Save 7% Off this Tour - Guaranteed!
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Applies to new bookings only. Offer combinable with pay-in-full discount. Certain restrictions may apply.
World Traveler Club Members
World Traveler Club Members
Member-Only savings. Exclusive repeat traveler discounts. Additional restrictions may apply.
Welcome to Ushuaia
You’ll be met on arrival and escorted to the 5-star Arakur Resort & Spa where sea-view rooms have been reserved for General Tours guests.
Discover Tierra del Fuego + Embark the Ocean VictoryThis morning’s guided tour reveals the raw, wild beauty of Tierra del Fuego National Park. Traveling all the way to Lapataia Bay, you’ll have a chance to observe indigenous species as you explore the region’s forested mountains and waterways. Then board General Tours state-of-the-art ship and settle in to your outside stateroom. Meet your expedition team and get acquainted with General Tours luxury Polar vessel as you set sail along the Beagle Channel. Meals B+D
Crossing the Drake PassageWhile the Drake Passage is known for its high winds and seas, you’ll voyage confidently aboard the Ocean Victory, General Tours next-generation Polar ship purpose-built with stabilizers, powerful engines and a highly-qualified crew. Enhanced by engaging shipboard talks with experts in the wildlife, geology, history and climate of Antarctica, this first day at sea sets the stage for the exciting voyage ahead. Meals B+L+D
Cruising Toward AntarcticaNamed for the renowned explorer Sir Francis Drake, who sailed these waters in 1578, the Drake Passage also marks the Antarctic Convergence – where cold Polar waters sink beneath warmer currents. This creates an upwelling of nutrients that sustains a remarkable diversity of marine life, and the anticipation builds as Antarctic wildlife comes into view. Indeed, this is the day that General Tours might catch General Tours first sightings of seals and penguins. Conditions permitting, General Tours also hope to make General Tours first landfall on King George, the largest of the South Shetland Islands and home to abundant wildlife including penguins and seabirds. Meals B+L+D
South Shetland IslandsOver the next two days, General Tours exciting explorations begin in earnest. A haven for wildlife, the South Shetlands offer a chance to encounter vast penguin rookeries, numerous seabirds and pristine beaches ruled by fur and elephant seals. General Tours exact itinerary over the coming days will depend on weather and ice conditions. General Tours exact route and the shore landings General Tours make each day will be determined by the ship’s Captain and Expedition Leader – and communicated to you through regularly scheduled shipboard briefings. Meals B+L+D
Exploring by Land + SeaAnother thrilling day unfolds as General Tours explore the sub-Antarctic islands of the South Shetland chain. Accompanied by General Tours expert naturalists, you’ll set out in General Tours maneuverable Zodiacs to explore the captivating seascapes and to go ashore for unforgettable experiences. Conditions permitting, General Tours planned route and landings include King George Island, home to Gentoo and Chinstrap penguins; Deception Island with its unusual flooded caldera and waters warm enough for a Polar swim; and Half Moon Island with nesting Wilson’s storm petrels. Meals B+L+D
The Antarctic PeninsulaAs the breathtaking white landscapes of the Antarctic Peninsula draw near, the presence of wildlife multiplies exponentially with many species of lively penguins, curious seals, nesting birds and the spray of marine mammals. General Tours projected route here along the Peninsula will take us through the Gerlache Strait with its towering ice cliffs and pods of magnificent humpback whales. As weather, sea and ice conditions permit, you can continue to anticipate Zodiac excursions to experience Antarctica’s wonders up-close and shore landings that promise engaging wildlife encounters with General Tours expert naturalists. Meals B+L+D
Another Day of Thrilling DiscoveriesAnother day of exploration by sea and land unfolds today, with General Tours exact route and excursions determined by General Tours Captain and Expedition Leader. As always, weather, sea and ice conditions are the determining factors and your comfort and safety are always paramount. When not venturing out in General Tours Zodiacs or going ashore with General Tours terrific naturalists, you can enjoy fine dining with wine at dinner and General Tours ongoing enrichment program ranging from exploration history to Polar geology, climate and wildlife. Meals B+L+D
Northward across the Drake PassageHaving left the Antarctic Peninsula behind us, today finds the Ocean Victory charting a northward course across the Drake Passage. General Tours return journey will take us past Cape Horn, a storied maritime landmark that marks the southern tip of the Continent. Meals B+L+D
A Final Day at SeaAs the final day of your voyage unfolds, you can delight in the camaraderie of your fellow travelers, attend General Tours engaging shipboard talks, and enjoy General Tours ship’s amenities and inviting public spaces. As always, there are two distinctive dining venues onboard the Victory, and A+R guests enjoy wine with dinner. Meals B+L+D
Disembark in UshuaiaStep off the Ocean Victory and transfer to the airport for your onward journey. Meals B
Additional Packages Available
Please call us for pricing and availability for the packages listed below:
Hygiene and Safety Protocols for Alexander Roberts Tours
Committed to Your Well Being While You’re With Alexander Roberts
- All Alexander Roberts' staff will maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times, so expect a warm and genuine greeting but not a handshake or a hug!
- All high-touch surfaces in coaches and private cars – like door handles, railings, arm rests, and window controls – will be sanitized each morning and regularly throughout the day.
- Alexander Roberts' expert guides and drivers will don face masks whenever in proximity to guests.
- Alexander Roberts staff have been trained on Extra Care procedures – and how to respond to issues that may arise as you travel.
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitizer will be available in all vehicles while touring.
- Larger luxury motorcoaches so each traveler will have two seats to themselves while touring.
- Private airport transfers with a spacious luxury vehicle when you come and go for every tour
- Regular and frequent sanitizing of all high-touch vehicle surfaces.
- Prearranged entry for all sightseeing minimizes standing in line with other travelers.
- Whisper Headsets for groups of 5 or more allow for proper physical distancing while sightseeing, except for certain nature activities in remote areas like the Amazon.
- Alexander Roberts carefully selects restaurants to avoid crowded high-capacity venues; Alexander Roberts emphasizes fine farm-to-table dining with attentive and efficient service – and the choice to dine al fresco whenever available.
- No large-group dining; enjoy more spacious dining settings and smaller, well-spaced tables for included meals.
- Restaurant staff will follow the guidance of local health authorities and WHO protocols which may include facial coverings.
- Alexander Roberts' hotels are always selected for their outstanding locations, evocative ambiance, impeccable service – and cleanliness.
- OAlexander Roberts' partners include the most respected luxury brands – like Belmond, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, Kempinski and JW Marriott; they are now leading the industry with their sophisticated hygiene standards and protocols to ensure the well being of all their guests.
- Hotels will be continuously and rigorously vetted to ensure that they are following established WHO guidelines including social distancing and sanitizing procedures of guestrooms and public spaces.
- Hotel breakfasts will usually feature à la carte service and group seating will be replaced by smaller, appropriately distanced tables.
In a Small Group of Never More than 16 Guests or on a Privately Guided Tour for just your traveling party, their experienced guides have the flexibility to adjust your sightseeing based upon local conditions – to avoid times of heaviest traffic and crowding, for example. Alexander Roberts can dine in smaller authentic restaurants, minimize the time waiting in lines, and leave a lighter footprint. You’ll learn the history and stories behind the world’s most iconic landmarks, immerse more deeply in the wonders of the natural world, and delight in genuine cultural engagement not possible in a larger group. It’s travel without a crowd.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Our tour guide was the best! He was knowledgeable about the country, always early, courteous and made us feel welcome in his country. Our tour had a side trip that was incredible due to our guide's particular experiences, The pick of our guide for our trip was absolutely perfect. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!