Why Pay Retail? Call us or click for a quick quote and save money!
Dates & Prices
Save 7% Off this Tour - Guaranteed!
Save $600 Off Worldwide Vacations
Save $600 Off Worldwide Vacations
Offer is valid on new bookings only and is only combinable with the family and friends savings offer, additional restrictions may apply. Offer may be withdrawn at anytime without notice.
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Applies to new bookings only. Offer combinable with pay-in-full discount. Certain restrictions may apply.
World Traveler Club Members
World Traveler Club Members
Member-Only savings. Exclusive repeat traveler discounts. Additional restrictions may apply.
Join Aboard M/Y Tucano
Built in the tradition of the steamboats that navigated the Amazon more than a century ago, the intimate M/Y Tucano is the perfect ship for deep exploration into the remote regions of the Amazon rainforest.
Day 1 - Day 1 - Welcome to Manaus, Brazil
|On arrival in Manaus, you’ll be warmly greeted and escorted to Villa Amazonia. In the heart of town, General Tours inviting hotel is set in a finely restored landmark building that dates back to the golden age of the Rubber Barons.|
Day 2 - Day 2 - Embark the Motor Yacht Tucano
|After a leisurely morning, you’ll step aboard the M/Y Tucano for your 4-night cruise deep into the wilds of the Amazon. With its unique open-air design and multiple windows in your cabin, you’ll be surrounded by the sights and sounds of the jungle as General Tours set sail up the Rio Negro. Late this afternoon finds your vessel navigating the vast Anavilhanas Archipelago, the largest collection of riverine islands on the planet. As conditions permit, join General Tours expert naturalists to explore the dense forests – alive with squirrel monkeys, howler monkeys, brightly colored Amazon birds, and an astonishing variety of tropical plants. Return to ship for hors d’oeuvres on the Observation Deck and sit down to a congenial dinner in the dining room. Tonight, weather permitting, you might set out in the M/Y Tucano’s launches for a thrilling night safari to search for nocturnal creatures like the crocodilian caiman. Meals B+L+D|
Day 3 - Day 3 - Diverse Ecosystems of the Amazon
|After breakfast onboard, you’ll step off ship this morning to explore the flora and fauna of the Igapó, a unique flooded ecosystem of dense forests rising from the dark, nutrient-rich waters of the Rio Negro. You can explore in a motorized launch or venture into the flooded forest by kayak Later, a hike through a high Amazon forest reveals the flora and fauna of a very different, much drier environment. Rainforest residents like the peccary and jaguar are elusive and often difficult to spot, but General Tours naturalist guides are experts at spotting and pointing out evidence of their passing – from spoor and prints to markings of their territory. Back onboard, General Tours expert naturalists are on-hand to answer questions and enrich your understanding and appreciation of the rainforest. Meals B+L+D|
Day 4 - Day 4 - Deeper into the Amazon
|Today’s excursions explore farther reaches of the Rio Negro, as General Tours vessel navigates into remote jungle areas rarely seen by others. As conditions permit, you’ll explore by launch, kayak and on guided forest walks. This evening, General Tours plan to sail up a small east bank tributary for a night safari deep in the Amazon. With sharp eyes and ears, you’ll see and hear the forest’s rich variety of nocturnal species. Meals B+L+D|
Day 5 - Day 5 - The Meeting of the Waters
|Arise early this morning for a guided excursion as the rainforest’s inhabitants awake to begin another day. It’s a lively time in the jungle and an ideal time to spot indigenous mammals and exotic birds. Return to the Tucano for a hearty breakfast and then rejoin General Tours expert naturalists for another morning activity. Weather and navigations permitting, you might even swim in the Rio Negro! Later this afternoon, you’ll want to be on deck as General Tours vessel navigates along the Encontra das Aguas, where the brown waters of the Amazon and the darker waters of the Rio Negro flow side-by-side for miles without mixing. Pink and grey river dolphins can often be observed cavorting along this stark line of contrasting currents. As the sun sets and the jungle begins to darken, we’ll return upstream and begin General Tours journey back toward Manaus. Back onboard, you might enjoy a Caipirinha, the traditional Brazilian cocktail, or maybe even learn to samba. This evening’s farewell dinner is an opportunity to share reflections on this unforgettable adventure. Meals B+L+D|
Day 6 - Day 6 - Tour Manaus + Fly to São Paulo
|After a final breakfast onboard, bid farewell to General Tours staff and crew as you disembark the Tucano in Manaus. Enjoy a guided tour of this vibrant river port – including the ornate Manaus Opera House; also known as the Teatro Amazonas, this iconic landmark was built more than a century ago by wealthy rubber barons. Then we’ll take you to the airport for your included flight to São Paulo where you’ll be assisted to the Marriott Airport Hotel, conveniently located for this overnight stay. Meals B|
Day 7 - Day 7 - Fly to Iguassu
