Christmas Markets of Germany - Classic Group, Winter 2021 2022 Classic Group
LOW UNPUBLISHED PRICES ON INSIGHT VACATIONS TOURSWhy pay full price? Call us or click above for a quick quote and save money on Insight Vacations Tours.
Young Travelers Save up to 10%
Young Travelers Save up to 10%
Young Travelers must be under the age of 18 years old on the tour departure date and accompanied by an adult (limit of one Young Traveler Discount per room). Children under 5 years old are not accepted on any escorted tour. This discount cannot be combined with our Milestone Celebrations offers.
Take Two or More Trips and Save up to $212
Take Two or More Trips and Save up to $212
Does not apply to additional accommodations, stopovers, airfares of flight supplements, Independent City Breaks, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Greece, trips with included cruises or cruise extensions. All trips must be booked at the same time to qualify. Additional details may apply.
Triple Room Share Reduction
Triple Room Share Reduction
Offer may not be available on all vacations. Note the third bed may be a foldaway. Cannot be combined with our Small Group Discount. Discount varies by package. Additional restrictions may apply.
5% Savings on Group Vacations
5% Savings on Group Vacations
Group vacations may not be offered on all dates and/or itineraries. Discount is combinable with Early Payment savings as well as Past Guest discount and second trip savings. Offer applies to new bookings only. Additional restrictions may apply.
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan. Change your travel plans until 60 days before your trip
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation with the Travcorp Family of Brands.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Take a once in a lifetime trip across Germany, sipping beer in Munich, dining on German delicacies in Berlin and experiencing the Christmas pyramids in Dresden. This immersive Christmastime tour highlights the delights of the Nuremberg Market’s Christkindlmarkt stalls—with the chance to sample authentic German Rostbratwürste, and the musical surrounds of the Leipzig Market, where locals gather to sing and celebrate the festive season. On your Local Expert Tour of Dresden, see iconic city sights like the enormous Procession of the Dukes mosaic, Zwinger Palace and the Semper Opera House. Dresden is also home to Germany’s oldest Christmas market where you can taste Christstollen—a traditional Christmas cake recipe dating back to medieval times.
Arrive in BerlinWelcome to Germany. Airport transfers depart Berlin's Brandenburg Airport for your hotel at 10:30, 13:00 and 16:00. Join your Travel Director at 18:30 for a Welcome Dinner and the opportunity to mingle and get to know each other, over a delightful evening of good food and wine.Accommodation: Hotel NH Collection Berlin Mitte am Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin.
The Spirit of Berlin Relaxed StartJoin your Local Expert to see the highlights of Berlin. Your exploration includes the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Unter den Linden and the restored Reichstag Building. Later on, feel free to soak up the Weihnachtszauber, or Christmas magic, at the Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin’s most magnificent square, framed by the Concert Hall and near identical French and German cathedrals.Accommodation: Hotel NH Collection Berlin Mitte am Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin.
Leipzig and on to DresdenJourney south to Leipzig to visit Bach’s Thomaskirche and the medieval market square behind it. Renowned for its musical and culinary delights, the Leipzig Christmas Market is one of the most beautiful in Germany, with around 250 stalls located on the city’s historic market square. Enjoy its great traditions, which date back to the 15th century, before continuing to Dresden.Accommodation: Townhouse Dresden.
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Dresden Sightseeing Relaxed StartYour guided tour with a Local Expert will continue past the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace. Gaze in awe at the Frauenkirche, risen once again from wartime ashes. At Germany’s oldest Christmas Market, meet a local market stallholder who will introduce you to a taste of delicious Glühwein and Christstollen, a Christmas cake recipe dating back to medieval times. Take some time to admire the record-breaking Christmas pyramid.Accommodation: Townhouse Dresden.
Continue to NurembergJourney on to Nuremberg, where the Christkindlmarkt stalls are donned in traditional red and white cloth. Surrounded by ancient ramparts and watchtowers, look out for the Nuremberg Plum People while you explore or shop for local treats such as Rostbratwürste, Lebkuchen or Glühwein.Accommodation: NH Collection Nuremburg.
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Rothenburg ob-der-TauberVenture through the heart of Germany to Rothenburg ob-der-Tauber, one of the best-preserved medieval towns in all of Europe. Why not stroll through the cobbled streets to the year-round Christmas Shop? Here it is Christmas 365 days of the year! Later, follow parts of the meandering Romantic Road to the Bavarian capital.Accommodation: Munich Marriott Hotel.
Munich Sightseeing Relaxed StartEnjoy an orientation tour which concludes in the Marienplatz beside the soaring Town Hall, famous for its Glockenspiel. Beneath the gigantic Christmas tree, Munich’s traditional Christmas Market is an entrancing festival of light and music. In the evening, join your friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer at a local gasthof.Accommodation: Munich Marriott Hotel.
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Depart MunichAuf Wiedersehen! After breakfast, your departure transfer arrives at Munich airport at 07:00 and 09:00.
- : Our Well-Being Directors take a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met (available on tours with 21 or more guests).
- : Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxurious, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom. Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19.All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- : We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
Top Rated Highlights
- : Experience the wonderment of the Christmas Markets of each city, some of the oldest in Europe. Shop for local delicacies and drink the heartwarming Glühwein. Keep an eye out for the Nuremberg Plum People and marvel at the Lepizig Christmas Pyramid.
