Call or submit a quote for award-winning value and service!
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan. Change your plans up to 21 days before your trip
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Fall in love with Italy and rediscover the rewards of family travel on this carefully crafted itinerary designed with both you and your kids in mind. Journey from the ruins of Rome to the shadow of mighty Mt Vesuvius - watch little faces light up as a guide brings history back to life among the ancient ruins of Pompeii, sit back and relax with some Sangiovese while the youngsters frolic on the farmlands of an agriturismo, create treasured memories on a relaxing day trip to the elegant island of Capri, and know that family pizza night will never be the same after you take-away the tricks of the trade in a cooking demonstration in Sorrento. With all the logistics and essential experiences taken care of, treat yourself to some family time on this Italian adventure that does the job, so that you don't have to.
RomeBuongiorno! Welcome to Italy. Jam-packed with ancient ruins, yummy gelaterias and a colosseum made famous by that movie that came out before your kid’s were even born, Rome offers your family the perfect first taste of Italy. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm, until then why not go out and explore what this exciting city has to offer – there’s something for all ages. Check out the artistic masterpieces and the jaw-dropping Sistine Chapel in the Vatican, or step inside the arena and the ancient Colosseum, where gladiators once battled and wild animals were set loose. After the formalities of the meeting this evening, take the opportunity to introduce yourselves to your leader and the other families joining your tour. Perhaps head out for a group meal and toast with a slice of pizza (or a forkful of pasta) to the Italian adventure to come – when in Rome!
PompeiiJump on board a train today as you journey to one of the world’s most famous ancient sites – the preserved city of Pompeii (3 hours). On 26 August 79AD, nearby volcano Mt Vesuvius erupted spewing molten rock and ash all over the city, causing this thriving Roman trading centre to be frozen in time – an ancient tragedy that allows modern visitors to take a unique look at the lives of the Romans, and how they lived and worked 2000 years ago. Spend a few hours on a walking tour around Pompeii – you and your kids will be captivated by the incredible stories behind this ancient tragedy as your local guide brings the fascinating history to life. The finely preserved ruins include villas, temples, theatres and a once-bustling marketplace. Your hotel this evening is located very close to the archaeological site, so you won’t have far to go once you decide to call it a day.
MinoriWander streets lined with chariots, visit the magnificent amphitheatre and drop by the incredibly well-preserved Villa of Mysteries, where you and your family can wander between rooms and imagine what life would have been like as a wealthy Pompeii suburbanite. Take a short ride up mighty Mt Vesuvius and walk to the summit for staggering views over the Bay of Naples (45 minutes). Soak up the view and snap plenty of photos before walking across the cinders to the lip of the central crater (30 minutes). Don’t worry, although Mt Vesuvius is still considered to be an active volcano, the last eruption was in 1944 and there's no sign of recent volcanic activity. See first-hand the awesome power of the volcano that engulfed the cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, then make the 30-minute descent. Continue to the Amalfi Coast town of Minori, a beloved holiday spot for thousands of years, and arrive around lunch time. With its fine piazzas, maze of old streets, sidewalk cafes and sparkling ocean, there is truly something for everyone here.
MinoriTake a free day to explore Minori at your own (or your kids) pace. There are many beaches to choose from, though be aware the nicer they are the more crowded they will be (particularly during Summer from June to August). Hire a few deck chairs if you want to relax, or alternatively if you’re feeling more active, you can rent a paddle boat or kayak and explore the sea. The walk from Minori to Ravello is also beautiful and a great way to see the region, while it’s only about an hour each way, it is steep in parts and there are a lot of steps, so it’s moderately difficult. The views along the way more than make up for any huffing and puffing – but remember to pack plenty of water and sunscreen before leaving. This evening, why not head out to a local restaurant with your family and try the Minori speciality, scialatielli (thick ribbons of fresh pasta).
