G Adventures Tours
Guaranteed Low Prices on G Adventures Tours
At G Adventures, step off the beaten path, embrace the unexpected and immerse yourself in the extraordinary. G Adventures award-winning trips embrace authentic accommodation and local transportation to bring you face to face with the world's most fascinating cultures, customs and awe-inspiring wildlife.
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan. Change your travel plans until 30 days before your trip
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Review: Argentina Multisport With G Adventures
We chose Argentina Multisport With G Adventures becuase it included two places from our bucket list- Patagonia and Aconcagua.
The Best Things To See In Ecuador With G Adventures
Ecuador with G Adventures is a favorite travel destination. Whether you’re looking for amazing treks, beaches, or historical cities, Ecuador has it all.
4 G Adventures Vacations For Thrill Seekers
If your dream trip involves fast paced adventures that make your heart race then these top 4 G Adventures vacations for thrill seekers.
Best Active Adventure Sailing Companies
How do you like to see the world? Do you dream of a relaxing day of sipping frozen drinks next the pool or do you dream of something more immersive? Staying active with action-packed sailings is the perfect blend of both worlds. Tour companies like Intrepid, Contiki, and G Adventures offer active adventure sailing that…
G Adventures Tours Promotions
Call for Low Prices!
- Great Adventure Sale, Save 30% + $1 deposits & MoreMention Promo Code: PT8887
- Great Adventure Sale, Save 21% + $1 deposits & MoreMention Promo Code: PT8885
- Great Adventure Sale, Save 15% + $1 deposits & MoreMention Promo Code: PT8892
Learn More About G Adventures Tours
A tour operator that features escorted group tours, G Adventures began as Gap Adventures in 1990. At that time, it was established by Bruce Poon Tip and Anita Voth. The two travel entrepreneurs met while working at Worldwide Adventures, an Australian tour operator. The name for the business "Gap" was created to stand for "Great Adventure People" and to convey that the company was designed to fill the "gap" between backpacking and other types of travel options. The company embarked on its first tour in February 1991. Six people traveled on the first trip to the country of Ecuador. The name, Gap Adventures, however, was changed in 2011 to G Adventures, after the clothing brand, The Gap, Inc., sued the tour operator in 2008 for infringement. The United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, ruled the name be changed because of the confusion it caused in the consumer marketplace. Besides being based in Toronto, the innovative tour operator also has a headquarters in Boston (opened in June 2019). In 2018, the publisher, Fast Company, recognized G Adventures as one of the most innovative companies in the world. The company's partnerships with the National Geographic Society and the Jane Goodall Institute have resulted in the creation of two tour offerings. National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures features 80 tours while The Jane Goodall Collection of G Adventures highlights 20 adventures.
- Toronto-based G Adventures operates small-group escorted tours.
- The company features 28 offices internationally.
- Over 700 itineraries are featured in more than 100 countries.
- The company transports around 200,000 travelers from 160 countries annually.
- The focus of G Adventures is on responsible touring.
- The company offers 80 tours through its program, National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures. G Adventures partnered with the National Geographic Society to provide these one-of-a-kind travel experiences.
- The company features several special travel styles in tour offerings, including its rail tours, which allow travelers to see the world up-close by train.
- National Geographic Family Journeys give families a chance to explore the world and find meaning and purpose in their journeys.
- Escorted trips are featured for travelers 18 to 39 years old, which makes it possible for travelers to see more places at a faster pace and enjoy activities specially geared to them.
- Classic tours, offered by G Adventures, feature cultural experience and insider access that define the classic journey.
- Active tours are featured that allow trip-goers to kayak, hike, and bike during their tour, thereby keeping travelers on the move and active.
- Inspiring tour destinations and wellness activities, such as meditation, yoga, and healthy eating, are a small part of G Adventures' wellness tour activities.
- Marine Tours get travelers where they want to go in the world by boat.
- The tour operator features family tours that bring family members together for a true travel adventure.
- Local living tours immerse travelers in the culture and scenes of a destination – some of which the locals can't even access.
- G Adventures also feature the Jane Goodall Collection of travel itineraries. Designed for people with all kinds of travel interests, this travel offering features a worldwide selection of 20 wildlife tours, all of which are endorsed by Dr. Jane Goodall, the world-renowned ethologist.
