Save 7% Off this Tour - Guaranteed!
$600 Off Pay-In-Full Savings
$600 Off Pay-In-Full Savings
Offer valid on new bookings only. Discounted rates are per person. For travel in 2024 and 2025. Cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or discount. Additional restrictions may apply. Offer is capacity controlled and may be removed at anytime without notice.
Family & Friends Discount: Save $100
Family & Friends Discount: Save $100
Applies to new bookings only. Offer combinable with pay-in-full discount. Certain restrictions may apply.
Day 1 - Welcome to UshuaiaOn arrival, you’ll be escorted to the Los Cauquenes Hotel and Spa.
Day 2 - Into Tierra del Fuego and on to General Tours ShipThis morning’s guided tour explores the pristine forests, waterways and mountains of spectacular Tierra del Fuego National Park. Traveling all the way to Lapataia Bay, you’ll have a chance to observe indigenous species as you learn about the region’s unique geology, flora and fauna. Return to port and board the mv Ushuaia. Settle in to your cabin, meet your expedition staff of leaders, guides and lecturers, and get acquainted with General Tours intimate Polar vessel as you set sail along the Beagle Channel Meals B+D
Day 3 - Crossing the Drake PassageNamed after the renowned explorer, Sir Francis Drake, who sailed these waters in 1578, the Drake Passage also marks the Antarctic Convergence, a biological barrier where cold polar water sinks beneath the warmer northern waters. This creates a great upwelling of nutrients, which sustains the biodiversity of this region. The Drake Passage also marks the northern limit of many Antarctic seabirds. As General Tours sail across the passage, your expedition lecturers will be out with you on deck to help with the identification of an amazing variety of seabirds, including many albatrosses, which follow in General Tours wake. The Ushuaia’s unique open bridge policy allows you to join the ship’s officers on the bridge and to learn about navigation, watch for whales, and enjoy the view. A full program of lectures will be offered as well. Meals B,L,D
[Note: The daily cruise program outlined here for Day 4 through Day 10 is a sample itinerary only - to give you a general sense of the highlights that will unfold on this cruise. The exact course of your sea voyage will be determined by the ship’s Captain and Expedition Leader on a day-by-day basis based upon local conditions. Likewise, the waters you explore and the islands you will actually visit depend upon these same weather and sea conditions. Although General Tours can assure you of a once-in-a-lifetime voyage filled with unforgettable sightings, experiences and encounters, your safety is the paramount concern of the captain and the entire ship’s staff.]
Day 4 - Continue through the Drake PassageThe first sightings of icebergs and snow-capped mountains indicate that General Tours have reached the South Shetland Islands, a group of twenty islands and islets first sighted in February 1819 by Capt. William Smith. With favorable conditions during General Tours crossing of the Drake Passage, General Tours lecturers and naturalists will accompany you ashore as you experience your first encounter with Antarctic penguins and seals today. Meals B,L,D
Day 5 - Along the Antarctic PeninsulaAs General Tours navigate along the Antarctic Peninsula’s western coast, you’ll likely experience the thrill and excitement that the early explorers must have felt! Exquisite beauty and pristine landscapes are waiting as you explore these remote southern waters. Myriad icebergs of different shades and shapes are floating free in the waterways around this vast continent. Over the coming days, you’ll have plenty of time to explore its amazing scenery and a wide variety of wildlife. Meals B,L,D
Day 6 - Continuing along the PeninsulaAmazing scenery and wildlife abound and with good conditions, you’ll make at least two landings with General Tours experienced naturalist staff. Apart from Adélie, Gentoo and Chinstrap penguins and many other seabirds, you are likely to encounter Weddell, crabeater, fur and leopard seals as well as Minke whales and orcas at close range! At this time of year it is also quite likely that over the next few days you’ll encounter big cetaceans such as humpback, Finn and Sei whales. Meals B,L,D
Day 7 - More Discoveries in the AntarcticDepending upon sea and ice conditions, General Tours navigate some of the most beautiful waterways of the Southern Hemisphere: the Gerlache Strait, the Neumayer Channel and the Lemaire Channel – a narrow passage between towering rock faces and spectacular glaciers. As conditions permit, you’ll continue to make two landings per day – always with General Tours experienced naturalist staff. Possible landing sites include Paradise Bay, on the Continent itself and one of the most aptly named places on earth, Cuverville Island (home to the biggest Gentoo penguin colony in the region) and the British Museum and Post Office at Port Lockroy. Meals B,L,D
Day 8 - Deeper into these Southern Polar WatersAs further exploration will lead us far South of the Lemaire Channel in quest of the Polar Circle, General Tours might also visit the Ukrainian Station Vernadsky, the former British base Faradey, where the ozone hole was first spotted, the rugged Yalour Islands and south of the Polar Circle Detaille Island. Meals B,L,D
