LOW UNPUBLISHED PRICES ON TRAFALGAR TOURSWhy pay full price? Call us or click above for a quick quote and save money on Trafalgar Tours.
5% Savings on Group Vacations
5% Savings on Group Vacations
Group benefits and applicable discounts apply to Scheduled Departure and Exclusive Departure groups only, booked on the same booking number. Group benefits and discounts do not apply to Custom Groups, flight segments, train vacations, cruises, extensions or any pre/post-trip additions. Group Benefits are not available on all trips and/or departure dates and are not combinable with Limited Time Offers. Please refer to your group’s contract for further details. Other conditions may apply.
A journey from the colorful streets of Bangkok to the sacred spaces of Chiang Mai. You’ll visit the terracotta-colored ancient ruins of Ayutthaya and enjoy a northern Thai-style lunch with a family in their wooden stilt house.
Welcome to BangkokSay sawadee ka to the land of smiles, starting your Thai adventure in Bangkok. Transfer to your hotel where this evening, we meet our Travel Director and fellow guests for a Welcome Reception drink with local appetizers.Accommodation: Shangri-La
See the Sights of Bangkok Dive Into CultureRise early and join the locals for a graceful T’ai Chi practice in Lumpini Park to kick-start your day. Alternatively, enjoy a leisurely start before joining your fellow travelers on a City Tour, which begins with a visit to Bangkok’s Grand Palace, where you’ll visit the most sacred Buddhist temple in Thailand, Wat Phra Kaew. See the largest-reclining Buddha in Thailand in Bangkok’s oldest temple, Wat Pho, and enjoy a traditional Thai massage in the temple’s massage center. Return to your hotel by express river boat, cruising down the Chao Praya past beautiful Wat Arun, the Temple of the Dawn.Accommodation: Shangri-La
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
Thai Cuisine and Cooking Experience Dive Into CultureImmerse your senses in the five flavors of Thai cuisine as you join a Local Specialist for a traditional cooking class in a colonial-style house. Visit a local market nearby to source the freshest ingredients that reveal the sweet, sour, salty, bitter and hot flavors of Thai cuisine. Sample the results later, then spend the afternoon exploring the City of Angels on your terms, or consider joining an Optional Experience to Jim Thompson's House, home to an impressive collection of Asian art.Accommodation: Shangri-La
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
Onwards to Damnoen Saduak and Kanchanaburi Dive Into CultureA riot of colors greets us this morning as we embark on a visit to the famous floating market at Damnoen Saduak. Connect with the friendly merchants who paddle along the congested canals in their sturdy canoes, laden with fresh fruit and vegetables to sell to shoppers on the banks. En route, we’ll Dive Into Culture, stopping at a coconut palm sugar plantation where we’ll discover how the farmer extracts the sap from his palm trees to create palm sugar. After lunch in a local restaurant, visit the world famous Bridge over the River Kwai. After a walk along the bridge continue to the Thailand-Burma Railway Museum, revealing insights into the history of the infamous railway line built during WWII by the Imperial Japanese army. Our final stop today sees us pay tribute to the thousands of allied prisoners of war who were laid to rest at the War Cemetery.Accommodation: Away Kanchanaburi Dheva Mantra Resort and Spa
Meals: Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Railways and Rivers in KanchanaburiThis morning, we visit Hellfire Pass, a section of the Thailand-Burma “Death Railway”, so named for the tortuous conditions that prisoners of war endured during WWII to build it. After lunch, we embark on a thrilling train ride across wooden viaducts, skirting the winding waters of the Kwai River. We’ll disembark and see the wooden viaducts first-hand walking across one. This evening, we enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.Accommodation: Away Kanchanaburi Dheva Mantra Resort and Spa
Meals: Breakfast Lunch Dinner
On to Ancient Ayutthaya and SukhothaiAfter breakfast, we travel to the UNESCO-listed Ayutthaya, once the second-most important ancient capital of Old Siam and the largest city in the world. Here, we’ll delve into the trading heritage of a mighty city that was all but raised to the ground by an 18th century Burmese invasion. We’ll enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, then return to Bangkok for our flight to Sukhothai, Thailand’s first capital.Accommodation: Sriwilai Sukhothai Resort and Spa
