LOW UNPUBLISHED PRICES ON TRAFALGAR TOURSWhy pay full price? Call us or click above for a quick quote and save money on Trafalgar Tours.
5% Savings on Group Vacations
5% Savings on Group Vacations
Group benefits and applicable discounts apply to Scheduled Departure and Exclusive Departure groups only, booked on the same booking number. Group benefits and discounts do not apply to Custom Groups, flight segments, train vacations, cruises, extensions or any pre/post-trip additions. Group Benefits are not available on all trips and/or departure dates and are not combinable with Limited Time Offers. Please refer to your group’s contract for further details. Other conditions may apply.
All the iconic Italian cities and some lesser-known treasures like Turin and Ferrara are yours to discover during an epic 10 days in Italy. Learn why Rome was once the centre of western civilisation, raise a glass to la bella vita in Tuscany, and sample all those famous foodie flavours of Bologna.
Ciao RomeTread in the footsteps of emperors – your first encounter with intoxicating Italy is the 'Eternal City' and its glorious past which you will have an opportunity to explore on your own before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception. This evening, we enjoy an enchanting antipasto of our Italian Discovery during an orientation drive past some of the city's most famous sights.Accommodation: Villafranca
Discover Ancient Rome and the Vatican City Dive Into CultureOur exploration of Rome begins at the Vatican Museums where we have priority admission, allowing entry to view the masterpieces collected by Popes throughout the centuries. Dive Into Culture during an included sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist, admire Michelangelo's magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel, and visit St. Peter's Basilica to see his famous Pietà. Crossing the Tiber, we venture to Ancient Rome to see where hundreds of thousands of spectators would cheer chariot riders to victory at the Circus Maximus. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the magnificent sights of what was once the capital of the world, or kick back in a piazza soaking up the aromas of fine coffee while you watch the world go by.Accommodation: Villafranca
Onwards to Florence Connect with LocalsToday we drive north through rolling Tuscan landscapes to the Renaissance city of Florence. Beauty and artistry seep through the walls of the city’s exquisite palazzi, churches and bridges. Embark on a walking tour with your Local Specialist. Visit the Piazza della Signoria, which once lay at the heart of the flourishing Florentine Republic, then admire the exquisite marble Duomo and famous Baptistery renowned for its bronze doors with relief sculptures. Learn about the quality and workmanship of one of this city's historic industries at a demonstration of Florentine leathercraft. Later, enjoy some free time on your own before this evening, we Connect With Locals during dinner at a Be My Guest experience with Count Miari Fulcis on his 15th-century organic olive oil estate in the Tuscan hills.Accommodation: Ambasciatori
Admire Pisa and on to TurinA short journey brings us to Pisa and its Square of Miracles, home to the famous Leaning Tower, ornate Baptistery and Cathedral. We continue northwards, past the marble quarries of Carrara and the resort hubs of Portofino, Rapallo and Genoa in Liguria before arriving in sophisticated Turin. This afternoon, we venture through the grand boulevards of this aristocratic city during an orientation drive which will reveal the impressive Castello del Valentino and Po River, the longest in Italy.Accommodation: Concord
Journey to Lake Como and MilanWe leave Turin and continue to the Italian lakes for a stop at Lake Como. Then it’s on to the economic powerhouse that is Milan, where we'll enjoy a walking tour with a Local Specialist to explore the city's spectacular sights. We view the ornate Duomo, one of the grandest Gothic cathedrals in the world, the ancient Galleria shopping arcade and the celebrated La Scala Opera House. This evening, join your companions for a delicious Regional Dinner at a local restaurant.Accommodation: Starhotels Business Palace
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Off to Historic Verona and VeniceShakespeare's star-crossed lovers feature on our stop in Verona where we'll view Juliet's Balcony and the 1st-century ancient Roman arena still in use today. Crossing the Veneto plains, we arrive in what was once the haunt of Casanova and Marco Polo, enchanting Venice.Accommodation: Viktoria Palace Lido
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Explore the Floating City Make Travel MatterWitness first-hand the exquisite tradition of Venetian glassblowing - a tradition that spans centuries. Your MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience helps to preserve this age-old tradition passed down through the generations. You’ll be tempted to buy a souvenir to remind you of their skill and talent after watching them work their magic. Later, board a private launch and cruise to St. Mark's Square, the gateway of Venice and our introduction to such sights as the Doge's Palace and the Byzantine Basilica. Enjoy free time to explore Venice. Wander through the labyrinthine alleys, over its bridges and into quiet squares, seeking out a quiet bacaro for some of the famous refreshing Venetian Spritz, which the locals love to take the edge of the heat of the afternoon.Accommodation: Viktoria Palace Lido
Continue to Beautiful BolognaVisit the Renaissance city of Ferrara, before arriving in Bologna – perhaps more famous for its gourmet achievements than for being the site of the oldest university in Europe. Join a Local Specialist to explore the sights, including Neptune's fountain, the Kissing Towers and Piazza Maggiore. Of course, a visit to the home of tortellini, mortadella, tagliatelle and ragù would be incomplete without taking time to sample its delicious cuisine. Buon appetito!Accommodation: Best Western Plus Tower
Venture to Assisi on the Return to RomeToday, we cross the dramatic Apennine Mountains to the mystical town of Assisi. Come face-to-face with the legacy of St. Francis, founder of the Franciscan Order, during a walking tour of his home town with a Local Specialist. Visit the Basilica of St. Francis and see his tomb, before returning to Rome past the scenic hill-town of Orte. Tonight, we celebrate a journey of discovery through Italy during a Farewell Dinner with our companions and Travel Director.Accommodation: A. Roma Lifestyle
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Farewell RomeOur journey together has come to an end so, for now, it's a fond arrivederci to your newfound friends at the end of your memorable Italian holiday. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 9 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 1 Regional Dinner (RD)
- 1 Dinner (D)
- 1 Farewell Dinner (FD)
Be My Guest
- Florence: Enjoy a local Tuscan Be My Guest dinner with Count Miari Fulcis on his 15th-century organic olive oil estate in the Tuscan hills, used as a location for many famous films like 'Room with a View' and 'Tea with Mussolini'.
