Save up to 50% on MSC Cruises
The MSC Cruises experience embodies the elegant side of the Mediterranean to create unique and unforgettable emotions for guests, through discovery of the world’s cultures, beauties and tastes. MSC Cruises translates its passion for the sea into a commitment to excellence in hospitality, professionalism, dedication and mastery of every single detail to ensure the complete happiness and satisfaction of each and every guest.
What to Expect When Cruising Now
What to Expect When Cruising Now Cruising is a great experience, and if you’ve never done it before, it is not too late to try! Booking is done in a second, and you can enjoy the perk of having everything included. However, since COVID hit, many people are worried that cruising will never be the…
Review: Western Caribbean With MSC
By: Levon Smith, Travel Consultant During the search for my family cruise I looked at the Carnival Vista every day. Then something spectacular came about with MSC, they had a new ship, the MSC Seaside being built that would challenge the Vista completely. I looked that ship up and immediately became attached. This is the most diverse…
Review: Eastern Caribbean With MSC Cruises
By: Shub Masood, Administrative Assistance This summer, my parents, children, and I cruised along the Eastern Caribbean with MSC Cruises aboard their brand new ship, the Seaside. I was a little nervous about trying out a European cruise line, because I didn’t know if the service and other quality standards would be up to par with…
MSC Cruises Promotions
For our best price on this cruise please call now 1-800-627-3753
- Military Cruise Discount, up to 10% SavingsMention Promo Code: PC45978
- Free Drink & Wi-Fi + up to $200 Onboard CreditMention Promo Code: PC49517
- Thank You Health Care Workers, 10% SavingsMention Promo Code: PC45626
Learn More About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises began with the purchase of its first ship, a global shipping container vessel, by founder Gianluigi Aponte in 1970. The company entered the cruise ship business in 1988; by 2003, MSC Cruises was maintaining an incomparably modern and spirited fleet of ships thanks to a huge investment commitment over the preceding decade. Today, its fleet of 17 cruise ships, described as a mix of "traditional" and "cutting edge" in terms of innovation, technology, and comfort that are also environmentally friendly and sustainable, sail to top cruise destinations in the Caribbean and Mediterranean as well as Asia, Africa, and Northern Europe. From the smaller 2,550-passenger Orchestra and 2,679-passenger Sinfonia and Armonia to the large luxury liners such as the 6,334-passenger Grandiosa and Virtuosa, MSC Cruises offers the best in onboard experiences. Guests will find top technological innovations that connect both passengers and crew; family and night-time fun and entertainment including waterparks, zip lines, Broadway and Cirque du Soleil shows, 4D cinemas, arcades, and casinos; spas, salons, tennis and basketball courts, gyms, and walking tracks; spacious family-friendly staterooms and interconnecting rooms; and specialty restaurants, bars, and buffets. Whether you're feeling adventurous, at one with nature, or seeking to feed a desire to learn about a particular culture or country's history, MSC Cruises has the excursion for you. You can choose from, among others, shorter family-friendly tours; bike tours; marine excursions allowing for relaxation on the beach as well as paddle boarding, snorkeling, and diving; or a unique Excursion Explorer package that presents the best three excursions for one price. Sightseeing in Rome. A desert safari in Qatar. Cycling through Dublin. A harbour cruise in Copenhagen. Horseback riding in San Juan, Puerto Rico. These are but a small sample of the mesmerizing and breathtaking adventures you can embark on when you port at one of the many destinations reached by a MSC Cruises ship. Perhaps no other cruise company has set its sights on building with an impressive, far-reaching investment plan as that developed by MSC Cruises. Its plan, more than $15.5 billion in U.S. dollars, includes adding six more cruise ships and four super-yacht ships by 2027. All ships will display top innovations in comfort, efficiency, eco-friendliness, and design. When it comes to passion, seasoned crew members, care of the environment, and an overall unforgettable trip for its millions of guests per year, it might be hard to rival a cruise experience as that you'll find at MSC Cruises.
- Largest privately-owned cruise line in the world.
- The company has seen 800% growth since 2004.
- It's 17 innovative and technological cruise ships are among the newest of all cruise ships from any company currently working.
- MSC Cruises carried 2.4 million passengers in 2018 to various Caribbean and Mediterranean destinations, including China, South America, South Africa, and Dubai.
- Its 30,000 employees work in offices in Europe, Australia, Asia, the Middle East, and North and South America.
- Offers excursions designed to allow guests to immerse themselves in the culture and history of destination cities and ports.
- Something Special excursions provide guests with the opportunity to pursue their own particular interests, such as dining, shopping, or religious explorations, in different cultural settings.
- The first global cruise line to develop a detailed investment plan addressing an extensive fleet expansion over the next seven years.
- Their ships employ systems that ensure reduced emissions, energy efficiency, and the use of low-sulphur fuels.
- An effective and efficient staff to guest ratio about each cruise ship.
- First cruise line to be awarded the ‘6 Golden Pearls' for its high standards in environmental health and safety.
- Through its MSC Foundation, the company sets forth initiatives in areas of humanitarianism and conservation.
- Named Best Ocean Cruise Line by USA Today Readers' Choice Awards, 2020.
- Age Policy
- Dining Information
- Fuel Surcharge Policy
- Health and Safety
- Payments / Refunds
- Smoking Policy
- Travel Protection
- Tipping Policy
- Why MSC?
Top Reasons To Choose MSC Cruises
- Above-average attention to innovations that improve the comfort of passengers.
- Ships noted for elegant designs, technological innovations, and the best in entertainment and dining.
- Over-sized staterooms and suites not commonly found on many cruise ships, allowing for the utmost in luxury.
- Exclusive packages that allow guests to pay one price for a package that encompasses three of the best available excursions.
