River Countress is filled with light and color. Muted shades of turquoise complemented by soothing cream, taupe and white accents create a luxurious and sophisticated environment for your up-close, unsurpassed and unforgettable Italian adventure.
- Maiden Voyage: 2003
- Refurbished Year: 2003
- Length: 361
- Passenger Capacity: 130
- Normal Crew Size: 41
- Staterooms: 65
- Suites: 4
When dining onboard your all-inclusive Uniworld river cruise, you’ll be treated to world-class cuisine made from fresh ingredients, locally sourced from the destinations you visit. Uniworld’s farm-to-table approach takes their chefs to regional farms, local markets and artisanal producers to ensure that every meal is an adventure in and of itself. For those interested in healthier dining options, Uniworld’s Traveling Lite menu features all of the flavor of their traditional menu, but with fewer calories. Uniworld also offers a variety of vegetarian and vegan options, prepared just for you. If you have a specific meal preference, just ask. Uniworld’s chefs will be happy to accommodate.
Guests who are under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult that is 21 years of age or older. Guests travelling with younger children are highly encouraged to select one of Uniworld’s Generations voyages, offered on select itineraries and ships in Europe. Featuring specially-priced cruises planned around breaks from school and filled with exclusive activities and features for travelers of all ages, Generations voyages include the same matchless service, elegant accommodations and enticing itineraries that you can always expect from Uniworld, with additional programs, events and excursions designed specifically for your world travelers in training. Uniworld recommends a minimum age of 4 years old to cruise on a Generations voyage.
Gratuities for onboard and onshore personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager, local experts, drivers) are included on all itineraries in Europe, both during the cruise-tour as well as on any pre- or post-cruise land extensions.
Square Footage: 151
Lavishly appointed riverview stateroom, handcrafted Savoir of England beds, built-in closets, hair dryer, safe, direct-dial telephone, individual climate-controlled thermostat, flat-screen TV with infotainment center. Marble bathroom with L'Occitane en Provence bath and body products, plush towels, backlit magnifying mirror, heated mirrors, cozy bathrobes and slippers. Located on the Tintoretto Deck.
Square Footage: 151
Lavishly appointed riverview stateroom, handcrafted Savoir of England beds, built-in closets, hair dryer, safe, direct-dial telephone, individual climate-controlled thermostat, flat-screen TV with infotainment center Marble bathroom with L'Occitane en Provence bath and body products, plush towels, backlit magnifying mirror, heated mirrors, cozy bathrobes and slippers. Located on the Casanova Deck.
Square Footage: 151
Category French Balcony
Lavishly appointed riverview stateroom with a French balcony, handcrafted Savoir of England beds, built-in closets, hair dryer, safe, direct-dial telephone, individual climate-control thermostat, flat-screen TV with infotainment center. Marble bathroom with L'Occitane en Provence bath and body products, plush towels, backlit magnifying mirror, heated mirrors, cozy bathrobes and slippers. Located on the Marco Polo Deck.
Square Footage: 214
Lavishly appointed riverview suite with a French balcony Handcrafted Savoir of England bed, built-in closet, hair dryer, safe, individual thermostat, flat-screen TV with infotainment center and satellite, and bottled water Marble bathroom with L'Occitane en Provence bath and body products, plush towels, towel warmer, waffle bathrobes, and slippers Additional special amenities and services. Located on the Marco Polo Deck.
Life on Board
Savoy RestaurantStart your day off with a hearty buffet breakfast, lunch time finds you amidst an abundance of culinary delights and dinner offers elegant courses, as candlelight flickers and conversations kindle between bites. Located on the Marco Polo Deck.
BarEnjoy the full service bar and dance the night away to the piano tunes of their on board musician. Located on the Marco Polo Deck.
BoutiqueA gift boutique for a variety of special items and sundries is available for you to take a piece of your fairy tale experience home with you as a keepsake memory. Located on the Bellini Deck.
Captain's Lounge & LibraryThe Captain's Lounge and Library is a great place to relax while reading a book or simple it back and enjoy a drink at the full-service bar. Located on the Marco Polo Deck.
II Castillo LoungeSip a glass of wine while you cruise past beautiful landscapes and world-famous landmarks on your way to your next destination. Located on the Marco Polo Deck.
Internet CenterIf you need to check your email and keep in touch with family and friends, there are computers available for your personal use. Located on the Bellini Deck.
Fitness RoomIf you would prefer to stay onboard and exercise, your all-inclusive, state-of-the-art fitness center offers everything you need. Located on the Bellini Deck.
