Save 10% Off this Tour - Guaranteed!
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan. Change your travel plans until 60 days before your trip
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation with the Travcorp Family of Brands.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Explore amazing Egypt on this 10-day guided tour. Join an Egyptologist at the Pyramids of Giza, for an insider’s look at one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Enjoy a VIP, after-hours visit to the Temple of Luxor; you’ll be able to explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site free from other tour groups. At the Valley of the Kings, see where Tutankhamun, or the infamous King Tut, is buried. Enjoy high tea on the terrace of the Cataract Hotel, where Winston Churchill once relaxed. And in Cairo, visit the Egyptian Museum, where you can see treasures taken from the Tomb of Tutankhamun.
Cairo at Leisure.Welcome to Egypt - a mystical and timeless land, where the ancient and modern world live side by side. On arrival in Cairo, you will be met at the airport and transferred to the Mena House Hotel, your luxury five-star accommodation for the next two nights. Having welcomed numerous heads of state over the years, you’ll be treated to the same luxuries, and striking views of the pyramids from the private balcony of your room. In the evening, get to know your Travelling Concierge and fellow guests over a welcome drink at the hotel.Accommodation: Mena House Hotel (Pyramid View), Giza.
Giza Sightseeing.After meeting your Travelling Concierge, a knowledgeable Egyptologist, head for one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the Great Pyramids at Giza and their guardian Sphinx. Your exploration of Cairo with your Egyptologist includes entry into one of the Pyramids. Continue to Sakkara to see the Step Pyramid of King Zoser, the oldest in the world, dating back to 2700 BC. Nearby lies Memphis; famous capital of ancient Egypt. See the colossal statue of Ramses II and the great Alabaster Sphinx. As night falls, attend a magical Sound and Light show at the world famous Pyramids, which literally illuminates the ancient history of Giza!Accommodation: Mena House Hotel (Pyramid View), Giza.
Join your Cruise in Luxor.Wake early and transfer to the airport for your flight to Luxor. Famed for its ancient treasures and the grandeur of its monuments, this beautiful city is a treasure trove for those looking to delve further into Egypt’s grand history. On arrival head to Karnak, the largest temple complex ever built by man. This striking complex was constructed over a period of 1,500 years. Walk through the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, past the statue of Rameses II, to stand in awe among the huge columns of the vast Hypostyle Hall. Later, board your luxury cruise ship, one of the most stylish and spacious in Egypt. The all-suite River Tosca provides a relaxing and comfortable setting for guests as they cruise the legendary Nile River. Featuring a stylishly adorned lounge, with full-service bar, a cosy library, restaurant, fitness rooms and swimming pool, you’ll take in the sights in the utmost luxury. In the evening, enjoy an onboard gala reception and dinner.Accommodation: River Tosca.
The Temple of Hathor and Luxor. CruiseIn the morning, visit the Temple of Hathor. Built in the 1st century B.C., it remains one of the best-preserved temples in all of Egypt and contains a rare depiction of Cleopatra VII and Caesarian, the son of Julius Caesar. Return to Luxor for some leisure time before visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Temple of Luxor for a VIP, after-hours visit. Founded in 1400 B.C. during the Golden Age of Thebes, the temple complex blends in seamlessly with the surrounding city.Accommodation: River Tosca.
The West Bank and Valley of the Kings.Travel to the West Bank of the Nile. Stop for photos at the Colossi of Memnon – these gigantic twin stone statues of Amenhotep III once guarded his mortuary temple. Venture on to the amazing Temple of Hatshepsut, Egypt's first female pharaoh who ruled from 1479 to 1458 BC. Next, head to the Valley of the Kings, one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world. Later, experience a warm welcome as you meet a local family and take a tour of their village. As you stroll through the streets, hear stories of local life and the importance of family contribution, ensuring all members of the village are looked after. Part of this communal practice is the baking of traditional sun bread, where each group of families in the village will have their own bakery oven. A member from each group is chosen to be the assigned baker to provide bread to the community. Watch as the family demonstrates the bread-making process and enjoy a taste of the delicious bread, paired perfectly with a cup of Egyptian tea. In the evening, join in the fun at an Egyptian dinner and a lively galabeya party.Accommodation: River Tosca.