SorrentoLeave Minori in the rear-view mirror this morning and enjoy a stunning drive past mountains to an agriturismo, a working farm that also provides meals and accommodation. While you won’t be staying here tonight, you will get to spend 1.5 hours in gorgeous surrounds, sampling produce grown on site – a sure way to get your kids to eat their veggies! Continue to Sorrento, another beautiful resort town, famous for its lemons and surrounding plunging cliffs. Arrive early in the afternoon and enjoy free time to explore. Later, learn the secrets behind Italy's sweet treat in a gelato making demonstration, and perhaps indulge in some for a well-deserved dessert.
SorrentoHead to the port this morning and board a lifted hydrofoil boat to Capri. Cruise across the glorious Bay of Naples for approximately 30 minutes before arriving in the holiday destination favoured by the Roman emperors. Capri’s dramatic rocky coastline is pierced by natural grottoes, while narrow roads wind inland through fragrant citrus groves, past villages of little white houses with flower-filled gardens. Though its unmatched setting and natural beauty means it’s popular with visitors, there are still many hidden corners and treasures to explore. On arrival, wander around the Marina Grande and the little town of Capri before taking a bus up to Anacapri to enjoy the best views of the island and bay from the top of Monte Solaro, reachable by cable car. Around mid-afternoon, take the 1-hour ferry back to Sorrento, where you’ll have a free evening to spend as a family.
SorrentoThere are many options for your free morning in this seaside town – make sure to grab a gelato (or three) while you’re here, Sorrento has some of the finest scoops in Italy. This afternoon you’ll get a hands-on lesson in crafting everyone’s favourite Italian dish – pizza! Enjoy a cooking demonstration and delectable dinner in an amazing location, an agriturismo with incredible views of Mt Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples. Eat, laugh and enjoy a glass of wine while the kids explore the farm alongside adorable wild rabbits. Enjoy southern Italian hospitality at its finest during your final night on this family adventure.
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
SorrentoWave arrivederci to Italy and your new friends. Those who have booked transfers will be taken to the airport to board their onward plane, while those who have not are free to leave at any time after check-out.
- Pompeii - Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Mt Vesuvius - Crater Rim Walk & Summit Climb
- Sorrento - Gelato Making Demonstration
- Minori - Tasting Agriturismo le Grottelle
- Sorrento - Capri Day Trip by Hydrofoil
- Sorrento - Pizza making demonstration and Dinner at Agriturismo
7 Breakfast(s) Included
1 Dinner(s) Included
Health and Safety Protocols for Intrepid Tours
Protection against COVID-19 as well as other transmissible diseases requires enhanced protocols in hygiene and sanitation. We will put in place additional measures, in line with government health advice and with global health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to ensure that we maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Handwashing is one of the most important safety measures to prevent the spread of disease. Intrepid will actively reinforce its importance by:
- Implementing a handwashing policy that dictates when, how often and for how long all staff, leaders and crew must wash their hands on-trip.
- Promote the importance of hand hygiene to customers through signage and online customer material.
- Contract suppliers that have hand hygiene protocols in place
- Contract suppliers that provide hand sanitizer in public places (where applicable)
- Educate staff, leaders, crew and suppliers on the importance of hand hygiene via training.
Practicing good respiratory hygiene prevents the spread of disease by reducing the number of droplets in the air when you sneeze or cough. Intrepid will:
- Actively reinforce its importance to customers through signage and online customer material.
- Educate staff, leaders, crew and suppliers on the importance of respiratory hygiene via training.
- Contract suppliers who have respiratory hygiene protocols in place.
In addition, in areas with high community transmission and/or places that are difficult to maintain physical distancing, we recommend the the following at-risk people also wear them. Intrepid follows the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) that masks should only be used as part of a comprehensive prevention strategy and that the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Physical distancing, hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene must also form part of the strategy.
On our trips, regardless of destination, the following people must wear medical/surgical masks:
- Anyone who develops symptoms of COVID-19 regardless of whether or not they have been tested yet.
- People caring for people with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases (outside of hospitals/clinics).
