5% off any Mayflower tour - Guaranteed
Mayflower Tours offers deluxe escorted journeys throughout the United States, Mexico, Canada and various parts of the World. The company offers tours to exciting destinations like Paris, London, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Scandinavia, Egypt, Australia and New Zealand. They also offer a variety of River cruises in Europe as well as Cruises in the Mediterranean. Value-added traveling at affordable prices is Mayflower's specialty. Tours are designed for clients looking for the fullest travel experience at a great price value. Since its inception, Mayflower's pricing niche has been in the mid-range price category.
Mayflower Tours Promotions
Save 5% Off Any Mayflower Tour - Guaranteed!
- Save $200 per couple on Alaska VacationsMention Promo Code: PT8982
Learn More About Mayflower Tours
Mayflower Cruises, and Tours, which began operations in 1979, is located is Lisle, Illinois. The mission of the company, which is part of Scenic Tours, is to provide its customers with life-enriching travel experiences. The company fulfills this goal by providing cruises and tours in the U.S. and worldwide locales, such as Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Central and South America, Europe and Canada. The company features 4 main types of tour services - North America Air Holidays, River Cruising and Small Ship Adventures, World Holidays, and Holidays by Motor Coach. When you book travel with Mayflower Cruises and Tours, you will find that each all-inclusive trip provides a good value with respect to services and amenities. Travelers receive all their meals, air transfers (when the airfare is provided by Mayflower), and a local English-speaking guide in their travel package. If a guest has booked land and cruise travel, both types of vacations are included in the travel cost too. On some vacations, you can enjoy a home-hosted evening meal with a local family. Should you choose to take a river cruise, the meals are also included onboard ship. In addition, onboard cruise entertainment and gratuities are added in the trip's price.
- Mayflower Cruises & Tours, LLC, is located in Lisle, Illinois. It is a division of the Scenic Group.
- In 2019, Mayflower celebrated 40 years in the tour business.
- The mission of Mayflower Cruises and Tours is to create Life Enriching experiences by giving customers a trip of a lifetime, regardless of the travel destination.
- Since 1979, Mayflower has featured individual and group-guided cruise and tour vacations in the U.S. and globally.
- Mayflower tours are made for travelers who want an optimum travel experience at a great value.
- Travelers who book trips with Mayflower can choose from 100 itineraries covering six continents.
- The company uses various trip styles to organize its tour selections. These styles include National Park adventures, seasonal excursions, domestic and international guided vacations, special event departures, and river cruises. Therefore, trip-goers often find Mayflower only travel source they need to schedule and book a dream vacation.
- In 2018, Mayflower became a part of the Scenic Group. At that time, the partnership also opened up a variety of river and ocean cruise travel opportunities that Mayflower could offer. This came about because of Mayflower's alliance with Scenic and its sister brand, Emerald Waterways
- On guided excursions, local historians impart their knowledge to travelers – knowledge that you might miss if you travel on your own.
- Mayflower features trips to Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Central America, South America, Europe, and North America.
- The company encourages solo traveling, as the operator provides a twin share plan for each person traveling by themselves. If a solo traveler cannot be matched with another single, same-sex traveler, he or she can have a twin room to themselves. Doing so keeps the single traveler's trip costs down. Traveling in a small group with Mayflower is both economical and safe.
Top Reasons To Choose Mayflower Tours
- Visitors receive the best value for an escorted trip – a trip that includes top travel accommodations, sightseeing opportunities, meals, and careful handling of luggage and bags.
- The company is well-experienced in providing life-enriching travel excursions.
- Mayflower sales specialists handle group tours to execute a travel plan that will attend to all of a customer's travel likes and preferences.
- Tour specialists work to ensure the best outcome during a tour or cruise adventure.
- The company boasts a repeat traveler rate of over 70% annually – a good sign that you are booking travel with the right trip provider.
- The company's featured 100 itineraries ensure travelers that they can book one of a large variety of interesting trips featured around the world.
