Named after one of Portugal's beloved queens, this marble-clad and contemporary-chic traveling boutique hotel is the most unique and stately ship on the Douro, a wonderful place to admire the region’s steeply terraced hillside vineyards and charming wine estates.
- Maiden Voyage: 2013
- Length: 258
- Passenger Capacity: 118
- Normal Crew Size: 33
- Staterooms: 58
- Suites: 2
When dining onboard your all-inclusive Uniworld river cruise, you’ll be treated to world-class cuisine made from fresh ingredients, locally sourced from the destinations you visit. Uniworld’s farm-to-table approach takes their chefs to regional farms, local markets and artisanal producers to ensure that every meal is an adventure in and of itself. For those interested in healthier dining options, Uniworld’s Traveling Lite menu features all of the flavor of their traditional menu, but with fewer calories. Uniworld also offers a variety of vegetarian and vegan options, prepared just for you. If you have a specific meal preference, just ask. Uniworld’s chefs will be happy to accommodate.
Guests who are under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult that is 21 years of age or older. Guests travelling with younger children are highly encouraged to select one of Uniworld’s Generations voyages, offered on select itineraries and ships in Europe. Featuring specially-priced cruises planned around breaks from school and filled with exclusive activities and features for travelers of all ages, Generations voyages include the same matchless service, elegant accommodations and enticing itineraries that you can always expect from Uniworld, with additional programs, events and excursions designed specifically for your world travelers in training. Uniworld recommends a minimum age of 4 years old to cruise on a Generations voyage.
Gratuities for onboard and onshore personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager, local experts, drivers) are included on all itineraries in Europe, both during the cruise-tour as well as on any pre- or post-cruise land extensions.
Square Footage: 161
Stateroom amenities include built-in closets, hair dryer, safe, individual thermostat, flatscreen TV, radio, alarm clock, and bottled water. Bathroom amenities include L'Occitane en Provence bath and body products, plush towels, comfy bathrobes and slippers. Located on the Lower Deck.
Square Footage: 161
Category French Balcony
Stateroom amenities include French Balcony, built-in closets, hair dryer, safe, individual thermostat, flatscreen TV, radio, alarm clock, and bottled water. Bathroom amenities include L'Occitane en Provence bath and body products, plush towels, comfy bathrobes and slippers. Located on the Main Deck.
Square Footage: 215
Category Deluxe Balcony
Beautifully appointed riverview have full balconies, hotel beds draped in fine linens with choice of pillows, built-in closets, hair dryer, safe, individual thermostat, flat-screen television, radio, alarm clock, iPhone/iPod charger and player, bottled water daily. Bathrooms with L'Occitane en Provence bath and body products, plush towels, a choice of bathrobes, and slippers. Located on the Upper Deck.
Square Footage: 323
Beautifully appointed riverview suites have full balconies, hotel beds draped in fine linens with choice of pillows, built-in closets, slippers, hair dryer, safe, individual thermostat, flat-screen television, radio, alarm clock, iPhone/iPod charger and player, and bottled water. Bathrooms with Claus soaps, plush towels, and waffle bathrobes. Located on the Upper Deck.
Life on Board
RestaurantStart your day off with a hearty buffet breakfast, lunch time finds you amidst an abundance of culinary delights and dinner offers elegant courses. Located on the Main Deck.
Coffee StationYou can customize your favorite coffee or choose from a collection of fine teas. Located on the Main Deck.
Main LoungeSip a glass of wine while you cruise past beautiful landscapes and world-famous landmarks on your way to your next destination. Located on the Upper Deck.
Fitness RoomWell equipped state-of-the-art fitness center offers everything you need for a good workout. Located on the Lower Deck.
PoolRevitalize your body with a refreshing swim in the pool all while viewing the awe-inspiring scenery that effortlessly passes by you. Located on the Sun Deck.
Serenity River SpaDiscover inner peace and pamper yourself with a relaxing massage. Located on the Lower Deck.