Meals: Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Explore SukhothaiGain insights into a powerful kingdom that enjoyed its golden age during the 13th and 14th centuries and shaped modern Thailand as we know it today. Start the day with a visit to the UNESCO-listed Sukhothai Historical Park which reveals thousands of years of history and a 15-meter seated Buddha secreted within its walls. Your choice of exploring will see you engage with the historic complex by bicycle or on the internal tram. This afternoon, visit the home of a local family and learn how to make amulets which are thought to protect the owner from harm.Accommodation: Sriwilai Sukhothai Resort and Spa
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
Continue to Chiang Mai Make Travel Matter Stays With StoriesOur day begins with a visit to the first of our MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® experiences today at the village of Natonchan, where our visit supports the community’s eco-tourism project . We’ll interact with the locals and meet one of the villagers to learn about 'gymnastic doll' making and the villagers’ traditional cotton clothes which are soaked in mud to protect them from fading. Arriving in Chiang Mai, we enjoy an evening walk with our Travel Director and visit the colorful Sunday market. Our hotel tonight is located in the old town of Chiang Mai.Accommodation: The Rim Resort
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
Meet the locals of Northern Thailand Dive Into CultureAdmire the delicate hand-painted fans and colorful paper umbrellas that are famously crafted in Chiang Mai’s San Kamphaeng district. We continue to a small village nearby where we’ll Connect with Locals, joining a family in their typical stilt house for a northern Thai-style Be My Guest lunch. Next is a visit to Wat Suan Dok where we’ll meet a local monk and learn about Buddhism, against the backdrop of the temple’s magnificent golden chedi.Accommodation: The Rim Resort
A Day to Discover Chiang MaiYour morning is free to spend as you please. Later, we visit Wat Doi Suthep, one of Thailand's most sacred temples. As the sun sets over this mystical temple, listen quietly to the tranquil sounds of the monks chanting. This evening, we join fellow travelers and Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner at a traditional Thai restaurant located next to the river.Accommodation: The Rim Resort
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Farewell ThailandOur exhilarating encounter with old Siam and new Thailand at its end, we take a transfer to Chiang Mai International Airport for your onward flight.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 10 Breakfast (B)
- 7 Lunch (L)
- 2 Dinner (D)
- 1 Regional Dinner (RD)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 1 Farewell Dinner (FD)
Be My Guest
- Chiang Mai: Join the Saiwangjit family who live in a wooden Thai stilt house for a traditional northern Thai-style meal.
Dive Into Culture
- Bangkok: Visit Lumpini Park in Bangkok and join the locals in their daily T'ai Chi practice.
- Bangkok: Enjoy a traditional Thai massage in the grounds of Wat Pho, a center for traditional Thai massage.
- Bangkok: Learn the secrets of Thai cooking and visit a local market to buy fresh ingredients.
- : Stop at a coconut palm sugar plantation and discover how the farmer extracts the sap from the palm trees to be turned into sugar.
- Bangkok: Begin your city tour by visiting Bangkok's Grand Palace, home to the most sacred Buddhist temple in Thailand, Wat Phra Kaew. Continue your exploration of the city and its renowned landmarks.
- Bangkok: Embark on an Express River Cruise on the Chao Praya River and admire the beautiful Temple of the Dawn along the way.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market: Visit the famous floating market at Damnoen Saduak and paddle along the canals laden with fresh produce to sell.
- Kanchanaburi: Discover the "Death Railway" when you visit Hellfire Pass and learn about the horrible conditions of which the prisoners of WWII had to endure when building this landmark.
- Kanchanaburi: Bask in the views of the Kwai River as you make your way across wooden viaducts on your scenic train ride.
- Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya: Delve into the rich trading history of the UNESCO-listed Ayutthaya as you embark on your city tour.
- Sukhothai: Visit Sukhothai Historical Park and choose to explore the park by bicycle or tram tour.
- Sukhothai: Spend some time with a local family and learn the art of amulet making and how these jewels protect the owner from harm.
- Chiang Mai: Spend the evening enjoying a walk through the vibrant Sunday market of Chiang Mai with your Travel Director.
- Wat Suan Dok: Visit Wat Suan Dok Temple, marvel at the golden details and meet a local monk.