- The variety of travel styles offered by Mayflower makes it possible for everyone to find something that meets their travel requirements, and likes and preferences.
- Each trip is carefully refined and planned to ensure that customers love their travel experience, whether they are traveling with a customized tour or are part of a featured tour online.
- Knowledgeable Mayflower tour managers are both meticulous and professional in handling trip details so customers can enjoy a rewarding and valuable travel experience.
- Professional travel planners at Mayflower design tours that range in length from a few days to almost 30 days long. Therefore, travelers can always choose a tour that will support their trip availability.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mayflower Tours
- What phone number should I contact to book a trip or inquire about tours?
Please call AffordableTours.com at 1-800-935-2620 to learn more about booking a trip with Mayflower Cruises and Tours.
- What does the tour manager do on Mayflower trips?
Tour managers who handle Mayflower Cruises &Tours have the skills and knowledge to ensure travelers have a pleasant trip. The managers oversee the handling of luggage, manage the check-ins and check-outs at hotels, and brief guests on timetables and daily events. They also assist with travel logistics and suggest local restaurants or ideas for free time. Tour managers make sure they do everything possible to accommodate travelers so they feel comfortable while traveling.
- What types of luggage can I carry?
Mayflower allows a normal-sized luggage bag and a small carry-on for traveling. While Mayflower will take care of the luggage, the customer is responsible for carrying his or her carry-on bag. It is the responsibility of the tour manager or bell-person to make sure that the luggage is delivered to each traveler's room. On travel days, the travel manager will inform guests when to have their luggage ready for pick-up by the bell-person in the hotel. If a guest is traveling by motorcoach, he or she must travel with a carry-on, as the wheels on some pieces of luggage will not fit into the vehicle's overhead compartment. Guests who need to carry medication should always place the medicine in their carry-on bag.
- What Mayflower travel documents do I need to carry?
Travel documents should be in each traveler's possession about 14 days before departure. This paperwork includes the tour itinerary, departure and arrival times and details, hotel information, clothing and packing recommendations, luggage tags, and helpful travel tips.
- What out-of-pocket charges does the traveler assume while staying at a hotel?
When staying at a hotel, guests incur expenses related to phone calls, cable TV movie charges, room service, in-room bar, and laundry. Guests should pay these costs at night or early in the morning before departure.
- What should I do if I need assistance exiting or entering the motor coach?
Mayflower Cruises & Tours requires that people needing assistance with accessing a motorcoach travel with a companion who can help them. Tour managers or coach drivers cannot help travelers into or out of motor coaches. Travelers booking travel should be in reasonably good physical condition to walk or climb steps or small inclines. This extends to entering or leaving a motor coach as well.
- What are some of the travel styles offered by Mayflower Cruises and Tours?
Popular travel styles and themes for tours include autumn foliage trips, river cruising, holidays and special events, National Parks, natural expeditions, scenic rail travel, small ship activities, and holidays by motor coach.
- Can I use my smartphone on the bus?
Mayflower Cruises and Tours asks that tourists refrain from using their cell phone when traveling on the bus.
- What is the smoking policy?
Mayflower does not permit smoking on motor coach vehicles.
- Why are Mayflower motor coaches different?
The motor coaches featured by Mayflower boast extra-wide windows that prevent outside glare and provide cushioned and reclining seats for increased comfort while traveling.
- How are travelers seated on motor coaches?
Mayflower observes a seat rotation program so each passenger on a motor coach can see the passing sights from different views. No seats are reserved except the seat located behind the driver. This seat is reserved for the Tour Manager. People should not get out of their seats when the bus is moving. If a passenger must get out of his or her seat, they should do so carefully and hold onto the seatbacks inside the bus.
- Can I receive free pick-up from my home?
For passengers who live in the Chicagoland area or in the sun coast area of Florida, free home pick-up is available at passengers' homes. Anyone who lives in Chicagoland, Wisconsin, Northwest Indiana, and Southeast Michigan can take advantage of this service. People in the Tampa and St. Petersburg area can also ask about the free pickup from home service for touring.
