Alexander Roberts Tours
7% off any Alexander Roberts tour - Guaranteed
Since 1947, more than one million travelers have ventured to exciting overseas locales, such as Europe and China, India and South Africa, with Alexander+Roberts, formerly known as General Tours. By blending thoughtful experiences with exceptional value - and only 16 passengers per tour - Alexander+Roberts offers terrific travel at competitive prices. Privately guided itineraries are also available. Alexander+Roberts feels it's important that its clients see as many of these significant national treasures as possible.
Alexander Roberts Tours Promotions
Save 7% Off Any Alexander Roberts Tour - Guaranteed!
- Fall in love with the Galapagos and save $1400Mention Promo Code: PT8967
- $1000 Off Pay-In-Full SavingsMention Promo Code: PT8969
- Save $1000 per couple on Wild + Wonderful AlaskaMention Promo Code: PT8981
- Fully Refundable DepositMention Promo Code: PT8968
- Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per personMention Promo Code: PT1083
Learn More About Alexander Roberts Tours
Alexander + Roberts was founded in 1947 to offer general tours to those who were new to a couple of cities in the Soviet Union. They expanded to include new destinations such as Cuba, Sri Lanka, and Myanmar. They employ only the most knowledgeable tour guides, offering the best knowledge of the areas while putting their guests in the most luxurious accommodations. They are known as an authentic, innovative, refined, and personable company that provides the best experience when touring specific areas, now across the globe. Alexander + Roberts, founded in 1947 is committed to value and provides a personable experience for those guests that book a tour. You can choose from over 50 destinations that offer the best possible outcome, as you want to go on a trip that you can enjoy. Escorted guides make sure to group those who are the most alike in age, so that everyone is able to go at the same pace. Not only that, but those who are looking for a more low-key experience can take a different tour than others who want to do more exciting excursions. They provide tours to their guests, but always make sure it is never over 16 guests at any one time. They keep the tours as small as possible, as they want to provide an intimate way to enjoy the tour and see the areas. They are more unique from the other tours you can take because they give you the choice to customize and make your own tour, or you are able to have them make the itinerary for you. They want to make sure their clients have the best vacations and with customizable packages, you can do just that. Having won a number of awards such as the Magellan Award from Travel Weekly. As an accredited business, they provide the best in service for their guests, but also to the general public. Being rated 5 stars by those who have gone on tours with them, they are highly recommended by previous tourers and the travel guides themselves.
- Started in 1947, they are one of the oldest tour companies that you will be able to find in the area.
- Known internationally, they are a high-scale, luxury tour and travel company.
- They have earned themselves a number of awards, mentions, and accolades for the best tour service throughout the years.
- Their headquarters are located in New Hampshire in the United States.
- They offer over 300 different tours that you can take and choose from in different areas.
- Choose from small group tours, private tours, and so many other options, offering the best possible outcome when it comes to being on a tour.
- They make sure that their guests stay at the finest of hotels and enjoy their stay with them during your time away from home.
- You are provided with the best guides to bring them through the area.
- You can choose the amount of time you want to be away on the trip, as they offer tours that range from just a couple of days to a couple of weeks.
- They are always offering special offers and discounts depending on which trip you choose and the time you book, allowing you to save money but still enjoy your vacation time away.
- They will take you to places where you will be able to listen to the stories that go along with them.
- You can choose to stay on a cruise ship or in a hotel depending on which tour you choose to go on.
Top Reasons To Choose Alexander Roberts Tours
- Enjoy high-end luxury travel with this company who offers a way to enjoy traveling to different destinations.
- Their tours are very small, providing a way to enjoy being on the trip but not being lost in a crowd.
- Get more customized, individualized tours with help from the smaller sizes and the ability to customize your tour and vacation how you want.
- They will do everything for you, if you want. You just have to let them know where you want to go, what you want out of the trip, and any extras you want to do. They specialize in making the itinerary you want to follow.
- The tour guides are knowledgeable and specialized in the work that they do, offering the best tour you can take while being able to learn a few new things along the way.
- They have exclusive access to different places across the globe, allowing you to see things you would not normally be able to see without being a part of their tours.
- They are award-winning and highly recommended and reputable, providing you with a way to feel comfortable using them for all of your tour needs.
- They offer small group, private tours, and small ship tours – giving you the option to choose which fits your needs the best.
- They offer VIP service to each of their guests, so you know you're paying for something that is worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Alexander Roberts Tours
- What kind of trips can I take with you?
Alexander + Roberts prides itself in providing the best tour experience. This is why we offer over 50 destinations that you can visit. You are able to choose from the many high-end areas that provide a beautiful look into the world around us. Rich on culture, these destinations are hosted with a tour guide that is from the area, but speaks perfect English, so you get the best tour.
- How much would a tour cost?
The price of a tour depends on the specific tour. When you customize a tour, it can cost a bit extra. However, the destination, how many people are going, what is included, how many activities you do, where you stay, and more all matter when considering a price. They can range in price from $2,199 to $8,999 depending on where you are going, the type of tour you chose to take and more. With this being provided, you can find the best price that works with you and that comes with the excursions and extras you want. The amount of the tour is provided to you before you sign on, so you can agree to the charges or not.
- Can I choose to go with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
Yes! You can take a tour that is private and specialized just for you and your guests. You don't have to choose to go on a tour with others, though they are small and never go above 16 people at a time.
- Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
They do full customizable itineraries that allow you to choose which one you like the most, or you can add your own to the list, so you do the things you want to do while at the destination and have the guide bring you to do them.
- Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
Yes, they do offer 24/7 help for those who want to speak more about the services that we offer, the specific tour that you already booked, or anything else. They want to make sure you get the answers you seek before you head out on your trip.
- What do the guides do for you?
They are there to provide you with the information you seek with each and every place that you visit. You also want to make sure that you ask questions while you are there. They are knowledgeable on the different things and places you go, giving you a better idea of what to expect.
- Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
Yes, all of the guides are from the areas that they are guiding you around. They speak English, so you know you're working with someone who you can understand. Since they are from the area, they are able to know their way around and provide you with more information on each area specifically.
- What types of ways can you travel when you are traveling with Alexander + Roberts?
You can travel in a few different ways depending on which tour you choose to go on and where you are going. Make sure to check out the different places, such as the cities and states across the world. Stay on a cruise ship or in one of the luxury, high-end hotels that they put you in. Travel by the ship or through the plane that is taking you to the destination.
- Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
Alexander + Roberts provides a travel planner that provides you with a way to choose an itinerary and way to enjoy the destination that you choose. You can consider the many activities and excursions that you can choose from, so you can come out with the best possible tour and trip that you can.
- Do you provide more information on the places we will be visiting?
Yes, we provide full-on information for those who are traveling to different areas. We want to make sure you're getting the best experience possible, which means planning ahead. We will provide you with FAQs, as well as answer any other questions you may have when visiting a new place. As always, your guide and travel agent can answer any questions before, during, and even after your trip so you can feel confident when working with us for all of your tour travel needs.
- On average, what is the group size like?
The group sizes are generally either private to you and the specific group you have brought with you on the trip or up to 16 people. The groups are never more than 16 people, and everyone goes along on a tour that fits not only their lifestyle, but their age and level of pace they want to take. This way, everyone gets the best experience, regardless of group size.
Health and Safety Protocols on Alexander Roberts Tours
Committed to Your Well Being While You’re With Alexander Roberts
- All Alexander Roberts' staff will maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times, so expect a warm and genuine greeting but not a handshake or a hug!
- All high-touch surfaces in coaches and private cars – like door handles, railings, arm rests, and window controls – will be sanitized each morning and regularly throughout the day.
- Alexander Roberts' expert guides and drivers will don face masks whenever in proximity to guests.
- Alexander Roberts staff have been trained on Extra Care procedures – and how to respond to issues that may arise as you travel.
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitizer will be available in all vehicles while touring.
- Larger luxury motorcoaches so each traveler will have two seats to themselves while touring.
- Private airport transfers with a spacious luxury vehicle when you come and go for every tour
- Regular and frequent sanitizing of all high-touch vehicle surfaces.
- Prearranged entry for all sightseeing minimizes standing in line with other travelers.
- Whisper Headsets for groups of 5 or more allow for proper physical distancing while sightseeing, except for certain nature activities in remote areas like the Amazon.
- Alexander Roberts carefully selects restaurants to avoid crowded high-capacity venues; Alexander Roberts emphasizes fine farm-to-table dining with attentive and efficient service – and the choice to dine al fresco whenever available.
- No large-group dining; enjoy more spacious dining settings and smaller, well-spaced tables for included meals.
- Restaurant staff will follow the guidance of local health authorities and WHO protocols which may include facial coverings.
- Alexander Roberts' hotels are always selected for their outstanding locations, evocative ambiance, impeccable service – and cleanliness.
- OAlexander Roberts' partners include the most respected luxury brands – like Belmond, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, Kempinski and JW Marriott; they are now leading the industry with their sophisticated hygiene standards and protocols to ensure the well being of all their guests.
- Hotels will be continuously and rigorously vetted to ensure that they are following established WHO guidelines including social distancing and sanitizing procedures of guestrooms and public spaces.
- Hotel breakfasts will usually feature à la carte service and group seating will be replaced by smaller, appropriately distanced tables.
In a Small Group of Never More than 16 Guests or on a Privately Guided Tour for just your traveling party, their experienced guides have the flexibility to adjust your sightseeing based upon local conditions – to avoid times of heaviest traffic and crowding, for example. Alexander Roberts can dine in smaller authentic restaurants, minimize the time waiting in lines, and leave a lighter footprint. You’ll learn the history and stories behind the world’s most iconic landmarks, immerse more deeply in the wonders of the natural world, and delight in genuine cultural engagement not possible in a larger group. It’s travel without a crowd.
Our tour guide was the best! He was knowledgeable about the country, always early, courteous and made us feel welcome in his country. Our tour had a side trip that was incredible due to our guide's particular experiences, The pick of our guide for our trip was absolutely perfect. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful.