LOW UNPUBLISHED PRICES ON TRAFALGAR TOURSWhy pay full price? Call us or click above for a quick quote and save money on Trafalgar Tours.
5% Savings on Group Vacations
5% Savings on Group Vacations
Group benefits and applicable discounts apply to Scheduled Departure and Exclusive Departure groups only, booked on the same booking number. Group benefits and discounts do not apply to Custom Groups, flight segments, train vacations, cruises, extensions or any pre/post-trip additions. Group Benefits are not available on all trips and/or departure dates and are not combinable with Limited Time Offers. Please refer to your group’s contract for further details. Other conditions may apply.
From the cloud forests of the Andes to the birthplace of the sun at Lake Titicaca, this journey through Peru's altiplanos and the famous floating Uros Islands traces the ancient past of the Incas. Visits with local weavers, corn farmers, and expert photographers infuse this Peru tour with captivating culture.
Arrive LimaBienvenidos a Lima, where we’ll kick-start our effortlessly delivered journey to the iconic and unexpected sights and sounds of Peru. On arrival, transfer to your hotel, Novotel Lima, where this evening you’ll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.Accommodation: Novotel Lima San Isidro
Lima SightseeingTake your time this morning and embrace the warm welcome of the 'City of Kings'. We’ll meet a Local Specialist who will reveal the city’s highlights including Lima’s UNESCO-listed Historic Centre and the baroque-style Church of San Francisco. Descend into the city’s underground catacombs and admire the religious paintings, sculptures and books on display in its religious art museum and extensive library.Accommodation: Novotel Lima San Isidro
Lima – Cusco – Sacred Valley (2 Nights) Dive Into Culture Stays With StoriesWe board a morning flight to Cusco, the gateway to Peru's treasured Sacred Valley, where you'll enjoy a Peruvian lunch with sweeping views of the Sacred Valley. Then we'll Dive Into Culture and meet a Shaman who will perform a special ceremony welcoming you to Peru. Tonight, you'll check in at your Stays With Stories along the banks of the Vilcanota River, on the grounds of an old 17th-century colonial hacienda. It is great for morning birders and afternoon walks in the gardens.Accommodation: Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
Sacred Valley Connect with LocalsConnect With Locals over a Be My Guest experience lunch, learn about the culture surrounding the production of Giant White Corn. Our hosts will demonstrate the differences between traditional farming techniques and the newer technologies used today. Revel in the romance of the local Marinera dance. The marinera is the best-known couple dance on the coast of Peru. It is characterized by the use of handkerchiefs, steps of great elegance and rhythmic music similar to the Aragonese jota, the zamacueca and the Chilean cueca, but with its own Peruvian identity that flaunts the Hispano-indigenous-African miscegenation. For the same reason, over the years Andean and highland versions have emerged. This evening, meet Local Specialist, Peter Frost, a writer, photographer and independent scholar who has explored the Andes and Amazon for 47 years, locating and investigating the previously unknown Inca and pre-Inca site of Qoriwayrachina. He currently resides in Peru and works as an accompanying expert for National Geographic Expeditions.Accommodation: Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Sacred Valley – Machu Picchu Connect with LocalsVisit the mystical Incan stronghold of Ollantaytambo with a Local Specialist, en route to Machu Picchu, a village in the Sacred Valley, set on the Urubamba River amid majestic mountains. It's known for the Ollantaytambo ruins, a massive Inca fortress with large stone terraces on a hillside. Then, ascend to the Lost City in the Clouds aboard the Vistadome train (light snack included), travel by where the Inca Trail starts, where you can view hikers and porters along the way. Here you will delve into the mysteries of this once-great civilisation, joining your Local Specialist for an exploration of the temples, palaces and terraces whose construction defy imagination. Visit the iconic great Temple of the Sun, the House of the Priest, the Sacred Plaza and the intricately carved Intihuatana, most likely used as a sundial centuries ago. After returning to our hotel we will Connect With Locals and learn how to prepare an authentic Ceviche and pour the perfect Pisco sour.Accommodation: SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Machu Picchu – Cusco Dive Into CultureThe ruins of Machu Picchu beckon yet again and we enjoy one final opportunity to reconnect with its story, spending some time on our own to explore the hill-top fortress. Next, we’ll journey back to the Sacred Valley by train, stopping en route to Cusco to MAKE TRAVEL MATTER and learn about the natural dyeing techniques used by native weavers. Visit the Pisac handicraft market followed by sampling the sweet flavours of chicha as we Dive Into Culture, savouring the favourite drink of the Andes. Then a Stays With Stories tonight, in what was once an old, colonial Hacienda located in the historic centre of Cusco.Accommodation: Hotel Novotel Cusco