- The travel company allows travelers to create their own travel adventures as well through their private travel tours. The Book Your Bubble Collection features 80 tours, which can be customized for a small group or several couples.
Top Reasons To Choose G Adventures Tours
- Tourists can choose from several travel styles so they can narrow tours down to their specific interests. For example, some of the tours featured include active tours, rail tours, classic tours, local living tours, wellness tours, and marine tours.
- The company has been awarded recognition by the publisher, Fast Company, for being an innovative travel provider.
- Partnerships with The Jane Goodall Society and National Geographic Society have put the tour operator at the forefront of being a provider of responsible travel offerings.
- Travelers can choose from 80 travel itineraries under the company's travel program, National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures.
- Solo travelers, couples, and families can select from 20 escorted tours under the tour operator's The Jane Goodall Collection of G Adventures.
- People who love to kayak or hike can find plenty of tour options under the company's selection of Active Tours.
- Families with younger children often find purpose and meaning in travel when selecting one of the National Geographic Family Journeys hosted by G Adventures.
- The company allows travelers to create their own trips using the Book Your Bubble with Private Travel feature, found on the company's website.
- Groups are smaller (about 12 guests), thereby encouraging communication and access to places that are often overlooked by larger tour groups.
- Chief Experience Officers or CEOs are responsible for ensuring guests have a pleasant travel experience and that they stay healthy and safe. CEOs have local knowledge of an area and receive 24/7 support from G Adventures' field staff globally.
Frequently Asked Questions About G Adventures Tours
- What phone number should I contact a support number to book a trip or ask questions?
Please call AffordableTours.com at 1-800-935-2620 for further trip details or to inquire about trip-planning.
- How long do tours on G Adventures last?
Tours can last as long as 3 days or up to 32 days. However, most trips are about 15 days long, on average. Because you can choose trips of varying lengths and at specific times, you can find a trip that will meet your preferred vacation timeline.
- Should I purchase travel insurance for a G Adventures tour?
The purchase of travel insurance is highly advised, as it will save you from disappointment should a trip become canceled or your bags get lost in transit. Also, you need the insurance to cover the costs of medical expenses should you get injured or become sick outside the U.S. Usually, health insurance plans will not cover medical expenses in foreign locales.
- What are Classic Tours?
Classic Tours feature local experiences for small group travel and convey all the "classic" features of a group tour experience. The Absolute 15- day Tour of Turkey and Ultimate 14-day Tour of Italy are popular examples of Classic Tours.
- Are most Active Tours physically challenging?
Active Tours, which usually include cycling, hiking, or kayaking in their itineraries, feature a Physical Rating on the tour page. The rating is usually 4 (challenging) or 5 (demanding). Any Active Tour rated a 3 is considered active but not difficult.
- How do 18-to-30-Something Tours differ in pace from Classic Tours?
These tours, meant for the younger crowd, visit more places in a specific timeframe and therefore are faster-paced than the regular classic-type tours.
- What types of tours are featured under G Adventures’ Marine Tours?
This category covers sailing tours, usually in places, such as the Caribbean, Galapagos Island cruises, river cruises, and expedition cruises to Norway, Greenland, the Arctic, and Antarctica.
- What is unique about a Local Living Tour?
Rather than traveling from one place to another, a Local Living Tour allows travelers to stay in one community during their vacation and live like one of the locals.
- Who is a G Adventures CEO?
CEO, in this case, stands for Chief Entertainment Officer. He or she is the designated tour guide for your tour. The CEO is responsible for transportation, on-ground communication, and just about everything else on a tour. While G Adventures tours are run in the English language, the CEO usually can speak a destination's local language.
- Should you tip the CEO?
Yes, after your tour, be sure to show your thanks and tip the CEO. The gratuity should amount to about $15 to $20 for each day of your trip.
- Do you have a G Adventures app?
Yes. Download the G Adventures app to your iPhone or Android. The app provides you with detailed tour information, including hotel names and addresses. Give this information to your emergency contact at home.
- What are G Adventures’ Social Enterprise Visits?
Social Enterprise Visits represent G Adventures' commitment to sustainable and responsible travel around the world. These enterprises, which support local communities, are included in tours hosted by G Adventures. For example, some examples of social enterprises include the women's Weaving Cooperative, located in Peru, or the Aboriginal Training Café in Australia. Many of the enterprises are overseen by G Adventures' non-profit subsidiary, Planeterra.
