Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Offers||Brochure|
|Sep 29, 2021||Oct 02, 2021||Call Us||$635||Get Quote|
|Oct 08, 2021||Oct 11, 2021||Call Us||$635||Get Quote|
|Apr 20, 2022||Apr 23, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|May 04, 2022||May 07, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|May 18, 2022||May 21, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|Jun 03, 2022||Jun 06, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|Jun 10, 2022||Jun 13, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|Jun 22, 2022||Jun 25, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|Jun 29, 2022||Jul 02, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|Jul 01, 2022||Jul 04, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|Jul 15, 2022||Jul 18, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|Jul 29, 2022||Aug 01, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|Aug 12, 2022||Aug 15, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|Aug 24, 2022||Aug 27, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|Aug 31, 2022||Sep 03, 2022||Call Us||$870||Get Quote|
|Sep 09, 2022||Sep 12, 2022||Call Us||$800||Get Quote|
|Sep 16, 2022||Sep 19, 2022||Call Us||$655||Get Quote|
|Sep 23, 2022||Sep 26, 2022||Call Us||$655||Get Quote|
|Oct 05, 2022||Oct 08, 2022||Call Us||$655||Get Quote|
|Oct 12, 2022||Oct 15, 2022||Call Us||$655||Get Quote|
Call or submit a quote for award-winning value and service!
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan. Change your plans up to 21 days before your trip
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Explore the stunning windswept cliffs and headlands of Cornwall on this four-day Intrepid Retreats experience. Breakaway from the every day on the southwest coast with this unpack-once getaway. You'll soak up the views of sun, sand and sea both from your comfortable, family-run accommodation, and on memorable walks through the history and nature of this proper 'ansom section of Cornish countryside. Enjoy the time to slow down and get to know the places you visit, using the insider knowledge of your local host to discover the backstreets of these harbour towns, feasting on fresh seafood - and a Cornish pasty or two - along the way.
Cornwall / NewquayWelcome to your seaside escape in Newquay here in the north of Cornwall. Make your own way to your accommodation, a comfortable, centrally-located outfit that boasts great views over Newquay Bay. There will be a welcome meeting at 2 pm, when you’ll meet your local host, your group, and get over an overview of your upcoming itinerary. After unpacking for the next few days and settling in, join your host for a walk around the town, and get a bit of insight into the town’s history and what makes this a famous surfing destination. You might wander the harbour, hike up to the 14th-century clifftop hut used to alert local fishermen to shoals of fish filling the bay, and soak up gull’s-eye views across the green and grey dotted headlands. You can follow the path of the Gannel estuary back into town, and drop into the ornamental Trenance Gardens, backed by the train line viaduct that brought Newquay to the attention of seasonal visitors in the Victorian era. This evening is free for you to find a place for dinner – your host will have suggestions on hand.
Cornwall / St AgnesBegin the day inspired by the ocean as you undertake a yoga flow this morning. Practice your sun salutation and downward dog and stretch out in preparation for a walk later on. Then, grab your hiking boots and take a transfer to the start of the walk. Head down the coast to a former major centre of Cornish mining, where over 100 mines once dotted the landscape. Take the coastal paths across purple blooming heather and gorse to hilltops that offers panoramic views along the cliffs – on clear days as far as Padstow in the north and St Ives Bay in the south. Pass relics to a mining industry that only ended in the early 20th century, including dilapidated engine houses and chimneys perched on the cliff’s edge. Walk in the footsteps of the miners, all with a backdrop of ocean blues you might more normally associate with the Mediterranean. After the walk, take some time to explore the nearby main village, a jumble of granite cottages and main buildings spread over the surrounding hills and valleys, before returning to Newquay.
Cornwall / Trevose HeadStart early and fuel up with a hearty breakfast before you get those legs ready for another walk today, this time heading north to the stretch of Trevose headland that juts out into the Atlantic and boasts views far along the horizon. This is a protected section of rugged coastline and is an official 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty', where marine wildlife, rare plants and headland animals will be free to flourish. Take a walk across sandy beaches, past collapsed caves and shipwrecks, look out across the ocean from the lighthouse, see sheltered coves and try to spot grey seals lolling and peregrine falcons soaring. You’ll have worked up an appetite, so enjoy lunch at a small, family-run bakery in Padstow that make Cornish pasties the traditional way. Take some time to wander around this pleasant town clustered around the harbour, before taking a public bus to Newquay and celebrating your final night.
CornwallYour Intrepid Retreats experience in Cornwall comes to an end today after breakfast.
