Save 10% Off this Tour - Guaranteed!
Young Travelers Save up to 10%
Young Travelers Save up to 10%
Must be aged 5–17 at time of travel and accompanied by at least one adult sharing a twin room. Discounts are limited to one per room. Excludes train and/or cruise portions of trips. Does not apply to Egypt, South Africa, India, Japan, Australia or New Zealand trips. Discounts and savings only apply to the land portion of your vacation and are not applicable to extra nights’ accommodations, optional extensions, airfares, taxes and fees, flight supplements, surcharges and airport transfers. Sometimes more than one discount can apply. Eastern Mediterranean trips may have additional restrictions.
Family and Group Discounts - Save up to 5%
Family and Group Discounts - Save up to 5%
Family and groups save up to 5%. Available when 9-15 guests are together on the same booking. Discounts and savings only apply to the land portion of your vacation and are not applicable to extra nights’ accommodations, optional extensions, airfares, taxes and fees, flight supplements, surcharges and airport transfers. Sometimes more than one discount can apply. Eastern Mediterranean trips may have additional restrictions. Family and group discounts do not apply to South Africa, Asia, Egypt, Australia, New Zealand or India journeys, nor to any cruise portion or the Rocky Mountaineer Train.
Book Two Trips and save up to $315
Book Two Trips and save up to $315
All trips must be on the same booking number to qualify. Excludes train and/or cruise portions of trips. Does not apply to Egypt, India, Asia, Australia or New Zealand trips. Discounts and savings only apply to the land portion of your vacation and are not applicable to extra nights’ accommodations, optional extensions, airfares, taxes and fees, flight supplements, surcharges and airport transfers. Sometimes more than one discount can apply. Eastern Mediterranean trips may have additional restrictions
Triple Room Discount
Triple Room Discount
Triple rooms are suitable for two adults and one child (three adults may find rooms too small as they often have one double and one foldaway bed and limited suitcase space). Triple rooms are limited on cruises and not available on all trips. Discounts and savings only apply to the land portion of your vacation and are not applicable to extra nights’ accommodations, optional extensions, airfares, taxes and fees, flight supplements, surcharges and airport transfers. Sometimes more than one discount can apply. Eastern Mediterranean trips may have additional restrictions
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan. Change your travel plans until 60 days before your trip
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation with the Travcorp Family of Brands.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Stand in awe of Egypt on this 1-week guided tour. Just outside of Cairo, see the wondrous Pyramids of Giza with an Egyptologist, who will guide you inside and up close to the Sphinx. Sail the Nile to the preserved Philae, a maze of towering temples along the water and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Gaze at the Aswan Dam — one of the world’s largest embankment dams. See the unique Kom Ombo temple, dedicated to a falcon-headed Horus and crocodile god Sobek — then don traditional galabeyas for a flavorful feast in Edfu.
Cairo at Leisure.Welcome to the timeless land of the pharaohs. On arrival in Cairo, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Enjoy the day at leisure as tomorrow you begin your journey into the ancient world. In the evening, get to know your Travelling Concierge and fellow guests over a welcome drink at the hotel.Accommodation: Mena House Hotel (Pyramid View), Giza.
Cairo Sightseeing.In the morning, join your Travelling Concierge, a knowledgeable Egyptologist, and begin your discovery of this timeless land. Start with a visit to the magnificent Pyramids of Giza, including exploring inside one of these wonders and a visit to the enigmatic Sphinx. Afterwards, explore the Egyptian Museum, to witness the priceless treasures recovered from the Tomb of Tutankhamun. Later, drive to the Pyramids to witness the magical Sound & Light Show, an unforgettable introduction to the world of ancient Egypt.Accommodation: Mena House Hotel (Pyramid View), Giza.
Fly to Aswan to Join your Cruise.Board your plane for a morning flight across the desert to Aswan. Visit the Aswan High Dam and the granite quarries, where one of Queen Hatshepsut's obelisks lies abandoned in the bedrock. Then cross the Nile by motorboat to the well-preserved Philae temple complex, moved stone-by-stone to its current location following the construction of the High Dam. Next, stretch out on a traditional Nile felucca for a peaceful ride around Kitchener’s Island. In the late afternoon, join the likes of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you for a colonial-style afternoon tea on the terrace of the Old Cataract Hotel. Once on your stylish and spacious river cruise ship, enjoy a Highlight Dinner, accompanied by a Nubian folklore show and live music.Accommodation: River Tosca.
Kom Ombo to Edfu. CruiseThe morning is at leisure to relax or explore, or maybe take a Locally Available Experience by air to visit the amazing temples of Abu Simbel? These extraordinary temples were carved out of the cliffside by Rameses II and later transported, in an amazing feat of modern engineering, out of the rising waters of Lake Nasser. At lunchtime, set sail for the temple at Kom Ombo – a glorious sight as you approach by river. Unique in Egypt, it is dedicated to both the falcon-headed Horus and the crocodile god, Sobek. Then, drift past irrigated fields and palm-fringed villages to dock at Edfu. As evening falls, don your galabeyas, which are traditional Egyptian attire, for a fun-filled Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.Accommodation: River Tosca.
Esna Temple and the Temple of Luxor. Relaxed StartStart with a visit to Esna Temple. Situated in the centre of Esna, this fascinating and highly decorated temple is dedicated to the ram-headed god Khnum, the god of creation. Then, sit back and observe everyday life in rural Egypt, as you float downstream to Luxor. Visit the Temple of Luxor as the sun sets.Accommodation: River Tosca.
Luxor Sightseeing and Cairo.Across the Nile, to the west of the city, lies the necropolis of ancient Thebes. Stop for a photo of the Colossi of Memnon; these two giant seated figures of Amenhotep III once guarded his mortuary temple. In the nearby Valley of the Kings, the Egyptian kings planned to meet their gods in the afterlife. Visit some of their tombs, then continue to the temple of Queen Hatshepsut, one of the rare female pharaohs. Next, visit a family home and witness the making of authentic Egyptian sun bread. Return to Luxor for your final highlight, Karnak, the largest temple complex built by man. Walk through the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, past the statue of Rameses II, to the vast Hypostyle Hall, housing 134 giant decorated columns. Transfer to the airport for your flight back to Cairo. You will check in to your five-star hotel for an evening at leisure.Accommodation: Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence.
Depart Cairo.Your journey concludes after breakfast and you will be transferred to Cairo Airport to board your onward flight.
- : Your Well-Being Director takes a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met. On tours fewer than 20 guests, your Traveling Concierge will act as your Well-Being Director.
- : Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19. All Travelling Concierge's and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- : We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- Giza: Join your Egyptologist to explore the impressive city of Giza, where you meet the enigmatic Sphinx and proceed deep inside one of the Pyramids. Admire the hieroglyphs etched on the walls and the covert chambers where great pharaohs met their gods.
- Cairo: Walk through the Egyptian Museum in the company of your Travelling Concierge, a knowledgeable Egyptologist, who will guide you through the most extensive collection of Pharaonic antiquities in the world, including the priceless ancient treasures from the Tomb of Tutankhamun.
- El Omraniya: Watch in wonder as the Pyramids of Giza are brought to life against the night sky by a mesmerising presentation of sound and light. Hear the ancient tales of Egypt as these spectacular monuments are illuminated by giant scale projections.
- Kitchener's Island: Cruise on the Nile in an elegant wooden felucca as the winds ease you around the botanical vistas of Kitchener's Island. Admire the lush greenery of the Island of Plants as your drift through the afternoon aboard your traditional vessel.
- Aswan: Marvel at the monumental engineering of Egypt, ancient and modern. See the 3500-year-old unfinished obelisk of Hatshepsut, an unrivaled example of the advanced construction of the Pharaohs, and take in the Aswan High Dam, responsible for creating the enormous Lake Nasser.
