegant steering wheel.
- Their ships do not only look cool and classic from the outside but they also have the same characteristics on the inside. The interior of the ships is really beautiful and you can feel the history and heritage that is incorporated in these ships that are more than a hundred years old.
- They offer cuisine which is very different from others ships. There is a buffet in the breakfast which really makes sure that there are no desires of their guests that are left unfulfilled. There is a vast menu for dinner and you can eat anything from their exquisite menu which is complimented with great quality wines.
- These cruises offer very dynamic itineraries and they take you many different destinations. With Star Clippers you can either go to your cultural expeditions into the cities of Europe or you can go to the islands of Caribbean to have a more naturally awe inspiring trip.
- Age Policy
- Dining Information
- Fuel Surcharge Policy
- Payments / Refunds
- Smoking Policy
- Travel Protection
- Tipping Policy
- Why Star Clippers?
Top Reasons To Choose Star Clippers Cruises
- Apart from other mainstream cruise lines Star Clippers is unique and different as it has tall ships for a new generation of passengers. The fleet consists of 3 ships which sail in the Mediterranean, Caribbean and Asia. Star Clipper is more authentic sailing voyage and less mega resort on water.
- Star Clippers ships are the reverse of today's mega ships which have water parks, Broadway style shows, famous chef restaurants, casino for entertainment as they are large sailing boats but Star Clippers are small sailing boats where you can have so much for entertainment and there you will not feel lost.
- Star Clippers have so many thrillers as it has no artificial attraction. There are a lot of awe inspiring sights that includes wind filling the towering cream sails with combined area of 56,000 square feet on Royal Clipper and 36,000 square feet on the sibling ships. They can even use engine power too if there is not enough wind.
- Star Clippers follow new fashion trends and designed their ships according to new trends and they provide you characters and atmosphere according to that as other cruises are designed with contemporary arts. They follow nostalgic nautical theme artwork in their cozy cabin, furniture and throughout the ship.
- Star Clippers have a very friendly environment; people enjoy the atmosphere where there is love and affection. They have an event every week where there is a light hearted talent show and passengers join and enjoy that show. Team members of Star Clippers are very helpful and favorable and they easily mingle with passengers. In the evening off time duty team members will join passengers in the Tropical Bar and have dance together.
- This company is filled with amazing yet genuine shipmates who are always ready to have pleasure, and socialize. Star Clippers cruise attracts a really mixed crowd including multigenerational families, adults and teenagers. Newlywed couples come here for their honeymoon attracted by the romance of sailing on a tall ship. Travelers who cruise are likely to be Europeans, North American, Australians, etc with other nationalities. But they all share common sense of adventure and pleasure.
- Star Clippers cruises has daily cocktail hour at the alfresco tropical bar, which is a cheerful affair. They have amazing artists who play catchy instruments so that travelers enjoy and dance on deck. This is the best moment for travelers over there as they socialize with each other, make friends and have the best vacations to make memories.
- This cruise company provides you onboard activities that are themed on nautical traditions. Team members of Star Clippers organize workshops that include chart reading, know tying and question answer session in the library. They have a lot more exciting and pleasing for travelers to climb 65 feet up the mast to the crow's nest, at night there is talent show, crab races, tongue in cheek fashion show and team trivia.
- Star Clippers cruise has arranged diving for certified divers at additional cost. There are water sports platform at the stern, Travelers can swims if the weather conditions are fine and borrow snorkeling equipment without any charges. Sailing boats carry kayaks, sailing dinghies, water skis and windsurfing boards.
Frequently Asked Questions About Star Clippers Cruises
- What kind of trips can I take with you?
Star Clippers offers you many different trips that you can take around the year. They have got several trips to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Panama Canal and South East Asia. These trips with Star Clippers are usually 7 days long but you can have longer trips as well. All of their 3 ships offer similar trips and if you are particular about any one of their ships then you can choose that for your voyage.
- How much would a tour cost?
