LOW UNPUBLISHED PRICES ON TRAFALGAR TOURSWhy pay full price? Call us or click above for a quick quote and save money on Trafalgar Tours.
5% Savings on Group Vacations
5% Savings on Group Vacations
Group benefits and applicable discounts apply to Scheduled Departure and Exclusive Departure groups only, booked on the same booking number. Group benefits and discounts do not apply to Custom Groups, flight segments, train vacations, cruises, extensions or any pre/post-trip additions. Group Benefits are not available on all trips and/or departure dates and are not combinable with Limited Time Offers. Please refer to your group’s contract for further details. Other conditions may apply.
Walk in the very place western civilisation was born as your travels reveal all the best of Greece highlights. From the other-worldly clifftop Meteora monasteries to walking the Sacred Way as the ancients once did in Delphi, this journey back in time will bring centuries of history to life.
Welcome to AthensPut the 'oh' in opa and embark on an unforgettable exploration of an ancient land of gods and goddesses, myths and legends. Your springboard to your spellbinding holiday is the vibrant capital of Athens, an effortless mix of ancient treasures and modern verve, which you will have an opportunity to explore after being transferred to your hotel. This evening, join your Travel Director and travel companions for a light meal.Accommodation: Divani Palace Acropolis
Explore Amazing Athens Dive Into CultureJoin your Local Specialist for a guided morning sightseeing tour to the ancient complex that was once the 'Cradle of Western Civilisation'. Along our journey into antiquity, we'll have an opportunity to explore the Acropolis with its treasures and admire the Parthenon, dedicated to the goddess Athena, the Royal Palace, Temple of Zeus and the Agora, once the haunt of Socrates and Plato. Dive Into Culture and see remarkable displays of an ancient world during an included visit to the Acropolis Museum, and see Hadrian's Arch and the stadium where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy on your own. Stroll through the Plaka, people-watch in Syntagma Square or go in search of the city's tastiest souvlaki – the choice is yours.Accommodation: Divani Palace Acropolis
Journey to Corinth, Mycenae and NafplionWe depart Athens this morning, crossing the mighty Corinth Canal to the wild Peloponnesian Peninsula. Arriving in Corinth, we join a Local Specialist to explore an ancient city that several empires fought over throughout the centuries. We continue to Mycenae, a mighty kingdom of Ancient Greece, where we'll see the Beehive Tombs (the Treasury of Atreus), the Lion Gate and the remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace, in the company of a Local Specialist. Later, we'll travel to Epidaurus to visit the ancient theatre and view the Sanctuary of Asclepius, the God of Medicine, whose snake-entwined staff remains the symbol of medicine to this day. Arriving in the Venetian town of Nafplion later, we'll dine in our hotel this evening.Accommodation: Amalia Nafplio
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Continue to Ancient Olympia Connect with LocalsWe traverse the Mountains of Arcadia to ancient Olympia, the site of the first Olympic Games held in 776 BC. This evening, we Connect With Locals joining the Karambellas family for dinner on their olive and wine farm at a Be My Guest experience featuring traditional dancing and characteristic Greek philoxenia.Accommodation: Amalia Olympia
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Onwards to Patras and DelphiWe join a Local Specialist this morning to delve into centuries of history. We'll visit the ancient Olympic site, the museum and the ruined remains of the Temples of Zeus and Hera. Leaving Olympia, we skirt the coastline north to Patras, crossing the Gulf of Corinth to mainland Greece before continuing to Delphi, where you may wish to try your hand at preparing some local dishes during an interactive cooking lesson.Accommodation: Amalia Delphi
Off to Thermopylae and KalambakaTread in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks, who would descend on the sanctuary of Delphi to consult with the most important oracle in the classical world. Join your Local Specialist and walk the Sacred Way to the 4th-century Temple of Apollo. View the statues immortalising the strength of the athletes who once competed in the Pythian Games, held in honour of Apollo and the Arts. Continue on to a family-ran honey farm for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience. Taste the rich thyme honey freshly collected from the hive and come up close to the unique biodiversity of the area. A scenic afternoon drive brings us to Thermopylae, famous for the heroic defence by Leonidas and his brave Spartans against the invading Persians. We cross the lush Thessaly region, the 'breadbasket of Greece', then travel over the Pourmaraki Pass towards Kalambaka.Accommodation: Amalia Kalambaka
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Admire Meteora and Return to AthensThe UNESCO World Heritage monasteries of Meteora are our first stop today. Join a Local Specialist to visit two of the six Eastern Orthodox monasteries that cling impressively to immense, rounded rock towers overlooking the town. A scenic drive returns us to Athens, where we'll enjoy a rousing Farewell Dinner with our travel companions and reminisce over an incredible journey through Greece.Accommodation: Divani Palace Acropolis, Divani Caravel, Radisson Blu Park, Crowne Plaza Athens
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Farewell AthensWe say a fond farewell to our newfound friends and the treasures of Greece after an unforgettable journey.
- 5 Dinner (D)
- 7 Breakfast (B)
Be My Guest
- Olympia: Say opa! to an Olympic Be My Guest experience with the Karambellas family on their olive and wine farm, followed by a traditional dinner and dancing.
Dive Into Culture
- Athens: Visit the Acropolis Museum containing remarkable antiquities giving visitors an insight into the lives of Athenians centuries ago.
- Athens: Delve into Athens with a Local Specialist. See the iconic highlights of this ancient city, from the Acropolis to the site of the first modern Olympics.
- Corinth: Cross the amazing rock-cut channel dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece. Join a Local Specialist and gain insight into Corinth's eventful past.
