Tauck Tours - Call Us For Outstanding Value and Service
We are one of the World's Largest sellers of Tauck Tours
From riverboat cruising to family travel, and from regional escorted tours to multi-country journeys, Tauck World Discovery (formerly Tauck Tours) offers more than 100 itineraries on all seven continents. Tauck continually receives top ratings from industry magazines for its travel excellence. Is it any wonder that Tauck has been named the '#1 Tour Operator and Safari Outfitter' three times by the readers of Travel and Leisure magazine?
Review: A Week In… Portugal With Tauck
By: Maya Keith, CTA & Senior Travel Consultant Portugal has always been on my bucket list for a very long time for its unique mix of old-world traditions – rich history, some of the best Portuguese cuisines and port wines from Duoro valley, historic monasteries, Douro River, palaces and castles. I could not have picked…
Review: Costa Rica- Pura Vida With Tauck
If you’re a nature lover and love outdoor beauty, Costa Rica- Pura Vida With Tauck is for you. Read about the beautiful destination and top notch service.
Review: Best Of The Canadian Rockies With Tauck
By: Yulanda Hanson, CTC and Senior Travel Consultant The mountains are one of the things I miss the most from my home, Alaska, so I chose the Best of the Canadian Rockies with Tauck for the opportunity to see the Canadian Rockies and to stay at the famous Fairmont Hotels in Jasper, Banff and Lake Louise.
Review: Costa Rica With Tauck Bridges
By: Lucy Fernandez, Vice-President I have just returned from Costa Rica with Tauck Bridges tour with my son, Rod, his wife Sara, and my two grandchildren Billy, 10 and Chloe 7. In Costa Rica, there are only two seasons, rainy and less rainy. Our vacation was in July, and yes, it rained every day. Despite that,…
Tauck Tours Promotions
Call for Outstanding Value and Service!
Learn More About Tauck Tours
In May 2015, Tauck celebrated its nintieth anniversary – a milestone that shows how Tauck, a travel leader, has influenced the travel industry over the years. Plus, Tauck is the longest-running company of its kind in the travel industry – a family-owned tour operator that offers memorable journeys by land, river, and sea. The creation and founding of Tauck is interesting in and of itself. Arthur Tauck, Sr., the founder, was a banker, fired from his job for mistakenly spilling coins down a dumbwaiter. To prevent this type of mishap again, the young inventor designed the "Tauck tray," to count and organize coinage. While he traveled the countryside selling the tray, Tauck was inspired by an idea. Could he provide a travel service that would allow people to enjoy traveling as much as he did? From that moment, the Tauck company was born. Not only is the Tauck tray currently used by banks, Tauck is major company in the travel field. Today, Tauck features trips that include family journeys, land tours, river cruises, small group trips, and small ship cruises. For example, Tauck makes seeing even the most inhospitable places rewarding. You can see polar bears in Manitoba or cruise to the Antarctic and view the penguins. You can also opt for a tour of Norway to gaze at the Aurora Borealis. Instead of feeling cold and bereft, you will feel warm and content – knowing you were able to see a faraway place in the best possible light.
- Based in Wilton, Connecticut, Tauck represents the ultimate in travel planning with its guided tours and river cruise holidays.
- The company was established in 1925 by Arthur C. Tauck, and is therefore a family-run company.
- Tauck is a winner of Travel+Leisure's World's Best Rewards in 2020, and has been the recipient for the honor for 23 years straight.
- The company maintains its values and vision by making a commitment to "do the right thing," "delivery more than what is expected" to the customer, and to stay on the forefront of the travel industry through innovation.
- The company has exclusive access to supplier partnerships, which allows travel planning specialists to design trips that make for a memorable, if not unique, holiday.
- Tauck features trips in the world's 7 continents in more than 70 countries and to 100 travel destinations.
- Tauck's local guides and travel directors make exploring the world more interesting. This allows Tauck to feature trips that provide one-of-a-kind experiences.
- Destinations covered include Africa, the Arctic and Antarctica, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, Canada, Israel, Jordan, Latin America, and the U.S.
- The company features 49 tours and cruises in the U.S.
- Tauck offers 117 tours and cruises (as of 2020) in Europe.
- The travel provider lists 20 tours and cruises on its website in Asia.
- Travelers can take 20 tours in Africa.
- Latin American destinations host 19 tours and cruises.
- Trip-goers can choose from 7 tours in Australia and New Zealand.
- The site lists one cruise to Antarctica.
Top Reasons To Choose Tauck Tours
- Tauck has been the recipient of numerous awards in the travel industry. For example, Travel Weekly named Tauck Best Tour Operator in Canada and the U.S. The travel agency, Virtuoso also honored its partnership with Tauck, naming it the best escorted tour partner with respect to travel destinations and experiences.
