MS Robert Burns
After years of painstaking research to create the most perfect vessels afloat, a new era in river cruising dawns as Riviera river cruises introduces the brand new, state of the art, ‘all suite’ ships. Swiss operated and truly world-class, they are absolutely delighted to present the five-star MS Robert Burns.
- Maiden Voyage: 2017
- Length: 443
- Passenger Capacity: 169
- Normal Crew Size: 44
- Staterooms: 88
- Suites: 88
Quality dining is an integral part of your river cruise experience – our ships take this to the highest five-star levels with superb cuisine prepared by a dedicated brigade of chefs.
Start the morning with a delicious breakfast. Take a stroll on the Sun Deck and enjoy early risers’ tea or coffee with your freshly baked pastries. A heartier option is the full breakfast buffet, a sumptuous affair with more than 60 hot and cold options, as well as a popular omelette station for eggs just the way you like them. If you prefer a more relaxed morning, have continental breakfast served in your cabin as you watch riverside life drift gently by.
A very comprehensive lunch buffet allows a selection of as little or as much as you wish from a most appetising selection. Don’t forget to leave some room for afternoon tea and the chef’s special patisserie – it’s just too tempting to even attempt to ignore.
The day’s culinary highlight is the splendid four-course dinner: entrée, soup, main and dessert, all in the elegant ambience of a first-class restaurant. Our carefully designed menus include international classics, along with dishes that reflect the regions we pass, with hand-picked selections from local markets. In addition, the Captain proudly hosts his excellent ‘Gala Dinner’ featuring specialities of the countries and regions through which you’ve journeyed.
Riviera river cruises are unable to accommodate children under 12 years old at the date of departure. Riviera river cruises reserves the right to limit the number of children on any particular trip. Any minor must be accompanied by and share a cabin with an adult aged 21 or over. If the adult is not the minor’s parent, a “Parental Consent Guardianship Form” must be signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to sailing.
Tips are not charged at a set percentage and are not included in the holiday cost, as Riviera river cruises understands that giving a gratuity should be entirely at your discretion. As a guideline it is recommended giving €5-10 per person per day should you feel that is appropriate. Usually, an envelope is left in your cabin on the final evening, for you to drop off at reception, if you choose to, the following morning.
Square Footage: 183
Category Emerald Deck Suite (Lower)
Furthermore your suite will easily exceed your expectations for not only will you enjoy the most discerning décor, so too the ship’s dimensions afford the ultimate in space and comfort. Suites on the Emerald (lower) Deck have smaller fixed windows.
Square Footage: 183
Category Ruby Deck Suite (Middle)
A gleaming wood door opens revealing your exceptionally appointed suite. At 17 square metres (183 square feet), its generous dimensions are amongst the largest you will find on a cruiser gracing any European river.
Square Footage: 210
Category Ruby Deck (Middle) - Superior Suite
Bringing your cruise to another level, why not upgrade to a Superior Suite available on the Ruby (middle) and Diamond (upper) decks. Substantially larger at 19.5 square metres (210 feet) and with the additional space devoted to the living area, you will immediately notice the benefit as you relax in your stylish surroundings.
Square Footage: 183
Category Diamond Deck Suite (Upper)
A gleaming wood door opens revealing your exceptionally appointed suite. At 17 square metres (183 square feet), its generous dimensions are amongst the largest you will find on a cruiser gracing any European river. Suites on the Diamond (upper) have ‘French Balconies’ – panoramic floor to ceiling sliding glass doors bringing riverside life just that little closer!
Square Footage: 210
Category Diamond Deck (Upper) - Stern Superior Suite
Bringing your cruise to another level, why not upgrade to a Superior Suite available on the Diamond (upper) deck. Substantially larger at 19.5 square metres (210 feet) and with the additional space devoted to the living area, you will immediately notice the benefit as you relax in your stylish surroundings.