A Felucca Around Kitchener’s Island. Relaxed StartVisit the unique double-temple of Kom Ombo, dedicated to both the crocodile-headed Sobek and the falcon god, Horus the Elder. In this sacred place near the riverbank, captive crocodiles were worshipped in life and mummified after death. Then, begin your return voyage along the Nile. Back on board, relax and enjoy a visual feast as you cruise along the Nile to Aswan. Stretch out on a Nile felucca, a traditional sailboat, for a peaceful ride around Kitchener's Island. Known for the Aswan Botanical Garden and its tropical plants and palm trees, this petite island is less than a kilometre long. In the evening, you will indulge on dinner aboard the ship, before you are treated to an Egyptian belly dancing performance.Accommodation: River Tosca.
Aswan and High Dam.In the morning, your luxurious cruise experience comes to an end. Sightseeing today includes a visit to the modern Aswan High Dam and the ancient Granite Quarries, where one of Queen Hatshepsut's obelisks lies abandoned in the bedrock. Cross the Nile by motorboat to the well-preserved Philae temple complex. Revered by locals, it was moved stone-by-stone to its current location to avoid being ruined by rising water levels, following the construction of the High Dam. Next, take a small boat along the banks of the Nile with the birdman of Aswan. Keep a lookout for colourful native birds as you travel to his small Nubian village. Visit the traditional dwelling of a local family and enjoy Nubian-style hospitality as you learn more about the area's unique culture. Later, join the likes of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you for a colonial-style afternoon tea at the Old Cataract Hotel.Accommodation: Old Cataract Hotel, Aswan.
Back to Cairo. Relaxed StartIn the morning you will board to flight back to Cairo. Why not head on a Locally Available Experience by air to Abu Simbel? In an amazing feat of modern engineering, these extraordinary temples were carved out of the cliffside by Rameses II and later transported out of the rising waters of Lake Nasser. In the evening, check into the famous Four Seasons at the First Residence, a hotel originally built to attract the nobility of Europe.Accommodation: Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence.
Cairo Sightseeing.After breakfast, enjoy a city tour where you will visit the towering Alabaster Mosque, commissioned by Muhammad Ali Pasha between 1830 and 1848. Enjoy incredible hilltop views over the city from the imposing Citadel of Salah El Din. This massive 12th century compound was home to Egypt's rulers for more than seven hundred years. Visit the Egyptian Museum, to witness the priceless treasures recovered from the Tomb of Tutankhamun. Next, head to Khan el-Khalili, a major souk in the historic centre of Islamic Cairo,stock up on local goods and put your bargaining skills to the test.Accommodation: Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence.
Depart Cairo.It’s time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers, as you wake early for your transfer to Cairo Airport.
- : Your Well-Being Director takes a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met. On tours fewer than 20 guests, your Traveling Concierge will act as your Well-Being Director.
- : Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19. All Travelling Concierge's and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- : We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- Giza: Join your Egyptologist to explore the impressive city of Giza, where you meet the enigmatic Sphinx and proceed deep inside one of the Pyramids. Admire the hieroglyphs etched on the walls and the covert chambers where great pharaohs met their gods.
- Saqqara Necropolis: Accompany your Egyptologist to see the Step Pyramid of Zoser, the first pyramid that the Egyptians built, more than 4,700 years ago. It was designed by the architect, Imhotep, to honor his much-respected King, whom it is named after.
- Memphis: Explore the ancient capital of Memphis with your Travelling Concierge as they guide you through the city’s historic streets. Witness the colossal red granite statue of Ramses II and the brilliantly preserved sphinx carved from a single block of alabaster.
- El Omraniya: Watch in wonder as the Pyramids of Giza are brought to life against the night sky by a mesmerising presentation of sound and light. Hear the ancient tales of Egypt as these spectacular monuments are illuminated by giant scale projections.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man. The most important place of worship in Egypt for nearly 800 years, Karnak is an extraordinary sight, presided over by the archaeologically magnificent Temple of Amun.
- Dendera: Visit the magnificent Temple of Hathor, one of the best preserved temples in all Egypt. Explore the complex to see rare images of Cleopatra VII and Caesarian and witness the Dendera Light, which some historians believe depicts an ancient electric lightbulb.
- West Bank: Pause to view the spectacular Colossi of Memnon. These enormous twin statues of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III sit 60 feet above the plain and dominate the landscape with their 720-tonne masses. Gaze upon the breathtaking scene they create.
- Valley of the Kings: Follow in the footsteps of the Pharaohs as you walk into the Valley of the Kings and explore the magnificent burial chambers of Egypt’s ancient rulers.
- Valley of the Kings: Venture to the Necropolis with your Egyptologist and discover the resting place of many Pharaohs. See the royal tombs and visit the Temple of Hatshepsut with its pillared porticoes and vibrant reliefs, making it one of the world’s most striking architectural masterpieces.