- Tauck has been a travel provider in the travel industry since 1925, and has contributed many travel innovations during the period.
- Destination professionals who work for Tauck, average about 10 years' work experience each.
- The company's long-standing history gives it credibility and adds to consumer confidence.
- Tauck will go the extra distance in making things right if you have any difficulties or have special travel needs. It is part of the commitment the company makes to quality travel experiences.
- Tauck offers one-of-a-kind themed tours, such as African Safaris and National Parks tours.
- If you live in the U.S., you can enjoy some great travel experiences through Tauck right at home. For example, as of 2020, one of the latest tour options are Tauck's tours of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.
- Generally, you can choose from trip lengths of 1 week, 2 weeks, or more than 2 weeks. Therefore, trips can accommodate the time you can spare for traveling.
- Tauck has entered into prestigious media partnerships, where featured documentaries, such as those created by Ken Burns and BBC Earth, are combined with certain Tauck tours to enhance the travel experiences of customers, giving them a memorable and one-of-a-kind vacation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tauck Tours
- What phone number should I contact to inquire or reserve a tour with Tauck?
Contact Affordable Tours.com at 1-800-935-2620 to learn more about Tauck tour offerings?
- What do Land Journeys include?
Land journeys, featured by Tauck, allow travelers to explore destinations to 6 continents. Each journey includes off-grid travel, exclusive access to attractions, high-quality accommodations, and local specialty cuisine. Your hotel stays, transportation, transfers, some meals, and admissions to attractions are included in the cost.
- What are Tauck’s Small Ship Cruises?
Tauck's small ship cruises travel to ports in Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, and Antarctica. Guests are limited to 300.
- Does Tauck feature European river cruises?
Yes. Tauck is a major provider of European river holidays. You can cruise some of the popular rivers in Europe, including the Rhine River, Rhone River, Danube River, the Douro River, and the Seine. Tauck features all-inclusive river cruise packages.
- What are Tauck Bridges?
Tauck Bridges represent family tours that are designed to enrich understanding and create a "bridge" for families so they can bond and connect during their journey.
- How many guests, on average, take part in Tauck’s Small Group Journeys?
Guests average around 24 people on the small group journeys featured by Tauck. African safaris are included under this listing.
- How many small group journeys are featured by Tauck?
As of 2020, Tauck features approximately 85 small group trips. The lower guide-to-guest ratio ensures a more personalized travel experience.
- Does Tauck give activity ratings to tours?
Yes. Each tour has an "activity" and "pace" rating assigned to it, so you know what to expect when walking and experiencing the various sites and attractions. Both ratings span from 1 to 4, with 4 being the most accelerated with respect activity and pace. For example, with regards to activity, a 1 rating means that you will climb some steps, walk, primarily, on level ground, and stand for brief to moderate time spans. The pace, in return, is usually easy. If the trip is rated 2 for activity and pace, it means you should be able to walk 1 or 2 miles without too much difficulty. You may have to climb stairs and walk on some uneven pavement. You should also be able to stand for about an hour. This type of pace often requires an early start, one to two flights during the tour, and extended motor coach traveling. Should you choose a tour rated for 3 for activity and pace, expect to participate in certain activities, such as bicycling, walking a long distance, or hiking. You may encounter hilly or uneven terrain. You should be able to walk up to 3 miles and stand for a long time without problem. The associated pace is often vigorous and may feature long days of sightseeing and early starts. You may also have to endure longer travel times. A 4 rating, regarding activity level, means that you should be in good physical shape and be fit. Several days of your trip may include activities, such as bicycling, hiking, or kayaking for up to 3 hours. You should be able to walk 3 or more miles over rocky, uneven, or hilly terrain. The related rating for pace is one that is robust, full of activity and longer travel times. Also, various models of transport may be used, and you may begin earlier in the day.
- What are Tauck Events?
If you want to participate in a travel event that you cannot access on your own, you should find out more about Tauck Events. These travel offerings provide travelers with unique travel experiences that can only be arranged through a tour operator.
- What are popular Land Journeys offered by Tauck?
Classic Italy and America's Canyonlands, including the Grand Canyon and nearby canyons in Zion and Bryce National Parks, are popular Tauck Land Journeys. The Grand Family Safari in Tanzania is a number one land tour for families.
- What is a good family tour to take in Latin America?
Tauck features an 8-day adventure to Costa Rica, which covers San Jose, Guanacaste, and Arenal National and Tortuguro National Parks. This Tauck Bridges holiday allows a family to experience Costa Rico's rainforest up-close and enjoy the country's beaches.
- What exotic place in Nepal should I include on my bucket list?
