LOW UNPUBLISHED PRICES ON TRAFALGAR TOURSWhy pay full price? Call us or click above for a quick quote and save money on Trafalgar Tours.
5% Savings on Group Vacations
5% Savings on Group Vacations
Group benefits and applicable discounts apply to Scheduled Departure and Exclusive Departure groups only, booked on the same booking number. Group benefits and discounts do not apply to Custom Groups, flight segments, train vacations, cruises, extensions or any pre/post-trip additions. Group Benefits are not available on all trips and/or departure dates and are not combinable with Limited Time Offers. Please refer to your group’s contract for further details. Other conditions may apply.
Journey from the beauty of Halong Bay to a spine-tingling encounter with the abandoned capital of Angkor Thom, left to ruin in the depths of the dense Cambodian jungle and on to Phnom Penh - a city that has emerged from the past to recapture its reputation as the ‘Pearl of Asia’.
Welcome to HanoiRelish the warm embrace of Vietnam and her welcoming people, who will touch you with their humility and entrepreneurial spirit throughout your journey across this intoxicating land. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception with drinks and local appetizers.Accommodation: Melia Hanoi
A Day to Discover Hanoi Dive Into CultureThis morning is dedicated to the revolutionary leader who fanned the flames of Vietnam’s independence. We begin our day with a visit to the final resting place of “Uncle Ho”, the imposing Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. A short walk from here, we’ll find Ho Chi Minh's house on stilts, where we’ll Dive Into Culture exploring the grounds surrounding the humble abode of Vietnam’s most famous son. We’ll continue to the Temple of Literature, the first university for the sons of Mandarins, to gain insights into Hanoian culture. This afternoon, we’ll take a cyclo tour, weaving through the lively Old Quarter past colorful shopfronts and street food vendors. Enjoy an evening at leisure or consider joining our Optional Experience to taste some delicious local flavors on a foodie tour.Accommodation: Melia Hanoi
Set Sail for Halong Bay Stays With StoriesWe leave the busy streets of Hanoi behind, bound for the serenity of Halong Bay where we’ll board a traditional-style Vietnamese Junk boat. The limestone karsts and tropical islets rising up from the emerald waters provide an ethereal backdrop for our leisurely cruise. Enjoy a buffet lunch of Vietnamese specialties whilst cruising through some of the most beautiful and quiet areas such as Incense Burner, Dog Stone Islet and Soi Sim Beach. After lunch we’ll visit a cultured pearl fishery where the pearl maker will explain the process from culturing, harvesting, and sculpting these precious gemstones. Followed if weather permitting a stop at the beautiful Ti Top beach where for those wishing to climb to the top will be rewarded with panorama views of the bay or you may choose to relax on the beach with its smooth white sand. We return to our Junk boat for a cooking class with the chef and enjoy a mesmerizing sunset on the top deck before dinner and a peaceful overnight stay in this UNESCO-listed natural wonder.Accommodation: Pelican Cruise
Meals: Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Onwards to Danang and Hoi AnThe graceful practice of T’ai Chi eases you into your day as is the local custom. After breakfast transferred but tender to the Sung Sot Cave, one of the biggest cave in Halong bay with beautiful stalactites and stalagmites. There will be time to relax on the sundeck and take in the last views of the bays landscape whilst cruising back to the Wharf before your drive to Hanoi Airport to catch your flight to Danang. On arrival, transfer to your hotel in Hoi An where you have the evening at leisure.Accommodation: Royal Hoi An
Uncover Historic Hoi An Dive Into CultureDive Into Culture this morning, embarking on a walking tour around the ancient town of Hoi An. Embrace its charm of yesteryear – the narrow lanes, colorful marketplaces and ancient temples providing insights into the Vietnam of old. See the old merchant houses and 400-year-old Japanese Covered Bridge, before visiting Thanh Dong Organic Village where you’ll spend some time helping local farmers and learning about their daily working routines. Kick back and enjoy a relaxing foot massage that will set the pace for the rest of the day and evening at leisure.Accommodation: Royal Hoi An
Local Life in Hoi An Dive Into CultureEnjoy some free time this morning to explore Hoi An further or simply relax at your hotel. Your choice of activities this afternoon could see you learn how to craft your own colorful lantern or gain insights into life as a local fisherman (subject to weather conditions). Create a work of art to bring your home luck and happiness, or cast your net wide for the catch of the day – the choice is yours.Accommodation: Royal Hoi An
