Tauck River Cruises
Tauck's river cruises take you to treasured cities and towns along Europe's fabled inland waterways in legendary Tauck Style. Tauck's river cruises offer the opportunity to see stunning art and architecture, visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites, explore culturally rich cities, and view landscapes splashed with a rainbow of colors as you wind your way along the continent's great inland waterways. Travel + Leisure magazine announced in 2011 that Tauck has been named the "World's Best River Cruise Line".
Return to Ocean Cruising Coming Soon
Whether you love to cruise the high seas or want to take another type of ship-sailing adventure, you can set your sights toward cruising in the near-distant future, or in 2022 or 2023. A current news release (April 2021) announced the next phase, issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), of…
Review: The Rhine, Swiss Alps And Amsterdam With Tauck
Experience medieval winetowns, cathedrals, castles, museums, and river landscapes on The Rhine, Swiss Alps and Amsterdam with Tauck.
Review: Rendezvous On The Seine With Tauck River Cruise
By: John Scott, Senior Travel Consultant I was fortunate enough to partake in Rendezvous On The Seine With Tauck River Cruise. It was an experience that I will never forget. It started with three nights in Paris, at the Hotel Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, and as the name might indicate, it is next to the Eiffel…
Call for Best Value and Service
- Take Off With Tauck Air SpecialMention Promo Code: PR1329
Learn More About Tauck River Cruises
Tauck was founded in the year 1925 by Arthur Tauck Sr. in the Connecticut state of the US. It is still owned by the same Tauck family. The heritage that is connected with this tour company has made it a name of trust and credibility. This tour company is known to have served generations of tourists and it is still proud to continue that legacy. This river cruise tour operator commits to never compromise on the standards for quality and to deliver an outstanding service for you to have a best vacation time. The major factor for this company's steadfast growth to this stage is credited to the referrals and word of mouth by its esteemed guests and what better way to showcase your services than by displaying customer's gratitude due to the extraordinary delivery of its commitments. They have always prioritized in giving the guests an opportunity to explore the cultures like they have never done before. Because of Tauck's long history it claims to have built a relationship with the locals of the destination, that is so strong that Tauck's guests have a great chance to dive deep into the traditions of every land that their cruise takes them to.
- Tauck River Cruises is a family-owned business which is one of the oldest tour operators in the market with more than 95 years of experience in the tourism industry.
- This company offers a unique family-only sailing option under the umbrella name of Tauck Bridges. This company was also the first one to introduce this concept in the cruising market.
- This family-owned tour company has been very successful throughout these years in providing tourism services. They offer more than 100 journeys on land, ocean and rivers and their trips include more than 70 countries for you to take a tour of.
- In 1925 Arthur Tauck Sr. opened this company when he took six guests on a tour without the intention of converting it into a full time business but soon after the popularity Arthur decided to open a full-fledged tourism company.
- This company was the first one of the tour operators to be awarded a Federal Tour Broker's License by United States Government in the year 1935.
- The company expanded in the year in the year 1958 when Arthur Tauck Jr. succeeded his father and took over the company to new heights by adding multiple domestic destinations for tours and later on adding a number of International destinations in to the company's tour portfolio.
- Arthur Tauck Jr. is a very legendary name in the tourism industry all over the world and especially in the United States. He holds many records for being the first one to bring several innovations in the tourism industry, like a motor-coach tour combined with air travel and introducing heli-hiking in the Canadian Rockies.
- Tauck tourisms has come a long way over all these years and as of today they are offering more than 140 journeys which are all-inclusive, which means you only have to pay once and mostly everything on the tour will be inclusive in that one package price.
- The best thing about Tauck is that it is still owned by the same Tauck family of the Connecticut and they are always giving their best to keep up with the legacy of their forefathers who made this company from scratch.
- Tauck has the honor of being a partner of BBC Earth which has broadcasted a lot of internationally acclaimed TV shows regarding nature and exploration of Earth's beautiful landscapes.
- This tour operator has won numerous awards over its journey that is close to an entire century and these awards do nothing but increase the credibility and trust of the people for this company.
