Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Offers||Brochure|
Oct 19, 2023
Oct 27, 2023
Nov 02, 2023
Nov 10, 2023
Nov 09, 2023
Nov 17, 2023
Nov 23, 2023
Dec 01, 2023
Nov 30, 2023
Dec 08, 2023
Dec 21, 2023
Dec 29, 2023
Dec 28, 2023
Jan 05, 2024
Jan 04, 2024
Jan 12, 2024
Feb 01, 2024
Feb 09, 2024
Feb 15, 2024
Feb 23, 2024
Mar 07, 2024
Mar 15, 2024
Mar 21, 2024
Mar 29, 2024
Apr 04, 2024
Apr 12, 2024
Apr 18, 2024
Apr 26, 2024
Apr 25, 2024
May 03, 2024
May 02, 2024
May 10, 2024
May 16, 2024
May 24, 2024
May 30, 2024
Jun 07, 2024
Jun 06, 2024
Jun 14, 2024
Jun 20, 2024
Jun 28, 2024
Jul 04, 2024
Jul 12, 2024
Jul 18, 2024
Jul 26, 2024
Jul 25, 2024
Aug 02, 2024
Aug 08, 2024
Aug 16, 2024
Aug 22, 2024
Aug 30, 2024
Sep 05, 2024
Sep 13, 2024
Sep 19, 2024
Sep 27, 2024
Oct 03, 2024
Oct 11, 2024
Oct 17, 2024
Oct 25, 2024
Oct 31, 2024
Nov 08, 2024
Nov 14, 2024
Nov 22, 2024
Nov 28, 2024
Dec 06, 2024
Dec 05, 2024
Dec 13, 2024
Dec 12, 2024
Dec 20, 2024
Dec 19, 2024
Dec 27, 2024
Dec 26, 2024
Jan 03, 2025
Call or submit a quote for award-winning value and service!
Last Minute Travel Deals
Last Minute Travel Deals
Valid on select departure dates only. Discount is reflected on website pricing. Offer is capacity controlled and may be modified or withdrawn at any time. Applicable to new bookings only. Other restrictions may apply.
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Avoid fees and frustration with cancellations up to 56 days before departure on select eligible trips and easy deposit transfer.
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Take in the highlights of the unique flora- and fauna-rich islands of the Galapagos on this eight-day adventure. From rubbing shoulders with giant tortoises to gazing up in wonder at the spectacular blue-footed boobies' synchronised fishing technique, the Galapagos offers the chance to see an abundance of rare creatures at close range. We'll show you the best islands, coves and natural wonders, and give you plenty of time to explore (with local advice!) so you can spend your time the way you want. Snorkel with sea lions, swim with sea turtles and relax in paradise.
QuitoBienvenidos! Welcome to Quito, Ecuador. Your trip begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm. If you arrive with some time to spare before the meeting, consider exploring the city on an Urban Adventure like the Quito Market Discovery.
Isla San CristobalTransfer to the airport and board your flight around midday (an Intrepid representative will provide detailed flight times on the evening of Day 1 during the welcome meeting). Arrive in Isla San Cristobal and meet your leader at the arrivals lounge. Meet the travellers who began their journey in the Galapagos Islands and get straight into it with a visit to the Interpretation Centre to learn about the human and natural history of the archipelago. Afterwards, go for your first snorkel at Tijeretas, a small cove where you can swim with sea turtles, rays, and sea lions!
Isla San CristobalEnjoy a free day on Isla San Cristobal. You may also like to take an optional boat ride to Kicker Rock or Isla Lobos – one of the most recommended activities. You'll be able to observe the famous Galapagos marine life along the way as well as the opportunity to go snorkelling with sea turtles, eagle rays and the harmless Galapagos shark, just to name a few.
Isla Santa CruzEarly in the morning, take a 2.5-hour public speed boat ride to Isla Santa Cruz. On arrival, have breakfast and settle into the hotel before a mid-morning visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station. The station's visitor centre and museums contain information about the islands and the conservation efforts being made to preserve the unique ecosystem here. It's also a great place to have close encounters with giant tortoises. In the afternoon, head to the higher part of the islands to observe these giants roaming in their natural habitat.