Cusco SightseeingBegin your day at the ruins of the UNESCO-listed Sacsayhuaman fortress overlooking Cusco. Explore the city of Cusco, visiting the Cathedral, the Main Square of Cusco, and Korikancha. The afternoon is free is free to spend time on your own uncovering more of the magic of Cusco.Accommodation: Hotel Novotel Cusco
Cusco – Juliaca – Lake TiticacaFly to Juliaca and meet a Local Specialist to learn about daily life on the Peruvian altiplano. After an included al fresco lunch, visit Sillustani, a pre-Incan burial ground on the shores of Lake Umayo where striking chullpas (stone tombs) are scattered across the landscape, inviting you to step back in time. Then travel via Puno along the shores to Lake Titicaca, the birthplace of the sun. Here you’ll Dive Into Culture visiting the home of Víctor Coila, his wife Mariluz, and their two daughters for a meal of quinoa bread, potatoes with cheese and authentic chaco sauce.Accommodation: GHL Hotel Lago Titicaca
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
Lake Titicaca Excursion Connect with Locals Dive Into CultureConnect With Locals as you cruise the deep blue waters of Lake Titicaca, passing floating islands constructed by the Uros people. Next, in the midst of South America’s largest lake lies Taquile Island, where we’ll Dive Into Culture and embark on a private tour to gain insights into the tradition of knitting and weaving for which the local villagers - men and women - are renowned. Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity" by UNESCO. This experience aligns with UN's Global goal 10, reduced inequalities. Enjoy a lunch here and learn more about the islanders’ unique way of life upon islets make of totora reeds, which grow in the lake, and are attached to sticks driven into the bottom of the lake. Tonight, we indulge in a Regional Dinner at our favourite local restaurant in Puno.Accommodation: GHL Hotel Lago Titicaca
Meals: Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Lake Titicaca – Juliaca – Lima Dive Into CultureThis morning we return to Lima, enjoying an afternoon at leisure after our flight. Enjoy time on your own to explore the capital of Peru, settled on the country's arid Pacific coast. We’ll join a Local Specialist this evening, visiting one of Lima's most renowned museums after dark - the Larco Museum. Admire the pre-Columbian artefacts that reveal insights into the cultures of ancient Peru. Then, sit down to a gourmet Farewell Dinner filled with Peruvian flavours as you overlook the museum's beautiful gardens.Accommodation: Novotel Lima San Isidro
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Depart LimaFor now it’s time to say a fond hasta luego to Lima and transfer to the airport for your flight home, or consider extending your stay at the Novotel Lima.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 10 Breakfast (B)
- 3 Lunch (L)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 2 Dinner (D)
- 1 Regional Dinner (RD)
- 1 Farewell Dinner (FD)
Be My Guest
- Sacred Valley: Connect with Locals over a Be My Guest experience lunch, learn about the culture surrounding the production of Giant White Corn. Our hosts will demonstrate the differences between traditional farming techniques and the newer technologies used today.
Dive Into Culture
- Sacred Valley: We'll Dive into Culture and meet a Quechua Shaman who will perform a ceremony welcoming you to Peru.
- Sacred Valley: This evening, meet Local Specialist Peter Frost, a writer, photographer and independent scholar who has explored the Andes and Amazon for 47 years, locating and investigating the previously unknown Inca and pre-Inca site of Qoriwayrachina. He currently resides in Peru and works as an accompanying expert for National Geographic Expeditions.
- Cusco: Enjoy the flavours of chicha, a Peruvian corn beer. Hear about how chicha is brewed by the local indigenous women and its history dating back to the time of the Incas as a favourite drink of the Andes. Learn about the two types of chicha, alcoholic sour chicha de jora made from fermented jora corn and the non-alcoholic, sweet chicha morada.