- The staff of this company is very high rated as compared to that of its competitors and that has made this company stand up to its name. People from all around the world who take a tour by this operator appreciate the friendly and considerate staff of Tauck Cruises.
- The land tours that you take while on your destinations during the cruising are always with a well informed multilingual tour guide. That guide helps you at every step of your tour and you never feel the need of asking anything about the place because the guides are so good at what they do.
Top Reasons To Choose Tauck River Cruises
- They have a lot of experience in the tourism sector and which is the reason why they can be easily be trusted when choosing between other more recent tour operators.
- Tauck has been named as one of the best tour operators by many well known organisations that judge different tour operators on the basis of services that they provide and the customer satisfaction ratio. These international organisations include but are not limited to Travel + Leisure and TravAlliance Media etc.
- This tour operator offers perfect opportunities to travellers who like to travel with groups of people that are like-minded. Tauck always makes you connect with a lot of people that have the same nature as yours and you will be able to make many new friends while taking a tour with Tauck cruises.
- Tauck has directors that have an average experience of around 10 years with the company and this has enabled them to be expert in their fields and provide the best tour guidance for each of the cruise.
- They have many different types of travelling options and you can choose from a wide variety of small ship cruises, river cruises, land journeys and group tours for a more comfortable trip.
- The Tauck offers hundreds of voyages in different countries and because they have their cruises visiting all of the seven continents; there is practically no tourist spot that you cannot visit Tauck river cruises.
- They have access to the places that are not very common amongst that tourist. This has been made possible because of the expertise that they have developed in this field by providing tourism services for such a long time.
- Tauck has one of the highest staff to guest ratio as compared to other cruise operators and their staff always chooses to stay one step ahead in treating their guests with utmost exclusivity.
- They offer the all-inclusive packages that have no hidden costs and you don't need to spend any money while you are on the ship because the package prices that you pay upfront includes the cost of all the services, including meals, drinks, accommodation and entertainment on board.
- Their ships are very spacious and there are no more than 120 passengers per ship and this is why they call the environment on their ships as "club like". Their ships are also very well designed such that the extra space on the ships is actually utilised by providing living space in the suites.
- Regardless of the fact that you asked Tauck to cover your air travel and include the cost in the package or not, this company still provides you airport transfer as a complimentary service included in the package.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tauck River Cruises
- What kind of trips can I take with you?
You can take much different kind of trips with Tauck. Their most common and liked river cruises are the European cruises because on its European cruise Tauck has a lot of hidden surprises for you. Their itinerary on a European cruise includes places that are very uncommon and are not visited by too many tourists. Their other cruises include those that they offer under the banner of Tauck Bridges. These river cruises are exclusively designed to accommodate families and kids. These trips also visit numerous countries and have a quite vast range of itineraries.
- How much would a tour cost?
They offer so many tours that it might be unfair to take a mean of all of the tours and present it as an average cost because some of the tours cost way more than some other more budget friendly tours. All of the cruises have different prices in accordance with the number of days that each of the tour consists of. The tour cost also varies with the standard of service that is provided to the guests. The standard river cruise tour of the French River may cost you from $4000 to $8000. These prices are per person and for a double occupancy room. They are just for the reference purposes so that you can get a fair idea of how the price of a Tauck River Cruise may look like.
- Can I take my family with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
Tauck has a very good number of tour guides available for its guests on the all of its cruise ships. They usually reserve a guide for a group of 20 people and if you are accompanied by a family of more than 20 people then you can easily get a tour guide reserved entirely for your family and you wouldn't have to be stuck with any other people in that case. But if your family does not have that many members than you can still make a request to Tauck and they will surely accommodate you, since they are well known for accommodating guests who are travelling with their families.
- Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
Tauck has a very dedicated team of support staff that is willing to cater any of your requests and customer satisfaction is what Tauck is well known for. If you have any requests regarding the trip you should just call travel agent at Tauck cruises and they will definitely take your request into consideration.
- Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
Tauck has a number of customer support help lines that you can call in order to get your queries addressed. Their reservations and booking call center is not available 24/7 and you need to call within the time frame of 8 a.m to 9 p.m from Monday to Friday. They also have contact form available on their website that you can fill with your query and submit it to the Tauck administration.
- What do the guides do for you?
The guides by Tauck river cruises are extremely well mannered and have abundance of knowledge about the destinations that you will be visiting with them; they will show you the most sought after tourist spots and will guide you about the best street food which is available in those countries.
- Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
The staff of this tour company has been affiliated with it for a very long time and they have developed specialties in what they do. While travelling on a cruise with Tauck you will, not even for a single moment, feel like the staff or the people working for this company lack anywhere in what they do.
- What type of way can you travel when you are traveling through Tauck Cruises?
There are multiple ways in which you can travel with Tauck. The most common of which is the river cruise and apart from that this tour operator provides services for small cruises, land journeys and group travels which they believe are a very good way to travel to different regions rather than travelling alone. These sorts of travels give you a chance to socialize with people from other countries and exchange cultures with them.
- Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
Tauck has been doing this for over 90 years and their travel experts have now become capable enough to customize the itineraries in such a way that they are able to decide which places to visit ahead of time.
- Where do you stay while you are at the destinations?
This company has contracts with several hotels and resorts in which they make reservations for you so that you can have as good time on shore as you are going to have off shore.
- Is there a single supplement that can be used for travelers who are solo?
Solo travelers have, for a very long time, been choosing Tauck as their travel partner because of Tauck's packages that are specifically made for travelers who are not accompanied by anyone.
- On average, what is the group size like?
The group size on a Tauck river cruise is kept at a minimum, so that you don't feel very crowded by the people when you are with group. The average group size on Tauck cruise may range from 20 to 33 people.
Health and Safety Protocols on Tauck River Cruises
Traveling with Peace of Mind
Our commitment never wavers – to earn your trust by always doing the right thing. As we explore the world together again, this will be more important than ever as we adapt to living and traveling in the presence of COVID-19.
Tauck is 97-years young this year, and our ability to weather many storms over the decades is a result of our values and beliefs – as a family and as a family-owned and led company. In addition to the guiding light of these values, our extensive experience, local knowledge and global support network help to ensure your safety on every Tauck journey. Building upon our bedrock of award-winning guest care, we have worked tirelessly to prepare for your return following the COVID-19 hiatus in travel. With guidance from leading experts, including the CDC and WHO, together with our internal Global Response Team and, most importantly, with feedback from thousands of our guests, we have redefined how we will conduct our experiences as we resume travel.
Tauck is Prepared for the Unexpected
For decades, Tauck has operated in over 70 countries in all 7 continents. Over this time, our staff and network of supplier partners have always been there to support our guests and team on the road. Our guests travel with a comprehensive, built-in support system that starts with the care and local knowledge of our Tauck Directors and extends to our network of partners around the world, including hoteliers and transportation companies.
At the core of our ability to quickly and effectively respond to the unexpected is our Global Response Team - a group of over 50 employees across all departments who stand ready to spring into action around the world. This team has plenty of experience, from weather events, high and low water on rivers, earthquakes, volcanic ash, civil unrest and work stoppages. They have also dealt with past virus outbreaks including the SARS and Zika viruses.
The Tauck Travel Well Pledge
Before we operate tours and cruises, all Tauck employees, our supplier partners and our guests will take Tauck’s Travel Well Pledge.
As a company, we will follow our enhanced protocols with diligence and rigor; review them frequently as the landscape changes and always make common-sense decisions grounded in purpose and pride. We embrace these new and necessary measures to combat COVID-19 and will do our very best to provide the Tauck care we have been honored to deliver for 97 years.
OUR NEW HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Consistent with our commitment to the well-being of our guests, we are implementing enhanced health and safety protocols. These protocols may vary by geographic regions and will certainly evolve over time, as science and society respond to new realities:
Prior to interacting with guests, each member of Tauck’s field staff is trained in enhanced protocols and participates in a personal health screening.