Most of the itineraries that are offered by Star Clippers are pretty much similar which is why there is not too much variation in the prices of these trips. Although the trip cost may vary according to the season in which you are travelling to that particular destination. The prices may also vary with room type that you select. Most of the ships in the fleet of Star Clippers have around 5 to 6 types of rooms and their segregation is on the luxury level of each type of room. The cost of a 7 day trip to the Caribbean in the winters for the standard room is almost $2,200. This price will increase if you change the room type to a more luxurious level.
- Can I take my family with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
Star Clippers can allow you to take the guide with yourself but only in the case if you have a separate paid excursion included in the package that grants you access to a private guide that is going to be with your family only. There is multiple excursions that limit the people in the group to 6 to 8. If you purchase that excursion and add it to your trip then you might be able to have a guide reserved only for your family.
- Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
Yes, there are a number of travel agents that work with Star Clippers. They are there to help you plan your trip according to your desires. Most of the people do not go on cruises very often and they should really consider on making this trip a memorable one for themselves. It is only possible if you let the agent know of your expectations and see if the trip can turn out as you are expecting from it.
- Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
Yes, they have a general helpline that you can call at any time you want for your queries. They also have an email address where you can send your detailed queries and they will respond to you with an answer to your quires. If you are more comfortable in going to the office and physically meeting the staff to get your concerns addressed then they have offices all around the world including France, UK, Australia, Italy, Germany and the Head Office in Monaco. The contact numbers of these offices are also available on their website.
- What do the guides do for you?
They take a lot of trips to the regions around Mediterranean that are full of culture and rich with history and heritage. The vast history of these regions can only be explained by an expert guide who is local to the land and Star Clippers provide you that. These tour guides help you understand the evolution of these lands and how the people are still preserving their hundreds of year's old traditions. The cuisine around this region is also very famous and you surely need a local guide to help you choose the best meal in those 1 or 2 days that you will be staying there.
- Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
Their team of employees is specialist in what they do and the incidents of mishaps by their staff are very uncommon. They have experts in each place and the staff's performance is monitored constantly. If you ever travel with this company you will realize that their staff is very courteous and they try their best to please their guests.
- What type of way can you travel when you are traveling through Star Clippers Cruises?
There are two most common ways of traveling with Star Clippers as of now. The first way to travel with them is via the regular cruise that goes to different regions of Caribbean and Mediterranean. The second common way of travelling with this company is by going on a themed cruise that is offered for a very limited time. These themed cruises may included Christmas themed cruise, Celebrity Chef themed cruise and Culture themed cruises.
- Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
The itineraries are customized by some very talented and very experienced crew members of Star Clippers with the help of industry specialists. The itineraries are customized after taking into consideration a lot of different factors like the weather forecast for the time of the trip and political conditions of the destinations.
- Where do you stay while you are at the destinations?
You can choose your own land excursions and the places of your stay will vary according to that so for instance if your port is a different city than your city of the stay because of the land excursion that you have added to the itinerary than your stay will vary accordingly.
- Is there a single supplement that can be used for travelers who are solo?
Yes, there is a single supplement fee for solo travelers who are cruising with Star Clippers. The nominal single supplement as of now is 150% but if you keep on looking for cruises from time to time there is a little chance that you may find a cruise with a discounted supplement fee.
- On average, what is the group size like?
The group sizes are different for each cruise. If your cruise has a lot of passengers than the group size will also be bigger and at the same time if the number of available tour guides is lower than usual, even then the group size may be bigger. But the group you are traveling with will vary from destination to destination, at some place it may be big and at the other it may be small.
Minimum Age Policy on Star Clippers Cruises
Children are welcome on Star Clippers. While there is no structured program providing supervision and care for young children, they are invited to participate in shipboard activities suited to their ability. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Travel Protection Options on Star Clippers Cruises
Star Clippers Cruise Insurance Plan through Travel Guard® covers you and your investment before and during your trip. Travel Guard® is optional, plan cost must be paid no later than final trip payment and prior to departing on trip. Rates are per person and based on total trip cost.
* Tour Cost, Trip Cancellation & Interruption: Trip Cancellation and Interruption pays for forfeited, non-refundable, unused payments or deposits if due to: Unforeseen sickness, injury, or death of the Insured, a Traveling Companion, Family Member, or Business Partner. (Certain exclusions apply.); Inclement weather conditions causing delay or cancellation of travel; The Insured’s primary residence being made uninhabitable by natural disaster, vandalism, or burglary; The Insured or Traveling Companion being subpoenaed, required to serve on jury duty, hijacked, or quarantined; the Insured or Traveling Companion is involved in or delayed due to an automobile accident ,substantiated by a police report, while en route to the Insured's destination.
