MS George Eliot
MS George Eliot - named after one of the leading English novelists of the 19th century. Elegant lobby with its gleaming marble floor, well-lit by sophisticated lighting. Thoughtful design is on tasteful display throughout the ship – sustainable hardwood furniture, intricate wrought-iron work, and polished copper and brass are beautifully complemented by soft leather and sumptuous Italian fabrics.
- Maiden Voyage: 2019
- Length: 360
- Passenger Capacity: 132
- Normal Crew Size: 36
- Staterooms: 70
- Suites: 10
Quality dining is an integral part of your river cruise experience - Riviera ships take this to the highest five-star levels with superb cuisine prepared by a dedicated brigade of chefs.
Start the morning with a delicious breakfast. Take a stroll on the Sun Deck and enjoy early risers' tea or coffee with your freshly baked pastries. A heartier option is the full breakfast buffet, a sumptuous affair with more than 60 hot and cold options, as well as a popular omelet station for eggs just the way you like them. If you prefer a more relaxed morning, have continental breakfast served in your cabin as you watch riverside life drift gently by.
A very comprehensive lunch buffet allows a selection of as little or as much as you wish from a most appetizing selection. Don't forget to leave some room for afternoon tea and the chef's special patisserie - it’s just too tempting to even attempt to ignore.
The day's culinary highlight is the splendid four-course dinner: entrée, soup, main and dessert, all in the elegant ambiance of a first-class restaurant. Carefully designed menus include international classics, along with dishes that reflect the regions we pass, with hand-picked selections from local markets. In addition, the Captain proudly hosts his excellent 'Gala Dinner' featuring specialties of the countries and regions through which you've journeyed.
Riviera river cruises are unable to accommodate children under 12 years old at the date of departure. Riviera reserve the right to limit the number of children on any particular trip. Any minor must be accompanied by and share a cabin with an adult aged 21 or over. If the adult is not the minor's parent, a "Parental Consent Guardianship Form" must be signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to sailing.
Tips are not charged at a set percentage and are not included in the holiday cost, as Riviera river cruises understand that giving a gratuity should be entirely at your discretion. As a guideline it is recommended giving €5-10 per person per day should you feel that is appropriate. Usually, an envelope is left in your cabin on the final evening, for you to drop off at reception if you choose to, the following morning.
Square Footage: 161
Category Emerald Deck (Lower)
Emerald Standard Cabins have smaller fixed windows – some are available for sole occupancy with no supplement. Located on the Emerald Deck.
Square Footage: 183
Category Emerald Deck - Superior Suite (Lower)
Emerald Superior Suites benefit from a generous living area and smaller fixed windows. Located on the Emerald Deck.
Square Footage: 172
Category Ruby Deck (Middle)
Ruby Standard Cabins feature floor-to-ceiling glass doors that slide away to create a French balcony to enjoy panoramic river views. Located on the Ruby Deck.
Square Footage: 172
Category Diamond Deck (Upper)
Diamond Standard Cabins feature floor-to-ceiling glass doors that slide away to create a French balcony to enjoy panoramic river views. Located on the Diamond Deck.
Square Footage: 194
Category Ruby Deck - Superior Suite (Middle)
Ruby Superior Suites benefit from a generous living area, plus floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors that open up to create a French balcony for guests to enjoy panoramic river views. Located on the Ruby Deck.
Square Footage: 194
Category Diamond Deck - Superior Suite (Upper)
Diamond Superior Suites benefit from a generous living area, plus floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors that open up to create a French balcony for guests to enjoy panoramic river views. Located on the Diamond Deck.
Square Footage: 253
Category Diamond Deck - Deluxe Balcony Suite (Upper)
Diamond Deluxe Balcony Suites offers a generous living area with chairs and table, cotton bathrobes and slippers. Floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding glass doors that open out on to a small balcony with a table for two. Located on the Diamond Deck.
Life on Board
BistroThe bistro with panoramic windows and al fresco seating, serving early-bird breakfast, light lunch and dinner. Located on the Diamond Deck.
RestaurantIntimate yet relaxed fine dining experience with informal free seating. Offers tables laid for up to six guests, serving a hearty range of buffets at breakfast and lunch, and sumptuous four-course dinners executed with silver service. Located on the Ruby Deck.
Panorama LoungeAt the heart of the ship is the elegant panoramic observation lounge, where guests can enjoy marvelous views through the floor-to-ceiling windows. Located on the Diamond Deck.
WellnessThe wellness centre features a spa, which guests can reserve for private use to take a sauna or unwind in the steam room. Book an appointment at the hairdresser's, which offers manicures and pedicures for a small additional fee. Located on the Emerald Deck.
Hygiene and Safety Protocols
Everyone knows that the pandemic has impacted travel plans in recent months, but it’s now encouraging to see signs of recovery as countries re-open their borders and aircraft take to the skies. We can’t wait to start travelling again and we hope you’re looking forward to your forthcoming vacation more than ever.
We rigorously follow the guidance issued by the US Department of State and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You can access the very latest information via the State Department and CDC.
Health and Medication Advice
- Please ensure that all medication is packed with your hand luggage and take adequate supplies for the length of your trip. Please check with your airline first to ensure you are compliant with current airport security regulations with regards to medication.
- Whilst the travelling schedule on our holidays shall impose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we should like to point out that we visit many historical sites and often enjoy walking tours of various places of interest. Some holidays, therefore, may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. If you have greatly impaired mobility then please contact us for further advice or click here to read more.
- We would request that you bring the name, address and telephone number of your Primary Care Physician as this is usually required by insurance companies if you become ill.
- If you have a physical disability or are undergoing medical treatment that may affect your ability to do the tour, and which you have not already informed us about, you must let us know in writing now. We will be able to advise you if the ship is equipped to meet your needs. If you do not inform us, the ship’s Captain may refuse passage or your travel insurance may become invalid.
- No immunizations are required to travel to European destinations.
- You may wish to take a basic first aid kit with you.
- Take high-factor sunscreen, a hat and insect repellent if you are travelling in the summer.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): sitting immobile for long periods of time in aircraft, trains or coaches may increase the risk of DVT. Recent major surgery or hip/knee replacement can also increase DVT risk. Drink plenty of water, avoid alcohol, move your ankles and toes and get up and walk around regularly. For more information, see your physician.
- It is also advisable to take copies of any regular prescriptions you may take.
- If you have any concerns about your health while on the cruise please see your tour manager. They will be able to advise you about pharmacies, drug stores and the availability of doctors.
- There will be occasions when the tour manager isn’t immediately available and in this case the ship crew should be able to help. In an emergency you could always phone our emergency number as issued on your itinerary.