Dates & Prices
Save 7% Off this Tour - Guaranteed!
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Family & Friends Discount: Save up to $200 per person
Applies to new bookings only. Offer combinable with pay-in-full discount. Certain restrictions may apply.
World Traveler Club Members
World Traveler Club Members
Member-Only savings. Exclusive repeat traveler discounts. Additional restrictions may apply.
Day 1 - Welcome to QuitoOn arrival at the airport, you’ll be met and escorted to Casa Gangotena, General Tours luxury boutique hotel in the historic heart of this World Heritage capital.
Day 2 - Discover Quito's Colonial splendorIn the engaging company of General Tours expert resident guide, your exploration of this World Heritage city begins in the historic heart of town, home to important Colonial-era landmarks like the Cathedral and Presidential Palace. At the Church and Convent of San Francisco, you’ll discover a splendid 16th-century landmark that blends spectacular Baroque elements with Moorish architectural style.
Then delight in a guided stroll through La Ronda, a charming historic district filled with shops, studios and galleries. Spend time with some of these resident artisans including the owner of a hat shop who learned her millinery skills from her father; for 60 years, the family has been producing some of Quito’s finest hats! For lunch, we’ll take you to a restaurant set in a handsome Colonial house. Join the chef for a lively talk and cooking demonstration, followed by a congenial lunch of traditional Ecuadorian dishes. Meals B+L
Day 3 - Fly to the Galapagos IslandsFly to Baltra Island and board La Pinta. General Tours comfortable and stylish expedition vessel offers just 24 outside staterooms, all on the Upper Deck with floor-to-ceiling windows. After lunch explore North Seymour Island, home to blue-footed boobies, frigate birds and sea lions. This evening’s briefing with General Tours expert shipboard naturalists will enhance your cruise. Meals B+L+D
Day 4 - Isabela and Fernandina IslandsEnjoy a morning dingy excursion along the remote coastline of Isabela Island where your sharp-eyed naturalist will point out its unusual inhabitants including flightless cormorants, sea lions, Nazca boobies, sea lions and fur seals. In the afternoon, step ashore at Punta Espinoza on Fernandina Island, the youngest in the archipelago. A one-mile nature walk across the barren lava fields reveals a remarkably high density of wildlife including marine iguanas, sea lions, sally light foot crabs, penguins and hawks. Meals B+L+D
Day 5 - Two Landings on Isabela IslandGo ashore at Urbina Bay this morning to observe Darwin's finches, penguins and other endemic species. This beautiful cove is also a great spot to take advantage of the complimentary snorkeling gear. After lunch on board, you'll explore secluded Tagus Cove where an invigorating hike is rewarded with fantastic views of a saltwater lagoon which sits in the middle of a volcanic tuff cone. Later, you can snorkel, set out in General Tours glass-bottom boat, or enjoy a dingy excursion – all activities offer a great way to enhance your exploration of this delightful landing site. Meals B+L+D
Day 6 - Rabida and Santa Cruz IslandsA guided morning stroll along the unusual red-sand beach of Rabida Island reveals a thriving colony of sea lions, marine iguanas, mockingbirds, yellow warblers and several species of Darwin's finches. This particular stretch of the island also offers fantastic snorkeling for both beginners and the experienced. After lunch, join your naturalist to explore the scenic trails and wildlife of Dragon Hill on Santa Cruz Island. Meals B+L+D
Day 7 - Charles Darwin Research Center and the Santa Cruz HighlandsThis morning, you'll step off ship in the colorful town of Puerto Ayora. Visit the Charles Darwin Research Center and learn about the important research and work being done to preserve the natural heritage of the Galapagos Islands. After a delightful al fresco lunch at the Finch Bay Hotel, explore the impressive interior highlands of Santa Cruz, home to the giant Galapagos tortoise! Return to ship in time for dinner and another informative naturalists' briefing. Meals B+L+D
Day 8 - Morning and Afternoon Excursions on Floreana IslandSettled in the early 1900's, Floreana is one of only four inhabited islands in the Galapagos archipelago. This morning, you'll explore historic Post Office Bay to learn about its early residents and to hear adventurous tales of pirates and whalers. Then explore by dinghy along the island's north shore to observe sea lion colonies, marine turtles, rays and penguins. Enjoy lunch onboard and then return to shore for a guided walk along Cormorant Point, home to numerous bird species including greater flamingos, pintail ducks, herons and sandpipers. Conditions permitting, there will another opportunity this afternoon for some snorkeling or a ride in the ship's glass-bottom boat. Meals B+L+D
Day 9 - Fly to Guayaquil or QuitoAfter breakfast, you’ll disembark on Baltra Island and transfer to the airport for your included flight back to the South American mainland. You can fly to Guayaquil or Quito - where General Tours include your overnight accommodations and a transfer to the airport in the morning. Or you can connect to your international flight on the same day. Meals B
Day 10 - Farewell, EcuadorGeneral Tours transfer you to the airport today for your onward or homeward flight. Meals B
Hygiene and Safety Protocols for Alexander Roberts Tours
Committed to Your Well Being While You’re With Alexander Roberts
- All Alexander Roberts' staff will maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times, so expect a warm and genuine greeting but not a handshake or a hug!