- Lake Titicaca: Visit the home of Víctor Coila and his wife Mariluz, and their two daughters, Luz Mery and Carla Mercedes. Join the family to try quinoa bread, potatoes with cheese, and chaco - a sauce made with a kind of clay used in cooking and medicine.
- Lima: Take in the highlights of Lima, the 'City of the Kings,' including a panoramic view of the ancient districts. Join a local specialist for a visit to the UNESCO-listed Historic Center. Learn how before it was destroyed by earthquakes in the mid-18th century, observing how the historic buildings display a collaboration between local craftspeople and others from the Old World. Then drive along the coastline as you learn more about the fascinating history of Peru's capital city.
- Machu Picchu: Learn how to prepare an authentic Ceviche and pour the perfect Pisco sour.
- Cusco: Visit the mystical Incan stronghold of Ollantaytambo with a Local Specialist. These famous ruins are a massive Inca fortress made of large stone terraces stretching out across a hillside. Walk among the stone platforms, the sun temple of six monoliths and the Princess Baths fountain ? the Baño de la Nusta at the base of the ruins flowing from carved stone into a pool. Over your exploration, learn how the old town is an Inca-era grid of cobblestoned streets and adobe buildings.
- Machu Picchu: Soak in every moment of your Machu Picchu tour in style as you descend to the Lost City in the clouds aboard the Vistadome train. Travelling the Inca Trail, you’ll traverse dramatic landscapes with a panoramic view of the soaring peaks, river, and ruins. Sit back and relax as you enjoy this multi-sensory journey complete with background music, an informative audio commentary highlighting interesting sites, and an included light snack.
- Machu Picchu: Take a shuttle to the top of the mountain where you’ll meet your local specialist for a guided hike of Machu Picchu. You’ll learn about Machu Picchu’s history and the use of each section of including ceremonial, storage, agriculture, temples, astronomical, and observatory as well as the possible reasons why the Incas left Machu Picchu.
- Machu Picchu: The ruins of Machu Picchu beckon yet again and we enjoy one final opportunity to reconnect with its story. Journey to take in the ruins at sunrise spending some time on your own to explore the hill-top fortress. Soak in every moment at this iconic site, making stops at points of interest while your guide shares their insights on the archaeological sites.
- Cusco: Join your Local Specialist for a guided walk through Cusco's colonial centre, including the nearby 13th century Incan settlement of Koricancha. Here in Cusco’s Golden Temple of the Sun dedicated to the Sun God Inti, view the trapezoidal and irregular shapes and rounded edges. Note how the stones fit together and were built simply by placing them on top of each other without using any mortar. This staggered placement also enables them to withstand earthquakes.
- Cusco: Begin your day at the ruins of the UNESCO-listed Sacsayhuamán fortress overlooking Cusco. With zig zagging walls and ruins of giant stones, see how the shape and harmony of the landscape is similar to Machu Picchu. Stroll through this Incan architecture of sacred buildings such as residential buildings, towers, shrines, warehouses, roads and aqueducts. And while you may not be able to take in the grand scale, the complex design is based on the shape of the head of a puma, a sacred animal in Inca spirituality.
- Sillustani: Enjoy lunch alfresco next to Lake Umayo on your way to Sillustani, a pre-Incan burial ground on the shores of Lake Umayo. Join a local specialist and explore its towering chullpas (above ground tombs) that cast long shadows across the landscape. Then cruise the deep blue waters of South America's largest lake - Lake Titicaca, the birthplace of the sun - through floating islands made of entirely reeds by the Uros Indians.
- Lake Titicaca: We cruise the deep blue waters of Lake Titicaca with a Local Specialist, discovering its floating islands constructed from reeds by the Uros Indians
- Lima: Join a local specialist for a tour of the Rafael Larco Herrera Museum which houses the largest private collection of pre-Columbian Peruvian art in the world. You'll also explore the extensive collection of Peruvian gold and silver from ancient times. Learn the history of the museum founded by Rafael Larco on July 28th, 1926 in Trujillo followed by in 1958 when Larco moved his collection to Lima to a unique colonial residence built on top of a VIII century pyramid.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER®
- Lake Titicaca: Arrive at Taquile Island, where we'll embark on a private tour to gain insights into the tradition of Textile Art for which the local villagers-men and women-are renowned. Learn more about the culture of the people living on the island and enjoy a traditional lunch.
