LOW UNPUBLISHED PRICES ON TRAFALGAR TOURSWhy pay full price? Call us or click above for a quick quote and save money on Trafalgar Tours.
5% Savings on Group Vacations
5% Savings on Group Vacations
Group benefits and applicable discounts apply to Scheduled Departure and Exclusive Departure groups only, booked on the same booking number. Group benefits and discounts do not apply to Custom Groups, flight segments, train vacations, cruises, extensions or any pre/post-trip additions. Group Benefits are not available on all trips and/or departure dates and are not combinable with Limited Time Offers. Please refer to your group’s contract for further details. Other conditions may apply.
You’re in for an adventure on this tour of Peru exploring Inca treasures, wild landscapes, and ancient legends, all topped off with the opportunity to sample classic Peruvian pisco sour. Step back in time at Machu Picchu, get lost in the heady buzz of a local market in Lima and discover textile art from a Quechua scholar.
Arrive LimaWelcome to the Capital of the New World – the launch pad to our effortlessly delivered encounter with the iconic and unexpected highlights of Peru. On arrival in Lima, you’ll be transferred to your hotel in the exclusive barrio of San Isidro where you’ll enjoy a Welcome Reception this evening to meet your Travel Director and travel companions.Accommodation: Novotel Lima San Isidro
Experience the Sights and Flavours of Lima Connect with LocalsConnect with the colonial heritage of Francisco Pizzaro’s 'City of Kings', admiring the colonial splendour of Lima’s UNESCO-listed Historic Centre. Stand in the birthplace of this ancient, yet modern city, surrounded by the Baroque façades of Cathedral of Lima and Palace of the Union. See the Church of San Francisco and discover its hidden catacombs. Celebrate Lima’s status as the culinary capital of South America and Connect With Locals when you meet Ignacio Barrios, who has worked alongside many of Peru's most award-winning chefs. We visit a local market where Ignacio will explain how Peruvian fruits, vegetables, seafood and meats are the basis of Peruvian cooking. Then, continue to Chef Ignacio's cooking school where we’ll enjoy a demonstration on how to prepare some of Peru's most popular dishes and have an opportunity to sample some at a Be My Guest experience lunch before spending the rest of the day at leisure.Accommodation: Novotel Lima San Isidro
Journey to the Sacred Valley Dive Into Culture Connect with Locals Make Travel Matter Stays With StoriesBoard a morning flight to Cusco and the Sacred Valley. Dive Into Culture when you visit the Pisac market, displaying Quechua arts and crafts, then continue to a former 18th?century colonial-style monastery in the Sacred Valley, our hotel for the night. Connect With Locals and meet Nilda Callañaupa Alvarez, a master Quechua weaver, and the first person from her village to attend university. She has been an ambassador for Andean traditions since she began learning ancient pre-Columbian weaving techniques as a young girl in the 1960s. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience as your visit helps to preserve and promote traditional pre-Columbian weaving techniques in the 21st century.Accommodation: Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay
Meals: Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Explore iconic Machu PicchuThe mystical empire of the Incas takes centre stage today. We visit the famous Sacred Valley stronghold of Ollantaytambo with a Local Specialist, before boarding the Vistadome train (light snack included) for our epic journey to Machu Picchu, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Delve into the mysteries of this once-great civilisation, admiring the 15th century stone ruins of temples, palaces and terraces perched high amidst the clouds. Join your Local Specialist for an exploration of the iconic great Temple of the Sun, the House of the Priest, the Sacred Plaza and the Intihuatana, an intricately carved rock most likely used as a sundial centuries ago. We return to our hotel where we dine tonight.Accommodation: El MaPi
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
The Sites of Machu Picchu and Cusco Dive Into CultureThe ancient ruins of Machu Picchu beckon again and we have an opportunity to re-connect with this ancient wonder. We board a train to the Sacred Valley, then head to the colonial city of Cusco, stopping en route at a local chicheria. Dive Into Culture and enjoy the sweet flavours of chicha as you learn how this Peruvian corn beer is brewed by the local women.Accommodation: Hotel Novotel Cusco
Step Back in Time in Cusco Dive Into CultureDiscover Cusco’s colonial center with your Local Specialist, highlighting the city’s most important landmarks of both the Inca and the Colonial times including the Plaza de Armas where a cathedral stands on the ruins of the ancient Inca Palace. Stop at the Temple of the Sun, Korikancha, before visiting the ruins of Sacsayhuaman, a UNESCO-listed Incan fortress with tremendous views over Cusco. The afternoon is free to join an optional experience including a visit to the Chocolate Museum, Cusco off the beaten track or the Incan agricultural greenhouse and salt wells of Maras & Maray.Accommodation: Hotel Novotel Cusco
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Delve into Pre-Columbian Art in Lima Dive Into CultureA leisurely start to our day sees us return to Lima this afternoon. Meet a Local Specialist at the Larco Museum, which houses the largest private collection of pre-Columbian art in the world. This evening we join our travel companions for a Farewell Dinner in the museum's garden restaurant.Accommodation: Novotel Lima San Isidro
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Depart LimaOur discovery of an ancient civilisation has come to an end. We transfer to the airport for your onward flight or perhaps extend your stay at the Novotel Lima.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 7 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- 2 Dinner (D)
- 1 Regional Dinner (RD)
- 1 Farewell Dinner (FD)
Be My Guest
- Lima: Visit a local market with Chef Ignacio and enjoy a special lunch at his cooking school.
