Alexander Roberts Tours
7% off any Alexander Roberts tour - Guaranteed
Since 1947, more than one million travelers have ventured to exciting overseas locales, such as Europe and China, India and South Africa, with Alexander+Roberts, formerly known as General Tours. By blending thoughtful experiences with exceptional value - and only 16 passengers per tour - Alexander+Roberts offers terrific travel at competitive prices. Privately guided itineraries are also available. Alexander+Roberts feels it's important that its clients see as many of these significant national treasures as possible.
Alexander Roberts Tours Promotions
Save 7% Off Any Alexander Roberts Tour - Guaranteed!
- Save $600 Off Worldwide VacationsMention Promo Code: PT3538
- Save $1000 on Small Group Tours to AfricaMention Promo Code: PT4860
- Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per personMention Promo Code: PT1083
- World Traveler Club MembersMention Promo Code: PT5428
Learn More About Alexander Roberts Tours
This long-standing and reputable escorted travel company was founded in 1947 and is one of the oldest and most experienced tour companies in America. Its governing philosophy was modeled after the Geneva Peace Conference's mission to build bridges of understanding between the United States and Europe.
Alexander+Roberts, formerly known as General Tours continues to introduce North American travelers not only to different cultures in Europe, but in countries all over the world with its escorted tours, independent city stays and small-ship river cruises. Privately guided itineraries are also available.
On all programs, every effort is made to visit as many UNESCO World Heritage sites as possible. These sites, singled out by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization for their outstanding value to humanity, include everything from India's Taj Mahal to Rome's historic center. Alexander+Roberts feels it's important that its clients see as many of these significant national treasures as possible.
Hygiene and Safety Protocols - Alexander Roberts ToursCommitted to Your Well Being While You’re With Alexander Roberts
- All Alexander Roberts' staff will maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times, so expect a warm and genuine greeting but not a handshake or a hug!
- All high-touch surfaces in coaches and private cars – like door handles, railings, arm rests, and window controls – will be sanitized each morning and regularly throughout the day.
- Alexander Roberts' expert guides and drivers will don face masks whenever in proximity to guests.
- Alexander Roberts staff have been trained on Extra Care procedures – and how to respond to issues that may arise as you travel.
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitizer will be available in all vehicles while touring.
- Larger luxury motorcoaches so each traveler will have two seats to themselves while touring.
- Private airport transfers with a spacious luxury vehicle when you come and go for every tour
- Regular and frequent sanitizing of all high-touch vehicle surfaces.
- Prearranged entry for all sightseeing minimizes standing in line with other travelers.
- Whisper Headsets for groups of 5 or more allow for proper physical distancing while sightseeing, except for certain nature activities in remote areas like the Amazon.
- Alexander Roberts carefully selects restaurants to avoid crowded high-capacity venues; Alexander Roberts emphasizes fine farm-to-table dining with attentive and efficient service – and the choice to dine al fresco whenever available.
- No large-group dining; enjoy more spacious dining settings and smaller, well-spaced tables for included meals.
- Restaurant staff will follow the guidance of local health authorities and WHO protocols which may include facial coverings.
- Alexander Roberts' hotels are always selected for their outstanding locations, evocative ambiance, impeccable service – and cleanliness.
- OAlexander Roberts' partners include the most respected luxury brands – like Belmond, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, Kempinski and JW Marriott; they are now leading the industry with their sophisticated hygiene standards and protocols to ensure the well being of all their guests.
- Hotels will be continuously and rigorously vetted to ensure that they are following established WHO guidelines including social distancing and sanitizing procedures of guestrooms and public spaces.
- Hotel breakfasts will usually feature à la carte service and group seating will be replaced by smaller, appropriately distanced tables.
In a Small Group of Never More than 16 Guests or on a Privately Guided Tour for just your traveling party, their experienced guides have the flexibility to adjust your sightseeing based upon local conditions – to avoid times of heaviest traffic and crowding, for example. Alexander Roberts can dine in smaller authentic restaurants, minimize the time waiting in lines, and leave a lighter footprint. You’ll learn the history and stories behind the world’s most iconic landmarks, immerse more deeply in the wonders of the natural world, and delight in genuine cultural engagement not possible in a larger group. It’s travel without a crowd.
Our tour guide was the best! He was knowledgeable about the country, always early, courteous and made us feel welcome in his country. Our tour had a side trip that was incredible due to our guide's particular experiences, The pick of our guide for our trip was absolutely perfect. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful.