U River Cruises
U River Cruises is a new take on experiential travel, with cruises designed for those with a passion for exploring and a taste for authentic adventures. U River Cruises has always believed that travel should be relaxing, exhilarating, convenient and tailored to your interests — all at the same time. And on a U river cruise, that’s exactly what you'll experience.
- Learn more about U River Cruises ›
- Health & Safety Protocols ›
- Low Price Guarantee ›
- Why Buy From Us? ›
U by Uniworld: So What is It Exactly?
By George Pitiranggon, Director of Marketing & Web Strategies If you’re reading this article right now, chances are you know, or at least have heard of, a river cruise. And if you know what a river cruise is, you’ve probably heard of Viking, Avalon Waterways, Uniworld, and others. Now we have a new player in…
What’s New For Contiki In 2018
2018 is an exciting year for Contiki. Between their new revolutionary travel style, and a innovative way to experience Europe, 2018 might be Contiki’s best year yet. Read more about the highly anticipated new travel style, new immersive itineraries, authentic new dining program and new millennial river cruises!
Call for Low Prices!
Learn More About U River Cruises
Uniworld was founded in the year 1975 as a travel company providing different kinds of tours to different regions of the world. The company has since been a well known name in the market. Uniworld offers an array of different traveling options, and mostly deals with river cruises. River cruises offered by Uniworld are considered as one of the most luxurious ones and the majority of customers who travel with Uniworld have a very lavish taste for things. U by Uniworld was unveiled in the year 2016 as a cruise company that will focus on the millennials – people born in the 1990s – as its targeted audience. There are two cruise ships which are owned by U and they are both named A and B. Both of these cruise ships have a full black exterior that make it stand out amongst other cruise ships by their competitors. This subsidiary of Uniworld has ships that have exquisitely modern interiors which are specifically designed for young adults who like to go on cruises during their college vacations. Due to this exclusivity that U provides to the youth, it is a very famous traveling option amongst these travelers.
- U by Uniworld is a modern luxury cruise tour operator that masters in providing services which are very luxurious.
- U is a brand by Uniworld travels that have been providing river cruises around the European region for many years.
- Uniworld had an experience of over 40 years in the tourism industry and is part of the travel corporation group which also owns some other big names in tourism sector such as Traflgar and Contiki.
- This company has an operational fleet of over 21 cruise ships that go around on cruises into many different regions like Europe, Russia, Egypt, South America and China.
- Uniworld is a big name in the cruising industry and it is considered as a very successful brand because of its 500 annual river cruises with stops in more than 20 countries.
- The variety of cruises offered by Uniworld is huge and their lengths of each cruise can vary from as low as 7 days and as high as 30 days. The river cruises which are a little shorter in duration have fairly lower price while on the other hand if your duration of stay is longer your package may be a bit expensive.
- This cruise company is a member of numerous associations that authenticate its standard operating procedures and these associations make sure that the services provided by this company are up to the mark and are exactly as promised by this company.
- In June 2019 a ship by Uniworld met an unfortunate accident, which injured four people on board and caused an extensive damage to the ship but this cruise ship tour operator did not take any time and got the ship repaired and back on cruising within two months of the accident.
- Their cruise ships have a contemporary modern interior which is very unique from other cruise ships of similar sizes and categories. Due to their contract with the luxury hotel renovating companies they have been able to incorporate such lavish designs within the suites of their cruise ships.
- U is a part of Uniworld tours which is specifically designed for the party goers, music fans and most of the younger generations. These cruises by U are a great way of Uniworld tours to target this younger segment of travelers who love going to the cruises and have a good time while on boat.
Top Reasons To Choose U River Cruises
- Both of the A and B cruise ships owned by U cruises have very exquisite interiors that just feel and look likes a floating five star hotel.
- They provide you with a number of activities on shore that you can perform during your stop overs at different destinations. These activities will keep you highly energetic and they are a perfect way to have a feel of the places that you visit. These activities will include boating, cycling, hiking, and kayaking etc.
- The life on the deck of a U cruise is also one of the most vibrant and unmatchable to any other cruise experience that you will ever have. The activities on board may include but are not limited to painting, wine tasting, theme parties, yoga and musical nights etc.
- The ameneties that are provided to you on shore and off shore by U cruises are amazing and you wouldn't feel the need to spend any money especially when you are on the ship. These ameneties may include airport transfers, 3 meals everyday, unlimited beverages, uncapped wifi, and other entertainment options like these.