Head to Hue via Red Beach Dive Into CultureThe healthy flavors of Vietnamese cuisine take center stage as we travel by boat to the Red Bridge Cooking School to learn about the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food. We’ll have an opportunity to savor the dishes we’ve prepared for lunch before returning to Hoi An. This afternoon, our journey takes us over Hai Van Pass en route to Red Beach, where the American Marines first landed in Vietnam during the decades-long war. We continue to Danang for a visit to the Cham Museum before arriving in Hue, the former imperial capital of Vietnam, for our overnight stay.Accommodation: Imperial
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
See the Sights of Hue Connect with LocalsWe’ll navigate the busy streets of Hue on the back of a cyclo en route to the UNESCO-listed Imperial Citadel, once home to Nguyen emperors. From here, we drive to Thien Mu Pagoda, Hue's best-preserved religious monument. Boarding a local dragon boat next, we cruise along the Perfume River to the house of the former Princess Ngoc Son where we’ll Connect With Locals and meet a family member for a Be My Guest lunch to gain a glimpse of their life in this historic house. The afternoon is ours to enjoy at leisure or consider joining one of our Optional Experiences.Accommodation: Imperial
Journey to Ho Chi Minh City Make Travel MatterA short flight this morning brings you to Ho Chi Minh City, where you’ll enjoy some time at leisure before lunch at Mai Sen restaurant. Your MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience visit supports those affected by poverty to provide opportunities and a vocational education in the hospitality sector. The iconic sights of Ho Chi Minh are revealed on a walking tour of Dong Khoi Street next. See the Opera House and the former Hotel de Ville. Then, wander up to Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office, designed by the renowned Gustave Eiffel. Continue to the War Remnants Museum where you’ll have a vivid glimpse of the war through the eyes of the locals. Your final stop today is Ben Thanh market, one of the earliest surviving structures in old Saigon, before arriving at your hotel.Accommodation: Sofitel Saigon Plaza
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
Meander Along the Mekong DeltaThe mighty Mekong beckons today, as we take a day trip to Cai Be town, in the heart of the Mekong Delta with the first stop today being at an ancient house dating back to the 19th century beautifully preserved and passed down through many generations of the family. We’ll transfer to a traditional sampan boat and navigate the maze of small canals to the unique Cai Be floating market where stall holders show their goods by hanging them on bamboo poles, stopping for a home hosted lunch of delicious Mekong Delta specialties. Before returning to Ho Chi Minh City for an evening at leisure.Accommodation: Sofitel Saigon Plaza
Meals: Breakfast Lunch
Visit the Cu Chi Tunnels Dive Into CultureWe’ll delve into Vietnam’s turbulent history from the previous century with a visit to the Cu Chi Tunnels, an immense network of connecting underground tunnels built to protect the Viet Cong guerrillas from the French air and ground sweeps. We’ll explore the underground compounds with a VC veteran and gain an understanding of the history of the tunnels, which once served as living quarters and housed hospitals, food and weapons caches. Returning to Ho Chi Minh City by private speedboat, we’ll enjoy some free time this afternoon. Later, we’ll Dive Into Culture during a visit to the home of the former American Ambassador to South Vietnam in the 1960s, Mr. Henry Cabot Lodge, followed by a Farewell Dinner to say goodbye to your Vietnam Travel Director and those guests not continuing on to Cambodia.Accommodation: Sofitel Saigon Plaza
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Continue to CambodiaTransfer to the airport for the short international flight to Siem Reap, Cambodia. On arrival meet your Cambodia Travel Director and check in to your hotel.Accommodation: FCC Angkor by Avani