Isla IsabelaToday you’ll travel to Isla Isabela where you’ll check-in to the hotel and enjoy breakfast. The island is the largest in the Galapagos and one of the most volcanically active places on earth. You have a free day here to explore at your own pace. A worthwhile optional activity today is an excursion to Las Tintoreras, where white-tipped sharks rest during the day and marine iguanas nest.
Isla IsabelaStart the day with a visit to the Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre for a close encounter with these placid giants. Here you can see tortoises in different stages of development as well learn about the preservation program of this unique species. Take a bus to the highest part of Isabela Island where Sierra Negra Volcano is located. Weather permitting, go for a hike up to the crater to enjoy spectacular views and the possibility of sighting the rare vermillion flycatcher. The challenging 17-kilometre hike takes between 5—6 hours, but at the top you'll be able to enjoy spectacular views. After the hike, make your way back to town in the late afternoon for some free time to curl up with a book or venture down to the water for a relaxing swim before dinner.
Isla Santa CruzTravel back to Santa Cruz in the morning and enjoy some free time. Consider taking part in some of the optional activities available, such as an excursion to Tortuga Bay, an immaculate natural paradise where you can go kayaking, observe marine iguanas and birds or swim with harmless sharks in an alcove.After lunch (own expense), jump on a boat to La Loberia where you can swim in the waters that the area’s sea lions call home. Then, it’s off to Punta Estrada to observe birds like blue-footed boobies and pelicans. Finally, visit Playa de Los Dogs to see a large number of iguanas, the only sea-going lizard in the world that lives in these volcanic landscapes.
QuitoSay goodbye to these enchanting islands and your Galapagos leader. The flight back to Quito leaves at midday and stops in Guayaquil en-route to Quito. You should arrive in Quito in the early evening (4-5pm). A representative from Intrepid will take you from the airport to your hotel. Enjoy a free evening in Quito.
QuitoThere are no activities planned for the final day. If you want to spend more time in Quito, speak to an Intrepid booking agent to secure extra accommodation (subject to availability). You can get to know the city on an Urban Adventure. See urbanadventures.com for details.
- Isla San Cristobal - Interpretation Center (45 minutes)
- Isla San Cristobal - Snorkelling in Tijeretas Hill
- Isla Santa Cruz - Highlands Visit (1.5 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Santa Cruz - Charles Darwin Research Centre (45 Minutes)
- Isla Isabela - Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre (1 Hour)
- Isla Isabela - Sierra Negra Volcano Hike (5-6 Hours)
- Santa Cruz Marine Reserves - Half Day Boat Tour
5 Breakfast(s) Included
Health and Safety Protocols for Intrepid Travel Tours
Protection against COVID-19 as well as other transmissible diseases requires enhanced protocols in hygiene and sanitation. We will put in place additional measures, in line with government health advice and with global health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to ensure that we maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Handwashing is one of the most important safety measures to prevent the spread of disease. Intrepid will actively reinforce its importance by:
- Implementing a handwashing policy that dictates when, how often and for how long all staff, leaders and crew must wash their hands on-trip.
- Promote the importance of hand hygiene to customers through signage and online customer material.
- Contract suppliers that have hand hygiene protocols in place
- Contract suppliers that provide hand sanitizer in public places (where applicable)
- Educate staff, leaders, crew and suppliers on the importance of hand hygiene via training.
Practicing good respiratory hygiene prevents the spread of disease by reducing the number of droplets in the air when you sneeze or cough. Intrepid will:
- Actively reinforce its importance to customers through signage and online customer material.
- Educate staff, leaders, crew and suppliers on the importance of respiratory hygiene via training.
- Contract suppliers who have respiratory hygiene protocols in place.
In addition, in areas with high community transmission and/or places that are difficult to maintain physical distancing, we recommend the the following at-risk people also wear them. Intrepid follows the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) that masks should only be used as part of a comprehensive prevention strategy and that the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Physical distancing, hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene must also form part of the strategy.
On our trips, regardless of destination, the following people must wear medical/surgical masks:
- Anyone who develops symptoms of COVID-19 regardless of whether or not they have been tested yet.