The city of Kathmandu is the ideal place to explore on a Tauck tour. The Nepalese city features attractions, such as the Hindu Pashupatinath Temple, which sits on the bank of the Bagmati River. You can also take a flight to see Mt. Everest from upon high, or visit Durbar Square, where ancient pagodas and temples circle the royal palace. The city, according to legend, was built from one mystical and mythical tree. Your trip will not be anything like you experience back home – the rickshaw rides, monasteries, and stupas, along with images of Buddha, will create an exciting and exotic getaway.
- What is included in the price for the Tauck Land Travel package?
Prices are based per person and cover double-occupancy. The cost for the trip covers all hotel stays, airport transportation, and ground transportation, as detailed in the travel itinerary. Basic Internet service is also included, where available. In addition, the price covers off-shore excursions, luggage handling, and the services of Tauck Directors and local guides. The meals specified on the travel itinerary are covered in the price, as are the gratuities for bell-persons, doormen, local guides and dining room servers.
- Are rooms priced higher for individuals than for double-occupancy?
Yes, the included room price in a tour package will be higher if the traveler stays in a room by himself or herself versus sharing the room with someone else.
- What makes Tauck different than other tour operators?
Tauck is a family-owned business that has created a variety of innovative tour options since its founding in 1925. The company is committed to providing customers with unique vacation experiences at the very best value for each travel dollar spent.
Health and Safety Protocols on Tauck Tours
Traveling with Peace of Mind
Our commitment never wavers – to earn your trust by always doing the right thing. As we explore the world together again, this will be more important than ever as we adapt to living and traveling in the presence of COVID-19.
Tauck is 97-years young this year, and our ability to weather many storms over the decades is a result of our values and beliefs – as a family and as a family-owned and led company. In addition to the guiding light of these values, our extensive experience, local knowledge and global support network help to ensure your safety on every Tauck journey. Building upon our bedrock of award-winning guest care, we have worked tirelessly to prepare for your return following the COVID-19 hiatus in travel. With guidance from leading experts, including the CDC and WHO, together with our internal Global Response Team and, most importantly, with feedback from thousands of our guests, we have redefined how we will conduct our experiences as we resume travel.
Tauck is Prepared for the Unexpected
For decades, Tauck has operated in over 70 countries in all 7 continents. Over this time, our staff and network of supplier partners have always been there to support our guests and team on the road. Our guests travel with a comprehensive, built-in support system that starts with the care and local knowledge of our Tauck Directors and extends to our network of partners around the world, including hoteliers and transportation companies.
At the core of our ability to quickly and effectively respond to the unexpected is our Global Response Team - a group of over 50 employees across all departments who stand ready to spring into action around the world. This team has plenty of experience, from weather events, high and low water on rivers, earthquakes, volcanic ash, civil unrest and work stoppages. They have also dealt with past virus outbreaks including the SARS and Zika viruses.
The Tauck Travel Well Pledge
Before we operate tours and cruises, all Tauck employees, our supplier partners and our guests will take Tauck’s Travel Well Pledge.
As a company, we will follow our enhanced protocols with diligence and rigor; review them frequently as the landscape changes and always make common-sense decisions grounded in purpose and pride. We embrace these new and necessary measures to combat COVID-19 and will do our very best to provide the Tauck care we have been honored to deliver for 97 years.
OUR NEW HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Consistent with our commitment to the well-being of our guests, we are implementing enhanced health and safety protocols. These protocols may vary by geographic regions and will certainly evolve over time, as science and society respond to new realities:
Prior to interacting with guests, each member of Tauck’s field staff is trained in enhanced protocols and participates in a personal health screening.
Once on tour, our Tauck Directors and supporting staff are responsible for maintaining these protocols with a special focus on cleanliness and physical distancing. They will relay critical information regarding requirements, advise when protocols are mandatory – such as wearing a face covering in group settings – and help facilitate guest care through communication with appropriate parties should a guest become ill on tour. All Tauck staff will adhere to the same requirements.
When joining a Tauck journey, every guest is responsible for their own health and, in turn, the protection of their fellow travelers, the Tauck staff, our suppliers and the places we visit. Guests will pledge to follow the direction of the Tauck staff and adhere to health and safety protocols.
Guests are expected to wear face coverings in all group settings, to wash their hands frequently and to adhere to supplier and government regulations. While supplies of face coverings, gloves, and hand sanitizer will be available, guests are asked to bring such personal items for their own comfort.
Small is BIG
For many years, Tauck has emphasized and invested in more choices of activities, resulting in smaller groups for activities like sightseeing and events. This is consistent with our mantra that “Small is Big” – small groups and smaller ships with fewer guests.
We initially focused on these elements to improve the guest experience. Yet today they take on an additional dimension; small group experiences and more personal space are critical in providing the peace of mind our guests expect. Accordingly, we are offering even more small group experiences and limiting guest numbers across all of our journeys.