- Kom Ombo: Arrive at Kom Ombo on the banks of the Nile, a unique double temple that is dedicated to two gods. See the mummified crocodiles that were in honour of Sobek and the identical temple made for Horus, the falcon-headed god.
- Kitchener's Island: Cruise on the Nile in an elegant wooden felucca as the winds ease you around the botanical vistas of Kitchener's Island. Admire the lush greenery of the Island of Plants as your drift through the afternoon aboard your traditional vessel.
- Aswan: Marvel at the monumental engineering of Egypt, ancient and modern. See the 3500-year-old unfinished obelisk of Hatshepsut, an unrivaled example of the advanced construction of the Pharaohs, and take in the Aswan High Dam, responsible for creating the enormous Lake Nasser.
- Aswan: Visit the traditional home of a local family and enjoy Nubian-style hospitality as you learn about life in the small village. Discover the deeper meanings behind the bright colours and painted symbols of the remarkable dwellings.
- Philae Island: Cross the Nile by motorboat and visit the immaculately preserved Philae temple complex. Walk amidst the ancient columns of this Nubian monument site, rescued from devastation by UNESCO when it was moved stone by stone from the flood plains of the Aswan High Dam.
- Cairo: Walk through the Egyptian Museum in the company of your Travelling Concierge, a knowledgeable Egyptologist, who will guide you through the most extensive collection of Pharaonic antiquities in the world, including the priceless ancient treasures from the Tomb of Tutankhamun.
- Cairo: Go sightseeing with your Travelling Concierge to visit the medieval citadel and Muhammed Ali Pasha's distinctive Alabaster Mosque. Then venture into the dazzling Khan El Halili bazaar, where stained glass lamps sit alongside handmade carpets and the aroma of traditional spices fills the air.
- Luxor: Approach the Temple of Luxor along the Avenue of Sphinxes and see the ancient stones on your special after-hours visit. Look to the top of the remaining Pylon of Ramses II and step into the ancient monument.
- Luxor: Visit a family home and witness the making authentic Egyptian sun bread.
- : Don your finest traditional Nile Valley galabeya for a night of dancing and games on the river. Enjoy a relaxed Egyptian dinner and take the opportunity to unwind and spend an informal evening with your Travelling Concierge and cruise companions.
- : Feast on a delicious evening meal in the elegant settings of your onboard restaurant as you continue to cruise along the Nile. Enjoy a lively Egyptian belly dancing display by traditional local dancers while you dine.
- Aswan: Enjoy afternoon tea on the shaded terrace of the Old Cataract Hotel as you gaze over the waters of the Nile River. Soak up the afternoon as Winston Churchill, Princess Diana, and Agatha Christie have done before you.
- Dining Summary: 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 10 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 4 Lunch (L)
Additional Included Highlights
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges and certified Egyptologist, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. See Notes in the pricing panel for exemptions.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Complimentary port transfers are included when cruise travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Health and Safety Protocols for Luxury Gold Tours
Luxury Gold has introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols – for you and team members.
You can travel with Luxury Gold and be assured that their team has put numerous new measures in place to elevate their hygiene standards and protocols. The well-being of guests and team has always been, and always will be, their primary concern.
In this new, fast changing Covid-19 era, Luxury Gold is doing all they can to adapt to new requirements and expectations. Here are some important new steps and procedures that they have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you the peace of mind when you are traveling during these new times.Expertly Trained Travel Directors
Travel Director training equips them with enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. Before you travel, Luxury Gold will also keep you well informed about new protocols required in these areas, and ask that you cooperate with and heed the advice and direction of Travel Directors while on your trip. The Travel Directors have preventative measures in place to try and ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.Stringent On-the-Road Protocols
The customized luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, Luxury Gold have taken additional measures to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations. The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All the guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitising when required. Hand sanitiser is freely available on board for your use throughout the day. Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitiser to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.A Full Team of Support 24/7
It’s not just your Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.Physical Distancing
Adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements, you can rest assured that you will travel with the comfort of your own personal space. Have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants you’ll enjoy on your trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines.Trusted Partners, Exceptional Standards
Luxury Gold is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of the guests as seriously as Luxury Gold does and agrees to meet expected guidelines and specifications. Luxury Gold only works with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their high standards.Always in the Know
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) , Luxury Gold is kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of the partners on the ground in each destination. Also, rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to the extent possible.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
The guide was fabulous. The hotels wonderful.
Truly enjoyed all aspects of the Luxury Gold trip and will definitely look into more trips with them in the future.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!