In addition, in areas with high community transmission and/or places that are difficult to maintain physical distancing, we recommend the the following at-risk people also wear them.
- People over 60
- People with underlying health conditions
- Provide medical/surgical masks as part of the First Aid Kits carried by leaders.
- Educate leaders, crew, staff and customers on the correct method to wear, handle and dispose of a mask.
- Require all customers, leaders and staff to comply with any local regulations or requirements that require the use of a mask in public or in certain places
Intrepid follows the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) that it is not necessary for the public to wear fabric masks generally.
However in certain circumstances, in places where community transmission of COVID-19 is high and/or physical distancing is not possible (e.g. on public transport, in shops or in other confined environments) then a fabric mask can be a useful barrier to prevent the spread of virus.
Fabric masks be purchased commercially or handmade, and are generally not standardised like medical masks. Fabric masks should:
- Cover the nose, mouth, and chin
- Be secured with elastic loops or ties
- Include multiple layers
- Be washable and reusable.
Protection against COVID-19 as well as other transmissible diseases requires enhanced sanitation processes. Intrepid will take the following measures:
- Require all suppliers to detail their cleaning and sanitation protocols
- Audit/monitor all suppliers on their cleanliness and sanitation.
- All cleaning and disinfecting products must be approved by health authorities (e.g. WHO).
- All rooms must be thoroughly cleaned between guests with all high touch surfaces in shared areas regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer should be available in public areas.
- There must be a process in place for customers to escalate any concerns regarding hygiene or sanitation.
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
- All tents must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between use.
- If staying at a campground, ensure all bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and paper towels. If the area is remote, with limited facilities and/or minimal staffing, then customers should be informed to bring their own hygiene equipment.
- All mini buses, transfers, charters, overland trucks must be thoroughly cleaned between guests with all high touch surfaces in shared areas regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer should be made available
- Close top bins with bin liners should be available on board and disposed of at every stop
- Must be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day
- Tables and chairs must be disinfected after each guest use
- Avoid buffets where possible. If buffets are used, prevent customers from handling food and operating machines (e.g. self-serve coffee stations)
- Either disinfect shared use objects (e.g. table salt) between guest use. Where possible, Intrepid will try to source safe alternatives to single serve packaging.
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
- Preferred: Provide hand sanitizer to guests at the door before entry
- All equipment must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guest us
- Staff must be trained and able to answer questions regarding safety protocols in place.
Limiting the number of surfaces touched by large numbers of people helps prevent the spread of disease. Therefore, it is important to proactively move towards contactless or low touch solutions for travel. Intrepid will:
- Prioritise contactless/low touch as a key feature when sourcing new tech or solutions.
- Remove any paperwork required on the ground (e.g. signing forms, feedback cards)
- If details must be entered using a shared device (e.g. insurance details), then it must be disinfected between each customer. Preference is to move entirely to digital solutions.
- Accommodation should provide online check in (no paperwork)
- Contactless keys (e.g. QR codes)
- Contactless tech (e.g. lights)
- Online ticketing for attractions and transport
- Online payment
Physical distancing is important in the preventing the spread of COVID-19 as it can be transmitted via droplets sprayed when coughing, sneezing, singing, yelling etc…
Intrepid will take the following measures:
- Require all suppliers to detail their physical distancing protocols
- Follow local regulation and advice on the need for physical distancing.
We will continue to offer this as an option. Single supplements are available for single travellers who do not wish to share a room. We will work closely with accommodation suppliers to ensure increased availability of single rooms.
- Consider whether it is appropriate to offer single tents for solo travellers as customers will be much closer together then in a traditional room.
- Consider whether staggering meal times may reduce the number of people sharing a dining tent.
Intrepid will consider the following factors when designing or amending transport options on trips.
- Local laws or requirements regarding physical distancing on transport
- Hygiene protocols of the transport provider
- Level of active community transmission in the destination
- Using designated seating on transport. Customers have assigned seats throughout the trip.