- Philae Island: Cross the Nile by motorboat and visit the immaculately preserved Philae temple complex. Walk amidst the ancient columns of this Nubian monument site, rescued from devastation by UNESCO when it was moved stone by stone from the flood plains of the Aswan High Dam.
- Kom Ombo: Arrive at Kom Ombo on the banks of the Nile, a unique double temple that is dedicated to two gods. See the mummified crocodiles that were in honour of Sobek and the identical temple made for Horus, the falcon-headed god.
- Esna: Visit the well preserved Esna Temple, dedicated to the god of creation, the ram-headed Khnum. Parts of the temple were built during different eras and it appears this was the first shrine built during the reign of Thuthmosis III.
- Luxor: Approach the Temple of Luxor along the Avenue of Sphinxes and see the ancient stones. Look to the top of the remaining Pylon of Ramses II and step into the ancient monument.
- Valley of the Kings: Venture to the Necropolis with your Egyptologist and discover the resting place of many Pharaohs. See the royal tombs and visit the Temple of Hatshepsut with its pillared porticoes and vibrant reliefs, making it one of the world’s most striking architectural masterpieces.
- West Bank: Pause to view the spectacular Colossi of Memnon. These enormous twin statues of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III sit 60 feet above the plain and dominate the landscape with their 720-tonne masses. Gaze upon the breathtaking scene they create.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man. The most important place of worship in Egypt for nearly 800 years, Karnak is an extraordinary sight, presided over by the archaeologically magnificent Temple of Amun.
- Aswan: Enjoy afternoon tea on the shaded terrace of the Old Cataract Hotel as you gaze over the waters of the Nile River. Soak up the afternoon as Winston Churchill, Princess Diana, and Agatha Christie have done before you.
- : Enjoy a Restaurant Dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show.
- : Don your finest traditional Nile Valley galabeya for a night of dancing and games on the river. Enjoy a relaxed Egyptian dinner and take the opportunity to unwind and spend an informal evening with your Travelling Concierge and cruise companions.
- Luxor: Visit a family home and witness the making authentic Egyptian sun bread.
- Dining Summary: 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 6 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 3 Lunch (L)
Additional Included Highlights
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges and certified Egyptologist, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. See Notes in the pricing panel for exemptions.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Complimentary port transfers are included when cruise travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Health and Safety Protocols for Luxury Gold Tours
Luxury Gold has introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols – for you and team members.
You can travel with Luxury Gold and be assured that their team has put numerous new measures in place to elevate their hygiene standards and protocols. The well-being of guests and team has always been, and always will be, their primary concern.
In this new, fast changing Covid-19 era, Luxury Gold is doing all they can to adapt to new requirements and expectations. Here are some important new steps and procedures that they have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you the peace of mind when you are traveling during these new times.Expertly Trained Travel Directors
Travel Director training equips them with enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. Before you travel, Luxury Gold will also keep you well informed about new protocols required in these areas, and ask that you cooperate with and heed the advice and direction of Travel Directors while on your trip. The Travel Directors have preventative measures in place to try and ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.Stringent On-the-Road Protocols
The customized luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, Luxury Gold have taken additional measures to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations. The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All the guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitising when required. Hand sanitiser is freely available on board for your use throughout the day. Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitiser to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.A Full Team of Support 24/7
It’s not just your Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.Physical Distancing
Adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements, you can rest assured that you will travel with the comfort of your own personal space. Have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants you’ll enjoy on your trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines.Trusted Partners, Exceptional Standards
Luxury Gold is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of the guests as seriously as Luxury Gold does and agrees to meet expected guidelines and specifications. Luxury Gold only works with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their high standards.Always in the Know
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) , Luxury Gold is kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of the partners on the ground in each destination. Also, rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to the extent possible.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
The guide was fabulous. The hotels wonderful.
Truly enjoyed all aspects of the Luxury Gold trip and will definitely look into more trips with them in the future.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!