Dive Into Culture
- Cusco: Enjoy the flavours of chicha, a Peruvian corn beer. Hear about how chicha is brewed by the local indigenous women and its history dating back to the time of the Incas as a favourite drink of the Andes. Learn about the two types of chicha, alcoholic sour chicha de jora made from fermented jora corn and the non-alcoholic, sweet chicha morada.
- Cusco: Enjoy cusquenian dishes and a folkloric dance perfomance.
- Lima: Take in the highlights of Lima, the 'City of the Kings,' including a panoramic view of the ancient districts. Join a local specialist for a visit to the UNESCO-listed Historic Center. Learn how before it was destroyed by earthquakes in the mid-18th century, observing how the historic buildings display a collaboration between local craftspeople and others from the Old World. Then drive along the coastline as you learn more about the fascinating history of Peru's capital city.
- Cusco: Visit the mystical Incan stronghold of Ollantaytambo with a Local Specialist. These famous ruins are a massive Inca fortress made of large stone terraces stretching out across a hillside. Walk among the stone platforms, the sun temple of six monoliths and the Princess Baths fountain ? the Baño de la Nusta at the base of the ruins flowing from carved stone into a pool. Over your exploration, learn how the old town is an Inca-era grid of cobblestoned streets and adobe buildings.
- Machu Picchu: Soak in every moment of your Machu Picchu tour in style as you descend to the Lost City in the clouds aboard the Vistadome train. Travelling the Inca Trail, you’ll traverse dramatic landscapes with a panoramic view of the soaring peaks, river, and ruins. Sit back and relax as you enjoy this multi-sensory journey complete with background music, an informative audio commentary highlighting interesting sites, and an included light snack.
- Machu Picchu: Take a shuttle to the top of the mountain where you’ll meet your local specialist for a guided hike of Machu Picchu. You’ll learn about Machu Picchu’s history and the use of each section of including ceremonial, storage, agriculture, temples, astronomical, and observatory as well as the possible reasons why the Incas left Machu Picchu.
- Machu Picchu: The ruins of Machu Picchu beckon yet again and we enjoy one final opportunity to reconnect with its story. Journey to take in the ruins at sunrise spending some time on your own to explore the hill-top fortress. Soak in every moment at this iconic site, making stops at points of interest while your guide shares their insights on the archaeological sites.
- Cusco: Join your Local Specialist for a guided walk through Cusco's colonial centre, including the nearby 13th century Incan settlement of Koricancha. Here in Cusco’s Golden Temple of the Sun dedicated to the Sun God Inti, view the trapezoidal and irregular shapes and rounded edges. Note how the stones fit together and were built simply by placing them on top of each other without using any mortar. This staggered placement also enables them to withstand earthquakes.
- Cusco: Begin your day at the ruins of the UNESCO-listed Sacsayhuamán fortress overlooking Cusco. With zig zagging walls and ruins of giant stones, see how the shape and harmony of the landscape is similar to Machu Picchu. Stroll through this Incan architecture of sacred buildings such as residential buildings, towers, shrines, warehouses, roads and aqueducts. And while you may not be able to take in the grand scale, the complex design is based on the shape of the head of a puma, a sacred animal in Inca spirituality.
- Lima: Join a local specialist for a tour of the Rafael Larco Herrera Museum which houses the largest private collection of pre-Columbian Peruvian art in the world. You'll also explore the extensive collection of Peruvian gold and silver from ancient times. Learn the history of the museum founded by Rafael Larco on July 28th, 1926 in Trujillo followed by in 1958 when Larco moved his collection to Lima to a unique colonial residence built on top of a VIII century pyramid.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER®
- Sacred Valley: Enjoy a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience meeting Nilda Callañaupa Alvarez, a master Quechua weaver and the first person from her village to attend university. She has been an ambassador for Andean traditions since she began learning ancient pre-Columbian weaving techniques as a young girl in the 1960s. You'll learn about traditional weaving practice using natural dyeing techniques and its importance to their identity and culture. Your visit makes a difference in helping to preserve and promote traditional pre-Columbian weaving techniques in the 21st century.