Day 9 - The South Shetland IslandsAs General Tours begin General Tours return voyage northward, General Tours plan to explore the South Shetland Islands. The volcanic island group is a haven for wildlife. Vast penguin rookeries and seals hauling out on the shorelines make every day spent here unforgettable. Sailing through the narrow passage into the flooded caldera of Deception Island is truly amazing, so is visiting the crescent shaped island Half Moon, home to Chinstrap Penguins in breathtaking surroundings. Meals B,L,D
Day 10 - Another Day in the South ShetlandsEnjoy another day of informative briefings from your naturalist guides, visits to the Bridge and shore landings as sea and weather conditions permit. Meals B,L,D
Day 11 - Northward across the Drake PassageHaving left the Antarctic Peninsula behind us the night before, today finds the mv Ushuaia heading northward across the Drake Passage. Join General Tours naturalists on deck or head to the bridge with the officers. Either way, keep your senses tuned for seabirds and whales. Meals B+L+D
Day 12 - Cruising toward South AmericaTake advantage of this full day onboard to enjoy General Tours final lectures and maybe another visit to the bridge. This evening’s congenial dinner offers a chance to share your experiences with your fellow passengers. Meals B+L+D
Day 13 - Disembark + Explore UshuaiaStep off in Ushuaia for your transfer to the airport for your onward journey. Meals B
Additional Packages Available
Please call us for pricing and availability for the packages listed below:
Health and Safety Protocols for Alexander Roberts Tours
Alexander+Roberts Tours is committed to your well-being and safety while you travel.
- All Alexander+Roberts staff will maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times.
- All high-touch surfaces in coaches and private cars – like door handles, railings, armrests, and window controls – will be sanitized each morning and regularly throughout the day.
- Alexander+Roberts expert guides and drivers will wear face masks whenever in proximity to guests.
- Alexander+Roberts staff have been trained on Extra Care procedures – and how to respond to issues that may arise as you travel.
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitizer will be available in all vehicles while touring.
- Larger luxury motorcoaches so each traveler will have two seats to themselves while touring.
- Private airport transfers with a spacious luxury vehicle when you come and go for every tour.
- Regular and frequent sanitizing of all high-touch vehicle surfaces.
- Prearranged entry for all sightseeing minimizes standing in line with other travelers.
- Whisper Headsets for groups of 5 or more allow for proper physical distancing while sightseeing, except for certain nature activities in remote areas like the Amazon.
- Alexander+Roberts carefully selects restaurants to avoid crowded high-capacity venues; Alexander+Roberts emphasizes fine farm-to-table dining with attentive and efficient service – and the choice to dine al fresco whenever available.
- No large-group dining; enjoy more spacious dining settings and smaller, well-spaced tables for included meals.
- Restaurant staff will follow the guidance of local health authorities and WHO protocols which may include facial coverings.
- Alexander+Roberts hotels are always selected for their outstanding locations, evocative ambiance, impeccable service – and cleanliness.
- Alexander+Roberts partners include the most respected luxury brands – like Belmond, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, Kempinski and JW Marriott; they are now leading the industry with their sophisticated hygiene standards and protocols to ensure the well-being of all their guests.
- Hotels will be continuously and rigorously vetted to ensure that they are following established WHO guidelines including social distancing and sanitizing procedures of guestrooms and public spaces.
- Hotel breakfasts will usually feature à la carte service and group seating will be replaced by smaller, appropriately distanced tables.
In a Small Group of Never More than 16 Guests or on a Privately Guided Tour for just your traveling party, their experienced guides have the flexibility to adjust your sightseeing based upon local conditions – to avoid times of heaviest traffic and crowding, for example. Alexander+Roberts can dine in smaller authentic restaurants, minimize the time waiting in lines, and leave a lighter footprint. You'll learn the history and stories behind the world's most iconic landmarks, immerse more deeply in the wonders of the natural world, and delight in genuine cultural engagement not possible in a larger group. It's travel without a crowd.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Our tour guide was the best! He was knowledgeable about the country, always early, courteous and made us feel welcome in his country. Our tour had a side trip that was incredible due to our guide's particular experiences, The pick of our guide for our trip was absolutely perfect. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!