Dates & Prices
Save 7% Off this Tour - Guaranteed!
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Applies to new bookings only. Offer combinable with pay-in-full discount. Certain restrictions may apply.
World Traveler Club Members
World Traveler Club Members
Member-Only savings. Exclusive repeat traveler discounts. Additional restrictions may apply.
Day 1 - Welcome to Salvador, BrazilOn arrival in Salvador , you’ll be escorted to the luxurious Hotel Fasano. This afternoon, join General Tours engaging guide for a walking tour through the historic Pelourinho district. Filled with splendid pastel-hued buildings, this is the largest ensemble of Colonial architecture in Latin America; it offers rich insight into the city’s history as the gateway through which African slaves arrived on their way to the gold and gem mines of Ouro Preto and Minas Gerais. Then tour the ornately gilded, Baroque interior of São Francisco Church and take in the views of All Saints Bay and Lower Town from Municipal Square. This evening, enjoy the innovative Brazilian-Fusion cuisine of Cuco Bistrô. Meals D
Day 2 - A Look into Bahian LifeToday’s exploration of Salvador begins at the iconic Barra Lighthouse, perched at the spot where the Atlantic Ocean meets the waters of All Saints Bay. With insight from General Tours native guide, a pleasant stroll through the residential district of Barra and lively Sao Joaquim Market offers an authentic experience of Bahian life. Mingling with residents at a popular ice cream parlor, you can choose from traditional flavors like chocolate and vanilla as well as exotic ones like corn, Caipirinha and tropical fruits. At the 300-year-old Church of Bonfim, you’ll learn more about the city’s early days when Afro-Brazilian rituals began to blend with Catholic traditions. A congenial lunch at Uauá showcases the traditional home-style cooking of northeastern Brazil. Meals B+L
Day 3 - Art + Culture of SalvadorToday’s sightseeing has been uniquely planned to reveal Salvador’s thriving arts scene, including publicly displayed works by Carybé, an influential painter and sculptor who settled in Brazil from his native Argentina. In the hip and eclectic oceanside district of Rio Vermelho, you’ll admire the works of Bel Borba, a visionary graphic artist and sculptor who still lives in the neighborhood. Highlighting your foray into Salvador’s public art are the remarkable metal statues of Tati Moreno, rising from the waters of Lake Tororó. You’ll also make a stop in one of Salvador’s fishing communities to visit a temple dedicated to Yemanjá, an important deity in Candomblé, a local religion that traces its roots to Africa and the Colonial-era slave trade. For lunch, we’ll take you to Casa de Tereza, set in a restored 19th-century home and famed for its contemporary take on traditional Bahian cuisine. Then cap off this day of culture at the Museum of Modern Art before returning to your luxury hotel. Meals B+L
Day 4 - Travel to Belo HorizonteFly to Belo Horizonte where you’ll be met and escorted you to the 5-star Hotel Fasano. Then set out with General Tours engaging resident guide to explore the Pampulha Modern Ensemble , a visionary garden city built around a lagoon. Created in 1940 by famed architect Oscar Niemeyer and a team of artists and engineers, its remarkable fusion of architecture, sculpture and landscape design remains as bold today as it was 80 years ago. This evening’s dinner at Dona Lucinha showcases the culinary traditions of southeastern Brazil. Meals B+D
Day 5 - Onward to Ouro PretoFrom city landmarks like Liberty Square to the lively Central Market, this morning’s tour reveals more of Belo Horizonte’s vibrant modern spirit. Then travel south to Congonhas to visit the Sanctuary of Bom Jesus , a spectacular Baroque basilica built in the 18th century and adorned with a magnificent Rococo interior of Italian inspiration. Its outdoor staircase, decorated with statues of the prophets, and six chapels illustrating the Stations of the Cross are also considered masterpieces of Brazilian Baroque art. After lunch, continue to Ouro Preto and check in to Solar do Rosário, General Tours charming hotel set in a 19th-century landmark in the heart of this historic Colonial-era town. Meals B+L
Day 6 - Exploring Ouro PretoFueled by the incredible wealth of the gold rush that began here in 1698, Ouro Preto grew rapidly into a grand city filled with extravagant Baroque architecture – from town squares and churches to bridges and fountains. Exploring along its winding cobbled streets, today’s guided tour showcases the most splendid of the city’s landmarks - including the Church of St. Francis of Assisi, built in 1771, and the Basilica of General Tours Lady of Pilar, perhaps the most lavish of them all. With elaborately gilded interiors, these churches were the only way for locals to keep the wealth in their country; all the other gold was shipped to Portugal via the port of Salvador. Meals B+L
