Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Offers||Brochure|
|Nov 11, 2021||Nov 21, 2021||Call Us||Get Lower Price||Get Quote|
|Nov 20, 2021||Nov 30, 2021||Call Us||Get Lower Price||Get Quote|
|Dec 11, 2021||Dec 21, 2021||Call Us||Get Lower Price||Get Quote|
|Dec 29, 2021||Jan 08, 2022||Call Us||Get Lower Price||Get Quote|
Call or submit a quote to get our Low Prices!
Experience the pinnacle of expedition travel - Antarctica. It's a place of extremes, where wildlife and landscapes unfold like nowhere else in the world. The extraordinary islands around the Antarctic peninsula provide a stunning reward for those who conquer the Drake passage. Be among orca and humpback whales, hear cracking glaciers pierce the Antarctic silence, and experience, with all the senses, scenes that seem windows to another world. Regular excursions by Zodiac, plus a state-of-the-art ship with health and wellness facilities, ensure this 11-day Antarctic voyage will be a talking point with friends and family for years to come.
Day 1: Ushuaia
Welcome to Ushuaia, Argentina, the world’s southernmost city. On arrival at the airport, meet your Peregrine representative who will transfer you to your hotel. Attend a briefing at 7:30 pm to run through the details of the following day’s embarkation. If you arrive early and have some time, feel free to explore Ushuaia as you please. This city, a major port for Antarctica-bound vessels, has quite the dramatic setting, overlooking the Beagle Channel and surrounded by mountains.
Day 2: Ushuaia – Embarkation Day
Embarking late afternoon, cruise down the gorgeous Beagle Channel. This channel transects the Tierra del Fuego archipelago in the extreme south of South America. Expect an air of excitement as you depart, and the last glimpse of land disappears into the distance. The next time you see land you will find yourself in the world’s southernmost continent.
Day 3-4: Drake Passage
The time has come to cross the Drake Passage, the legendary body of water named after the famous English explorer Sir Francis Drake. If the conditions are right, enjoy some time out on deck to spot dolphins, orcas or perhaps albatross. If the waters are a little rough, perhaps relax and partake in some of the superb onboard facilities of the Ocean Endeavour. As well as safety briefings, there will be briefings on what lies ahead. A comprehensive lecture program from onboard experts will run throughout the journey; this will explore the history, geology and biology of the Great White Continent. With any luck we will make it to land by early evening on day 4 – a moment that always brings much excitement.
Day 5-8: Antarctic Peninsula
As the Antarctic Convergence is left in your wake, the adventure really begins. Four incredible days of exploring the Antarctic Peninsula ensue. Feast your eyes on glaciers, mountains and an extraordinary array of wildlife, as the immensity and beauty of the regions really comes into view. Every day is a new adventure, and each day you will explore landings, bays and channels on excursions by Zodiac. There are a number of potential landing sites, and the crew will decide which are most appropriate based on conditions. A list of sites can be found at https://www.peregrineadventures.com/en-au/antarctica/landing-sites. While the landscapes themselves dazzle, it is all about the wildlife on these excursions as we encounter penguin rookeries, spot humpback and mink whales, look out for leopard seals. There will also be the chance to see and hear calving glaciers cracking through the Antarctic silence, and you can scramble up snowy tracks to behold 360-degree views.
Day 9-10: At Sea
Say goodbye to the Antarctic Peninsula as we set off for Ushuaia. Take the opportunity to share photographs with fellow travellers, scout for wildlife once again from on deck, enjoy final lectures from the onboard experts, and make use of the Ocean Endeavour’s health and wellness facilities.
Day 11: Ushuaia – Disembarkation Day
Farewell your shipmates as the adventure draws to a close back in Ushuaia.
- This is the extended 11-day version of our classic Antarctica cruise, perfect for first-time explorers or seasoned adventurers. With an extra day on the Antarctic Peninsula, you will experience more of the Great White Continent.
- Enjoy the freedom to customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities. In addition to regular Zodiac excursions, choose to explore the water on a kayaking expedition, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and massage, or camp out overnight like a true polar explorer
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Peregrine expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages. Learn about the history, geography and wildlife of the Antarctic from experts in marine biology, glaciology and history
- Rest assured you will leave only footprints behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably-sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products on board
- This is the perfect adventure for solo travellers, with single cabins at the same price as some twins
10 Breakfast(s) Included
8 Lunch(es) Included
9 Dinner(s) Included
Question: How many people are on the tour/boat?
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!