Luxury Gold Tours
10% off any Luxury Gold tour - Guaranteed
You are invited to embark on a travel experience unlike any other. Join Luxury Gold vacation and explore exotic lands and distinctive destinations, in exquisite style and comfort. Share in Luxury Gold's unparalleled wealth of expertise and insights, accumulated over 100 years as leaders in travel. Luxury Gold puts their heart and soul into everything they do, every detail is perfectly planned with you in mind.
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan. Change your travel plans until 30 days before your trip
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation with the Travcorp Family of Brands.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Luxury Gold Tours Promotions
Save 10% Off Any Luxury Gold Tour - Guaranteed!
Learn More About Luxury Gold Tours
Luxury Gold was officially launched in 2015. It was founded, initially, to provide high-end escorted tours, and was featured as part of the Insight Vacations' portfolio. After going through several iterations, the company finally became an independent brand in 2018. When Insight Vacations added Luxury Gold to its portfolio, it was done with the idea to include a luxury tour operator among its established brands. The category highlights tour operators, such as Butterfield & Robinson and Abercrombie and Kent, both who have been featuring luxury travel for several decades. Luxury Gold is the vision and brainchild of the company's chairman and founder, Stanley Tollman. Mr. Tollman saw a void that needed to be filled in the luxury travel marketplace. When the brand was introduced, it was known as Insight Gold. However, when the tour company became a standalone brand, in 2018, the name was changed to Luxury Gold, all which allowed the business to become a prevailing influence in the luxury travel field. Compared to its former parent, or Insight Vacations' price points, Luxury Gold sets its average price per traveler at about $400 to $500 per day. On the other hand, Insight Vacations assesses a $250 to $320 per person per day tour charge. In addition, Luxury Gold features a variety of interesting trip styles on five continents, all which feature stays in luxury accommodations. Departures are limited to groups of 40 people, with an average of 30 travelers using taking part in a group excursion. The company also features tours for dedicated smaller groups, which limit trips to 24 participants. In addition, vacationers can choose group custom and private trip options when they contact Luxury Gold. Luxury Gold epitomizes its mission with its tag lines, "The Art of Traveling in Style" and "Journeys beyond the Ordinary." The guided tour that Luxury Gold offers is nothing like the coach tours featured in the 1980s. One of the differences are Luxury Gold's dining experiences. Many of the meals on tours are locally hosted and are provided in alliance with EatWith, a meal-sharing platform. The fast-growing brand of Luxury Gold spans the globe with 39 countries in its travel portfolio. It offers the best in luxury escorted travel.
- Luxury Gold began as a part of the company, Insight Vacation's portfolio. The brand went through several iterations before becoming a standalone travel business in 2018.
- Available to guests 24/7, Luxury Gold's Traveling Concierge takes care of travel details, such as hotel check-ins or baggage transfers.
- The brand has been given a 4.5 rating out of 5, based in 533 independent user reviews over a one-year period.
- Guests stay in luxury hotels, such as the 5-star Winter Palace Luxor (one of the accommodations featured on the tour operator's "Elegance of the Nile" tour).
- Travelers are always treated to interesting and unique experiences, such as the Highlight Dinner at a 1135 AD restaurant located in Jaipur. This is just one of the scheduled activities on the "Spirit of North and South India" tour.
- The "Inspiring Australia" tour, featured by Luxury Gold allows travelers to see the Henbury Meteorite Conservation Reserve in Alice Springs. The site was formed 4,700 years ago following a meteorite strike. This is one example of the interesting and diverse offerings featured by the travel and tour company.
- Luxury Gold is the only tour operator of its kind – placing the emphasis on luxury tours and getaways.
- The company is known for its VIP experiences – tours that take guests behind the scenes with before and after-hour visits to attractions. Tourists get to meet people personally involved with an attraction's or site's history.
- The chairman and founder of Luxury Gold is Stanley Tollman. The chairman's connections with celebrated icons in the U.S. and nobility in Europe enables guests to enjoy the Chairman's Collection, exclusive to Luxury Gold travelers. The Chairman's Collection tours are marked with CC next to the departure dates. For example, you can meet Her Grace, the Duchess of Northumberland, who gives a private tour of Alnwick Castle Gardens.