- If trip is longer than 15 minutes and air conditioning is available, it must be set to external airflow rather than to recirculation or windows should be opened for the duration of the trip.
- Designing or amending itineraries to reduce the duration of travel.
- Increasing the size of the vehicle, using multiple vehicles.
- Educate all leaders, crew, staff and customers to maintain a 1.5m distance wherever practical in public (e.g. queueing at a museum).
- Proactively design product to avoid crowds by visiting attractions at off-peak times.
- Proactively design product to avoid crowds on public transport or at airports where practical.
- Follow local regulations on table spacing and guest seating in restaurants. Wherever possible, try to ensure groups are sitting at their own table without strangers in restaurants.
- Proactively design product that focuses on experiences that assist with physical distancing (e.g. picnics over crowded marketplaces) if relevant for that destination.
Screening for COVID-19 helps isolate anyone with COVID-19 symptoms and stops the spread of disease. It is likely to become more common for future travellers.
Pre-Departure (Brand Material)
Customers should be informed as part of ‘Essential Trip Information (ETIs) or other similar trip notes if their trip is likely to include any of the following:
- Testing for COVID-19 before being able to pass through immigration and/or board planes.
- Negative test results to be uploaded for visa purposes.
- Thermal temperature checks in airports, train or bus stations, major hotels or attractions.
Pre-departure, all customers are required to fill out an online questionnaire (“self- declaration/assessment” form) to identify any high-risk customers before travel.
Extra qualifiers will be included to address customers with symptoms that can be contributed to pre-existing conditions (e.g. breathlessness to asthma).
Customers answering YES to any question should be removed from the departure and appropriate arrangements made.
Intrepid will not require a negative COVID-19 test as proof of health from customers or leaders at this stage unless it is required by local law or regulations.
This is partially due to the lack of availability of testing for people with no symptoms in many parts of the world and may change in due course.
- Ask customers, leaders, crew and staff to monitor their own health
- Display appropriate signage on COVID-19 symptoms
- Educate leaders, crew and staff on how to identify COVID-19 symptoms
- Describe COVID-19 symptoms in group meetings
If customers, leaders or crew show symptoms of COVID-19 and are either unable to or unwilling to be tested, Intrepid reserves the right to remove them from our trips to prevent any risk to others.
Flexible Booking Conditions
Customers will be supported by flexible booking conditions to stay home if unwell or displaying symptoms
Flexible Work Conditions
Intrepid will support leaders and crew to stay home rather than lead a trip if they are unwell or displaying symptoms. Schedules will need to be created with back up availability of leaders/crew.
Data Collection & Health Tracking
Intrepid will assist government health departments in tracking and tracing any customers, staff, leaders, crew or suppliers at risk of contracting COVID-19 via exposure to a known case and/or outbreak by providing relevant details in line with privacy laws and regulations.
COVID Tracking apps
Intrepid strongly recommends that customers and staff download COVID tracking apps (e.g. COVIDSafe in Australia, StayHomeSafe in Hong Kong) to assist in reducing the spread of disease within their communities.
Question: How many suitcases can I take with me on my trip?
Question: Is Airfare Included in the Price?
Intrepid tour is great company. Will use this company again.
The trip was both both educational and exciting. I very much enjoyed the sights and culture.
The itinerary was just as I expected! The guide was very good as were the accomodations
Intrepid did such a great job. I never had to worry about where I was supposed to be and it felt so good not to worry about a thing but just to enjoy myself. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about culture and history.
Taiwan people very friendly. Accommodation were centrally located and easily accessible. Did extra activities then in brochure which was greatly.
Larus our tour guide did an excellent job and was very attentive to our needs. He is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor.
Our guide Tarang chandola was exceptional. Courteous, knowledgeable, organized, polite, professional and went above and beyond taking care of our needs and requests offen anticipating what that might be. He made sure we all had the best possible time and offered suggestions to meet the needs of everyone on the tour. This made the trip even more enjoyable.
Call Us Now 1-800-935-2620
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-935-2620. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!