Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Offers||Brochure|
|Oct 02, 2021||Oct 09, 2021||Deals||Get Lower Price||Get Quote|
|Mar 21, 2022||Mar 28, 2022||Deals||Get Lower Price||Get Quote|
|Apr 20, 2022||Apr 27, 2022||Deals||Get Lower Price||Get Quote|
|Sep 21, 2022||Sep 28, 2022||Deals||Get Lower Price||Get Quote|
|Oct 12, 2022||Oct 19, 2022||Deals||Get Lower Price||Get Quote|
Save 7% Off this Tour - Guaranteed!
$1000 Off Pay-In-Full Savings
$1000 Off Pay-In-Full Savings
Discounted rates are per person, double occupancy. Offer applies to new bookings only. Full payment is due at time of booking. Additional restrictions may apply. Offer is capacity controlled and may be removed at anytime without notice.
Fully Refundable Land Deposit
Fully Refundable Land Deposit
Offer applies to new bookings only. Full payment is due at time of booking. Additional restrictions may apply. Offer is capacity controlled and may be removed at anytime without notice. Some exclusions may apply. Call for details.
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Applies to new bookings only. Offer combinable with pay-in-full discount. Certain restrictions may apply.
Day 1 - Welcome to SeoulOn arrival at the airport, you’ll be warmly greeted and escorted into the heart of the capital to General Tours luxury hotel. Settle in to your Premier King guestroom and enjoy the rest of this day to relax, explore and enjoy as you wish.
Day 2 - Discover Seoul… Past + PresentYour guided exploration into Korea’s rich history begins at the resplendent 500-year-old Gyeongbokgung Palace where you’ll see the Royal Changing of the Guard, a colorful spectacle that traces its roots to 1469! On the grounds of the Palace, the National Folk Museum offers fascinating insight into Korean history and culture. Stroll along the streets and alleys of Insadong, home to numerous antique shops and handicraft galleries, and then explore Gwangjang Market. Established in 1905, this was the country’s first daily market and although it’s become popular with visitors from abroad, it’s still where local residents come to shop for the finest quality silks, textiles, beddings and handicrafts. And with numerous food vendors specializing in traditional Korean snacks, it’s also a foodie’s paradise! Meals B
Day 3 - Visit the DMZ + Panmunjom in the Joint Security AreaToday we’ve included guided sightseeing that will take you to both the Demilitarized Zone and also to Panmunjom in the Joint Security Area. The day begins with General Tours transfer to Camp Kim where you’ll join this organized group tour. When the Korean War ended in 1953, the North Korean village of Panmunjom was designated as the one place where officials from both sides could meet – which is exactly what happened on January 9, 2018 when delegates from both the North and South gathered for face-to-face talks. It’s a fascinating place where time seems to have stopped 65 years ago at the height of the Cold War. From the Dora Observatory, located in the DMZ on the South Korean side of the 38th Parallel, you’ll be able to see the spectacularly rugged Geumgangsan Diamond Mountains as well as North Korean military personnel. Not far from the Observatory is the infamous Third Tunnel; discovered in October 1978, this is one of four known tunnels under the border between North and South Korea. Back in Seoul, the balance of your evening is at leisure to dine and enjoy as you wish. Meals B
Day 4 - By Rail to BusanAfter breakfast and checkout, we'll take you to the rail station where you’ll board the high-speed KTX Train. Enjoy comfortable VIP Seating on the journey to Busan where you’ll be escorted to General Tours 5-star hotel. This afternoon’s city tour explores this bustling Pacific port, the second largest city in Korea. Your sightseeing begins at the historic Gukje Market, founded by refugees from the Korean War who fled to Busan and set up their market stalls as a way to make their living. Next up is Jagalchi Fish Market, the country’s largest seafood market where you’ll see hundreds of vendors, many with fresh and saltwater tanks, selling a remarkable variety of fish - along with eels, squid and shellfish. It’s a terrific way to experience local customs and daily life. Then ascend Busan Tower for breathtaking views of the city and its lovely setting between mountains and sea. End your sightseeing at the Oryukdo Sky Walk, a glass-floored platform that extends from a rocky cliff high above the ocean! Return to your hotel where your evening is free. Meals B
Day 5 - Onward to GyeongjuThis morning’s scenic 90-minute drive takes you north to Gyeongju. Here in the ancient capital of the Silla Dynasty, your exploration begins with General Tours unique cultural experience at the historic Golgulsa Temple, built into the sides of a rocky cliff amidst forested mountain slopes. Observe a morning training session in Sunmudo, a Korean martial art that has surged in popularity over the past few decades; the adventurous can even participate! You’ll also have a chance to engage with Buddhist monks and to learn about various practices from meditation to the art of the Korean tea ceremony. Enjoy a traditional Buddhist lunch here at the Temple before General Tours afternoon sightseeing including the ancient Royal Tombs at Daereungwon and the Gyeongju National Museum where an extensive collection of artifacts offers insight into the Silla Dynasty that endured for nearly 1,000 years. End your touring at Anapji Pond; originally part of an ancient palace complex of the 7th century, you’ll discover a tranquil body of water surrounded by forests and lovely pavilions. Meals B+L