- The Chairman's Collection features journeys under categories, such as British Royale, Castles and Kingdoms, Ultimate Italy, French Vogue, and the Harmony of Central Europe.
- Travel destinations are featured to Europe and Britain, Africa, India, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, the U.S., Canada, and Latin America.
Top Reasons To Choose Luxury Gold Tours
- The company is a standalone and standout travel option when it comes to providing refined and luxury travel experiences.
- Only VIP experiences are available to Luxury Gold travelers. The Chairman's Collection of tours also fits under this roster of trip experiences. These types of trips allow travelers to see sites before and after-hours and gives them a chance, on some trips, to mingle with experts and royalty.
- Luxury Gold travelers have access to concierge services, so all their travel questions and trip needs are met.
- Luxury Gold is a member of The Travel Corporation (TTC) family of brand tours. All the brands are financially solvent and fully accredited, thereby giving you the confidence needed to secure your future travel plans.
- Journeys, on average, range from 8 to 20 days, making travel accessible to most people's schedules.
- Luxury Gold places an emphasis on a Journey beyond the Ordinary. It also takes this same attitude when it chooses dining venues. People enjoy inspired and delicious dishes – taste-temping menus that reflect a place's culture and traditions.
- Journey highlights and exceptional dining are featured on worldwide tours. For example, on trips to Italy, guests can savor Italian cuisine on the Isle of Capri, where they can admire the beauty of the Gulf of Naples from the Michelin-starred restaurant called Mamma. On this journey, guests can also unveil the secrets of Tuscany. A Tuscan culinary masterclass is featured that is set in the previous hunting lodge of the Medici family.
- Travelers experience trips that can only be described as one-of-kind experiences – experiences that elevate the meaning of touring and traveling.
Frequently Asked Questions About Luxury Gold Tours
- What phone number should I contact to book a trip or ask questions?
Please call AffordableTours.com at 1-800-935-2620 to find out more about the travel opportunities offered by Luxury Gold.
- Why should I take a Luxury Gold trip instead of planning or taking a trip on my own?
It takes time to arrange your own trip, which can be stressful, if not time-consuming. Plus, planning a trip on your own does not equate to the type of tour you can take with Luxury Gold. With Luxury Gold, the trip-goer does not have to book his or her accommodations, carry their own luggage, and check in and out of hotels themselves. Moreover, if you plan a trip yourself, you usually need to research a country's driving laws, learn more about border formalities, or pay extra for tolls and parking. Standing in line also comes with individual trip planning – something that is avoided when you depend on the services of a professional travel provider. A tour provider also gives you deeper insights about a destination – something that is more significant and meaningful than merely following a travel book or guide.
- What modes of transport does Luxury Gold use?
Luxury Gold provides high-deck luxury motor coach buses that allow guests to stretch their legs, giving them additional leg room. The company also uses high-speed trains, hydrofoils, alpine cable cars, horse-drawn carriages, and river cruise boats to transport tour guests.
- What is included in the cost of a Luxury Gold trip?
The Luxury Gold website cost includes all that is featured in the travel itinerary, including admissions to attractions, escorted sightseeing, luxury accommodations, VIP access, and motorcoach, rail, or cruise transportation. The services of a traveling concierge are also added into the price as are all meals and fine dining. Built-in gratuities include tips for Local Experts, housekeepers, hotel porters, airport service providers, dining room staff, and customer service providers at train stations and docks. Customers who pre-pay for their vacations can also include tips for their driver and travel concierge when they make payment.
- What travel insurance benefits does Luxury Gold sell?
You can receive comprehensive travel protection when you travel with Luxury Gold. As of 2020, your coverage will include trip interruption insurance (up to the entire trip cost); trip delay insurance at $150 per day; emergency evacuation and repatriation (up to $100,000); baggage protection (for as much as $2,500); baggage delay coverage (for up to $500); and accidental death and dismemberment insurance (for $25,000). You can also include medical expense coverage of up to $50,000 and air flight accidental death and dismemberment at $100,000.