- Berlin: You Local Expert provides a tour of this vibrant city. Drive along the Ku'Damm, passing the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and through Tiergarten to the Reichstag building. See the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House and visit Alexanderplatz.
- Leipzig: Renowned for its musical and culinary delights, the Leipzig Christmas Market is one of the most beautiful in Germany, with around 250 stalls located on the city’s historic market square. Enjoy its great traditions, which date back to the 15th century, on your orientation with your Travel Director.
- Leipzig: Visit Thomaskirche where Bach worked as a Kapellmeister, a conductor, and his remains are now buried.
- Dresden: Your guided tour with a Local Expert shows you the Frauenkirche, the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace. You'll also learn about the traditional German Christmas Pyramids.
- Nuremberg: In Nuremberg the Christkindlmarkt stalls are donned in traditional red and white cloth. Surrounded by ancient ramparts and watchtowers, look out for the Nuremberg Plum People while you explore or shop for local treats such as Rostbratwürste, Lebkuchen or Glühwein on your orientation with your Travel Director.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Fortified by ancient walls, picturesque and unspoiled, Rothenburg ob der Tauber is a fairytale come true at any time of year. It dazzles in December, with its 500-year-old Reiterlesmarkt lending a festive air to the cobbled streets and medieval buildings.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbräuhaus, St. Peter's Church and the famous Marienplatz.
- : "One thing I really love about showing guests Eastern Europe is the rich history and culture of places that have previously been impossible to visit due to political situations."
- : "Guests are always amazed and intrigued by the vast amount of beautifully decorated sweet treats on offer in Germany during the festive period."
- : "Munich is the capital of beer, so taking guests into the famous Hofbräuhaus, at any time of year, gives them a small idea of what it’s like to attend Oktoberfest."
- Berlin: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at a local restaurant in the heart of Berlin for a delightful Welcome Dinner, served with wine.
- Dresden: At the Christmas Market, meet a stallholder and taste the local Christstollen with a glass of Glühwein.
- Munich: Join your newfound friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer!
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfast (B), and 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
Additional Included Highlights
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Health and Safety Protocols for Insight Vacations Tours
Insight Vacations has introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols – for you and team members.
You can travel with Insight Vacations and be assured that their team has put numerous new measures in place to elevate their hygiene standards and protocols. The well-being of guests and team has always been, and always will be, their primary concern.
In this new, fast changing Covid-19 era, Insight Vacations is doing all they can to adapt to new requirements and expectations. Here are some important new steps and procedures that they have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you the peace of mind when you are traveling during these new times.Expertly Trained Travel Directors
Travel Director training equips them with enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. Before you travel, Insight Vacations will also keep you well informed about new protocols required in these areas, and ask that you cooperate with and heed the advice and direction of Travel Directors while on your trip. The Travel Directors have preventative measures in place to try and ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.Stringent On-the-Road Protocols
The customized luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, Insight Vacations have taken additional measures to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations. The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All the guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitising when required. Hand sanitiser is freely available on board for your use throughout the day. Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitiser to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.A Full Team of Support 24/7
It’s not just your Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.Physical Distancing
Adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements, you can rest assured that you will travel with the comfort of your own personal space. Have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants you’ll enjoy on your trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines.Trusted Partners, Exceptional Standards
Insight Vacations is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of the guests as seriously as Insight Vacations does and agrees to meet expected guidelines and specifications. Insight Vacations only works with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their high standards.Always in the Know
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) , Insight Vacations is kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of the partners on the ground in each destination. Also, rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to the extent possible.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
This trip was one of my best. The itinerary was just right. Everything went to perfection
This was my third trip with Insight Tours. It was a very good tour. I chose Insight because of their itinerary for this particular tour.
The best of the trip, definitely the staff! Thanks!
Best price for the tour when you book with Affordable Tours
Insight took wonderful care of us
We had a wonderful experience, as always. We are excited to plan our next trip with Rachel. We love Insight Tours. They are consistently wonderful, as is Rachel
We love Insight Vacations! This was our 12th tour!
It was a wonderful trip of a lifetime
Great trip, Affordable Tours did an outstanding in booking this trip and was one of the best we have taken. The person that we worked with (Tamara) was very courteous, professional and knowledgeable in getting us get the best price available for the tour.
Nina was very helpful and made great recommendations based on her experience as a travel agent. I will highly recommend her to my friends when they are ready to make travel plans! Excellent!!!
Our Insight tour was excellent in every way. The accommodations, meals, bus, were all very high quality. The tour director and bus driver were experienced and friendly. The tour itself was fascinating as were many of the optionals.
Everything about this Insight tour was excellent. Great hotels/locations, wonderful choices for the included dinners and the included excursions were all great. Little or no options needed for this trip. Best of all was the Tour Manager, Keith McKenzie. His time management, knowledge of the areas where the hotels were located and the sites we visited were above and beyond our expectations. He was very knowledgeable and especially entertaining and his love for his job was evident at all times.
Loved my trip with Insight Tours. Absolutely wonderful.
Excellent tour director and driver. Nice hotels that were clean and offered excellent food.
This was my first experience with a tour package. I was very pleased with my experience. I will use this company again in the future and recommend it to others.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!