- What are Travel Days?
Travel days are included on most trip itineraries. On these days, you will spend most of your time in transport, whether you are traveling by shuttle, bus, boat, or train. Download some music or bring something interesting to read during your journey. Typically, the time spent can last from 5 to 9 hours, so you need to prepare.
- What clothing should I pack?
G Adventures provides a "Trip Details" document with recommendations on what apparel and items to pack for your tour. The tour operator advises that travelers pack light and only carry what they will need.
- Do tours include airfare?
Airfare must be added separately. Arrange your flight with your travel representative, as the cost is not included in the tour price.
- How old must you be to travel with G Adventures?
Solo travelers must be at least 18 years old to book a tour. The 18-to-Thirty-Something Tours are designed for travelers 18 to 39 years age. Family adventures are recommended for families with children, 6 to 17 years old. However, children at least 12 years of age can take the standard tours when accompanied by an adult (2 children per adult.) The 2-adult restriction is not enforced for G Adventures' Family Adventures.
- Are single travelers charged a single supplement?
As a standard rule, no. Most tours do not feature a single supplement. Therefore, if you are traveling solo, you will share a room with another G Adventures traveler of the same sex. However, some trips do feature an optional single supplement, which is called "My Own Room." This service allows a single traveler to request a private room while traveling. The cost of the service varies for each tour.
- Are airport transfers included in the tour cost?
No. The tour operator recommends that you arrange a taxi service to and from your hotel.
- What type of luggage should I carry?
G Adventures suggests that you carry a duffle bag or backpack, which is easier to store on buses. Luggage with wheels can be difficult to navigate over rough pavements or cobblestone, so you should avoid using this type of conveyance.
- Are tips included in the tour price?
No. Tips must be given at your own discretion.
- What is different about G Adventures?
G Adventures weaves the idea of responsible travel into its tour selections and makes it possible for younger singles, couples, and families to experience a one-of-a-kind travel experience. The tour operator offers a massive selection of tours, all of which are classified under categories, such as "Classic," "Active," "National Geographic Journeys," "Rail," "Marine," and "18-to-30-Something." Groups are far smaller (around 12 people), so you have more of a chance to gain entry to sites that harder for larger travel groups to access.
Health and Safety Protocols on G Adventures Tours
Travel with Confidence
Your safety, as well as the safety of employees and partners, has always been G Adventures top priority, which is why new physical distancing and cleaning measures have been put in place on all of the tours. New Travel with Confidence policy features new health and safety procedures from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, without taking away from having the time of your life. The policy will evolve as time goes on and as G Adventures continues to monitor local public health recommendations, but what won't change is the commitment to keeping you safe as you explore big, beautiful world.
Before you join us
Global Connection Officers
GCOs (the people who answer when you call us) are available 24/7 to help with any questions you have prior to your trip, so you can feel confident and safe before leaving. No matter what time of day, they're there to respond to you — even at 3AM. They'll be up to date on local regulations and restrictions and can guide you through your travel process as smoothly as possible. And if you don't feel well before travelling, there's the Book with Confidence policy that helps you reschedule your trip for when you do, which they can help you with too (terms & conditions apply). If you book flights with us and there are any changes, rest assured that the team will support you by making new arrangements on your behalf.Smaller groups
Groups have always been small. This offers security, access, camaraderie, and a connection with your destination you won't get by travelling on bus tours or on your own. The average group size is 12, ensuring travellers can engage with each other without being squeezed together like sardines — and that was before physical distancing became a reality. Plus, if you have 8 or more friends you'd like to adventure with, you can reserve the entire trip!My own room
If you're joining one of the small group tours on your own, good on ya! If you are a solo traveller sharing a room with someone, G Adventures will do their best to ensure they will be your roommate for the entire journey to support distancing efforts. G Adventures has 'My Own Rooms' available as an extra option for tours (pending availability), and they'll be offering more of these at more affordable prices to make it even easier to have a bit more space.