Amazing Angkor Wat Make Travel MatterToday, we venture deep into the Cambodian jungle, through a pyramid-shaped gateway into an ancient world. Serene stone faces watch over us as we cross the causeway suspended over a moat into the spiritual heart of the ancient lost city of Angkor. A Local Specialist and renowned Khmer scholar brings to life the stories behind the intricate carvings and murals of celestial nymphs and mythical serpents along the abandoned hallways of Angkor Wat. Our next stop are the terracotta-hued walls of Banteay Srei Temple – the “Citadel of Women” dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva. We’ll have time to admire the 10th century carvings of women, said to have been too delicate to have been carved by a man, hence its name. We’ll return to Siem Reap for some free time and this afternoon embark on a guided walking tour of the Old Town. We'll witness the revival of Khmer arts and crafts and help support the lives of rural youths during our visit to Artisans d'Angkor, a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience. Later we’ll visit Wat Damnak and participate in a private blessing ceremony during which a sacred thread will be tied around our wrists to protect against evil spirits. Our final stop today is to the labyrinthine Old Market, where the locals spend their early mornings shopping for fresh fruit, vegetables and spices. Wander past the busy stalls and smell freshly baked baguettes, a remnant of the country's French heritage.Accommodation: FCC Angkor by Avani
Temples of AngkorOur intimate encounter with a lost empire continues today, as we uncover other iconic sites of the ancient abandoned city of Angkor that have been devoured by the Cambodian jungle. We explore its ancient ruins in the company of saffron-clad monks and monkeys that clamber up and over the roots of centuries-old trees that have carved their way deep into the Great City's walls. Our first stop today is a visit to the fortified Angkor Thom, where we’ll see such iconic sites as the Terrace of Elephants, the Royal Enclosure and the Temple of Bayon with its giant smiling faces of Buddha. We venture underneath the dense tree canopy to the crumbling, moss-covered ruins of the Buddhist temple of Ta Prohm, which featured as the location for the film ‘Tomb Raider', exploring its towers courtyards and corridors to uncover the intricate stone reliefs that are shielded by the surrounding foliage. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure or consider joining an Optional Experience to learn the secrets of Khmer cuisine.Accommodation: FCC Angkor by Avani
Visit Peak Sneng Village Dive Into Culture Make Travel MatterWe begin the day in the company of local Khmer villagers with a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience walk through the village to see how they spend their day-to-day lives. We’ll Dive Into Culture, gaining insights into their time-honored craft traditions, such as weaving Cambodia's national hats made from palm leaves, or folding Lotus flowers into delicate works of art. After the rest of the day at leisure, this evening to say farewell to those not continuing on to Phnom Penh tomorrow, we’ll join our Travel Director and fellow expeditioners for a Farewell Dinner with Apsara dance show.Accommodation: FCC Angkor by Avani
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
Travel to Phnom Penh Dive Into CultureThis morning we fly to Phnom Penh, once known as the ‘Pearl of Asia’ it is one of the loveliest French built cities in Indochina. Later we’ll embark on a cyclo tour, exploring the city, which boasts a rich blend of Khmer and French colonial architecture. We’ll discover the history and catch glimpses of churches and Chinese temples hidden down narrow alleyways.Accommodation: La Rose Suites
Delve into Cambodia's HistoryIndulge in the exotic flavors of Phnom Penh this morning, joining a Local Specialist for an in-depth city tour. Our first stop is Wat Phnom temple where we’ll delve into the legend of Lady Penh who discovered the four statues of Buddha deposited on this tree-covered hill. We’ll continue to the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda before visiting the National Museum showcasing centuries-old Khmer art and sculptures. Delving deep into the turbulent, terrifying history of the Khmer Rouge years, we’ll travel along a dusty road to the outskirts of the city to visit the former school turned torture, interrogation and execution center of Tuol Sleng. The history of that time is depicted in the thousands of S-21 portraits of victims that are on display at the Museum of Genocide, providing insights into the horrors of Cambodia under Pol Pot's rule. Finally, we’ll take a journey back in time to the Choeung Ek Genocidal Cente, a memorial built to commemorate the 17,000 victims who died under the reign of the Khmer Rouge. The rest of the evening is spent at leisure.Accommodation: La Rose Suites
Farewell Phnom PenhTransfer to the airport for your onward flight
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 17 Breakfast (B)
- 4 Lunch (L)
- 1 Dinner (D)
- 2 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 2 Farewell Dinner (FD)
Be My Guest
- Hue: Enjoy lunch at one of the great remaining garden houses of Hue where you will gain insight into the lives of a local family and admire their fascinating collection of artifacts and mementos from the days of the former Royal Empire.