Day 6 - Discover Ancient GyeongjuToday's exploration into Korea’s ancient past begins at Bulguksa Temple , an exquisite complex of ancient wooden pavilions and pagodas built on stone terraces amidst picturesque forests and hills. At Seokguram Grotto , established in the 8th century, you’ll behold a monumental statue of Buddha looking out toward the seacoast. With their picturesque setting on the slopes of Mt. Tohamsan, both the Temple and Grotto are recognized by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites for their architectural and religious significance. Then learn about the ancient traditions and techniques of highly-prized Korean ceramics as you join a hands-on pottery making workshop. After your finished piece has been fired, we’ve made special arrangements for it to be shipped directly to your home – a wonderful memento of your travels! Meals B
Day 7 - Back to Seoul + A Taste of KoreaAfter breakfast and checkout, you'll be escorted to the rail station. Board the high-speed KTX Train and settle in to your comfortable VIP Seats for the journey to Seoul where you’ll be met and escorted once again to the luxury Four Seasons Hotel. This afternoon’s culinary experience begins in a city market where you’ll learn how to select the right ingredients and freshest produce for your hands-on cooking class. In the company of an expert chef, this congenial activity will include a variety of traditional Korean favorites – maybe some savory Japchae noodles, the classic rice dish Bibimbap, or even grilled Bulgogi. This delightful afternoon ends as you sit down to dinner with your fellow students to enjoy the dishes you’ve prepared. Meals B+D
Day 8 - Depart SeoulWe’ll take you to the airport today for your onward journey. Meals B
Health and Safety Protocols for Alexander Roberts Tours
Committed to Your Well Being While You’re With Alexander Roberts
- All Alexander Roberts' staff will maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times, so expect a warm and genuine greeting but not a handshake or a hug!
- All high-touch surfaces in coaches and private cars – like door handles, railings, arm rests, and window controls – will be sanitized each morning and regularly throughout the day.
- Alexander Roberts' expert guides and drivers will don face masks whenever in proximity to guests.
- Alexander Roberts staff have been trained on Extra Care procedures – and how to respond to issues that may arise as you travel.
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitizer will be available in all vehicles while touring.
- Larger luxury motorcoaches so each traveler will have two seats to themselves while touring.
- Private airport transfers with a spacious luxury vehicle when you come and go for every tour
- Regular and frequent sanitizing of all high-touch vehicle surfaces.
- Prearranged entry for all sightseeing minimizes standing in line with other travelers.
- Whisper Headsets for groups of 5 or more allow for proper physical distancing while sightseeing, except for certain nature activities in remote areas like the Amazon.
- Alexander Roberts carefully selects restaurants to avoid crowded high-capacity venues; Alexander Roberts emphasizes fine farm-to-table dining with attentive and efficient service – and the choice to dine al fresco whenever available.
- No large-group dining; enjoy more spacious dining settings and smaller, well-spaced tables for included meals.
- Restaurant staff will follow the guidance of local health authorities and WHO protocols which may include facial coverings.
- Alexander Roberts' hotels are always selected for their outstanding locations, evocative ambiance, impeccable service – and cleanliness.
- OAlexander Roberts' partners include the most respected luxury brands – like Belmond, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, Kempinski and JW Marriott; they are now leading the industry with their sophisticated hygiene standards and protocols to ensure the well being of all their guests.
- Hotels will be continuously and rigorously vetted to ensure that they are following established WHO guidelines including social distancing and sanitizing procedures of guestrooms and public spaces.
- Hotel breakfasts will usually feature à la carte service and group seating will be replaced by smaller, appropriately distanced tables.
In a Small Group of Never More than 16 Guests or on a Privately Guided Tour for just your traveling party, their experienced guides have the flexibility to adjust your sightseeing based upon local conditions – to avoid times of heaviest traffic and crowding, for example. Alexander Roberts can dine in smaller authentic restaurants, minimize the time waiting in lines, and leave a lighter footprint. You’ll learn the history and stories behind the world’s most iconic landmarks, immerse more deeply in the wonders of the natural world, and delight in genuine cultural engagement not possible in a larger group. It’s travel without a crowd.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Our tour guide was the best! He was knowledgeable about the country, always early, courteous and made us feel welcome in his country. Our tour had a side trip that was incredible due to our guide's particular experiences, The pick of our guide for our trip was absolutely perfect. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!