* $1,000 Trip Delay: Reimburses up to $100 a day for reasonable additional expenses if delayed for 12 hours or more due to: Carrier delay such as mechanical difficulties; Lost passport, money, or travel documents; Natural disaster; Injury or sickness of the Insured or Traveling Companion. * $1,000 Baggage & Personal Effects: Reimburses for loss, theft or damage of baggage and personal effects. * $25,000 Medical Expense: Pays for physician, hospital, ambulance services, and prosthetic devices. Initial treatment must be received during trip. Will pay for covered expenses for up to one year from date of injury/sickness up to the Maximum Limit of Coverage. * $50,000 Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains: Pays for evacuation to nearest adequate medical facility as directed by the attending Physician.- Assistance Services 24 hour emergency medical and travel assistance... all just a phone call away. Call 1-866-385- 4839. Please refer to plan # 002201 P1 8/08. This plan is non-refundable.
Dining on Star Clippers Cruises
Star Clippers' inspired chefs make dining aboard a delightful culinary adventure with an international menu of foods from the far corners of the earth. When you rise, help yourself to a continental breakfast with Parisian croissants, toasted English muffins or sweet Danish pastries, or savor a full breakfast with fresh tropical fruits and crisp bacon, grilled sausage, smoked salmon and omelets cooked to order in the dining room. When evening comes, Star Clippers' elegantly appointed dining room becomes the setting for the chef's finest culinary presentations, designed to please the eye and the palate, complimented by a selection of equally fine wines. You'll find Star Clippers' service to be friendly and gracious, as befits a tasteful restaurant. Of course, Star Clippers' would not presume to dictate your seating preferences. At lunch, a marvelous buffet of seafood, salads and grilled favorites awaits your pleasure. If the day includes a stop at one of the paradisaical islands Star Clippers' frequent, you might also be treated to a succulent outdoor barbecue on shore. On all three ships, you are free to dine when and with whomever you wish, including Star Clippers' officers, who join Star Clippers' guests in the dining room most nights.
Fuel Surcharge Policy on Star Clippers Cruises
No fuel surcharge is in effect at the time of printing this brochure. Star Clippers reserves the right to impose a fuel surcharge, without prior notice, on all guests if the price of Light Sweet Crude Oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) exceeds USD $65 per barrel of oil. The fuel surcharge for guests should not be more than $10 per guest per day. Star Clippers may collect any fuel surcharge in effect at the time of sailing, even if the cruise fare has been paid in full. No right of cancellation exists under any circumstance due to the charging of fuel surcharges.
Tipping Policy on Star Clippers Cruises
Gratuities on board the ship are not included in "Just Cruising Rates" and are at the sole discretion of each guest based on the level of services performed. However, we are often asked by our guests for guidance regarding gratuities, and we suggest gratuities of 8 euros per guest per day.
Payments / Refunds on on Star Clippers Cruises
Just Cruising Fares
All fares are quoted in US dollars and are per person based on double occupancy. Fares include: shipboard accommodations, ocean transportation, ship’s watersports program (except SCUBA diving), all meals and onboard entertainment. Fares do not include: port charges, fuel surcharge, baggage handling, travel insurance, transfers, optional air/sea or land programs (unless noted), shore excursions, airport facility charges, taxes/fees, nor do they include items of a personal nature such as alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, gratuities, gift shop purchases, medical services, phone calls, etc. All onboard charges are in euros. Just cruising fares in this brochure apply to residents of the United States, Canada and Latin America only.
Port Charges and Airport Taxes
Port charges are in addition to the cruise fares and payment must be made at the time the final payment is due. Airport taxes, including any fuel or facility surcharges, and airport departure taxes are the responsibility of the passenger.