Once on tour, our Tauck Directors and supporting staff are responsible for maintaining these protocols with a special focus on cleanliness and physical distancing. They will relay critical information regarding requirements, advise when protocols are mandatory – such as wearing a face covering in group settings – and help facilitate guest care through communication with appropriate parties should a guest become ill on tour. All Tauck staff will adhere to the same requirements.
When joining a Tauck journey, every guest is responsible for their own health and, in turn, the protection of their fellow travelers, the Tauck staff, our suppliers and the places we visit. Guests will pledge to follow the direction of the Tauck staff and adhere to health and safety protocols.
Guests are expected to wear face coverings in all group settings, to wash their hands frequently and to adhere to supplier and government regulations. While supplies of face coverings, gloves, and hand sanitizer will be available, guests are asked to bring such personal items for their own comfort.
Small is BIG
For many years, Tauck has emphasized and invested in more choices of activities, resulting in smaller groups for activities like sightseeing and events. This is consistent with our mantra that “Small is Big” – small groups and smaller ships with fewer guests.
We initially focused on these elements to improve the guest experience. Yet today they take on an additional dimension; small group experiences and more personal space are critical in providing the peace of mind our guests expect. Accordingly, we are offering even more small group experiences and limiting guest numbers across all of our journeys.
We have been working diligently with our partners to be prepared to welcome you back when the time is right.
Tauck has worked meticulously with our global supplier partners to plan for every itinerary following the hiatus in travel. All partners, whether they be a hotel, museum, small ship/riverboat, restaurant or other partner, have been thoughtful about how to provide a Tauck experience in this environment.
And while it's impossible to list all of the enhanced health and safety protocols for the hundreds of Tauck partners across the globe, we would like to share a representative sample of what you can expect:
Our hotel partners all have world-class health and safety protocols. However, these guidelines may vary depending on local situations and regulations. Here are some typical examples:
- Upon-arrival, health questionnaires and temperature checks may be required. Some hotels may even require daily temperature scans.
- Social distancing may be required in public areas, bars and restaurants.
- High-touch areas such as railings, door handles and elevators will undergo enhanced cleaning.
- In-room measures may include removal of tent cards and magazines. Common use items, such as coffee makers and minibar amenities may be on demand.
- High-touch areas, such as light switches, thermostats, remote controls and door handles will be subject to enhanced and frequent cleaning.
- Guests will have the option to determine housekeeping frequency.
- All hotel staff will undergo daily health screenings.
Ships and Riverboats
We have worked closely with our cruise partners to ensure the best possible health and safety protocols and to ensure the care and service you expect from Tauck:
- Guests on cruises and river journeys will be required to complete a health questionnaire and will undergo a temperature check prior to boarding. In some instances, our ship partners will conduct daily temperature checks.
- Face coverings and physical distancing will be required in most public spaces for guests and crew alike.
- Meals may be offered at staggered times and self-serve buffets will be eliminated.
- In-cabin measures include removing common use items. Coffee makers, minibar amenities and housekeeping will be on demand at guest discretion.
- Ship staff will undergo daily health screenings.
- All vessels will have medical staff onboard.
Sightseeing and Local Activities
Many of our experiences are exclusive and/or private and that’s important in taking care of you. Whether it be a guided tour, a visit to an iconic museum or private home, a musical performance, or any other special Tauck activities, we are applying the same rigor to health and safety protocols:
- Tauck listening devices will be sanitized thoroughly and frequently.
- Sightseeing is being adjusted to ensure proper physical distancing.
- Admission times at venues may be altered to ensure no crowding.
- Paper tickets, handouts and the like may be eliminated.
Tauck has always been known for a la carte dining; having more freedom to decide when and with whom to dine now has more value than ever. Additionally, our partners whether they be hotels, ships, special venues or restaurants, are raising their already rigorous hygienic standards. Here are some examples:
- Waitstaff will likely be wearing face coverings and gloves.
- Seating will be adjusted to accommodate physical distancing.
- Self-serve buffets will be eliminated. Common use menus will no longer be used unless sanitized.