Dive Into Culture
- Hanoi: Visit Ho Chi Minh's house in Hanoi.
- Hoi An: Visit the colorful market of Hoi An.
- Hoi An: Join a Lantern Making Workshop or a Fishing Life Tour to learn about the lives of the local fishermen and have a go at casting your own fishing net.
- Danang: Visit the Cham Museum in Danang.
- Ho Chi Minh City: Visit the home of the former American Ambassador to South Vietnam in the 1960s.
- Siem Reap: At Peak Sneng Village observe the locals weaving hats from palm leaves or folding Lotus flowers into delicate works of art.
- Phnom Penh: Join a cyclo tour around the streets of the Phnom Penh.
- Hanoi: On a sightseeing tour of the city of Hanoi, see the imposing Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and the Temple of Literature.
- Hanoi: Travel past the colorful shopfronts and street food vendors of Hanoi's Old Quarter on a cyclo tour.
- Ha Long Bay: Journey across the World Heritage Ha Long Bay on a small boat. Visit a cultured pearl fishery where the pearl maker will explain the process from culturing, harvesting, and sculpting these precious gemstones and stop at the beautiful Ti Top beach.
- Ha Long Bay: Start your day on beautiful Ha Long Bay with a yoga class lead by a Local Specialist.
- Hoi An: Learn about the daily work routines of local farmers at Thanh Dong Organic Village.
- : Travel by boat to the Red Bridge Cooking School to learn about the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food.
- Hue: See Hue by land and water today. Enjoy a cyclo tour past the Imperial Citadel and Thien Mu Pagoda before boarding a local dragon boat.
- Ho Chi Minh City: Enjoy the sights of the French colonial-era buildings and even a former CIA residential block as you partake in a walking tour of Ho Chi Minh City.
- My Tho: Cruise along the canals of My Tho in a small sampan boat during your visit to this market town.
- My Tho: After a stroll through the streets of My Tho, meet a local family in their home. Hear stories from your Local Specialist about surviving the Khmer Rouge and learn about the family's handicraft, making paper.
- Ho Chi Minh City: Gain insight into a difficult period of Vietnam's history as you join a Vet Cong veteran for a visit to the Cu Chi tunnels, developped to protect Viet Cong guerillas.
- Angkor Wat: Join your Local Specialist and immerse yourself in the stories of the celestial nymphs and mystical serpents.
- Angkor Wat: Discover the Banteay Srei Temple, also known as the "Citadel of Women" where you can admire delicate 10th-century carvings.
- Wat Damnak: Experience a private blessing with a Monk where a sacred thread is tied around your wrists to protect you against evil spirits.
- Angkor Thom: Enjoy a visit to Angor Thom and admire the iconic sites of the Terrace of Elephants, the Royal Enclosure and the Temple of Bayon.
- Phnom Penh: Join your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour of Phnom Penh's famous landmarks, including a visit to the National Museum.
- Choeung Ek Genocidal Center: Visit the Choeung Ek Genocidal Center, a memorial dedicated to the victims who died under the reign of the Khmer Rouge.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER®
- Ho Chi Minh City: Have lunch at Mai Sen restaurant, which supports those affected by poverty to provide opportunities and a vocational education in the hospitality sector.
- Siem Reap: Visit Artisans d'Angkor, where our visit contributes to creating job opportunities for disadvantaged rural youths and at Peak Sneng village, meeting local villagers and discovering some traditional Cambodian crafts.