Guarantee of Fares
Passengers with confirmed bookings under deposit or who have made final payment, shall be protected in the event of a price increase. However, excluding the above, Star Clippers Americas reserves the right to increase all prices appearing in this brochure without prior notice, including port charges, fuel surcharge, airport facility charges, insurance and taxes/fees. These charges are implemented by various governments and as such are subject to change without notice and any increase must be paid by the passenger. Information contained in this brochure supersedes all prior brochures.
Single Supplement Rates
A single supplement fare is available at 150% of the published cruise fare for categories 2-6 selected in the season in which the passengers are travelling. It is available at 200% for Category 1 cabins, Deluxe Suites and the Owner’s Cabin or Owner’s Suites. As a single supplement, the passenger may choose the cabin and category at the time of booking. Holiday surcharges apply. Single space is capacity controlled.
A guaranteed single fare is available at a specific rate depending on the season of travel and length of sailing. Passengers traveling as guaranteed singles may not choose their cabin. A cabin will be assigned within 2 weeks of the date of cruise departure. This fare is capacity controlled and may not always be available. Other promotions are not combinable with this fare.
Deposit and Payment
To secure your reservation, a deposit of $400 per person is required within 7 days of booking. This option period is less within 90 days of departure. Final payment is required 75 days prior to departure. All payments may be made by either check, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. All final payments by credit card require the signature of the credit cardholder. Only cashier’s check or credit card is accepted on bookings made within two weeks of sailing. Please make checks payable to Star Clippers Americas. All reservations are subject to cancellation if payments are not received by the due date. Group policies may differ.
Certain changes made to a reservation within 60 days of departure will result in a fee of $50 per person. In addition, any costs incurred for changes in land and/or air arrangements will be the responsibility of the passenger. Upgrade requests made prior to boarding the ship will not be assessed the change fees, only the balance of the full cruise tariff for the category selected for the upgrade. This does not apply to changes in sailing date if penalties have already been incurred. Sailing dates cannot be changed within the penalty period.
Cancellations and Refunds
For full refund of cruise fare, notice of cancellation must be in writing and received by Star Clippers Americas no later than one-hundred twenty (120) days prior to sailing. If a cancellation occurs, the following charges will be assessed: 119-75 days prior to departure = $400 per person 74-60 days prior to departure = 50% of cruise fare 59-30 days prior to departure = 75% of cruise fare 29 days or less prior to departure = No refund Refunds will normally be made to the booking party. Cruise and air tickets must be returned prior to any refunds being processed. Star Clippers Americas can only be responsible for refunding amounts actually received. If cancellation fees are charged by air carriers, pre/post hotels or suppliers, they will be deducted from any refund made. No refunds will be made to passengers who do not board the ship or passengers who cancel after the start of the cruise. Star Clippers' recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
Smoking Policy on Star Clippers Cruises
A smoking tolerated section is situated in part of the piano bar lounge. The cabins, dining room and all other enclosed public areas are strictly non-smoking.
We have traveled three times with the Star Clipper line over the years, and love their beautiful sailing ships and the international staff and clientele, the good food, reasonably priced drinks and quiet atmosphere. Every evening is a thrill when the huge sails go up to take us to our next destination. The ships can be physically challenging for those of us getting older, since there are no elevators between decks. Infirm travelers should be forewarned that often the ship does not dock at ports of call, but instead anchors in the harbor, so going shore requires descending a steep staircase down the side of the ship, and then stepping onto a tender that is sometimes bouncing against fenders against the ship. The staff is extremely helpful with this procedure and we saw many older people braving the process with success, but it can be daunting and we had a few bumps and scrapes. We will definitely sail with Star Clippers again, but not when we reach our eighties!
The trip was excelent.most of the people were very frendly.i recomended strongly this company
Excellent service and support from Boris at Affordable. After talking to other passengers we had the best deal on the ship!
Wonderful staff. The open seating made it easy to meet people. Hopefully made some new friends.
We were assigned a TERRIBLE cabin! It was right over the ships engine and it was so noisy that even the bed vibrated. After one night and an awful headache we asked to change cabins. Luckily the ship was not full and we could change to a different cabin at the same level. It was at the front of the ship and very quiet. What a relief! But if this cabin was vacant why did we get put in what must be one of the very worst cabins on the ship?