Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Offers||Brochure|
|Feb 20, 2021||Feb 28, 2021||Deals||$1,256||Get Quote|
|Mar 13, 2021||Mar 21, 2021||Deals||$1,304||Get Quote|
|Mar 20, 2021||Mar 28, 2021||Deals||$1,304||Get Quote|
|Mar 27, 2021||Apr 04, 2021||Deals||$1,356||Get Quote|
|Apr 03, 2021||Apr 11, 2021||Deals||$1,356||Get Quote|
|Apr 10, 2021||Apr 18, 2021||Deals||$1,356||Get Quote|
|Apr 17, 2021||Apr 25, 2021||Deals||$1,356||Get Quote|
|Apr 24, 2021||May 02, 2021||Deals||$1,304||Get Quote|
|May 08, 2021||May 16, 2021||Deals||$1,304||Get Quote|
|Jun 05, 2021||Jun 13, 2021||Deals||$1,256||Get Quote|
|Aug 21, 2021||Aug 29, 2021||Deals||$1,256||Get Quote|
|Aug 28, 2021||Sep 05, 2021||Deals||$1,256||Get Quote|
|Sep 11, 2021||Sep 19, 2021||Deals||$1,304||Get Quote|
|Sep 15, 2021||Sep 23, 2021||Deals||$1,304||Get Quote|
|Sep 25, 2021||Oct 03, 2021||Deals||$1,356||Get Quote|
|Oct 09, 2021||Oct 17, 2021||Deals||$1,356||Get Quote|
|Oct 23, 2021||Oct 31, 2021||Deals||$1,356||Get Quote|
|Oct 30, 2021||Nov 07, 2021||Deals||$1,356||Get Quote|
|Nov 06, 2021||Nov 14, 2021||Deals||$1,304||Get Quote|
|Nov 20, 2021||Nov 28, 2021||Deals||$1,304||Get Quote|
|Nov 27, 2021||Dec 05, 2021||Deals||$1,256||Get Quote|
|Dec 04, 2021||Dec 12, 2021||Deals||$1,256||Get Quote|
|Dec 11, 2021||Dec 19, 2021||Deals||$1,256||Get Quote|
|Dec 18, 2021||Dec 26, 2021||Deals||$1,570||Get Quote|
|Jan 01, 2022||Jan 09, 2022||Deals||$1,665||Get Quote|
|Jan 15, 2022||Jan 23, 2022||Deals||$1,600||Get Quote|
|Jan 29, 2022||Feb 06, 2022||Deals||$1,600||Get Quote|
|Feb 05, 2022||Feb 13, 2022||Deals||$1,600||Get Quote|
|Feb 19, 2022||Feb 27, 2022||Deals||$1,600||Get Quote|
|Mar 05, 2022||Mar 13, 2022||Deals||$1,665||Get Quote|
|Mar 19, 2022||Mar 27, 2022||Deals||$1,665||Get Quote|
|Mar 26, 2022||Apr 03, 2022||Deals||$1,725||Get Quote|
|Apr 02, 2022||Apr 10, 2022||Deals||$1,725||Get Quote|
|Apr 09, 2022||Apr 17, 2022||Deals||$1,725||Get Quote|
|Apr 16, 2022||Apr 24, 2022||Deals||$1,725||Get Quote|
|Apr 23, 2022||May 01, 2022||Deals||$1,665||Get Quote|
|May 07, 2022||May 15, 2022||Deals||$1,665||Get Quote|
|Jun 04, 2022||Jun 12, 2022||Deals||$1,600||Get Quote|
|Aug 06, 2022||Aug 14, 2022||Deals||$1,600||Get Quote|
|Aug 20, 2022||Aug 28, 2022||Deals||$1,600||Get Quote|
|Sep 03, 2022||Sep 11, 2022||Deals||$1,665||Get Quote|
|Sep 17, 2022||Sep 25, 2022||Deals||$1,725||Get Quote|
|Sep 24, 2022||Oct 02, 2022||Deals||$1,725||Get Quote|
|Oct 01, 2022||Oct 09, 2022||Deals||$1,725||Get Quote|
|Oct 15, 2022||Oct 23, 2022||Deals||$1,725||Get Quote|
|Oct 29, 2022||Nov 06, 2022||Deals||$1,725||Get Quote|
|Nov 05, 2022||Nov 13, 2022||Deals||$1,665||Get Quote|
|Nov 19, 2022||Nov 27, 2022||Deals||$1,665||Get Quote|
|Nov 26, 2022||Dec 04, 2022||Deals||$1,600||Get Quote|
|Dec 03, 2022||Dec 11, 2022||Deals||$1,600||Get Quote|
|Dec 24, 2022||Jan 01, 2023||Deals||$1,600||Get Quote|
|Dec 31, 2022||Jan 08, 2023||Deals||$1,665||Get Quote|
Call or submit a quote for award-winning value and service!