- : Explore Lima and Cusco with a Local Specialist and try Peruvian food during a cooking demonstration
- : Visit the outdoor market at Pisac, the ruins at Ollantaytambo, two visits to the 15th century fortress of Machu Picchu, historic Sacsayhuaman, the Larco Museum in Lima and meet a master Quechua weaver
- : Scenic Drive through the Sacred Valley and in Peru's Andean highlands
- : Scenic Train Ride to Machu Picchu aboard the Vistadome train
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : A Trafalgar Bonus all Intra-Air Flights: Lima to Cusco and Cusco to Lima, including porter service at all airports.
- : Tickets for a ride aboard the Vistadome train to Machu Picchu
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- A Trafalgar Bonus all Intra-Air Flights: Lima to Cusco and Cusco to Lima, including porter service at all airports.
- Tickets for a ride aboard the Vistadome train to Machu Picchu
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
Health and Safety Protocols for Trafalgar Tours
Trafalgar has introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols – for you and team members.
You can travel with Trafalgar and be assured that their team has put numerous new measures in place to elevate their hygiene standards and protocols. The well-being of guests and team has always been, and always will be, their primary concern.
In this new, fast changing Covid-19 era, Trafalgar is doing all they can to adapt to new requirements and expectations. Here are some important new steps and procedures that they have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you the peace of mind when you are traveling during these new times.Expertly Trained Travel Directors
Travel Director training equips them with enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. Before you travel, Trafalgar will also keep you well informed about new protocols required in these areas, and ask that you cooperate with and heed the advice and direction of Travel Directors while on your trip. The Travel Directors have preventative measures in place to try and ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.Stringent On-the-Road Protocols
The customized luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, Trafalgar have taken additional measures to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations. The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All the guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitising when required. Hand sanitiser is freely available on board for your use throughout the day. Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitiser to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.A Full Team of Support 24/7
It’s not just your Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.Physical Distancing
Adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements, you can rest assured that you will travel with the comfort of your own personal space. Have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants you’ll enjoy on your trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines.Trusted Partners, Exceptional Standards
Trafalgar is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of the guests as seriously as Trafalgar does and agrees to meet expected guidelines and specifications. Trafalgar only works with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their high standards.Always in the Know
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) , Trafalgar is kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of the partners on the ground in each destination. Also, rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to the extent possible.
Question: Can a trip to the Galapagos Islands be added...at either end?
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
This trip was well organized the tour guide Freddy was excellent and spoke English very well, The buses were new and very comfortable. the drivers were very experienced and put safety first. My wife and I had a great time and a wonderful experience.
Harvey was an excellent guide throughout the trip
We arrived at the hotel on our first day around 7AM, the hotel charged us$100 for earlier check in, I wish we have got some alternatives for early arrival.
Thoroughly recommend Trafalgar and this tour. Excellent organization, itinerary, and tour director. Great value for the money. Every one of the 38 participants was happy ! and
Hary and his staff were great and everything went well.
My only comment is that Peru is not an easy country to visit. Have to deal with altitude, being careful about what you eat and drink, temperature swings, sun, bugs, and long trips to get from different cities, whether by bus, van or air. Natural sights are spectacular though.
Trafalgar is great! They make the travel experience best than anyone else we've traveled with. We will book them again.
The itinerary was absolutely within my expectations.
From start to finish this trip was outstanding. Transfers and travel within Peru went smoothly, the included sightseeing was wonderful, meals were very good, hotels were clean, comfortable and well located, and the tour director was excellent.
It was a fantastic tour! I don't know how Trafalgar made any money on this tour. Everything was wonderful - food, accommodations, tour and guides!!!
4 fellow travelers had money stolen at a stop in the countryside. They were told they could leave their purses on the bus by the guide (who otherwise was excellent). Otherwise it was a fabulous trip to an exotic, fascinating locale.
This is the third time we travel with trafalgar and I recommend it very highly. All personnel starting with reservations to the actual tour are extremely helpful. I had my reservations going to Peru, regarding safety issues and the altitude. However, your staff make us feel comfortable and the trip was above my expectations. Everything that was under the control of your staff was taking care. The trip was wonderful, we enjoyed every single day, it was worry free, the beauty of the scenery was beautiful and your staff are outstanding.
Accomodations were all first class, except at Aguas Calientes, where we stayed at El Mapi instead of the Huatchay Towers as expected (apparently Huatchay is under renovations). Rooms at Mapi were musty and we had no hot water for the first 1 1/2 hrs. after we checked in. Seeing the size of the town and its location, I don't know if you can expect much though. Our tour guide was EXCELLENT!. He really enhanced the entire experience with his knowledge, sense of humor, and personal attention.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!