Save 10% Off this Tour - Guaranteed!
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan. Change your travel plans until 30 days before your trip
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation with the Travcorp Family of Brands.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
This magnificent journey showcases Italy’s grand past, romantic cities and exquisite natural wonders. Step into the ancient world, as a Local Expert shows you the cobblestone alleyways of Pompeii, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel in VIP style, and the gravity-defying Tower of Pisa. Along the way, you’ll discover how medieval trades are being kept alive, participate in a Tuscan cooking masterclass and cruise along the canals of Venice onboard a traditional gondola. From iconic capitals to the charming fishing villages of the Cinque Terre, uncover the full grandeur of Italy. This magnificent journey showcases Italy’s grand past, romantic cities and exquisite natural wonders. After your journey ends in Venice, why not choose to extend your travels and step onboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express for an overnight journey to Paris?
Welcome to Rome.On arrival at Rome's Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel, designed with the perfect mix of elegance and rich history. Built in the heart of the eternal city, Hotel Palazzo Montemartini is ideally located to begin your Italian journey. At 17:30, meet your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a short stroll through the charming streets, enjoying the romance of the Eternal City as night falls, before gathering for a Welcome Dinner in an elegant restaurant in Piazza della Rotonda near Rome’s famous Pantheon.(Dinner with Wine)Accommodation: Hotel Palazzo Montemartini, Rome.
Rome and the Vatican.Our VIP entry into the Vatican Museums is the best way to enjoy the timeless Papal art collection. Explore the beautiful corridors of the Vatican museums with a Local Expert on the way to Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel before it opens to the general public. Continue to St. Peter's Basilica to see La Pietà, before seeing the Roman Forum and skipping the line to visit the grand Colosseum. This afternoon enjoy time at leisure or join a Local Expert for a walking tour of some of the harder to find sites of Rome.(Breakfast)Accommodation: Hotel Palazzo Montemartini, Rome.
Pompeii and The Isle of Capri.Journey to the ill-fated town of Pompeii, frozen in time since A.D. 79 when it was violently engulfed by a volcanic eruption from Mount Vesuvius. Join your Local Expert to learn about the lifestyles of the people who once lived here and explore the remnants of ancient shops, baths and patrician villas. In Naples board a fast-boat at the Molo Beverello for the sun-drenched Isle of Capri. On arrival, enjoy an escorted ride in an open-top taxi to your exclusive hotel. Settle in and appreciate the splendours of Capri at your leisure, long after the day-trippers have returned to the mainland. Dates with + feature the following itinerary and accomodations: Pompeii & Sorrento Journey to the ill-fated town of Pompeii. Join your Local Expert to learn about the lifestyles of its former residents. Arrive in Sorrento to check in to your Seaview rooms and maybe explore this resort town that overlooks the Bay of Naples. Tonight you will indulge in a dinner as you watch the sunset on this beautiful coastline. Hotel: Hotel Sorrento Palace (Seaview Executive rooms) Meals: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)Accommodation: Quisisana Hotel, Capri.
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Explore the Isle of Dreams.Embark on a dazzling cruise to see the White Grotto and spectacular cliffs of the island, before arriving in Capri town to cool off with a refreshing lemon granita. Walk with your Local Expert to the gardens of Caesar Augustus to view the legendary Faraglioni Rocks, jutting out of the water. Prepare for a Highlight Lunch at the incredible Michelin-starred Mammà. Enjoy exclusive views over the Gulf of Naples, whilst savouring Mediterranean flavours created with passion from fresh, local produce by chef Salvatore La Ragione. The rest of the day is yours to explore and relax in this island paradise. Ask your Travelling Concierge for suggestions. Dates with + feature the following itinerary and accomodations: ISLE OF CAPRI In the morning, board a fast-boat to the beautiful Isle of Capri. Embark on a dazzling cruise to see the white grotto and spectacular cliffs of the island, before arriving in Capri town to cool off with a refreshing lemon granita. Walk with your Local Expert to the gardens of Caesar Augustus to view the legendary Faraglioni Rocks, jutting out of the water. Prepare for a Highlight Lunch at the incredible Michelin-starred Mammà. Enjoy exclusive views over the Gulf of Naples whilst savouring Mediterranean flavours created with passion from fresh, local produce by chef Salvatore La Ragione. Return to Sorrento where you are at leisure. Hotel: Hotel Sorrento Palace (Seaview Executive rooms) Meals: Breakfast, Lunch with Wine(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)Accommodation: Quisisana Hotel, Capri.
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
Lush Umbria and on to Assisi and Perugia.Return to the mainland and travel north along the Highway of the Sun to the winding, cobbled streets of Assisi for a guided visit to the imposing Basilica of St. Francis with your Local Expert. Continue on to the Umbrian capital of Perugia. Ascend from the lower town, through the maze of medieval streets, to your five-star hotel. Your centrally located hotel allows for easy access to one of the traditional outdoor cafes where you can enjoy the lively buzz of the town. Ask your Travelling Concierge for dinner recommendations this evening.(Breakfast)Accommodation: Brufani, Perugia.