- Newquay - Host-lead orientation walk
- Newquay - Private Yoga & Wellness Session (2 hours)
- St Agnes - St Agnes Beacon and Wheal Walk
- Trevose Head - Circular Walk
- Padstow - Cornish Pasty tasting at local bakery
3 Breakfast(s) Included
Health and Safety Protocols for Intrepid Tours
Protection against COVID-19 as well as other transmissible diseases requires enhanced protocols in hygiene and sanitation. We will put in place additional measures, in line with government health advice and with global health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to ensure that we maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Handwashing is one of the most important safety measures to prevent the spread of disease. Intrepid will actively reinforce its importance by:
- Implementing a handwashing policy that dictates when, how often and for how long all staff, leaders and crew must wash their hands on-trip.
- Promote the importance of hand hygiene to customers through signage and online customer material.
- Contract suppliers that have hand hygiene protocols in place
- Contract suppliers that provide hand sanitizer in public places (where applicable)
- Educate staff, leaders, crew and suppliers on the importance of hand hygiene via training.
Practicing good respiratory hygiene prevents the spread of disease by reducing the number of droplets in the air when you sneeze or cough. Intrepid will:
- Actively reinforce its importance to customers through signage and online customer material.
- Educate staff, leaders, crew and suppliers on the importance of respiratory hygiene via training.
- Contract suppliers who have respiratory hygiene protocols in place.
In addition, in areas with high community transmission and/or places that are difficult to maintain physical distancing, we recommend the the following at-risk people also wear them. Intrepid follows the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) that masks should only be used as part of a comprehensive prevention strategy and that the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Physical distancing, hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene must also form part of the strategy.
On our trips, regardless of destination, the following people must wear medical/surgical masks:
- Anyone who develops symptoms of COVID-19 regardless of whether or not they have been tested yet.
- People caring for people with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases (outside of hospitals/clinics).
In addition, in areas with high community transmission and/or places that are difficult to maintain physical distancing, we recommend the the following at-risk people also wear them.
- People over 60
- People with underlying health conditions
- Provide medical/surgical masks as part of the First Aid Kits carried by leaders.
- Educate leaders, crew, staff and customers on the correct method to wear, handle and dispose of a mask.
- Require all customers, leaders and staff to comply with any local regulations or requirements that require the use of a mask in public or in certain places
Intrepid follows the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) that it is not necessary for the public to wear fabric masks generally.
However in certain circumstances, in places where community transmission of COVID-19 is high and/or physical distancing is not possible (e.g. on public transport, in shops or in other confined environments) then a fabric mask can be a useful barrier to prevent the spread of virus.
Fabric masks be purchased commercially or handmade, and are generally not standardised like medical masks. Fabric masks should:
- Cover the nose, mouth, and chin
- Be secured with elastic loops or ties
- Include multiple layers
- Be washable and reusable.
Protection against COVID-19 as well as other transmissible diseases requires enhanced sanitation processes. Intrepid will take the following measures:
- Require all suppliers to detail their cleaning and sanitation protocols
- Audit/monitor all suppliers on their cleanliness and sanitation.
- All cleaning and disinfecting products must be approved by health authorities (e.g. WHO).
- All rooms must be thoroughly cleaned between guests with all high touch surfaces in shared areas regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer should be available in public areas.
- There must be a process in place for customers to escalate any concerns regarding hygiene or sanitation.
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
- All tents must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between use.
- If staying at a campground, ensure all bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and paper towels. If the area is remote, with limited facilities and/or minimal staffing, then customers should be informed to bring their own hygiene equipment.
- All mini buses, transfers, charters, overland trucks must be thoroughly cleaned between guests with all high touch surfaces in shared areas regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer should be made available
- Close top bins with bin liners should be available on board and disposed of at every stop
- Must be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day
- Tables and chairs must be disinfected after each guest use
- Avoid buffets where possible. If buffets are used, prevent customers from handling food and operating machines (e.g. self-serve coffee stations)
- Either disinfect shared use objects (e.g. table salt) between guest use. Where possible, Intrepid will try to source safe alternatives to single serve packaging.
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
- Preferred: Provide hand sanitizer to guests at the door before entry
- All equipment must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guest us
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
Limiting the number of surfaces touched by large numbers of people helps prevent the spread of disease. Therefore, it is important to proactively move towards contactless or low touch solutions for travel. Intrepid will:
- Prioritise contactless/low touch as a key feature when sourcing new tech or solutions.
- Remove any paperwork required on the ground (e.g. signing forms, feedback cards)
- If details must be entered using a shared device (e.g. insurance details), then it must be disinfected between each customer. Preference is to move entirely to digital solutions.