- People caring for people with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases (outside of hospitals/clinics).
In addition, in areas with high community transmission and/or places that are difficult to maintain physical distancing, we recommend the following at-risk people also wear them.
- People over 60
- People with underlying health conditions
- Provide medical/surgical masks as part of the First Aid Kits carried by leaders.
- Educate leaders, crew, staff and customers on the correct method to wear, handle and dispose of a mask.
- Require all customers, leaders and staff to comply with any local regulations or requirements that require the use of a mask in public or in certain places
Intrepid follows the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) that it is not necessary for the public to wear fabric masks generally.
However in certain circumstances, in places where community transmission of COVID-19 is high and/or physical distancing is not possible (e.g. on public transport, in shops or in other confined environments) then a fabric mask can be a useful barrier to prevent the spread of virus.
Fabric masks be purchased commercially or handmade and are generally not standardized like medical masks. Fabric masks should:
- Cover the nose, mouth, and chin
- Be secured with elastic loops or ties
- Include multiple layers
- Be washable and reusable.
Protection against COVID-19, as well as other transmissible diseases, requires enhanced sanitation processes. Intrepid will take the following measures:
- Require all suppliers to detail their cleaning and sanitation protocols
- Audit/monitor all suppliers on their cleanliness and sanitation.
- All cleaning and disinfecting products must be approved by health authorities (e.g. WHO).
- All rooms must be thoroughly cleaned between guests with all high touch surfaces in shared areas regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer should be available in public areas.
- There must be a process in place for customers to escalate any concerns regarding hygiene or sanitation.
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
- All tents must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between use.
- If staying at a campground, ensure all bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and paper towels. If the area is remote, with limited facilities and/or minimal staffing, then customers should be informed to bring their own hygiene equipment.
- All mini buses, transfers, charters, overland trucks must be thoroughly cleaned between guests with all high touch surfaces in shared areas regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer should be made available
- Close top bins with bin liners should be available on board and disposed of at every stop
- Must be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day
- Tables and chairs must be disinfected after each guest use
- Avoid buffets where possible. If buffets are used, prevent customers from handling food and operating machines (e.g. self-serve coffee stations)
- Either disinfect shared use objects (e.g. table salt) between guest use. Where possible, Intrepid will try to source safe alternatives to single serve packaging.
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
- Preferred: Provide hand sanitizer to guests at the door before entry
- All equipment must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guest us
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
- Limiting the number of surfaces touched by large numbers of people helps prevent the spread of disease. Therefore, it is important to proactively move towards contactless or low touch solutions for travel. Intrepid will:
- Prioritise contactless/low touch as a key feature when sourcing new tech or solutions.
- Remove any paperwork required on the ground (e.g. signing forms, feedback cards)
- If details must be entered using a shared device (e.g. insurance details), then it must be disinfected between each customer. Preference is to move entirely to digital solutions.
- Accommodation should provide online check in (no paperwork)
- Contactless keys (e.g. QR codes)
- Contactless tech (e.g. lights)
- Online ticketing for attractions and transport
- Online payment
Physical distancing is important in preventing the spread of COVID-19 as it can be transmitted via droplets sprayed when coughing, sneezing, singing, yelling etc…
Intrepid will take the following measures:
- Require all suppliers to detail their physical distancing protocols
- Follow local regulations and advice on the need for physical distancing.
- Intrepid operates product that is based on twin share accommodation and allows single travellers the chance to share accommodation with a stranger.
- We will continue to offer this as an option. Single supplements are available for single travellers who do not wish to share a room. We will work closely with accommodation suppliers to ensure increased availability of single rooms.
- Consider whether it is appropriate to offer single tents for solo travellers as customers will be much closer together than in a traditional room.
- Consider whether staggering meal times may reduce the number of people sharing a dining tent.
- Intrepid will consider the following factors when designing or amending transport options on trips.
- Local laws or requirements regarding physical distancing on transport
- Hygiene protocols of the transport provider
- Level of active community transmission in the destination
- Using designated seating on transport. Customers have assigned seats throughout the trip.