- You don't need to be confused about your land excursions because U cruises is there to take care of that as well bh providing you numerous options of everyday land excursions that you can choose before even starting your journey.
- Uniworld is known for its all inclusive packages that offer almost all the services within one upfront price of the package.
- If your itinerary includes Austria as a destination than you can even expect to attend a cocktail reception hosted by the princess of Habsbur dynasty while visiting her house at Artstetten Castle.
- Uniworld also offers special interest cruises with different musical and art services included in your cruise package. These are limited time offers and are available every once or twice in a year. People who are into music and arts wait for many months to have a chance to participate in these special interest cruises.
- Uniworld is one of those cruise service providers that are considered as a top competitor for providing the best services in the industry to claim this title they have also got many awards by well known travel magazines.
- Their customer satisfaction ratio is pretty much evident by the reviews that they have on various authentic river cruise rating websites. These reviews by satisfied customers further enhance the trust that their loyal customers have put on them for these many years.
Frequently Asked Questions About U River Cruises
- What kind of trips can I take with you?
U cruises offer many different types of trips around the world that you can take. These trips are centred towards young adult population while there are some other trips offered by U cruises that are also suitable for travelers who have their families accompanying them on this trip. Some of the trips offered by U cruises are very lavish and you can expect to have the best service while on those trips.
- How much would a tour cost?
The cost of a U cruise is dependent on the number of cities that you will be visiting and also the duration of your stay in those cities. U cruises are very economical as compared to their other competitors. Since they only have two cruise ships there is not too much difference in the prices based on the ship that you choose for your trip and due to the fact that these tours are targeted for young and adventurous people, the prices of itineraries by U cruises have very affordable prices. The average price for a trip to multiple cities in Europe having the duration of around 8 days is $2800. These prices are for any of the ship A or ship B and these prices are for a single person.
- Can I take my family with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
U by Uniworld gives you a unique opportunity to travel with some of the best tour guides that are available. These tour guides are divided into total number of people forming a number of groups where each tour guide is available to a single group. You and your family can take a tour guide for them to avoid other travelers by making a group that only consist of your family members. You can also inform Uniworld about such requests before the start of your tour.
- Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
Yes, Uniworld has a very supportive team who will always be there to listen to your queries. You can feel free to contact their service centre incase if you have any special requests for queries.
- Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
Yes, you can call on their phone number at anytime of the day and their team of very professional and highly qualified support staff will be there to help you out. Also if you are unable to reach them through the phone you can also contact them through their email address and someone from their team will respond to you shortly.
- What do the guides do for you?
The guides will accompany you on your entire land tour so that you don't feel like you are in a foreign land. They tell you about each and everything of the place that you are visiting. They guide you about the dos and donts of the place, local culture and traditions, heritage and history and also about the famous cuisine of that place.
- Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
U Cruises is affiliated with a very famous and well known group in tourism industry. The staff of U cruises is also upto the standards of Uniworld which is old and trusted name in the market. They only hire people who are no less than a specialist in their fields and also majority of their staff has had a very long affiliation with Uniworld which is why they have developed such expertise in their places that it is second to one else amongst their competitors.
- What type of way can you travel when you are traveling through U Cruises?
There are many ways in which people tend to travel with U cruises but the most obvious and primary one is the river cruises which are small cruise ships that are designed for the riverways. The other common way to travel with U cruises is by taking a land tour with them and you can avail the facilities of traveling with the best guides in town, who will take you to places that you may have never imagined in your whole life.
- Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
Most of the itineraries that are offered by U cruises are already customised and a lot of groups have already been on that trip which is why they become a tested pattern and do not need much customisations. Itineraries like these are made by the people who are expert in this field and have experience of several years with different tour companies.
- Where do you stay while you are at the destinations?
The cruises of U tour operators take pride in providing one the best services whether you are on shore or off shore and you can only expect to stay at the best places while traveling with U cruises.
- Is there a single supplement that can be used for travelers who are solo?
Solo travelers do have to pay a supplement fee while cruising with Uniworld but if you are lucky you may find a cruise that have supplement charges waived off. These offers are often there on selected cruises for each year and you just need to lookout for them and you might find a good deal for yourself to help you out in your single traveling expeditions.
- On average, what is the group size like?
The groups in U by Uniworld cruises are of various sizes and it depends on the cruise you take and also the total passengers who are onboard the ship. The usual group is more than 8 to 10 people.