Keeping on-tour transportation safe is a major focus of our team who has worked with hundreds of partners to ensure continuity in health and safety protocols:
- On motorcoaches and other on-tour ground transportation, such as airport transfers, guest should expect physical distancing and will be required to wear face coverings.
- Prior to each trip, our motorcoaches, vans, airport transfer vehicles and on-tour aircraft will undergo a deep sanitizing process.
- Luggage may also be sanitized at each movement.
- Drivers will wear gloves and face coverings during all guest-facing interactions.
- Drivers will frequently clean handrails, door handles, arm rests, tables, seats, air conditioning/HVAC units, restrooms and overhead storage areas.
Our Supplier Partners are ready for you
Tauck is proud to have worked closely with our partners around the world, many of them for decades, to deliver the quality, comfort and safety you expect. Whether it be hotels and resorts, riverboats and small ships, restaurants, event venues or transportation companies, their meticulous health and safety protocols reflect their leadership and well-earned respect in the travel industry. The following are some select health and safety protocols. We will update these on a regular basis.
In addition to our supplier partners, we have also been actively engaged with global travel organizations to standardize health and safety protocols throughout the travel industry. TourCare is one example:
TourCare are health and sanitation guidelines developed by the tour industry's major global associations: the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA), The Canadian Association of Tour Operators (CATO) and the European Tourism Association (ETOA). Tauck, and our supplier partners, meet and exceed these guidelines that require members to adhere to the highest standards in the industry.
The Tauck experience was everything we expected it to be. We also appreciated the warm reception as their first cruise on the Danube since the Covid shutdown. Their professional staff navigated the travel restrictions as we moved from country to country and overall elimated those worries for us. Their were 52 (of a possible 130) passengers on board so to say we were given VIP treatment is an understatement. We loved the crew on board the MS Joy as well as the talented Cruise Director and Tour Directors. The experience that they created for us is the reason why we will continue to travel with Tauck and recommend them to others. On a negative note, I was disappointed in the hotel selection in Prague. The InterContinental where we had originally been booked was under renovation. We were shifted to the Hilton which was average at best. Additionally as a Category 7 traveler, we were put in a standard room. Other Category 7 travelers were upgraded to the premium floors which I found irritating.
Tauck is absolutely top notch! They treated us like absolute Royalty on the ship. I would without a doubt highly recommend Tauck for your next vacation.
Very good itinerary and great on board staff, including the Cruise Director, who was immensely helpful when my partner became ill with bronchitis. Local guides in Colmar, Stuttgart, and Amsterdam were very, very good too. Food and drink were plentiful and well-prepared.
This trip was wonderful. Tauck experience is over the top and enjoyed every minute.
- Germany River Cruises (217)
- France River Cruises (209)
- Netherlands River Cruises (143)
- Austria River Cruises (115)
- Hungary River Cruises (113)
- Slovakia River Cruises (108)
- Switzerland River Cruises (95)
- Czech Republic River Cruises (59)
- Portugal River Cruises (48)
- Spain River Cruises (39)
- Belgium River Cruises (22)
- Italy River Cruises (19)
- Rhine River Cruises (148)
- Danube River Cruises (126)
- Seine River Cruises (68)
- Douro River Cruises (48)
- Rhone River Cruises (46)
- Main River Cruises (31)
- Saone River Cruises (11)
- Moselle River Cruises (11)
- 2023 River Cruises
- 2024 River Cruises
- 2025 River Cruises
- Mar 2023 River Cruises
- Apr 2023 River Cruises
- May 2023 River Cruises
- Jun 2023 River Cruises
- Jul 2023 River Cruises
- Aug 2023 River Cruises
- Sep 2023 River Cruises
- Oct 2023 River Cruises
- Nov 2023 River Cruises
- Dec 2023 River Cruises
- Jan 2024 River Cruises
- Feb 2024 River Cruises
- Mar 2024 River Cruises
- Apr 2024 River Cruises
- May 2024 River Cruises
- Jun 2024 River Cruises
- Jul 2024 River Cruises
- Aug 2024 River Cruises
We had a marvelous trip. Tauck thinks of everything!!