Black Friday Sale, Save up to 25% On Intrepid Vacations
Black Friday Sale, Save up to 25% On Intrepid Vacations
Save up to 20% on Intrepid Travel small group adventures trips booked between 24 November 2020 00:00
GMT / 23 November 2020 4:00pm PDT and 2 December 2020 7:59am GMT / 1 December 2020 11:59pm
PDT, not combinable with any other offer including loyalty.
20% discount applies to any Intrepid small group adventure departing between 1 January 2021 and 15 December 2021 with the below exclusions: Polar, Intrepid Retreats, UK Cycling trips, Urban Adventures, Tailor-made adventures and third-party supplier trips. 10% discount applies to Intrepid Retreats and UK Cycling trips departing between 1 January 2021 and 15 December 2021.
Credit Holders can use any valid discounts or promotions that are available at the time of re-booking in their region, except where we are honouring their original price. Discount only applies to the land portion of the trip and cannot be applied to flights, insurance, single supplement, transfers or any additional services. If the trip on which the discount was applied is cancelled by Intrepid Travel, the customer will not be eligible for the 10% additional credit which is in other cases offered to customers where Intrepid Travel cancels the trip. Standard deposit is required at the time of booking. Balance is payable within 21 days of departure. There will be no extensions to the travel, booking or payment periods listed. Prices, itineraries, and inclusions are subject to change without notice. Intrepid Travel's Booking Conditions will also apply to the trip booked and it is imperative that you examine those conditions before booking with Intrepid Travel. As outlined in the Intrepid Travel Booking Conditions, travel insurance is compulsory for all Intrepid Travel travellers and should be taken out prior to or at the time of booking. See the Booking Conditions for more details. The trip is subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid Travel at time of booking.
Rock-hewn amphitheatres, desert dune bashing and reef exploring - this trip may be quick, but it packs in a lot of action. Take a nine-day Lonely Planet Experience through the best of Jordan and Egypt to discover the most epic of histories and striking of landscapes. Wander the ancient city of Petra, relax along the Gulf of Aqaba coastline, and finish up among the souqs and pyramids in Cairo. As you travel this land of courageous adventurers, mighty pharaohs and biblical prophets, be greeted by the legendary hospitality of local Bedouin people at your Wadi Rum desert camp and discover the underwater worlds that lie beneath the azure waters of the Red Sea.
AmmanAhlan Wa Sahlan! Welcome to Jordan – cosmopolitan, contemporary and teeming with biblical history. Your Lonely Planet Experience begins with an important welcome meeting at 6 pm today, where you’ll meet your local leader and travel crew. If you do happen to arrive early, be sure to take in the sweeping views of Amman from the citadel, explore the Jordan Museum that’s home to the Dead Sea Scrolls, or take a trip out to the ruins of Jerash – an ancient walled town that remarkably recalls life 2000 years ago. After meeting up for your briefing, head out on the town, perhaps feasting on ara’yes – Jordan’s answer to a toasted sandwich, packed full of spiced meat.
PetraThis morning, travel by minibus to Mt Nebo (approximately 1.5 hours). Mt Nebo is the place where the prophet Moses is supposedly buried and is said to have seen the 'Promised Land'. Explore this sanctuary, checking out the remarkable mosaics inside its fourth-century church. On a clear day, the views over the Dead Sea to Israel and the Palestinian Territories are spectacular. Afterwards, take a 30-minute drive to the super salty Dead Sea. Technically sitting below sea level, it’s perfect for swimming and floating in, and the mud on the sea floor is said to have healing properties – so lather up! Continue on to the crusader castle of Kerak, sitting in a commanding position on top of a cliff overlooking Kerak town and the valley below. Spend time exploring the seven-level fortress and learn the legends of 12th-century battles between Crusaders and Muslim armies. Continue on to Petra for the night (approximately 4.5 hours).
PetraThe jewel of Jordan, the lost city of the biblical Nabateans, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World – Petra is a magical hand-carved wonder. Today, you’ll have the chance to discover this sixth century BC masterpiece with your small group. Be dwarfed by the towering rock formations as you squeeze through a narrow path called the Siq until you reach the grand entrance of the iconic Treasury. Gaze up at the intricate carvings and details, and spend the afternoon exploring the site at your own pace. There’s the old Roman road, other temples and old tombs, as well as the rock-hewn amphitheatre to explore. For those feeling more adventurous, take a challenging hike up a set of stairs to the smaller but no less impressive monastery, taking approximately one hour. After arriving back at your accommodation, why not find a traditional bathhouse to rejuvenate after a day of incredible sightseeing.