- : Explore Lima and Cusco with a Local Specialist, learn about giant white corn and watch a local Marinera dance performance
- : Visit the outdoor market at Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman ruins, the Uros Islands, and enjoy a Casona San Marcos experience
- : Scenic Cruise on the Lake Titicaca
- : Scenic Drive through the Sacred Valley
- : Scenic Train Ride to Machu Picchu aboard the Vistadome train
- Sacred Valley: Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness is built along the Vilcanota riverbank, on the lands of an old 17th-century colonial hacienda.
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Tickets for a ride aboard the Vistadome train to Machu Picchu
- : A Trafalgar bonus all Intra-Air Flights: Lima to Cusco, Cusco to Juliaca and Juliaca to Lima, including porter service at all airports.
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Tickets for a ride aboard the Vistadome train to Machu Picchu
- A Trafalgar bonus all Intra-Air Flights: Lima to Cusco, Cusco to Juliaca and Juliaca to Lima, including porter service at all airports.
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
Health and Safety Protocols for Trafalgar Tours
Trafalgar has introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols – for you and team members.
You can travel with Trafalgar and be assured that their team has put numerous new measures in place to elevate their hygiene standards and protocols. The well-being of guests and team has always been, and always will be, their primary concern.
In this new, fast changing Covid-19 era, Trafalgar is doing all they can to adapt to new requirements and expectations. Here are some important new steps and procedures that they have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you the peace of mind when you are traveling during these new times.Expertly Trained Travel Directors
Travel Director training equips them with enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. Before you travel, Trafalgar will also keep you well informed about new protocols required in these areas, and ask that you cooperate with and heed the advice and direction of Travel Directors while on your trip. The Travel Directors have preventative measures in place to try and ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.Stringent On-the-Road Protocols
The customized luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, Trafalgar have taken additional measures to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations. The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All the guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitising when required. Hand sanitiser is freely available on board for your use throughout the day. Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitiser to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.A Full Team of Support 24/7
It’s not just your Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.Physical Distancing
Adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements, you can rest assured that you will travel with the comfort of your own personal space. Have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants you’ll enjoy on your trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines.Trusted Partners, Exceptional Standards
Trafalgar is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of the guests as seriously as Trafalgar does and agrees to meet expected guidelines and specifications. Trafalgar only works with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their high standards.Always in the Know
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) , Trafalgar is kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of the partners on the ground in each destination. Also, rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to the extent possible.
Question: Does this Tour include Airfares.. How much for one person?
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Wonderful trip and tour. Trafalgar is top notch. Will book again next time with Affordable Tours and Trafalgar!
This package was really what I expected. Trafalgar gives the best experience for customers
I have done several tours with Trafalgar and I have been please with them all. That is why I continue to choose them.
We had a great experience traveling with Trafalgar. Beginning with the booking agent to the tour director, everyone was excellent. Thank you everyone!
We had a great trip with Trafalgar. Everything was top notch, the tours, the accomodations, the local guides, the bus driver, and the head guide were superior. I will use Trafalgar again.
Services provided by the company and guide are truly exemplary. A very professional staff and excellent accommodation. Highly recommended for future travelers and friends.
Our Travel Director was very nice, learned a lot from her about Japan culture and the places we visited. Will definitely travel again with Trafalgar.
Our tour director was totally amazing!!! She was highly knowledgable about all the cities, sights and history of the UK. Her personality was delightful, with a wonderful sense of humor!! She made the trip amazing!!! Our driver was exceptional as well!!! He was great and went above and beyond helping everyone in and out of the coach along with all the luggage. He was always the perfect gentleman and his personality matched that of our director making the tour more fun than I could have ever imagined!!!
Trafalgar is a terrific company, with great guides and bus drivers.
Dana was great, very responsive to our questions and very helpful. Thanks Dana!
My 5th trip with Trafalgar tours . A good tour company. Affordable Tours does a great job . Im very pleased with Lihn she's on top of everything. Answers all why promptly. My 2nd booking with her
Spring is the best time to go! Breathtakingly beautiful!
Trafalgar makes the parks come to life. Be my guest dinner is always a truly memorable experience.
Fine job by all, enjoyed the trip
Excellent experience all the way around!
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!