|After breakfast, fly to Iguassu. On arrival, you’ll be met and escorted to the 5-star Belmond Das Cataratas, the only hotel located inside Brazil’s Iguassu National Park. While the region’s indigenous inhabitants certainly knew of its thundering beauty (Iguassu means “Big Water” in the local Guarani language), the Falls were officially “discovered” in 1541 by the Spanish Conquistador Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca. This afternoon, you’ll join General Tours expert guide for an in-depth tour encompassing the breathtaking view points on the Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls. With General Tours hotel’s privileged location inside the National Park, you can continue exploring on your own even after the Park has closed. Meals B|
Day 8 - Day 8 - Majesty of Iguassu Falls… From the Argentine Side
|Extensive full-day exploration with General Tours expert naturalists takes you to all the best vantage points on the Argentine side of Iguassu Falls . At the famed Devil’s Throat Cataract, the towering spray often acts like a prism – creating thousands of rainbows suspended in the air. This evening, you can continue to take advantage of General Tours hotel’s privileged location to explore the national park after it’s been closed to other visitors! Meals B|
Day 9 - Day 9 - Departure
|After a leisurely breakfast, you’ll visit Parque de Aves, where 40 acres of sub-tropical rainforest provide habitat for 150 species of exotic birds including parrots, toucans, eagles and owls. Then we’ll take you to the airport for your onward journey. Meals B|
Additional Packages Available
Please call us for pricing and availability for the packages listed below:
Hygiene and Safety Protocols for Alexander Roberts Tours
Committed to Your Well Being While You’re With Alexander Roberts
- All Alexander Roberts' staff will maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times, so expect a warm and genuine greeting but not a handshake or a hug!
- All high-touch surfaces in coaches and private cars – like door handles, railings, arm rests, and window controls – will be sanitized each morning and regularly throughout the day.
- Alexander Roberts' expert guides and drivers will don face masks whenever in proximity to guests.
- Alexander Roberts staff have been trained on Extra Care procedures – and how to respond to issues that may arise as you travel.
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitizer will be available in all vehicles while touring.
- Larger luxury motorcoaches so each traveler will have two seats to themselves while touring.
- Private airport transfers with a spacious luxury vehicle when you come and go for every tour
- Regular and frequent sanitizing of all high-touch vehicle surfaces.
- Prearranged entry for all sightseeing minimizes standing in line with other travelers.
- Whisper Headsets for groups of 5 or more allow for proper physical distancing while sightseeing, except for certain nature activities in remote areas like the Amazon.
- Alexander Roberts carefully selects restaurants to avoid crowded high-capacity venues; Alexander Roberts emphasizes fine farm-to-table dining with attentive and efficient service – and the choice to dine al fresco whenever available.
- No large-group dining; enjoy more spacious dining settings and smaller, well-spaced tables for included meals.
- Restaurant staff will follow the guidance of local health authorities and WHO protocols which may include facial coverings.
- Alexander Roberts' hotels are always selected for their outstanding locations, evocative ambiance, impeccable service – and cleanliness.
- OAlexander Roberts' partners include the most respected luxury brands – like Belmond, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, Kempinski and JW Marriott; they are now leading the industry with their sophisticated hygiene standards and protocols to ensure the well being of all their guests.
- Hotels will be continuously and rigorously vetted to ensure that they are following established WHO guidelines including social distancing and sanitizing procedures of guestrooms and public spaces.
- Hotel breakfasts will usually feature à la carte service and group seating will be replaced by smaller, appropriately distanced tables.
In a Small Group of Never More than 16 Guests or on a Privately Guided Tour for just your traveling party, their experienced guides have the flexibility to adjust your sightseeing based upon local conditions – to avoid times of heaviest traffic and crowding, for example. Alexander Roberts can dine in smaller authentic restaurants, minimize the time waiting in lines, and leave a lighter footprint. You’ll learn the history and stories behind the world’s most iconic landmarks, immerse more deeply in the wonders of the natural world, and delight in genuine cultural engagement not possible in a larger group. It’s travel without a crowd.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Similar Tours Other Travelers Liked
|10 Day Classic Brazil & Argentina - Thursday Departure||Gate1|
|Brazil & Argentina Escape 2020||Globus|
|Brazil & Argentina Escape 2021||Globus|
|South America Getaway 2020||Globus|
|South America Getaway 2021||Globus|
Our tour guide was the best! He was knowledgeable about the country, always early, courteous and made us feel welcome in his country. Our tour had a side trip that was incredible due to our guide's particular experiences, The pick of our guide for our trip was absolutely perfect. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!