When you arrive
Chief Experience Officers
CEOs are responsible for ensuring you have the time of your life while keeping you as safe as possible. Here's how they're ready to do that:
- They're trained in First Aid, CPR, and other safety protocols
- They're supported 24/7 by the field staff in offices around the world who are well-equipped to handle emergencies
- They can help you find local clinics if you're feeling sick
- They'll receive new training to ensure they are up to date on all health and safety policies during these evolving times
- They have extensive local knowledge to proactively help you navigate wherever you're travelling
- Their local knowledge allows for greater flexibility when it comes to knowing the best time to visit certain highlights to avoid crowds whenever possible and suggesting the restaurants with the strictest hygiene practices or those where you can reserve your own table or room in advance
- They'll wear face masks when necessary based on local guidelines and recommendations
Travellers' safety and wellbeing is G Adventures biggest concern. If you're not feeling well before your departure, G Adventures has a Book with Confidence policy that provides you with flexibility and freedom to delay leaving until you're back to 100% healthy (terms & conditions apply). If you have a fever or any other symptoms on tour, you may be required to have a doctor clear you before rejoining us. All travellers are requested to bring face coverings, whether they're buffs, face masks or bandanas (extra style points encouraged). G Adventures makes every effort to have hand sanitizer available, but recommend bringing your own.
While on tour
Planes, trains, automobiles and more
Small private transport vehicles
- Every surface in G Adventures well-kept fleet of private vehicles will get at least one daily deep cleaning
- Each traveller will have a daily assigned seat
- Hand-sanitizer will be required every time you board the vehicle
- Facial coverings will be recommended while on-board
- Every surface will get at least one daily deep cleaning
- High-traffic areas will receive more frequent cleaning
- Hand-sanitizer or hand washing will be required every time you board the boat, as well as before and after meals
- To support physical distancing, meals may have assigned seating and there will be assigned slots for activities and rooming
- Facial coverings will be recommended and welcomed on-board
- Your crew is trained in health and safety measures (including food handling) and all cooking staff will follow up-to-date advice from health authorities
- Use of local transportation will be limited wherever possible. Please reference the Trip Details for each individual tour for specifics
- If local transportation is used, precautions will be followed in adherence to local health and safety regulations to keep travellers safe and sound.
G Adventures has always carefully selected accommodation partners for high standards and local roots. Travelling in small groups means that the stay is in smaller hotels too, with fewer guests — which means less daily contact with others outside your group in public spaces. Now G Adventures is working with accommodation partners to optimize their health, safety and cleanliness procedures, as well as creating additional measures for physical distancing. Here are some of the things G Adventures is working on to help keep you safe:
- Daily deep cleaning and disinfecting of all surface areas inside your room with extra cleaning on light switches, door handles, TV remotes, and thermostats
- No hotel staff will enter your room after it has been cleaned
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all public restrooms and all surfaces in public areas. This might include the closure of public spaces such as gyms, bars, restaurants, and meeting rooms for periods throughout the day
- Wherever possible, groups will stay on the lower floors to limit elevator use
- Hotels will implement social distancing protocols in line with local regulations
G Adventures has always carefully selected food service partners and worked closely with them to ensure they are meeting health, safety, and cleanliness standards with their facilities, staff training, and food preparation and delivery. Wherever possible, G Adventures will reserve separate tables or private rooms at the restaurants visited on the trip, opt for more "al fresco" opportunities when it is possible (gotta love that fresh air!), and ensure breakfasts can be "grab and go" boxes, while avoiding family style or self-serve buffets for meals. G Adventures wants you to feel comfortable and safe as you savour every last bite.Activities
You've always had freedom and flexibility to do your own thing on tours with optional activities and experiences. Now, you'll still have those options with added measures to keep you healthy and safe. All equipment for activities on tour, including hiking poles, camping supplies, life jackets, snorkels, etc., will be cleaned thoroughly at least once a day and disinfected between use. When travellers are responsible for putting up their own tents on camping itineraries, you will be given the supplies required to disinfect your gear. G Adventures will also do their best to make activities and highlights stops happen during non-peak hours, so you can have fun and feel safe no matter what you're doing.
Before you leave
A healthy goodbye
If you're not feeling well at the end of your tour for any reason, let your CEO know and they can help get you access to medical care and support. Because we want you to head home after a life-changing experience feeling just as good (let's be honest, way better) than when you left.
This was my 8th tour with this operator and I have a 9th scheduled. Obviously I am happy with this operator.
It was a great tour and are guides were very knowledgeable.
A Gadventures tour is a great affordable way to see the country and get the opportunity to meet and interact with the local people
It was a dream vacation.Thank you.
The G-Adventures travel guides were excellent