San Gimignano and Tuscany.Meet Marta, the director of Laboratorio Giuditta Borzetti and the recipient of a TreadRight grant, to learn how the workshop's artisans are preserving the heritage craft of textile loom-weaving. Journey to the 15th century wine domain of 'Guardastelle', with its spectacular views over the rolling vineyards and the 'medieval Manhattan' which is San Gimignano. Explore the vineyard estate with a wine expert to learn about the various grape varieties and visit the wine cellars that combine ancient traditions with modern technology, where you will enjoy a wine tasting. Afterwards indulge in a lunch of Tuscan specialties and beautiful views of the countryside. [CC] If you are travelling on a Chairman's Collection departure, you are invited to an exclusive lunch and wine tasting with Marchese Mazzei at his centuries-old Tuscan estate. This experience will replace the lunch and wine tasting at the 'Guardastelle' estate. [/CC](Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)Accommodation: Hotel Montebello Splendid, Florence.
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
Renaissance Florence.For a relatively small city, Florence boasts an abundance of art and architectural masterpieces, chic boutiques and fabulous restaurants. Explore Florence Your Way with a choice to join an art historian for an insider's guide to this romantic city. Admire Michelangelo's original statue of David in the Accademia Museum, before strolling to the cathedral, baptistery and open-air gallery of Piazza della Signoria. Alternatively, join a local foodie on a walking tour of the best gastronomic treats in this Tuscan town. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon at leisure. Enjoy dinner in an elegant villa which will include a choice of dishes featuring the famous 'Fiorentina' (mouth-watering grilled Tuscan beefsteak).(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)Accommodation: Hotel Montebello Splendid, Florence.
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Tuscan Cooking Class and Pisa.Join a professional chef and uncover the secrets of Tuscan cooking during an authentic culinary masterclass set in the former hunting lodge of the Medici family. Complete your cooking experience by savouring the fruits of your labour with a lovely lunch. In the afternoon, travel to Pisa and meet your Local Expert to view the splendid Duomo, Baptistery and the famous, gravity-defying Leaning Tower of Pisa.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)Accommodation: Hotel Montebello Splendid, Florence.
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
Exploring The Cinque Terre.Journey northwest towards the Cinque Terre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Join your Local Expert in the picturesque fishing village of Manarola, then cruise along the rugged coast to explore Monterosso's medieval quarter and popular sandy beach. Enjoy lunch at leisure, before arriving at your hotel with fabulous views overlooking the Portofino peninsula where you may want to take a dip in the pool or enjoy a cocktail before dinner.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)Accommodation: Grand Hotel Bristol Resort & Spa, Rapallo.
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Theatrical Venice and the Doge's Palace.Today's journey will take you across the the Appenine mountain range with spectacular scenery. Take a water taxi along the famous Grand Canal, lined with historical Venetian palaces. Formerly the Doge's residence and the seat of Venetian government, the Palace is the very symbol of Venice and a masterpiece of Gothic architecture. As all crowds disappear, discover the history, art and culture of the Venetian Republic with your Local Expert.(Breakfast)Accommodation: Bauer Palazzo, Venice.
The Magic of Venice.Spend the day exploring the beauty and culture of Venice. Venture to a craftsman’s workshop to witness the age-old skill of glassblowing and admire the famous St. Mark's Basilica and the Bridge of Sighs. Later, take your seat in a traditional gondola for a serenade through the romantic canals. At our final dinner this evening, you will learn how to make Venice's celebrated cocktail, the 'Bellini' - your aperitif tonight at dinner in the atmospheric Taverna La Fenice. Savour a dish that keeps with tradition and is enriched with seasonal ingredients.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)Accommodation: Bauer Palazzo, Venice.
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Arrivederci Venice.After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and transfer by private boat to Venice Marco Polo Airport for your onward journey.(Breakfast)
- Rome: As night falls, delight in the romance of the Eternal City before gathering for a Welcome Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine and wine at an elegant local restaurant near Rome’s famous Pantheon and watch the world go by.
- Isle of Capri: Take in beautiful views of the Gulf of Naples from the privileged perch of Michelin-starred Mammà. Savour a delectable meal of Mediterranean flavours in perfect Caprese style, created with passion from fresh, local produce by chef Salvatore La Ragione.
- Isle of Capri: A refreshing lemon granita is the perfect way to cool down in the Mediterranean.
- San Gimignano: Explore Guardastelle with a wine expert to learn about the various grape varieties and visit wine cellars that combine ancient traditions with modern technology, where you will enjoy a wine tasting. Afterwards indulge in a lunch of Tuscan specialties and beautiful views of the countryside.
- San Gimignano: Ascend serpentine alleyways to the artisan ice-cream parlour of World Champion Gelato maestro, Sergio Dondoli, for a taste of his creamiest treats.