- Archaeological Site of Mycenae: Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal beehive-tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, while hearing tales of Agamemnon from your Local Specialist.
- Archaeological Site of Olympia: Join a Local Specialist to view the stadium of Olympia which hosted the ancient Olympic Games and Heraia, the women's games in honour of Hera. See the Temple of Zeus, athlete's gymnasium and the stone marker where the sprint began.
- Delphi: With your Local Specialist, walk to The Sacred Way once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where people once sought divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Thermopylae: See the Leonidas Monument dedicated to the brave warrior and his 300 Spartans.
- Meteora: With a Local Specialist, visit two of the remarkable centuries-old monasteries of Meteora, teetering on towers of rock and arguably the most spectacular place to visit in Greece.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER®
- Delphi: Meet passionate beekeeper Nikiforos at his honey farm for a taste of his special thyme honey, known to be one of the most nutritious in the world. See the bees thriving in their natural habitat and learn about their role in nature regeneration. This experience advances Global Goal 15: Life on Land. Traditionally a beekeeping area, Delphi has lost most of its beekeeping activity. The decline in bee populations has seen a significant loss of biodiversity. Thanks to their effort, Nikiforos and his family and rebuilding a local activity and directly contributing to regenerating the land.
- : Explore Athens, Meteora, Delphi, Olympia, Epidaurus, Mycenae and Corinth with a Local Specialist
- : Visit the Acropolis and Museum in Athens, the ancient ruins in Corinth, the ancient theatre at Epidaurus, the Olympic Stadium in Olympia, the home of the Oracle at Delphi, and the incredible rock monasteries in Meteora
- : View the Parthenon, Agora, Royal Palace and Temple of Zeus in Athens, the Sanctuary of Asclepius at Epidaurus and the battle site at Thermopylae
- : See the Corinth Canal, the Lion Gate and Agamemnon's Palace at Mycenae
- : Explore: Athens, Meteora, Delphi, Olympia, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Corinth, ancient Ephesus with a Local Specialist
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
Health and Safety Protocols for Trafalgar Tours
Trafalgar has introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols – for you and team members.
You can travel with Trafalgar and be assured that their team has put numerous new measures in place to elevate their hygiene standards and protocols. The well-being of guests and team has always been, and always will be, their primary concern.
In this new, fast changing Covid-19 era, Trafalgar is doing all they can to adapt to new requirements and expectations. Here are some important new steps and procedures that they have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you the peace of mind when you are traveling during these new times.Expertly Trained Travel Directors
Travel Director training equips them with enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. Before you travel, Trafalgar will also keep you well informed about new protocols required in these areas, and ask that you cooperate with and heed the advice and direction of Travel Directors while on your trip. The Travel Directors have preventative measures in place to try and ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.Stringent On-the-Road Protocols
The customized luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, Trafalgar have taken additional measures to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations. The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All the guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitising when required. Hand sanitiser is freely available on board for your use throughout the day. Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitiser to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.A Full Team of Support 24/7
It’s not just your Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.Physical Distancing
Adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements, you can rest assured that you will travel with the comfort of your own personal space. Have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants you’ll enjoy on your trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines.Trusted Partners, Exceptional Standards
Trafalgar is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of the guests as seriously as Trafalgar does and agrees to meet expected guidelines and specifications. Trafalgar only works with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their high standards.Always in the Know
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) , Trafalgar is kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of the partners on the ground in each destination. Also, rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to the extent possible.
Question: Do your tours include airfare?
Question: Are airport to hotel and hotel to airport transfers after reaching and leaving Athens included in this tour?
Question: Does the price include airfare?
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Well organized tour. Highly recommend
Going on Trafalgar before, there was not enough downtime, or free time to explore more of the place is your at. the group food was not good, In most of the experiences on this trip
This tour far exceeded our expectations. The best part of the trip was the tour director, Lisa. She was caring, organized, very personable and tireless in her efforts to make this trip an extremely pleasant and comfortable for the group. We had an exceptional driver, a very comfortable bus, and very good local guides. The itinerary was excellent and the pace was just right. Lisa arranged lunches at very nice places, which made it very easy and helped with keeping good time. We will most definitely consider travelling with Trafalgar again.
Wonderful trip and very professional tour leader!
it was an amazing 2 weeks.
Will deal with Allyson only!
Hue was wonderful. Have is the best price and was accommodating either replies.
This was an amazing trip, with lots of little details included.
Would have liked to know which cd was being played. I asked tour director several times. Great mythology cd on bus Wonderful tour, knowledgeable guides, great driver, interesting trip
The unexpectedly excellent weather made our trip totally enjoyable. Our tour guide had been very nice and helpful.
In some hotels, the drainage at the shower didn't work properly. Buffet dinners at the hotels were mediocre and lukewarm. Local specialists were mediocre. Not enough time spent in archaeological sites (but more than enough time for shopping). Half a day in Athens isn't sufficient. Optional events too expensive.
The only problem we had was that there was duplication from one tour to the other in which we paid for but did not use. We did not discover this until the last minute and wish it was brought to our attention at time of booking. We literally paid for 10 days and did not use 3 of them.
the night at the Delphi Palace was the low light, highly recommend change there.
Thank you for such professional assistance.
The tour was very well organized. A real benefit was that Trafalgar provided transportation to/from the airport- get to have after a long flight. I will book them again.
I had a great time with Trafalgar Tours. It was a great learning and cultural experience.
Some of the hotel rooms in Turkey are very warm; air conditioner not working properly. Our "Be My Guest Lunch" at Pergamon area was not sanitary and good at all. It was held at the homes of some of the villagers. It was in the open and flies are flying around.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!