Wadi RumFollow in the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia with a short drive to the extraordinary desert scenery of Wadi Rum – a rugged lunar-like landscape framed by huge sandstone mountains (approximately 2 hours). Head on a half-day jeep safari, taking you through some sublime scenery and uncovering traces of ancient civilisations seen in the many carved inscriptions found throughout the area, from pictographs to Thamudic, Nabataean and Arabic texts. The most enduring monuments in Wadi Rum are those carved by nature – natural rock bridges, towering rose-coloured sand dunes and scattered rocky peaks. Spend the night sleeping in a simple desert camp, with the choice of sleeping under a camel hair tent or out under the starry night sky. Enjoy a delicious dinner cooked in an earthen oven by your desert dwelling Bedouin hosts, and soak in your truly unforgettable surroundings.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
NuweibaThis morning, leave Wadi Rum and make tracks for Aqaba (approximately 1 hour). You’ll have some free time in Aqaba today, and have the option of day-use rooms to freshen up and store your luggage. Early in the evening, bid your Jordan local leader farewell and transfer to Aqaba port to board a comfortable air-conditioned ferry bound for Nuweiba. Depending on timing, weather conditions and delays, this journey over the Gulf of Aqaba can take between 2.5 and 5 hours, so be sure to have a good book or device with you to kill the time. On arrival, meet your Egyptian group leader and transfer to your accommodation for a well-earned rest.The ferry can be rough at times and those who suffer from sea sickness may want to prepare themselves. The journey can take from 2.5 hours to in excess of 5 hours which means that arrival into Nuweiba can often be after midnight. Your Egyptian Tour Leader will be waiting for you regardless of delays. In rough weather, there's a chance the ferry might be cancelled altogether, in which case we'll travel overland through Israel.
DahabIt's a short drive to the laidback resort area of Dahab – your base for the next two nights. Dahab, meaning 'gold' in Arabic, has gone from a Bedouin fishing village to a popular tourist town, thanks to the excellent conditions for activities like diving, windsurfing and rock climbing. However, the town hasn't lost its authenticity and lowkey appeal that’s attracted visitors since the 1970s. The rest of the day is free for you to take in the many treats this spot has to offer – cafes, seafood or some snorkelling in the Red Sea. Dahab is well known for its drop-offs – spectacular coral reef shelves that plunge into the vast blue depths of the ocean below. There are also plenty of relaxed bars and restaurants to sit back and enjoy good local food and some sheesha.
DahabIn the morning, why not strap on a mask and head to the Blue Hole for some snorkelling at one of the best diving spots in the world. The area gets its name from a submarine sinkhole about 94 metres deep, with an arch in the coral reef down at 54 metres – a challenge that’s only open to highly experienced technical divers. Snorkellers can enjoy one of the greatest spots in the Red Sea here. Float on the surface and look down into an endless world of blue, then make your way around to ‘the Bridge’, where the visibility is always great and the untouched coral swarms with all different types of colourful fish and marine life. After you’ve had your fill of snorkelling, return to Dahab for an evening feast at a waterside restaurant, or perhaps head inland to Assalah, where local joints serve up plates of roast chicken and falafel with some cold regional beer.
CairoToday you’ll be able to experience the contrast between seaside Dahab and the wonderfully chaotic, always colourful capital city of Cairo. Transfer to Sharm El Sheikh Airport and take the short flight to Cairo (approximately 1 hour). On arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. Cairo is one of the great cities of antiquity and its history can be embodied by two of its imposing landmarks – the Pyramids of Giza and the Mosque of Mohammed Ali. Tonight, why not join your new travel mates for a celebratory dinner in the city – your local leader will know of some delicious places to eat.
CairoThere are no activities planned for the final day and you are able to depart the accommodation at any time following check-out. While this trip doesn't include time to explore the sights of Cairo, it’s strongly recommended that you spend a few extra days to see more of what the city has to offer. If you would like to spend more time here, we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability). You’ll see donkey carts alongside expensive cars, medieval slums and modern shopping malls, and the incredible Pyramids sit just outside of town. What’s not to like?
- Petra - Guided tour (One day pass included)
- Wadi Rum - 4WD jeep safari and desert camp
7 Breakfast(s) Included
1 Dinner(s) Included
Health and Safety Protocols for Intrepid Tours
Protection against COVID-19 as well as other transmissible diseases requires enhanced protocols in hygiene and sanitation. We will put in place additional measures, in line with government health advice and with global health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to ensure that we maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Handwashing is one of the most important safety measures to prevent the spread of disease. Intrepid will actively reinforce its importance by:
- Implementing a handwashing policy that dictates when, how often and for how long all staff, leaders and crew must wash their hands on-trip.
