Why Pay Retail? Call us or click for a quick quote and save money!
Dates & Prices
Save 7% Off this Tour - Guaranteed!
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Applies to new bookings only. Offer combinable with pay-in-full discount. Certain restrictions may apply.
World Traveler Club Members
World Traveler Club Members
Member-Only savings. Exclusive repeat traveler discounts. Additional restrictions may apply.
Day 1 - Into the Okavango Delta, Botswana
|From Maun Airport, take a safari transfer flight over vast, virtually uninhabited swaths of northern Botswana to a remote corner of the famed Okavango Delta. Here in the private Abu Concession, famed for its elephant herds, the intimate Seba Camp offers 8 stylishly-appointed tented rooms, all with private decks. Upon arrival at Seba, you can join fellow guests in the lounge, go for a refreshing plunge in the pool or take in the sweeping vistas over the surrounding riverine forest and a perennial lagoon that attracts a wide variety of big game.|
Day 2 - Okavango by land
|Morning, afternoon and night time game drives take you deep into the surrounding forests and grasslands interlaced with waterways. Led by General Tours certified, expertly trained safari guide, you’re likely to encounter fierce predators like lion, spotted hyena and the occasional leopard and wild dog. Huge herds of buffalo, elephant, zebra and wildebeest also inhabit the pristine Abu Concession.|
Day 3 - Okavango by water
|With lifelong skill, your safari guide will use his ngashi, a long wooden pole, to steer and propel your mokoro canoe through the narrow channels of the Okavango Delta. Drifting in near complete silence puts you at one with the environment, making it all the easier to spot the animals that come to the river to quench their thirst. Tsessebe, red lechwe, impala and zebra often graze at water’s edge and with 380 species recorded, this pristine sector of the Delta is also a birder’s paradise.|
Day 4 - Onward to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
|Take off from the Abu airstrip and fly to Kasane. From here, General Tours take you overland across the border into Zimbabwe to the Victoria Falls Hotel where adventurers have met and gathered for nearly a century. Later this afternoon, head down to the banks of the Zambezi River. We’ve chartered a boat for a private cruise that begins with sundowner cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and a chance to see hippos and crocodiles wallowing in the water as well as elephant and antelope grazing at river’s edge. As the sun sets and stars begin to fill the darkening sky, an elegant 3-course plated dinner will be served.|
Day 5 - Experience the thrill of Victoria Falls
|David Livingstone was the first European to visit the Falls and named it after Queen Victoria. But locals still call it Mosi-oa-Tunya, the Smoke that Thunders. As General Tours expert guide takes you along scenic paths through the rainforest alive with birdlife, you’ll hit the best vantage points including a heart-pounding view over the famed Devil’s cataract. And by tour’s end, you might agree that the local name best captures the dramatic spray and deafening roar of the mighty Zambezi River as it plunges more than 300 feet over a mile-wide chasm! The rest of this day is yours to delight in the Edwardian elegance of your hotel.|
Day 6 - To Hwange National Park
|This morning’s flight brings you to Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park, a 3-million acre expanse of sandy spoils and broad-leafed woodland at the eastern edge of the fabled Kalahari Desert. Your destination is the intimate Davison’s Camp, offering complete privacy with 9 luxurious tents set on the private Linkwasha Concession. This prime southeastern sector of the Park has one of the densest concentrations of wildlife in all of Africa.|
Day 7 - Explore Hwange National Park
|Boasting over 100 mammal species, including elephant herds and fierce predators, your safari experiences at Hwange promise unforgettable stories and photos you’ll be sharing long after your return home. You’ll track the Big 5 and maybe spot rare White rhino or the surprisingly ferocious honey badger.|
Day 8 - More of Hwange National Park
|Along with game drives in open 4x4 vehicles, bush walks with General Tours expert safari guides promise a rare and genuine connection to Africa. And in between these guided activities, spending time on your private verandah can be equally thrilling as giraffe, wildebeest, reedbuck, impala, and zebra congregate at the Camp’s waterhole.|
Day 9 - Depart Hwange
|Fly to Victoria Falls Airport for total convenience as you connect to any onward international flight.|
Hygiene and Safety Protocols for Alexander Roberts Tours
Committed to Your Well Being While You’re With Alexander Roberts
- All Alexander Roberts' staff will maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times, so expect a warm and genuine greeting but not a handshake or a hug!
- All high-touch surfaces in coaches and private cars – like door handles, railings, arm rests, and window controls – will be sanitized each morning and regularly throughout the day.
- Alexander Roberts' expert guides and drivers will don face masks whenever in proximity to guests.
- Alexander Roberts staff have been trained on Extra Care procedures – and how to respond to issues that may arise as you travel.
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitizer will be available in all vehicles while touring.
- Larger luxury motorcoaches so each traveler will have two seats to themselves while touring.
- Private airport transfers with a spacious luxury vehicle when you come and go for every tour
- Regular and frequent sanitizing of all high-touch vehicle surfaces.
- Prearranged entry for all sightseeing minimizes standing in line with other travelers.
- Whisper Headsets for groups of 5 or more allow for proper physical distancing while sightseeing, except for certain nature activities in remote areas like the Amazon.
- Alexander Roberts carefully selects restaurants to avoid crowded high-capacity venues; Alexander Roberts emphasizes fine farm-to-table dining with attentive and efficient service – and the choice to dine al fresco whenever available.
- No large-group dining; enjoy more spacious dining settings and smaller, well-spaced tables for included meals.
- Restaurant staff will follow the guidance of local health authorities and WHO protocols which may include facial coverings.
- Alexander Roberts' hotels are always selected for their outstanding locations, evocative ambiance, impeccable service – and cleanliness.
- OAlexander Roberts' partners include the most respected luxury brands – like Belmond, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, Kempinski and JW Marriott; they are now leading the industry with their sophisticated hygiene standards and protocols to ensure the well being of all their guests.
- Hotels will be continuously and rigorously vetted to ensure that they are following established WHO guidelines including social distancing and sanitizing procedures of guestrooms and public spaces.
- Hotel breakfasts will usually feature à la carte service and group seating will be replaced by smaller, appropriately distanced tables.
In a Small Group of Never More than 16 Guests or on a Privately Guided Tour for just your traveling party, their experienced guides have the flexibility to adjust your sightseeing based upon local conditions – to avoid times of heaviest traffic and crowding, for example. Alexander Roberts can dine in smaller authentic restaurants, minimize the time waiting in lines, and leave a lighter footprint. You’ll learn the history and stories behind the world’s most iconic landmarks, immerse more deeply in the wonders of the natural world, and delight in genuine cultural engagement not possible in a larger group. It’s travel without a crowd.
Victoria Falls Hotel - Livingstone, Zimbabwe
General Tours historic hotel offers Edwardian period charm and modern comfort with a view of the Victoria Falls Bridge and the spray of the Falls!
Davison's Camp - Hwange, Zimbabwe
This safari favorite has a beautiful main lounge, swimming pool, and spacious tents with private decks overlooking the famous waterhole.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Similar Tours Other Travelers Liked
|Best of South Africa with Victoria Falls 2020||Cosmos|
|Best of South Africa with Victoria Falls 2021||Cosmos|
|Icons of Southern Africa 2021||Costsaver|
|11 Day Essential South Africa with Victoria Falls - Friday Departure||Gate1|
|Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five||G Adventures|
Our tour guide was the best! He was knowledgeable about the country, always early, courteous and made us feel welcome in his country. Our tour had a side trip that was incredible due to our guide's particular experiences, The pick of our guide for our trip was absolutely perfect. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!