Dates & Prices
Save 7% Off this Tour - Guaranteed!
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Applies to new bookings only. Offer combinable with pay-in-full discount. Certain restrictions may apply.
World Traveler Club Members
World Traveler Club Members
Member-Only savings. Exclusive repeat traveler discounts. Additional restrictions may apply.
Day 1 - Welcome to EcuadorUpon arrival at the airport, you’ll be met and escorted to Casa Gangotena, General Tours luxury boutique hotel in the historic heart of Quito.
Day 2 - Discover QuitoIn the engaging company of General Tours expert resident guide, your exploration of this World Heritage city begins in the historic heart of town, home to important Colonial-era landmarks like the Cathedral and Presidential Palace. At the Church and Convent of San Francisco, you’ll discover a splendid 16th-century landmark that blends spectacular Baroque elements with Moorish architectural style.
Then delight in a guided stroll through La Ronda, a charming historic district filled with shops, studios and galleries. Spend time with some of these resident artisans including the owner of a hat shop who learned her millinery skills from her father; for 60 years, the family has been producing some of Quito’s finest hats! For lunch, we’ll take you to a restaurant set in a handsome Colonial house. Join the chef for a lively talk and cooking demonstration, followed by a congenial lunch of traditional Ecuadorian dishes. Meals B+L
Day 3 - Fly to the Galapagos IslandsYou’ll be escorted to the airport this morning for your included flight to Baltra Island in the center of the archipelago. On arrival, cross the narrow Itabaca Channel by ferry to Santa Cruz Island and sit down to lunch at a local restaurant. Then join General Tours expert naturalist for an exciting excursion into the Santa Cruz Highlands. Observe giant tortoises in their natural habitat, learn about the unique ecosystem of this pristine nature reserve, and discover its unusual lava tube formations.
Then travel to Puerto Ayora to board General Tours Galapagos vessel, the intimate La Pinta. You’ll have time to settle in to your Upper Deck outside stateroom before joining fellow passengers for dinner. This evening’s briefing with General Tours expert shipboard naturalists offers an entertaining and informative introduction to your upcoming voyage. Meals B+L+D
Day 4 - Eden Islet and Chinese Hat IsletToday’s excursions explore the diversity of two small and uninhabited isles. In the morning, a guided expedition in General Tours maneuverable panga boats takes you along the shores of Eden Islet, where you might observe Nazca and blue footed boobies diving into the sea for food, reef sharks and frigatebirds. Conditions permitting, this is also a great place to take advantage of General Tours free snorkeling gear and glass bottom boat. With its cinder cones, tuff cones and semi-eroded lava flows, Eden Islet also offers a chance to learn more about the volcanic origins of the Galapagos Islands.
After lunch, a guided nature walk on Chinese Hat Islet offers a chance to espy marine iguanas, Galapagos hawks, sea lions and Galapagos penguins. There’s also terrific snorkeling here amongst white-tipped reef sharks and penguins, or you might choose to explore these waters by sea kayak, glass-bottom boat or panga. Meals B+L+D
Day 5 - Bartolomé and Santiago IslandsAfter breakfast, join General Tours naturalists ashore for an invigorating walk to the summit of Bartolomé Island. A network of wooden stairs and boardwalks protects the fragile environment, including small lava lizards and a species of cactus found only in the Galapagos. Once at the top, you’ll be rewarded with one of the most picturesque and memorable vistas of your Galapagos adventure! Later, a panga boat excursion around Pinnacle Rock offers a great opportunity to photograph this iconic natural formation. Before returning to La Pinta for lunch, you’ll have time to relax on the beach, snorkel or ride in the glass-bottom boat.
In the afternoon, you’ll step ashore at Sullivan Bay on the southeastern coast of Santiago Island. There was a major eruption here only 100 years ago, and the sinuous Pāhoehoe lava formations look almost like still-flowing molten lava. There may not be much wildlife here, but the barren, other-worldly landscape makes for remarkable photography, and this is a great place to observe and experience the volcanic origins of the Galapagos archipelago. In addition, the lovely coral sand beach of Sullivan Bay is ideal for swimming and snorkeling. Meals B+L+D
Day 6 - Two landings on Genovesa IslandGenovesa is celebrated for its remarkable birdlife including magnificent frigatebirds, red-footed boobies, swallow-tailed and lava gulls, and yellow-crowned herons. This morning, you’ll step ashore with General Tours naturalists at Darwin Bay. From the small sand and coral beach, an easy trail winds its way along a tidal lagoon, offering myriad opportunities to observe and learn about the island’s birdlife. After your guided walk, you can hike along a more challenging lava trail to a look-out point, go for a swim or snorkel in the bay. The more adventurous can paddle or snorkel along the cliffs at the edge of the bay.