Hygiene and Safety Protocols
Uniworld approaches every cruise with that same thorough diligence. Stringent security and sanitation protocols onboard our ships are nothing new to us. They not only remain top priorities but are being escalated as we face the current challenge. As more information is provided from Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) and the World Health Organization (WHO) Uniworld will look to adopt their health and safety recommendations and continue to update for your added peace of mind.
SAFETY & SECURITY PROTOCOLS
- All outside doors and access to the interior of the ships are locked when docked. Only registered guests can access the ship using a key card.
- All guests and luggage are verified against the manifest at check-in.
- Guests have 24/7 access to the front desk.
- Key card scanners with facial recognition are utilized at the gangway.
- Cameras are present at the entrance of the ship and in public areas, and are monitored by the reception staff.
- Trained security staff are posted at the gangway 24 hours a day.
- Ships are patrolled by trained staff 24/7.
- All deliveries are thoroughly inspected before being brought onboard.
HEALTH & SANITATION PROTOCOLS
PLEASE NOTE: While Uniworld believes these protocols to be the appropriate steps in protecting the wellbeing of guests and crew, they will continue to evaluate and make changes if they are deemed to be ineffective or if they negatively impact the wellbeing of guests and crew. Uniworld is actively reviewing additional health and sanitation steps and will add them to these protocols upon approval.
- All guests must complete a health screening prior to embarkation.
- Gloves, face masks and small bottles of hand sanitizer will be readily available for each guest.
- All guests and crew are required to sanitize their hands when entering public spaces, when coming back onboard the ship each day, and before each meal.
- Housekeeping staff disinfect all public area touch points and hot spots throughout the day, including all handrails and door handles.
- Fruits, cookies, chips, nuts, candies or other treats are now served to individual guests by the crew only. These treats are no longer available for self-service.
- Disinfected wipes are available throughout the ship, including at coffee stations and in the public toilets.
- Any onboard payments are processed using a contactless payment method and credit card machines will be wiped after each pin entry.
- All coffee table books, magazines and brochures have been removed from public use. Guests will be able to access these reading materials via their complimentary PressReader app on their mobile devices.
- Crew wash their hands frequently when handling guest luggage. Disembarkation luggage is kept separate from embarkation luggage to avoid cross-contamination.
- All meals are now served by culinary and waitstaff, with no self-service allowed during buffets.
- All restaurant dining now has reserved seating, with guests at the same table, with the same people, each day.
- To limit the total number of guests in a restaurant at a time, they have introduced two seating times for each meal.
- Items that are usually shared, like bread and butter, are now served to each person individually.
- All touch points, like chairs and salt and pepper shakers, are immediately disinfected after each seating.
STATEROOMS & SUITES:
- All staterooms and suites are thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis.
- All air-conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected on each embarkation day before rooming takes place.
- Umbrellas are now only available in rooms for individual use, with no shared umbrella stands in public areas.
- In-room chocolate candy bowls are replaced at the end/beginning of each cruise.
- All buses are cleaned and wiped with disinfectant before each use.
- Face masks are also available on the buses, in addition to the staterooms.
- Vox boxes are sanitized prior to embarkation and after each excursion.
- All crew receives professional health and hygiene training (HACCP) by an external consultant before each ship begins its sailing season, including training on how to look for symptoms.
- All crew strictly adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All crew undergo regular health screenings and are quarantined immediately if symptoms are present.
- Hand sanitizer is readably available and mandated for use in all crew areas.
- Crew quarters, public and private, are sanitized regularly.
- All crew meals are served, with no self-service allowed.
The Uniworld trip was very well organized. The ship was clean and the staff was extremely professional and courteous. The hotel in Madrid was well-located and excellent; however, the hotel in Lisbon (Hotel Corinthia) was not. The Corinthia was not close to any of the sites in Lisbon, and the food service in the Hotel Corinthia was horrible -- both in quality and service. When we brought the problems to the attention of the hotel staff, they did not appear to care.
Hary was awesome. Sadly I have to shop for price, but he was so good that if I found a great price, I'd try to reach him to have him book it at the same price. He always made himself available to me, even on his days off, he would respond. LP
My wife and I have been on three Uniworld trips. All of them were very enjoyable. Their facilities and staff are first class.