- Promote the importance of hand hygiene to customers through signage and online customer material.
- Contract suppliers that have hand hygiene protocols in place
- Contract suppliers that provide hand sanitizer in public places (where applicable)
- Educate staff, leaders, crew and suppliers on the importance of hand hygiene via training.
Practicing good respiratory hygiene prevents the spread of disease by reducing the number of droplets in the air when you sneeze or cough. Intrepid will:
- Actively reinforce its importance to customers through signage and online customer material.
- Educate staff, leaders, crew and suppliers on the importance of respiratory hygiene via training.
- Contract suppliers who have respiratory hygiene protocols in place.
In addition, in areas with high community transmission and/or places that are difficult to maintain physical distancing, we recommend the the following at-risk people also wear them. Intrepid follows the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) that masks should only be used as part of a comprehensive prevention strategy and that the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Physical distancing, hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene must also form part of the strategy.
On our trips, regardless of destination, the following people must wear medical/surgical masks:
- Anyone who develops symptoms of COVID-19 regardless of whether or not they have been tested yet.
- People caring for people with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases (outside of hospitals/clinics).
In addition, in areas with high community transmission and/or places that are difficult to maintain physical distancing, we recommend the the following at-risk people also wear them.
- People over 60
- People with underlying health conditions
- Provide medical/surgical masks as part of the First Aid Kits carried by leaders.
- Educate leaders, crew, staff and customers on the correct method to wear, handle and dispose of a mask.
- Require all customers, leaders and staff to comply with any local regulations or requirements that require the use of a mask in public or in certain places
Intrepid follows the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) that it is not necessary for the public to wear fabric masks generally.
However in certain circumstances, in places where community transmission of COVID-19 is high and/or physical distancing is not possible (e.g. on public transport, in shops or in other confined environments) then a fabric mask can be a useful barrier to prevent the spread of virus.
Fabric masks be purchased commercially or handmade, and are generally not standardised like medical masks. Fabric masks should:
- Cover the nose, mouth, and chin
- Be secured with elastic loops or ties
- Include multiple layers
- Be washable and reusable.
Protection against COVID-19 as well as other transmissible diseases requires enhanced sanitation processes. Intrepid will take the following measures:
- Require all suppliers to detail their cleaning and sanitation protocols
- Audit/monitor all suppliers on their cleanliness and sanitation.
- All cleaning and disinfecting products must be approved by health authorities (e.g. WHO).
- All rooms must be thoroughly cleaned between guests with all high touch surfaces in shared areas regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer should be available in public areas.
- There must be a process in place for customers to escalate any concerns regarding hygiene or sanitation.
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
- All tents must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between use.
- If staying at a campground, ensure all bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and paper towels. If the area is remote, with limited facilities and/or minimal staffing, then customers should be informed to bring their own hygiene equipment.
- All mini buses, transfers, charters, overland trucks must be thoroughly cleaned between guests with all high touch surfaces in shared areas regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer should be made available
- Close top bins with bin liners should be available on board and disposed of at every stop
- Must be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day
- Tables and chairs must be disinfected after each guest use
- Avoid buffets where possible. If buffets are used, prevent customers from handling food and operating machines (e.g. self-serve coffee stations)
- Either disinfect shared use objects (e.g. table salt) between guest use. Where possible, Intrepid will try to source safe alternatives to single serve packaging.
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
- Preferred: Provide hand sanitizer to guests at the door before entry
- All equipment must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guest us
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
Limiting the number of surfaces touched by large numbers of people helps prevent the spread of disease. Therefore, it is important to proactively move towards contactless or low touch solutions for travel. Intrepid will:
- Prioritise contactless/low touch as a key feature when sourcing new tech or solutions.
- Remove any paperwork required on the ground (e.g. signing forms, feedback cards)
- If details must be entered using a shared device (e.g. insurance details), then it must be disinfected between each customer. Preference is to move entirely to digital solutions.
- Accommodation should provide online check in (no paperwork)
- Contactless keys (e.g. QR codes)
- Contactless tech (e.g. lights)
- Online ticketing for attractions and transport
- Online payment
Physical distancing is important in the preventing the spread of COVID-19 as it can be transmitted via droplets sprayed when coughing, sneezing, singing, yelling etc…
Intrepid will take the following measures:
- Require all suppliers to detail their physical distancing protocols
- Follow local regulation and advice on the need for physical distancing.