After lunch back onboard, you’ll explore Prince Philip’s Steps - named for Prince Philip who visited the Galapagos in 1964 aboard the Royal Yacht Britannia. As you approach the lava cliffs in General Tours panga boats, keep your eyes peeled for animals using the crevices for shelter and for red-billed tropicbirds flying overhead. You’ll make landing at the base of a staircase that leads to the top of the cliffs where a mile-long path will take us to the other side of this small island. Along the way, you’ll have a chance to espy large colonies of Nazca boobies, frigatebirds, storm petrels and the elusive short-eared owl. Meals B+L+D
Day 7 - Back to the MainlandAfter breakfast, you’ll disembark on Baltra Island and transfer to the airport for your included flight back to the South American mainland. You can fly to Guayaquil or Quito – where General Tours include your overnight accommodations and a transfer to the airport in the morning. Or you can connect to your international flight on the same day. Meals B
Day 8 - Farewell, EcuadorGeneral Tours transfer you to the airport today. Meals B
Hygiene and Safety Protocols for Alexander Roberts Tours
Committed to Your Well Being While You’re With Alexander Roberts
- All Alexander Roberts' staff will maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times, so expect a warm and genuine greeting but not a handshake or a hug!
- All high-touch surfaces in coaches and private cars – like door handles, railings, arm rests, and window controls – will be sanitized each morning and regularly throughout the day.
- Alexander Roberts' expert guides and drivers will don face masks whenever in proximity to guests.
- Alexander Roberts staff have been trained on Extra Care procedures – and how to respond to issues that may arise as you travel.
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitizer will be available in all vehicles while touring.
- Larger luxury motorcoaches so each traveler will have two seats to themselves while touring.
- Private airport transfers with a spacious luxury vehicle when you come and go for every tour
- Regular and frequent sanitizing of all high-touch vehicle surfaces.
- Prearranged entry for all sightseeing minimizes standing in line with other travelers.
- Whisper Headsets for groups of 5 or more allow for proper physical distancing while sightseeing, except for certain nature activities in remote areas like the Amazon.
- Alexander Roberts carefully selects restaurants to avoid crowded high-capacity venues; Alexander Roberts emphasizes fine farm-to-table dining with attentive and efficient service – and the choice to dine al fresco whenever available.
- No large-group dining; enjoy more spacious dining settings and smaller, well-spaced tables for included meals.
- Restaurant staff will follow the guidance of local health authorities and WHO protocols which may include facial coverings.
- Alexander Roberts' hotels are always selected for their outstanding locations, evocative ambiance, impeccable service – and cleanliness.
- OAlexander Roberts' partners include the most respected luxury brands – like Belmond, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, Kempinski and JW Marriott; they are now leading the industry with their sophisticated hygiene standards and protocols to ensure the well being of all their guests.
- Hotels will be continuously and rigorously vetted to ensure that they are following established WHO guidelines including social distancing and sanitizing procedures of guestrooms and public spaces.
- Hotel breakfasts will usually feature à la carte service and group seating will be replaced by smaller, appropriately distanced tables.
In a Small Group of Never More than 16 Guests or on a Privately Guided Tour for just your traveling party, their experienced guides have the flexibility to adjust your sightseeing based upon local conditions – to avoid times of heaviest traffic and crowding, for example. Alexander Roberts can dine in smaller authentic restaurants, minimize the time waiting in lines, and leave a lighter footprint. You’ll learn the history and stories behind the world’s most iconic landmarks, immerse more deeply in the wonders of the natural world, and delight in genuine cultural engagement not possible in a larger group. It’s travel without a crowd.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Our tour guide was the best! He was knowledgeable about the country, always early, courteous and made us feel welcome in his country. Our tour had a side trip that was incredible due to our guide's particular experiences, The pick of our guide for our trip was absolutely perfect. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!