Health and Safety Protocols on U River Cruises
Uniworld approaches every cruise with that same thorough diligence. Stringent security and sanitation protocols onboard our ships are nothing new to us. They not only remain top priorities but are being escalated as we face the current challenge. As more information is provided from Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) and the World Health Organization (WHO) Uniworld will look to adopt their health and safety recommendations and continue to update for your added peace of mind.
SAFETY & SECURITY PROTOCOLS
- All outside doors and access to the interior of the ships are locked when docked. Only registered guests can access the ship using a key card.
- All guests and luggage are verified against the manifest at check-in.
- Guests have 24/7 access to the front desk.
- Key card scanners with facial recognition are utilized at the gangway.
- Cameras are present at the entrance of the ship and in public areas, and are monitored by the reception staff.
- Trained security staff are posted at the gangway 24 hours a day.
- Ships are patrolled by trained staff 24/7.
- All deliveries are thoroughly inspected before being brought onboard.
HEALTH & SANITATION PROTOCOLS
PLEASE NOTE: While Uniworld believes these protocols to be the appropriate steps in protecting the wellbeing of guests and crew, they will continue to evaluate and make changes if they are deemed to be ineffective or if they negatively impact the wellbeing of guests and crew. Uniworld is actively reviewing additional health and sanitation steps and will add them to these protocols upon approval.
- All guests must complete a health screening prior to embarkation.
- Gloves, face masks and small bottles of hand sanitizer will be readily available for each guest.
- All guests and crew are required to sanitize their hands when entering public spaces, when coming back onboard the ship each day, and before each meal.
- Housekeeping staff disinfect all public area touch points and hot spots throughout the day, including all handrails and door handles.
- Fruits, cookies, chips, nuts, candies or other treats are now served to individual guests by the crew only. These treats are no longer available for self-service.
- Disinfected wipes are available throughout the ship, including at coffee stations and in the public toilets.
- Any onboard payments are processed using a contactless payment method and credit card machines will be wiped after each pin entry.
- All coffee table books, magazines and brochures have been removed from public use. Guests will be able to access these reading materials via their complimentary PressReader app on their mobile devices.
- Crew wash their hands frequently when handling guest luggage. Disembarkation luggage is kept separate from embarkation luggage to avoid cross-contamination.
- All meals are now served by culinary and waitstaff, with no self-service allowed during buffets.
- All restaurant dining now has reserved seating, with guests at the same table, with the same people, each day.
- To limit the total number of guests in a restaurant at a time, they have introduced two seating times for each meal.
- Items that are usually shared, like bread and butter, are now served to each person individually.
- All touch points, like chairs and salt and pepper shakers, are immediately disinfected after each seating.
STATEROOMS & SUITES:
- All staterooms and suites are thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis.
- All air-conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected on each embarkation day before rooming takes place.
- Umbrellas are now only available in rooms for individual use, with no shared umbrella stands in public areas.
- In-room chocolate candy bowls are replaced at the end/beginning of each cruise.
- All buses are cleaned and wiped with disinfectant before each use.
- Face masks are also available on the buses, in addition to the staterooms.
- Vox boxes are sanitized prior to embarkation and after each excursion.
- All crew receives professional health and hygiene training (HACCP) by an external consultant before each ship begins its sailing season, including training on how to look for symptoms.
- All crew strictly adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All crew undergo regular health screenings and are quarantined immediately if symptoms are present.
- Hand sanitizer is readably available and mandated for use in all crew areas.
- Crew quarters, public and private, are sanitized regularly.
- All crew meals are served, with no self-service allowed.
Only boys bikes so no biking for most women! 2.Got charged by ATT for all internet..had it reduced from$750 to $240 3.We were charged for soft drinks
- 2023 River Cruises
- 2024 River Cruises
- 2025 River Cruises
- Mar 2023 River Cruises
- Apr 2023 River Cruises
- May 2023 River Cruises
- Jun 2023 River Cruises
- Jul 2023 River Cruises
- Aug 2023 River Cruises
- Sep 2023 River Cruises
- Oct 2023 River Cruises
- Nov 2023 River Cruises
- Dec 2023 River Cruises
- Jan 2024 River Cruises
- Feb 2024 River Cruises
- Mar 2024 River Cruises
- Apr 2024 River Cruises
- May 2024 River Cruises
- Jun 2024 River Cruises
- Jul 2024 River Cruises
- Aug 2024 River Cruises
Fsntastic overall ecperirnce. The service was outstanding the 2 U hosts were superior and the ship very modern and high tech. Excursions and local tour guides were terrific.