We will continue to offer this as an option. Single supplements are available for single travellers who do not wish to share a room. We will work closely with accommodation suppliers to ensure increased availability of single rooms.
- Consider whether it is appropriate to offer single tents for solo travellers as customers will be much closer together then in a traditional room.
- Consider whether staggering meal times may reduce the number of people sharing a dining tent.
Intrepid will consider the following factors when designing or amending transport options on trips.
- Local laws or requirements regarding physical distancing on transport
- Hygiene protocols of the transport provider
- Level of active community transmission in the destination
- Using designated seating on transport. Customers have assigned seats throughout the trip.
- If trip is longer than 15 minutes and air conditioning is available, it must be set to external airflow rather than to recirculation or windows should be opened for the duration of the trip.
- Designing or amending itineraries to reduce the duration of travel.
- Increasing the size of the vehicle, using multiple vehicles.
- Educate all leaders, crew, staff and customers to maintain a 1.5m distance wherever practical in public (e.g. queueing at a museum).
- Proactively design product to avoid crowds by visiting attractions at off-peak times.
- Proactively design product to avoid crowds on public transport or at airports where practical.
- Follow local regulations on table spacing and guest seating in restaurants. Wherever possible, try to ensure groups are sitting at their own table without strangers in restaurants.
- Proactively design product that focuses on experiences that assist with physical distancing (e.g. picnics over crowded marketplaces) if relevant for that destination.
Screening for COVID-19 helps isolate anyone with COVID-19 symptoms and stops the spread of disease. It is likely to become more common for future travellers.
Pre-Departure (Brand Material)
Customers should be informed as part of ‘Essential Trip Information (ETIs) or other similar trip notes if their trip is likely to include any of the following:
- Testing for COVID-19 before being able to pass through immigration and/or board planes.
- Negative test results to be uploaded for visa purposes.
- Thermal temperature checks in airports, train or bus stations, major hotels or attractions.
Pre-departure, all customers are required to fill out an online questionnaire (“self- declaration/assessment” form) to identify any high-risk customers before travel.
Extra qualifiers will be included to address customers with symptoms that can be contributed to pre-existing conditions (e.g. breathlessness to asthma).
Customers answering YES to any question should be removed from the departure and appropriate arrangements made.
Intrepid will not require a negative COVID-19 test as proof of health from customers or leaders at this stage unless it is required by local law or regulations.
This is partially due to the lack of availability of testing for people with no symptoms in many parts of the world and may change in due course.
- Ask customers, leaders, crew and staff to monitor their own health
- Display appropriate signage on COVID-19 symptoms
- Educate leaders, crew and staff on how to identify COVID-19 symptoms
- Describe COVID-19 symptoms in group meetings
If customers, leaders or crew show symptoms of COVID-19 and are either unable to or unwilling to be tested, Intrepid reserves the right to remove them from our trips to prevent any risk to others.
Flexible Booking Conditions
Customers will be supported by flexible booking conditions to stay home if unwell or displaying symptoms
Flexible Work Conditions
Intrepid will support leaders and crew to stay home rather than lead a trip if they are unwell or displaying symptoms. Schedules will need to be created with back up availability of leaders/crew.
Data Collection & Health Tracking
Intrepid will assist government health departments in tracking and tracing any customers, staff, leaders, crew or suppliers at risk of contracting COVID-19 via exposure to a known case and/or outbreak by providing relevant details in line with privacy laws and regulations.
COVID Tracking apps
Intrepid strongly recommends that customers and staff download COVID tracking apps (e.g. COVIDSafe in Australia, StayHomeSafe in Hong Kong) to assist in reducing the spread of disease within their communities.
Question: These are only land deals. Do you help us to get inexpensive air tickets that would match the starting/ending dates of the tour?
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Intrepid tour is great company. Will use this company again.
The trip was both both educational and exciting. I very much enjoyed the sights and culture.
The itinerary was just as I expected! The guide was very good as were the accomodations
Intrepid did such a great job. I never had to worry about where I was supposed to be and it felt so good not to worry about a thing but just to enjoy myself. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about culture and history.
Taiwan people very friendly. Accommodation were centrally located and easily accessible. Did extra activities then in brochure which was greatly.
Larus our tour guide did an excellent job and was very attentive to our needs. He is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor.
Our guide Tarang chandola was exceptional. Courteous, knowledgeable, organized, polite, professional and went above and beyond taking care of our needs and requests offen anticipating what that might be. He made sure we all had the best possible time and offered suggestions to meet the needs of everyone on the tour. This made the trip even more enjoyable.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!