- Accommodation should provide online check in (no paperwork)
- Contactless keys (e.g. QR codes)
- Contactless tech (e.g. lights)
- Online ticketing for attractions and transport
- Online payment
Physical distancing is important in the preventing the spread of COVID-19 as it can be transmitted via droplets sprayed when coughing, sneezing, singing, yelling etc…
Intrepid will take the following measures:
- Require all suppliers to detail their physical distancing protocols
- Follow local regulation and advice on the need for physical distancing.
We will continue to offer this as an option. Single supplements are available for single travellers who do not wish to share a room. We will work closely with accommodation suppliers to ensure increased availability of single rooms.
- Consider whether it is appropriate to offer single tents for solo travellers as customers will be much closer together then in a traditional room.
- Consider whether staggering meal times may reduce the number of people sharing a dining tent.
Intrepid will consider the following factors when designing or amending transport options on trips.
- Local laws or requirements regarding physical distancing on transport
- Hygiene protocols of the transport provider
- Level of active community transmission in the destination
- Using designated seating on transport. Customers have assigned seats throughout the trip.
- If trip is longer than 15 minutes and air conditioning is available, it must be set to external airflow rather than to recirculation or windows should be opened for the duration of the trip.
- Designing or amending itineraries to reduce the duration of travel.
- Increasing the size of the vehicle, using multiple vehicles.
- Educate all leaders, crew, staff and customers to maintain a 1.5m distance wherever practical in public (e.g. queueing at a museum).
- Proactively design product to avoid crowds by visiting attractions at off-peak times.
- Proactively design product to avoid crowds on public transport or at airports where practical.
- Follow local regulations on table spacing and guest seating in restaurants. Wherever possible, try to ensure groups are sitting at their own table without strangers in restaurants.
- Proactively design product that focuses on experiences that assist with physical distancing (e.g. picnics over crowded marketplaces) if relevant for that destination.
Screening for COVID-19 helps isolate anyone with COVID-19 symptoms and stops the spread of disease. It is likely to become more common for future travellers.
Pre-Departure (Brand Material)
Customers should be informed as part of ‘Essential Trip Information (ETIs) or other similar trip notes if their trip is likely to include any of the following:
- Testing for COVID-19 before being able to pass through immigration and/or board planes.
- Negative test results to be uploaded for visa purposes.
- Thermal temperature checks in airports, train or bus stations, major hotels or attractions.
Pre-departure, all customers are required to fill out an online questionnaire (“self- declaration/assessment” form) to identify any high-risk customers before travel.
Extra qualifiers will be included to address customers with symptoms that can be contributed to pre-existing conditions (e.g. breathlessness to asthma).
Customers answering YES to any question should be removed from the departure and appropriate arrangements made.
Intrepid will not require a negative COVID-19 test as proof of health from customers or leaders at this stage unless it is required by local law or regulations.
This is partially due to the lack of availability of testing for people with no symptoms in many parts of the world and may change in due course.
- Ask customers, leaders, crew and staff to monitor their own health
- Display appropriate signage on COVID-19 symptoms
- Educate leaders, crew and staff on how to identify COVID-19 symptoms
- Describe COVID-19 symptoms in group meetings
If customers, leaders or crew show symptoms of COVID-19 and are either unable to or unwilling to be tested, Intrepid reserves the right to remove them from our trips to prevent any risk to others.
Flexible Booking Conditions
Customers will be supported by flexible booking conditions to stay home if unwell or displaying symptoms
Flexible Work Conditions
Intrepid will support leaders and crew to stay home rather than lead a trip if they are unwell or displaying symptoms. Schedules will need to be created with back up availability of leaders/crew.
Data Collection & Health Tracking
Intrepid will assist government health departments in tracking and tracing any customers, staff, leaders, crew or suppliers at risk of contracting COVID-19 via exposure to a known case and/or outbreak by providing relevant details in line with privacy laws and regulations.
COVID Tracking apps
Intrepid strongly recommends that customers and staff download COVID tracking apps (e.g. COVIDSafe in Australia, StayHomeSafe in Hong Kong) to assist in reducing the spread of disease within their communities.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Intrepid tour is great company. Will use this company again.
The trip was both both educational and exciting. I very much enjoyed the sights and culture.
The itinerary was just as I expected! The guide was very good as were the accomodations
Intrepid did such a great job. I never had to worry about where I was supposed to be and it felt so good not to worry about a thing but just to enjoy myself. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about culture and history.
Taiwan people very friendly. Accommodation were centrally located and easily accessible. Did extra activities then in brochure which was greatly.
Larus our tour guide did an excellent job and was very attentive to our needs. He is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor.
Our guide Tarang chandola was exceptional. Courteous, knowledgeable, organized, polite, professional and went above and beyond taking care of our needs and requests offen anticipating what that might be. He made sure we all had the best possible time and offered suggestions to meet the needs of everyone on the tour. This made the trip even more enjoyable.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!