- If trip is longer than 15 minutes and air conditioning is available, it must be set to external airflow rather than to recirculation or windows should be opened for the duration of the trip.
- Designing or amending itineraries to reduce the duration of travel.
- Increasing the size of the vehicle, using multiple vehicles.
- Educate all leaders, crew, staff and customers to maintain a 1.5m distance wherever practical in public (e.g. queueing at a museum).
- Proactively design product to avoid crowds by visiting attractions at off-peak times.
- Proactively design product to avoid crowds on public transport or at airports where practical.
- Follow local regulations on table spacing and guest seating in restaurants. Wherever possible, try to ensure groups are sitting at their own table without strangers in restaurants.
- Proactively design product that focuses on experiences that assist with physical distancing (e.g. picnics over crowded marketplaces) if relevant for that destination.
Screening for COVID-19 helps isolate anyone with COVID-19 symptoms and stops the spread of disease. It is likely to become more common for future travellers.
Pre-Departure (Brand Material)
Customers should be informed as part of ‘Essential Trip Information (ETIs) or other similar trip notes if their trip is likely to include any of the following:
- Testing for COVID-19 before being able to pass through immigration and/or board planes.
- Negative test results to be uploaded for visa purposes.
- Thermal temperature checks in airports, train or bus stations, major hotels or attractions.
Pre-departure, all customers are required to fill out an online questionnaire (“self- declaration/assessment” form) to identify any high-risk customers before travel.
Extra qualifiers will be included to address customers with symptoms that can be contributed to pre-existing conditions (e.g. breathlessness to asthma).
Customers answering YES to any question should be removed from the departure and appropriate arrangements made.
Intrepid will not require a negative COVID-19 test as proof of health from customers or leaders at this stage unless it is required by local law or regulations.
This is partially due to the lack of availability of testing for people with no symptoms in many parts of the world and may change in due course.
- Ask customers, leaders, crew and staff to monitor their own health
- Display appropriate signage on COVID-19 symptoms
- Educate leaders, crew and staff on how to identify COVID-19 symptoms
- Describe COVID-19 symptoms in group meetings
If customers, leaders or crew show symptoms of COVID-19 and are either unable to or unwilling to be tested, Intrepid reserves the right to remove them from our trips to prevent any risk to others.
Flexible Booking Conditions
Customers will be supported by flexible booking conditions to stay home if unwell or displaying symptoms
Flexible Work Conditions
Intrepid will support leaders and crew to stay home rather than lead a trip if they are unwell or displaying symptoms. Schedules will need to be created with back up availability of leaders/crew.
Data Collection & Health Tracking
Intrepid will assist government health departments in tracking and tracing any customers, staff, leaders, crew or suppliers at risk of contracting COVID-19 via exposure to a known case and/or outbreak by providing relevant details in line with privacy laws and regulations.
COVID Tracking apps
Intrepid strongly recommends that customers and staff download COVID tracking apps (e.g. COVIDSafe in Australia, StayHomeSafe in Hong Kong) to assist in reducing the spread of disease within their communities.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Our tour guide was wonderful. She was knowledgeable, fun, energetic, and made our week run very smoothly. The trip itself was fantastic! We saw a lot and the islands are absolutely beautiful. Great food, great new friends made on the tour, and would absolutely book with Intrepid again.
Intrepid tour is great company. Will use this company again.
The trip was both both educational and exciting. I very much enjoyed the sights and culture.
The itinerary was just as I expected! The guide was very good as were the accomodations
Intrepid did such a great job. I never had to worry about where I was supposed to be and it felt so good not to worry about a thing but just to enjoy myself. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about culture and history.
Taiwan people very friendly. Accommodation were centrally located and easily accessible. Did extra activities then in brochure which was greatly.
Larus our tour guide did an excellent job and was very attentive to our needs. He is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor.
Our guide Tarang chandola was exceptional. Courteous, knowledgeable, organized, polite, professional and went above and beyond taking care of our needs and requests offen anticipating what that might be. He made sure we all had the best possible time and offered suggestions to meet the needs of everyone on the tour. This made the trip even more enjoyable.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!