Square Footage: 210
Category Diamond Deck (Upper) - Superior Suite
Substantially larger at 19.5 square metres (210 feet) and with the additional space devoted to the living area, you will immediately notice the benefit as you relax in your stylish surroundings. Of course the identical high quality furnishings and fittings as the standard suite are evident throughout, again with stunning views from the panoramic floor to ceiling sliding glass doors.
Square Footage: 274
Category Diamond Deck (Upper) - Deluxe Balcony Suite
If you’re looking to really spoil yourself, at a staggering 25.5 square metres (274 square feet), the world-class Diamond (upper) Deck Deluxe Balcony Suites are for you. Fifty percent larger than standard suites, they allow for an even more generous living area for the ultimate in space and comfort. In addition you will enjoy a private exterior balcony complete with table and chairs - perfect for an ‘al fresco’ breakfast should you wish or just a quiet morning coffee or a pre-dinner ‘sundowner’ whilst watching the world drift by.
Life on Board
Lounge and BarRelax in the lounge areas where the ship’s designers have created a genteel atmosphere of understated elegance with a wide selection of comfortable seating. Where could be better to lose yourself in conversation with like-minded new friends, sip a coffee, perhaps play chess or bridge, or just relax whilst admiring the incredible scenery?
RestaurantThe ship’s restaurant is located on the Ruby (middle) Deck and here you will experience not only exceptional first class cuisine, but also the most attentive yet discreet service from the ship’s highly professional crew. So just sit back with a well-deserved glass of wine from the carefully selected wine list and delight in the wonderful elegance of your surroundings.
LibrarySit down and relax with a book at the reading corner.
Fitness CenterFitness equipment for you to use at your leisure.
Sauna and Steam RoomWellness area with sauna, steam room to use at your leisure.
Splash Pool and Putting GreenSun deck with comfortable outdoor chairs and sun loungers, a small splash pool and a putting green
Hygiene and Safety Protocols
Everyone knows that the pandemic has impacted travel plans in recent months, but it’s now encouraging to see signs of recovery as countries re-open their borders and aircraft take to the skies. We can’t wait to start travelling again and we hope you’re looking forward to your forthcoming vacation more than ever.
We rigorously follow the guidance issued by the US Department of State and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You can access the very latest information via the State Department and CDC.
Health and Medication Advice
- Please ensure that all medication is packed with your hand luggage and take adequate supplies for the length of your trip. Please check with your airline first to ensure you are compliant with current airport security regulations with regards to medication.
- Whilst the travelling schedule on our holidays shall impose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we should like to point out that we visit many historical sites and often enjoy walking tours of various places of interest. Some holidays, therefore, may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. If you have greatly impaired mobility then please contact us for further advice or click here to read more.
- We would request that you bring the name, address and telephone number of your Primary Care Physician as this is usually required by insurance companies if you become ill.
- If you have a physical disability or are undergoing medical treatment that may affect your ability to do the tour, and which you have not already informed us about, you must let us know in writing now. We will be able to advise you if the ship is equipped to meet your needs. If you do not inform us, the ship’s Captain may refuse passage or your travel insurance may become invalid.
- No immunizations are required to travel to European destinations.
- You may wish to take a basic first aid kit with you.
- Take high-factor sunscreen, a hat and insect repellent if you are travelling in the summer.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): sitting immobile for long periods of time in aircraft, trains or coaches may increase the risk of DVT. Recent major surgery or hip/knee replacement can also increase DVT risk. Drink plenty of water, avoid alcohol, move your ankles and toes and get up and walk around regularly. For more information, see your physician.
- It is also advisable to take copies of any regular prescriptions you may take.
- If you have any concerns about your health while on the cruise please see your tour manager. They will be able to advise you about pharmacies, drug stores and the availability of doctors.
- There will be occasions when the tour manager isn’t immediately available and in this case the ship crew should be able to help. In an emergency you could always phone our emergency number as issued on your itinerary.