Dive Into Culture
- Rome: Gain early access to the Vatican Museums to marvel at the magnificent work of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
- Rome: During an orientation with your Travel Director see the medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches scattered throughout the city.
- Rome: Experience Rome through the eyes of a local, as a passionate Roman guides you past the city's most iconic sites.
- Tuscany: View the stunning landscape of Tuscany on your drive today.
- Florence: Join a Local Specialist to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods, and witness a gold and leatherwork demonstration.
- Pisa: During an orientation, your Travel Director will show you the baptistery, cathedral and the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Turin: See Turin's architectural highlights and natural landmarks on an orientation drive with your Travel Director.
- Como: Take in exquisite views of the lake and its alpine backdrop as you enjoy an orientation of this magnificent town.
- Milan: Explore Italy's renowned fashion capital with your Local Specialist. See the magnificent facade of Milan Cathedral, La Scala Theatre and the glass-vaulted shopping arcade of Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, lined with luxury boutiques.
- Verona: During an exploration of Verona, see Juliet's balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Bologna: Join a Local Specialist on an exploration of Bologna. See the medieval squares and red-bricked façades of this historic city.
- Assisi: With a Local Specialist, find out why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered to be one of the crowning artisitic achievements of 13th-century Europe.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER®
- Venice: Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- : VIP Admission to the Vatican Museums
- : Explore Rome, Florence, Milan, Bologna and Assisi with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Turin and Venice
- : Visit St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel in Rome, a glassblowing factory in Venice, the medieval city of Ferrara and the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
- : Scenic Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Health and Safety Protocols for Trafalgar Tours
Trafalgar has introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols – for you and team members.
You can travel with Trafalgar and be assured that their team has put numerous new measures in place to elevate their hygiene standards and protocols. The well-being of guests and team has always been, and always will be, their primary concern.
In this new, fast changing Covid-19 era, Trafalgar is doing all they can to adapt to new requirements and expectations. Here are some important new steps and procedures that they have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you the peace of mind when you are traveling during these new times.Expertly Trained Travel Directors
Travel Director training equips them with enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. Before you travel, Trafalgar will also keep you well informed about new protocols required in these areas, and ask that you cooperate with and heed the advice and direction of Travel Directors while on your trip. The Travel Directors have preventative measures in place to try and ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.Stringent On-the-Road Protocols
The customized luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, Trafalgar have taken additional measures to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations. The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All the guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitising when required. Hand sanitiser is freely available on board for your use throughout the day. Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitiser to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.A Full Team of Support 24/7
It’s not just your Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.Physical Distancing
Adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements, you can rest assured that you will travel with the comfort of your own personal space. Have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants you’ll enjoy on your trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines.Trusted Partners, Exceptional Standards
Trafalgar is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of the guests as seriously as Trafalgar does and agrees to meet expected guidelines and specifications. Trafalgar only works with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their high standards.Always in the Know
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) , Trafalgar is kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of the partners on the ground in each destination. Also, rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to the extent possible.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
All hotels were first class.
Sally our tour director, amazing.
Tour Director and "Local Specialists" were excellent.
I was dissapointed in the fact that some excursions lacked what was desribed and would not have done if had known. Lake como mentioned riding up a funcular and that wasn\'t done and in St Marks we where suppose to go to another room that we didnt go to. I could have gone in for few euros and not paid 50 for that tour.
The vacation I have always dreamed about just came true!
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!