Day 7 - Inhotim Museum + Onward to Rio de JaneiroFounded by a Brazilian mining magnate to house his personal art collection and now one of the country’s premier cultural institutions, The Inhotim is a vast and beautiful garden with 5,000 species representing more than 28% of the known botanical families on the planet. Throughout its lushly landscaped grounds, there are more than two dozen dazzling pavilions devoted to the art of more than 100 contemporary artists from Brazil and around the world. Enjoy lunch at the museum restaurant before continuing to Belo Horizonte for your included flight to Rio de Janeiro. On arrival, you’ll be escorted to the Belmond Copacabana Palace where you’ll have a deluxe oceanview room overlooking the most famous beach in the world! Meals B+L
Day 8 - Discover Rio!Setting out with General Tours expert native guide, your full-day tour begins atop Mt. Corcovado . Take in the panoramic vista and behold the inspiring 100-foot tall statue of Christ the Redeemer – arms spread to protect the city below! Descend through the lush Tijuca Forest , a remarkable urban rainforest, back to the city to see the famed Maracanã Stadium, site of the 1950 and 2014 World Cup soccer finals. See the soaring contemporary silhouette of Metropolitan Cathedral before lunch at Confeitaria Colombo; founded in 1894, this grand restaurant is still one of the city’s most popular! In the afternoon, a thrilling 2-stage cable car takes you up Sugarloaf Mountain for amazing views over Rio and its dramatic backdrop of sea, mountain and sky. The return drive to your hotel takes you along the city’s stunning beaches including Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana. Meals B+L
Day 9 - Depart RioWe’ll take you to the airport today for your onward flight. Meals B
Health and Safety Protocols for Alexander Roberts Tours
Committed to Your Well Being While You’re With Alexander Roberts
- All Alexander Roberts' staff will maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times, so expect a warm and genuine greeting but not a handshake or a hug!
- All high-touch surfaces in coaches and private cars – like door handles, railings, arm rests, and window controls – will be sanitized each morning and regularly throughout the day.
- Alexander Roberts' expert guides and drivers will don face masks whenever in proximity to guests.
- Alexander Roberts staff have been trained on Extra Care procedures – and how to respond to issues that may arise as you travel.
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitizer will be available in all vehicles while touring.
- Larger luxury motorcoaches so each traveler will have two seats to themselves while touring.
- Private airport transfers with a spacious luxury vehicle when you come and go for every tour
- Regular and frequent sanitizing of all high-touch vehicle surfaces.
- Prearranged entry for all sightseeing minimizes standing in line with other travelers.
- Whisper Headsets for groups of 5 or more allow for proper physical distancing while sightseeing, except for certain nature activities in remote areas like the Amazon.
- Alexander Roberts carefully selects restaurants to avoid crowded high-capacity venues; Alexander Roberts emphasizes fine farm-to-table dining with attentive and efficient service – and the choice to dine al fresco whenever available.
- No large-group dining; enjoy more spacious dining settings and smaller, well-spaced tables for included meals.
- Restaurant staff will follow the guidance of local health authorities and WHO protocols which may include facial coverings.
- Alexander Roberts' hotels are always selected for their outstanding locations, evocative ambiance, impeccable service – and cleanliness.
- OAlexander Roberts' partners include the most respected luxury brands – like Belmond, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, Kempinski and JW Marriott; they are now leading the industry with their sophisticated hygiene standards and protocols to ensure the well being of all their guests.
- Hotels will be continuously and rigorously vetted to ensure that they are following established WHO guidelines including social distancing and sanitizing procedures of guestrooms and public spaces.
- Hotel breakfasts will usually feature à la carte service and group seating will be replaced by smaller, appropriately distanced tables.
In a Small Group of Never More than 16 Guests or on a Privately Guided Tour for just your traveling party, their experienced guides have the flexibility to adjust your sightseeing based upon local conditions – to avoid times of heaviest traffic and crowding, for example. Alexander Roberts can dine in smaller authentic restaurants, minimize the time waiting in lines, and leave a lighter footprint. You’ll learn the history and stories behind the world’s most iconic landmarks, immerse more deeply in the wonders of the natural world, and delight in genuine cultural engagement not possible in a larger group. It’s travel without a crowd.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Our tour guide was the best! He was knowledgeable about the country, always early, courteous and made us feel welcome in his country. Our tour had a side trip that was incredible due to our guide's particular experiences, The pick of our guide for our trip was absolutely perfect. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!