Serenity River SpaDiscover inner peace and pamper yourself with a relaxing massage in the luxurious Serenity river spa. Located on the Bellini Deck.
Hygiene and Safety Protocols
Uniworld approaches every cruise with that same thorough diligence. Stringent security and sanitation protocols onboard our ships are nothing new to us. They not only remain top priorities but are being escalated as we face the current challenge. As more information is provided from Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) and the World Health Organization (WHO) Uniworld will look to adopt their health and safety recommendations and continue to update for your added peace of mind.
SAFETY & SECURITY PROTOCOLS
- All outside doors and access to the interior of the ships are locked when docked. Only registered guests can access the ship using a key card.
- All guests and luggage are verified against the manifest at check-in.
- Guests have 24/7 access to the front desk.
- Key card scanners with facial recognition are utilized at the gangway.
- Cameras are present at the entrance of the ship and in public areas, and are monitored by the reception staff.
- Trained security staff are posted at the gangway 24 hours a day.
- Ships are patrolled by trained staff 24/7.
- All deliveries are thoroughly inspected before being brought onboard.
HEALTH & SANITATION PROTOCOLS
PLEASE NOTE: While Uniworld believes these protocols to be the appropriate steps in protecting the wellbeing of guests and crew, they will continue to evaluate and make changes if they are deemed to be ineffective or if they negatively impact the wellbeing of guests and crew. Uniworld is actively reviewing additional health and sanitation steps and will add them to these protocols upon approval.
- All guests must complete a health screening prior to embarkation.
- Gloves, face masks and small bottles of hand sanitizer will be readily available for each guest.
- All guests and crew are required to sanitize their hands when entering public spaces, when coming back onboard the ship each day, and before each meal.
- Housekeeping staff disinfect all public area touch points and hot spots throughout the day, including all handrails and door handles.
- Fruits, cookies, chips, nuts, candies or other treats are now served to individual guests by the crew only. These treats are no longer available for self-service.
- Disinfected wipes are available throughout the ship, including at coffee stations and in the public toilets.
- Any onboard payments are processed using a contactless payment method and credit card machines will be wiped after each pin entry.
- All coffee table books, magazines and brochures have been removed from public use. Guests will be able to access these reading materials via their complimentary PressReader app on their mobile devices.
- Crew wash their hands frequently when handling guest luggage. Disembarkation luggage is kept separate from embarkation luggage to avoid cross-contamination.
- All meals are now served by culinary and waitstaff, with no self-service allowed during buffets.
- All restaurant dining now has reserved seating, with guests at the same table, with the same people, each day.
- To limit the total number of guests in a restaurant at a time, they have introduced two seating times for each meal.
- Items that are usually shared, like bread and butter, are now served to each person individually.
- All touch points, like chairs and salt and pepper shakers, are immediately disinfected after each seating.
STATEROOMS & SUITES:
- All staterooms and suites are thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis.
- All air-conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected on each embarkation day before rooming takes place.
- Umbrellas are now only available in rooms for individual use, with no shared umbrella stands in public areas.
- In-room chocolate candy bowls are replaced at the end/beginning of each cruise.
- All buses are cleaned and wiped with disinfectant before each use.
- Face masks are also available on the buses, in addition to the staterooms.
- Vox boxes are sanitized prior to embarkation and after each excursion.
- All crew receives professional health and hygiene training (HACCP) by an external consultant before each ship begins its sailing season, including training on how to look for symptoms.
- All crew strictly adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All crew undergo regular health screenings and are quarantined immediately if symptoms are present.
- Hand sanitizer is readably available and mandated for use in all crew areas.
- Crew quarters, public and private, are sanitized regularly.
- All crew meals are served, with no self-service allowed.
Cindy was extremely helpful
While the weather on this trip to Venice was mostly rainy and cloudy; with Venice at one point being under 5 feet of water at an extremely high tide, Uniworld did their utmost to ensure the safety of all guests and managed to adhere to the planned itinerary with only one exception. The crew was wonderful and were pleased to be sailing with Uniworld for the second time. The cabins on the River Countess are small and the entire ship is due for a much needed refurbishing. Uniworld continues to stand out as one of the premier suppliers of river cruises and their staff both on and off the ships are well trained. We have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone seeking a quality experience.
We enjoyed all the excursions and the guides were fantastic.
This was our second trip with UniWorld and the experience was outstanding. Everything is first class and well organized. Perfect balance of touring and free time. In addition, UniWorld gets you in ahead of the crowds, in many cases, and also provides unique and private experiences that most don't get to see.
Uniworld provides everything in the package -- transportation, transfers, meals, drinks, excellent food and a high level of service.