- What is the Luxury Gold “Any Reason” Cancellation Waiver?
The Luxury Gold "Any Reason" Cancellation Waiver reimburses travelers 100% of their cancellation charges by issuing a Luxury Gold travel certificate. This waiver is good if a guest cancels his or her trip more than 48 hours before their scheduled departure date. To be eligible for the "Any Reason" Cancellation Waiver, a guest must enroll and pay their his or her policy within 3 days of making an initial trip deposit.
- Does Luxury Gold rate the activity levels on its trips?
Yes. Luxury Gold features 3 types of activity levels. For example, leisurely travel represents tours that cover short distances and flat surfaces with the climbing of some stairs. These tours feature about 1 to 2 miles of walking daily. Travelers are expected to access or exit transportation independently. Balanced activity level tours define journeys of medium distances with some uneven surfaces (such as cobblestones). The trips combine a mix of passive and active sightseeing. Usually, travelers cover around 1 to 3 miles per day. Dynamic levels of activity feature inclines and longer distances. These journeys often cover 4 miles or more of walking and can involve climbing some steep hills. Travelers may start early in the morning to optimize sightseeing and participate in scheduled evening activities.
- What is an example of a Dynamic activity rated tour?
One good example of a more active tour is the Majestic Japan tour that lasts 11 days and begins in Osaka, Japan. On your arrival at the Itami or Kansai airport, you will be taken to a 5-star hotel located in the heart of Osaka. Your traveling concierge will be waiting at the hotel's Welcome Desk. This activity is followed by a Welcome Dinner at the Rainbow Lounge where you can savor the cuisine and city views. This group excursion is limited to 24 travelers. After a relaxed start, travelers, the following day, will sample some of the local cuisine along Osaka's Dotonbori Street under the guidance of a Local Expert. An afternoon excursion takes travelers to Osaka Castle. Evening will be set aside for guests to explore the city on their own.
- What makes Luxury Gold trips different?
Luxury Gold trip specialists have an in-depth knowledge of luxury hotels and fine dining venues to shape the ideal luxury vacation. With its VIP travel offerings, Luxury Gold stands out from its competitors when it comes to unique luxury travel experiences. The travel company makes it possible for travelers to see places through the eyes of locals. With Local Experts leading the way, visitors have the opportunity to participate in hands-on and authentic travel experiences. They also enjoy plenty of free time exploring on their own, which nicely balances out the escorted part of the trip.
Health and Safety Protocols on Luxury Gold Tours
Luxury Gold has introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols – for you and team members.
You can travel with Luxury Gold and be assured that their team has put numerous new measures in place to elevate their hygiene standards and protocols. The well-being of guests and team has always been, and always will be, their primary concern.
In this new, fast changing Covid-19 era, Luxury Gold is doing all they can to adapt to new requirements and expectations. Here are some important new steps and procedures that they have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you the peace of mind when you are traveling during these new times.Expertly Trained Travel Directors
Travel Director training equips them with enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. Before you travel, Luxury Gold will also keep you well informed about new protocols required in these areas, and ask that you cooperate with and heed the advice and direction of Travel Directors while on your trip. The Travel Directors have preventative measures in place to try and ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.Stringent On-the-Road Protocols
The customized luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, Luxury Gold have taken additional measures to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations. The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All the guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitising when required. Hand sanitiser is freely available on board for your use throughout the day. Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitiser to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.A Full Team of Support 24/7
It’s not just your Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.Physical Distancing
Adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements, you can rest assured that you will travel with the comfort of your own personal space. Have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants you’ll enjoy on your trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines.Trusted Partners, Exceptional Standards
Luxury Gold is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of the guests as seriously as Luxury Gold does and agrees to meet expected guidelines and specifications. Luxury Gold only works with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their high standards.Always in the Know
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) , Luxury Gold is kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of the partners on the ground in each destination. Also, rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to the extent possible.
The guide was fabulous. The hotels wonderful.
Truly enjoyed all aspects of the Luxury Gold trip and will definitely look into more trips with them in the future.