- What do U.S. citizens need to carry to show proof of citizenship in Canada or Mexico?
U.S. travelers visiting Canada or Mexico should carry a valid transport when traveling across the border. While a passport is highly recommended, passengers can also carry a photo I.D. with a certified copy of a birth certificate. The birth certificate should display a raised seal.
- What makes Mayflower Cruises and Tours different?
Mayflower Cruises and Tours is proud of its record of repeat travelers, or people who choose to go on another Mayflower tour after they have booked travel and taken a trip. Just over 70% of travelers who take a trip with Mayflower return to take another vacation. Mayflower Cruises and Tours also offers a variety of trip themes and makes it easy to book a solo vacation, customized group tour, featured holiday trip, or river cruise. You can make the tour operator yout go-to source for any of your vacation planning needs.
Health and Safety Protocols on Mayflower Tours
For over 40 years, Mayflower Cruises & Tours has been committed to the safety, health, and well-being of our travelers. While things have changed in our world, our commitment to our travelers remains as solid as ever.
To ensure your health, safety and peace-of-mind while traveling with us, we have established a “Travel with Confidence” program, with enhanced safety measures and procedures throughout our tours, from start to finish.
The following three areas address our commitment to exceed industry and CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) standards, providing a safe and clean environment for all.
We are implementing new tour check-in procedures and pre-trip health screenings to ensure travelers a safe start to their tour. Travelers will be asked to sign off on a few basic Covid-19 related health questions before joining the tour. We will conduct touchless temperature checks for both travelers and staff at the start of the tour, as well as monitoring throughout the tour.
Responsible Social Distancing
We will endeavor to practice safe distancing for our guests throughout the journey, on coaches and during excursions. Travelers are encouraged to bring their own washable face masks; however additional face masks and hand sanitizer will be made available. Masks will be used by travelers and staff alike at any time where social proximity could be an issue. We will also reduce group sizes to abide by social distancing guidelines. And wireless listening technology for many of our tours will help enable safe distances between travelers on excursions.
Commitment to Clean
As a part of our commitment to clean, we are requiring enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures from our hotel partners and motor coach companies. Additionally, we are reassured with the knowledge that our airline partners are taking very stringent measures for passenger safety.
Tour Directors will be trained in new and enhanced hygiene procedures and they will be in constant contact with Mayflower’s Operations support team for added reassurance. The disinfecting and hand sanitizing procedures that we and our travel partners are implementing meet or exceed those recommended by the CDC.
In order to maintain cleanliness during the tour, we are minimizing the amount of contact points for our travelers by revising the ways meals, coach seating, hotel check-in and other activities are carried out. We will also have hand sanitizer available throughout the tour.
We Look Forward to Welcoming You Back Soon
We have always been committed to the health and safety of our travelers and team members, but we are raising the bar to an even higher level to ensure they are able to continue to enjoy the freedom to experience the wonder and joy of travel.
Mayflower will continue to review and update our safety protocols, following the standards set forth by travel and health agencies across the globe, including the European Centre for Disease Prevention (ECDC), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) and United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA).
Our Tour Manager, Jolie, was outstanding. We were totally impressed with her professionalism, courtesy, empathy, and kindness. She is also informative and a lot of fun. She treated all of us with dignity and warmth. She kept us informed about departure times, meal times,and opportunities for self-touring. We appreciated her cheerful and fun-loving attitude. Our bus driver, Mike was terrific. Great driver, very professional, and personable. He went out of his way to transport us to different destinations and provided great service. The pick up service drivers, Steve and Ken were on-time, courteous and friendly.
First time with Mayflower Tours, it was great. We will travel with them again. The tour guide added optional attractions not listed on the tour itenerary which was a plus to us. Affordable Tours agent, Brendan, was great to deal with too. All and all a good experience.
This trip was amazing. It was exciting, interesting, and I appreciated the free time and flexibility to explore on my own. Elisabetta was an excellent tour specialist. I would travel with her again.
Great trip--lots to see and do.