- : Explore Hanoi, Hoi An, Hue, Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh
- : Visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Temple of Literature in Hanoi, the Imperial Citadel in Hue, the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City, the Cu Chi Tunnels, Siem Reap Old Town, the temples of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Wat Damnak and Ta Prohm, Wat Phnom, the Royal Palace and the Cheung Ek Killing Fields in Phnom Penh
- : View Ho Chi Minh's House in Hanoi and the Opera House, Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office in Ho Chi Minh City
- Halong Bay: Stay on a traditional style Vietnamese Junk boat for an overnight cruise in Halong Bay.
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- : Flights from Hanoi to Danang, Hue to Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap, and Siem Reap to Phnom Penh.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- Flights from Hanoi to Danang, Hue to Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap, and Siem Reap to Phnom Penh.
Health and Safety Protocols for Trafalgar Tours
Trafalgar has introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols – for you and team members.
You can travel with Trafalgar and be assured that their team has put numerous new measures in place to elevate their hygiene standards and protocols. The well-being of guests and team has always been, and always will be, their primary concern.
In this new, fast changing Covid-19 era, Trafalgar is doing all they can to adapt to new requirements and expectations. Here are some important new steps and procedures that they have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you the peace of mind when you are traveling during these new times.Expertly Trained Travel Directors
Travel Director training equips them with enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. Before you travel, Trafalgar will also keep you well informed about new protocols required in these areas, and ask that you cooperate with and heed the advice and direction of Travel Directors while on your trip. The Travel Directors have preventative measures in place to try and ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.Stringent On-the-Road Protocols
The customized luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, Trafalgar have taken additional measures to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations. The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All the guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitising when required. Hand sanitiser is freely available on board for your use throughout the day. Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitiser to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.A Full Team of Support 24/7
It’s not just your Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.Physical Distancing
Adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements, you can rest assured that you will travel with the comfort of your own personal space. Have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants you’ll enjoy on your trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines.Trusted Partners, Exceptional Standards
Trafalgar is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of the guests as seriously as Trafalgar does and agrees to meet expected guidelines and specifications. Trafalgar only works with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their high standards.Always in the Know
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) , Trafalgar is kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of the partners on the ground in each destination. Also, rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to the extent possible.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Wonderful trip and tour. Trafalgar is top notch. Will book again next time with Affordable Tours and Trafalgar!
This package was really what I expected. Trafalgar gives the best experience for customers
I have done several tours with Trafalgar and I have been please with them all. That is why I continue to choose them.
We had a great experience traveling with Trafalgar. Beginning with the booking agent to the tour director, everyone was excellent. Thank you everyone!
We had a great trip with Trafalgar. Everything was top notch, the tours, the accomodations, the local guides, the bus driver, and the head guide were superior. I will use Trafalgar again.
4th trip with Trafalgar, never been disappointed.
Trafalgar goes above and beyond! Love them
Services provided by the company and guide are truly exemplary. A very professional staff and excellent accommodation. Highly recommended for future travelers and friends.
Our Travel Director was very nice, learned a lot from her about Japan culture and the places we visited. Will definitely travel again with Trafalgar.
Our tour director was totally amazing!!! She was highly knowledgable about all the cities, sights and history of the UK. Her personality was delightful, with a wonderful sense of humor!! She made the trip amazing!!! Our driver was exceptional as well!!! He was great and went above and beyond helping everyone in and out of the coach along with all the luggage. He was always the perfect gentleman and his personality matched that of our director making the tour more fun than I could have ever imagined!!!
Trafalgar is a terrific company, with great guides and bus drivers.
Dana was great, very responsive to our questions and very helpful. Thanks Dana!
My 5th trip with Trafalgar tours . A good tour company. Affordable Tours does a great job . Im very pleased with Lihn she's on top of everything. Answers all why promptly. My 2nd booking with her
Spring is the best time to go! Breathtakingly beautiful!
Trafalgar makes the parks come to life. Be my guest dinner is always a truly memorable experience.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!