We have been working diligently with our partners to be prepared to welcome you back when the time is right.
Tauck has worked meticulously with our global supplier partners to plan for every itinerary following the hiatus in travel. All partners, whether they be a hotel, museum, small ship/riverboat, restaurant or other partner, have been thoughtful about how to provide a Tauck experience in this environment.
And while it's impossible to list all of the enhanced health and safety protocols for the hundreds of Tauck partners across the globe, we would like to share a representative sample of what you can expect:
Our hotel partners all have world-class health and safety protocols. However, these guidelines may vary depending on local situations and regulations. Here are some typical examples:
- Upon-arrival, health questionnaires and temperature checks may be required. Some hotels may even require daily temperature scans.
- Social distancing may be required in public areas, bars and restaurants.
- High-touch areas such as railings, door handles and elevators will undergo enhanced cleaning.
- In-room measures may include removal of tent cards and magazines. Common use items, such as coffee makers and minibar amenities may be on demand.
- High-touch areas, such as light switches, thermostats, remote controls and door handles will be subject to enhanced and frequent cleaning.
- Guests will have the option to determine housekeeping frequency.
- All hotel staff will undergo daily health screenings.
Ships and Riverboats
We have worked closely with our cruise partners to ensure the best possible health and safety protocols and to ensure the care and service you expect from Tauck:
- Guests on cruises and river journeys will be required to complete a health questionnaire and will undergo a temperature check prior to boarding. In some instances, our ship partners will conduct daily temperature checks.
- Face coverings and physical distancing will be required in most public spaces for guests and crew alike.
- Meals may be offered at staggered times and self-serve buffets will be eliminated.
- In-cabin measures include removing common use items. Coffee makers, minibar amenities and housekeeping will be on demand at guest discretion.
- Ship staff will undergo daily health screenings.
- All vessels will have medical staff onboard.
Sightseeing and Local Activities
Many of our experiences are exclusive and/or private and that’s important in taking care of you. Whether it be a guided tour, a visit to an iconic museum or private home, a musical performance, or any other special Tauck activities, we are applying the same rigor to health and safety protocols:
- Tauck listening devices will be sanitized thoroughly and frequently.
- Sightseeing is being adjusted to ensure proper physical distancing.
- Admission times at venues may be altered to ensure no crowding.
- Paper tickets, handouts and the like may be eliminated.
Tauck has always been known for a la carte dining; having more freedom to decide when and with whom to dine now has more value than ever. Additionally, our partners whether they be hotels, ships, special venues or restaurants, are raising their already rigorous hygienic standards. Here are some examples:
- Waitstaff will likely be wearing face coverings and gloves.
- Seating will be adjusted to accommodate physical distancing.
- Self-serve buffets will be eliminated. Common use menus will no longer be used unless sanitized.
Keeping on-tour transportation safe is a major focus of our team who has worked with hundreds of partners to ensure continuity in health and safety protocols:
- On motorcoaches and other on-tour ground transportation, such as airport transfers, guest should expect physical distancing and will be required to wear face coverings.
- Prior to each trip, our motorcoaches, vans, airport transfer vehicles and on-tour aircraft will undergo a deep sanitizing process.
- Luggage may also be sanitized at each movement.
- Drivers will wear gloves and face coverings during all guest-facing interactions.
- Drivers will frequently clean handrails, door handles, arm rests, tables, seats, air conditioning/HVAC units, restrooms and overhead storage areas.
Our Supplier Partners are ready for you
Tauck is proud to have worked closely with our partners around the world, many of them for decades, to deliver the quality, comfort and safety you expect. Whether it be hotels and resorts, riverboats and small ships, restaurants, event venues or transportation companies, their meticulous health and safety protocols reflect their leadership and well-earned respect in the travel industry. The following are some select health and safety protocols. We will update these on a regular basis.
In addition to our supplier partners, we have also been actively engaged with global travel organizations to standardize health and safety protocols throughout the travel industry. TourCare is one example:
TourCare are health and sanitation guidelines developed by the tour industry's major global associations: the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA), The Canadian Association of Tour Operators (CATO) and the European Tourism Association (ETOA). Tauck, and our supplier partners, meet and exceed these guidelines that require members to adhere to the highest standards in the industry.
Always enjoy traveling with Tauck, this trip was no different. Our tour leasder was one of the best we have encountered. Weather cooperated very well for a perfect trip.
Can't go wrong with Tauck...outstanding!
We were very impressed with Tauck Tours and would book with them through you again!
We spent more money on this Tauck tour than a Luxury Gold trip to Spain and Portugal (top of the line) which required international travel and was for a longer duration. Also, I've said this before about Tauck. Although a good company, there is too much food offered and too much time spent sitting down to a meal when we could be sightseeing.