- All high-touch surfaces in coaches and private cars – like door handles, railings, arm rests, and window controls – will be sanitized each morning and regularly throughout the day.
- Alexander Roberts' expert guides and drivers will don face masks whenever in proximity to guests.
- Alexander Roberts staff have been trained on Extra Care procedures – and how to respond to issues that may arise as you travel.
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitizer will be available in all vehicles while touring.
- Larger luxury motorcoaches so each traveler will have two seats to themselves while touring.
- Private airport transfers with a spacious luxury vehicle when you come and go for every tour
- Regular and frequent sanitizing of all high-touch vehicle surfaces.
- Prearranged entry for all sightseeing minimizes standing in line with other travelers.
- Whisper Headsets for groups of 5 or more allow for proper physical distancing while sightseeing, except for certain nature activities in remote areas like the Amazon.
- Alexander Roberts carefully selects restaurants to avoid crowded high-capacity venues; Alexander Roberts emphasizes fine farm-to-table dining with attentive and efficient service – and the choice to dine al fresco whenever available.
- No large-group dining; enjoy more spacious dining settings and smaller, well-spaced tables for included meals.
- Restaurant staff will follow the guidance of local health authorities and WHO protocols which may include facial coverings.
- Alexander Roberts' hotels are always selected for their outstanding locations, evocative ambiance, impeccable service – and cleanliness.
- OAlexander Roberts' partners include the most respected luxury brands – like Belmond, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, Kempinski and JW Marriott; they are now leading the industry with their sophisticated hygiene standards and protocols to ensure the well being of all their guests.
- Hotels will be continuously and rigorously vetted to ensure that they are following established WHO guidelines including social distancing and sanitizing procedures of guestrooms and public spaces.
- Hotel breakfasts will usually feature à la carte service and group seating will be replaced by smaller, appropriately distanced tables.
In a Small Group of Never More than 16 Guests or on a Privately Guided Tour for just your traveling party, their experienced guides have the flexibility to adjust your sightseeing based upon local conditions – to avoid times of heaviest traffic and crowding, for example. Alexander Roberts can dine in smaller authentic restaurants, minimize the time waiting in lines, and leave a lighter footprint. You’ll learn the history and stories behind the world’s most iconic landmarks, immerse more deeply in the wonders of the natural world, and delight in genuine cultural engagement not possible in a larger group. It’s travel without a crowd.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Similar Tours Other Travelers Liked
|Ecuador Multisport||G Adventures|
|Ecuador & Its Galápagos Islands 2022||Globus|
|Ecuador & Its Galápagos Islands 2021||Globus|
|Ecuador & Its Galápagos Islands with the Amazon 2022||Globus|
|Ecuador & Its Galápagos Islands with the Amazon 2021||Globus|
Our tour guide was the best! He was knowledgeable about the country, always early, courteous and made us feel welcome in his country. Our tour had a side trip that was incredible due to our guide's particular experiences, The pick of our guide for our trip was absolutely perfect. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!