- Florence: Forage for the region's famous aromatic truffles guided by an expert truffle dog. Enjoy a tasting of these precious 'diamonds' followed by dinner in an elegant villa which will include a choice of dishes including the famous 'Fiorentina' (mouth-watering grilled Tuscan beefsteak).
- Tuscany: In the former hunting lodge of the Medici family, join a qualified chef to experience authentic Italian cooking at a hands-on culinary master-class. Afterwards enjoy the fruits of your labor while enjoying the views of the Tuscan Countryside.
- Venice: Learn the secrets behind your aperitif, Venice's Bellini cocktail before dinner tonight at the atmospheric Taverna La Fenice.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 3 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Rome: Your Travelling Concierge welcomes you to Rome with a traditional passeggiata near The Pantheon.
- Vatican City: With your Local Expert, see Rome’s most revered treasures when you visit St. Peter's Basilica and see Michelangelo's 'Pietà.'
- Rome: Learn of the city's iconic history when you visit the Colosseum and see the Roman Forum.
- Rome: During your orientation with your Travelling Concierge see medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Rome: Join your Local Expert for a guided exploration through history, as you discover hidden sites of Rome.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Isle of Capri: Travel in style by open-top taxi as you get a flavour of the jet-set lifestyle.
- Isle of Capri: Enjoy a private cruise around the island to see its hidden coves and grottos.
- Isle of Capri: Admire the famous Faraglioni Rocks from the gardens of Caesar Augustus as you explore with your Local Expert.
- Assisi: Join your Local Expert and find out why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Perugia: Meet Marta, recipient of a TreadRight Foundation grant: to discover how she and her weavers are preserving the medieval tradition of loom-weaving at their artisanal workshop.
- San Gimignano: Visit the medieval Manhattan of Italy!
- Tuscany: Journey to the 15th century wine domain of 'Guardastelle' and visit the wine cellars that combine ancient traditions with modern technology with an enological expert, where you will enjoy a wine tasting. Afterwards indulge in a lunch of Tuscan specialties.
- Pisa: Accompanied by your Local Expert, marvel at the gravity-defying Leaning Tower of Pisa and see the Duomo and baptistery.
- Cinque Terre: Experience some of the most awe-inspiring coastal scenery on earth at the UNESCO-listed Cinque Terre. Join your Local Expert and discover charming Manarola, a picturesque ﬁshing village, before travelling by train to the resort town of Rapallo.
- Venice: Guided by your Local Expert, view the sights of Venice including St. Mark's Basilica and the Bridge of Sighs.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing as you watch artisans create delicate works of art.
- Venice: Take your seat in a traditional gondola for a serenade through the romantic Venetian canals.
- Vatican City: Enter the Sistine Chapel for a tour with a Local Expert, before it opens to the public. Luxury Gold’s fast-tracked entry into the Vatican Museums ensures optimal enjoyment of the timeless Papal art collection.
- Venice: Discover the secrets of the Venetian Republic on a private evening tour of the Doge's Palace with your Local Expert.
- Florence: Experience Florence Your Way with the choice to join a local art historian for an insightful walk, as you admire Michelangelo's masterpiece, the marble statue of David, in the Accademia Museum. Continue your guided walk to see the cathedral, bell tower and Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit the political heart of the city, Piazza della Signoria. Alternatively, choose to join a local foodie on a walking tour of the best gastronomic treats in this Tuscan town.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included flight to included train travel and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Health and Safety Protocols for Luxury Gold Tours
Luxury Gold has introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols – for you and team members.
You can travel with Luxury Gold and be assured that their team has put numerous new measures in place to elevate their hygiene standards and protocols. The well-being of guests and team has always been, and always will be, their primary concern.
In this new, fast changing Covid-19 era, Luxury Gold is doing all they can to adapt to new requirements and expectations. Here are some important new steps and procedures that they have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you the peace of mind when you are traveling during these new times.Expertly Trained Travel Directors
Travel Director training equips them with enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. Before you travel, Luxury Gold will also keep you well informed about new protocols required in these areas, and ask that you cooperate with and heed the advice and direction of Travel Directors while on your trip. The Travel Directors have preventative measures in place to try and ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.Stringent On-the-Road Protocols
The customized luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, Luxury Gold have taken additional measures to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations. The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All the guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitising when required. Hand sanitiser is freely available on board for your use throughout the day. Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitiser to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.A Full Team of Support 24/7
It’s not just your Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.Physical Distancing
Adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements, you can rest assured that you will travel with the comfort of your own personal space. Have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants you’ll enjoy on your trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines.Trusted Partners, Exceptional Standards
Luxury Gold is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of the guests as seriously as Luxury Gold does and agrees to meet expected guidelines and specifications. Luxury Gold only works with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their high standards.Always in the Know
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) , Luxury Gold is kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of the partners on the ground in each destination. Also, rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to the extent possible.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!