- Chiang Mai: See the vibrant paper umbrellas that are famously crafted in the San Kamphaeng District.
- Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep: Visit Wat Doi Suthep, which is one of Thailand's most sacred temples and listen closely for the chanting of the monks.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER®
- Natonchan: On a visit to Natonchan we interact with the locals and meet one of the villagers to learn about traditional crafts such as gymnastic doll making and creating textiles in an array of patterns which are then soaked in mud to protect them from fading.
- : Explore Bangkok and Chiang Mai
- : Visit the Grand Palace, the temples of Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Pho in Bangkok, Damnoen Saduak floating market, the ancient city of Ayutthaya and Sukhothai Heritage Park
- : View the Bridge over the River Kwai and Hellfire Pass in Kanchanaburi and Wat Mahathat in Ayutthaya
- Chiang Mai: Relax at your charming hotel with its exotic Lanna-Burmese style architecture, perfectly positioned near the Pratu Suan Dok Gate in Chiang Mai's Old Town.
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- : Flight from Bangkok to Sukhothai.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- Flight from Bangkok to Sukhothai.
Health and Safety Protocols for Trafalgar Tours
Trafalgar has introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols – for you and team members.
You can travel with Trafalgar and be assured that their team has put numerous new measures in place to elevate their hygiene standards and protocols. The well-being of guests and team has always been, and always will be, their primary concern.
In this new, fast changing Covid-19 era, Trafalgar is doing all they can to adapt to new requirements and expectations. Here are some important new steps and procedures that they have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you the peace of mind when you are traveling during these new times.Expertly Trained Travel Directors
Travel Director training equips them with enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. Before you travel, Trafalgar will also keep you well informed about new protocols required in these areas, and ask that you cooperate with and heed the advice and direction of Travel Directors while on your trip. The Travel Directors have preventative measures in place to try and ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.Stringent On-the-Road Protocols
The customized luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, Trafalgar have taken additional measures to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations. The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All the guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitising when required. Hand sanitiser is freely available on board for your use throughout the day. Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitiser to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.A Full Team of Support 24/7
It’s not just your Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.Physical Distancing
Adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements, you can rest assured that you will travel with the comfort of your own personal space. Have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants you’ll enjoy on your trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines.Trusted Partners, Exceptional Standards
Trafalgar is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of the guests as seriously as Trafalgar does and agrees to meet expected guidelines and specifications. Trafalgar only works with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their high standards.Always in the Know
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) , Trafalgar is kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of the partners on the ground in each destination. Also, rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to the extent possible.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Wonderful trip and tour. Trafalgar is top notch. Will book again next time with Affordable Tours and Trafalgar!
This package was really what I expected. Trafalgar gives the best experience for customers
I have done several tours with Trafalgar and I have been please with them all. That is why I continue to choose them.
We had a great experience traveling with Trafalgar. Beginning with the booking agent to the tour director, everyone was excellent. Thank you everyone!
We had a great trip with Trafalgar. Everything was top notch, the tours, the accomodations, the local guides, the bus driver, and the head guide were superior. I will use Trafalgar again.
Services provided by the company and guide are truly exemplary. A very professional staff and excellent accommodation. Highly recommended for future travelers and friends.
Our Travel Director was very nice, learned a lot from her about Japan culture and the places we visited. Will definitely travel again with Trafalgar.
Our tour director was totally amazing!!! She was highly knowledgable about all the cities, sights and history of the UK. Her personality was delightful, with a wonderful sense of humor!! She made the trip amazing!!! Our driver was exceptional as well!!! He was great and went above and beyond helping everyone in and out of the coach along with all the luggage. He was always the perfect gentleman and his personality matched that of our director making the tour more fun than I could have ever imagined!!!
Trafalgar is a terrific company, with great guides and bus drivers.
Dana was great, very responsive to our questions and very helpful. Thanks Dana!
My 5th trip with Trafalgar tours . A good tour company. Affordable Tours does a great job . Im very pleased with Lihn she's on top of everything. Answers all why promptly. My 2nd booking with her
Spring is the best time to go! Breathtakingly beautiful!
Trafalgar makes the parks come to life. Be my guest dinner is always a truly memorable experience.
Fine job by all, enjoyed the trip
Excellent experience all the way around!
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!