- Generous cancellation policy: you can cancel your trip up to 48 hours before departure and apply what you've already paid for to a new cruise.
- Extensive health and safety measures and protocols that exceed guidelines.
- Makes the entire cruise process, from booking to disembarkation, as relaxing as possible.
- Onboard Cruise Card that eliminates the need for cash or credit cards.
- Promotional offers that might include free drinks, low monthly payments, and even a Kids Sail Free opportunity to some destinations.
- They have a lot of options for entertainment on their ships for adults as well. There are casinos, champagne bars and fine dine restaurants on the ships operated by MSC Cruises and this is the reason why you will never get bored while cruising on their ships.
- Their fitness centers and spa facilities will keep you refreshed and will make you forget that you are in the middle of the ocean. They have fully functional gyms and swimming pools on their ships. This makes the fitness freaks to always travel with MSC Cruises.
- This company is one of the very few ocean cruise lines that have the option of both fine dining and buffets. To create uniformity in the environment of the ship most of the ocean cruise companies will either have fine dining or buffets available on their ships but MSC Cruises tries to accommodate all kinds of travelers and gives a variety of cuisine options to choose from.
- MSC Cruises also has a special division called Mice & Charters that performs the function of organizing events on their ships. So if you are planning to have some kind of an event on the cruise then you need to worry not because the specialist team of Mice & Charter by MSC Cruises will always be there to guide you and help you organize a successful event in the ocean.
- They have a lot of experience in the cruising industry and their heritage is centuries old. To witness how they are still keeping this heritage of cruising in the ocean alive for centuries, you should definitely go on an ocean voyage with them.
Frequently Asked Questions About MSC Cruises
- What kind of trips can I take with you?
They offer a lot of options in which you can go on a cruise with them. There have around the year trips to the Caribbean and Mediterranean but if you want to go on trip to any other region, you can go on a seasonal trip in any other part of the world. They also go on trips to their own exclusive Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, which is MSC Cruises destination point in the Bahamas full of natural beauty.
- How much would a tour cost?
MSC Cruises offer expeditions in the ocean at a very reasonable price. Their prices in no way reflect the fact that this is the amount of money that you will be spending to go on a cruise with World's fourth largest ocean cruise company. They have many variations in the prices which are all dependent on the type of your cabin and the destination of your cruise. This company offers many create your own cruise deals in which you get a chance to customize your own cruise experience and in that deal the prices increase with every additional feature or destination that you add to your cruise. On an average the cost of a normal cruise to the Caribbean with the standard will cost you somewhere around $1000 per person without taxes and port charges. This price is usually for a weeklong trip that starts and ends in Miami.
- Can I take my family with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
This company offers a lot of facilities for families and you can put forward your request of a separate tour guide for your family. You can also let the company know about an extra tour guide when creating your own cruise expedition through various such schemes made available by MSC Cruises.
- Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
Yes you can certainly talk to the agent about your expectations for the trip. This gives you a lot of insight about how your trip is going to be and whether this is what you want from the trip or not. Calling your agent before the trip is a really good way to plan ahead so that you are well prepared for everything on that cruise.
- Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
They have customer support form on their website that you can fill up with your query regardless of what time it is and they will respond to you promptly. They also have helpline where you can call on weekdays between 8 a.m and 7 p.m or on weekends between 9 a.m and 7 p.m.
- What do the guides do for you?
The guides at MSC Cruises are skilled and have a lot of knowledge about the destinations that you will be visiting. They are mostly locals of that destination and have lived their wholes lives there, so they know every bit about the destination you are visiting. They will help you socialize with the locals. Therefore with the help of these local tour guides you will get a chance to blend in easily at your destinations.
- Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
MSC Cruises has a much specialized staff and there have rarely been any complaints about any of their staff being incompetent or unprofessional. You can read a lot reviews from other travelers who have had firsthand experience with the people on these cruises and you will rarely hear any bad stories from them.
- What type of way can you travel when you are traveling through MSC Cruises?
MSC Cruises offer many different ways of cruising in the ocean. The most standard way of traveling with MSC is by taking an ocean cruise with them but with in the category of ocean cruising they offer multiple different ways of traveling. They have divided their ocean cruises into different classes namely Lirica Class, Musica Class, Fantasia Class, Meraviglia Class, Meraviglia plus Class and Seaside Class. All these classes have multiple different ships which have similar sizes and you can choose to travel in any way you like.
- Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
This company is owned by the family who has been cruising in the ocean for more than a couple of centuries now. Their experience in the ocean has helped the experts at MSC Cruises to customize itineraries that will lay out the plan of your cruise way ahead of time.
- Where do you stay while you are at the destinations?
The cruise company also offers great hotels in its packages where you will stay during your stops at destination points. You usually have to select different excursions for each one of your destination points and the place of your stay might also depend on the excursion that you have chosen.
- Is there a single supplement that can be used for travelers who are solo?
There may be a little supplement for solo travelers who are on a regular cruise with MSC but if you are really into cruising and want to save the cost of singles supplement then you might have to wait a little because MSC Cruises also offers some limited time cruises with no single supplement at all.
- On average, what is the group size like?
The group size with MSC Cruises on your destination may depend entirely on the type excursion that you have selected for your land expedition because in some cases you can even book an excursion that is exclusively for you or a couple of people where the group size is very little but in other cases your group may be as big as 30 people per group.
Health and Safety Protocols on MSC Cruises
MSC has historically maintained high hygiene standards on all their ships, with rigorous cleaning and sanitisation prior, throughout and at the end of each cruise. We have further enhanced these procedures both with respect to public spaces as well as guest cabins and crew accommodations.
High traffic areas on ships are frequently sanitised with thorough cleansing and using a hospital-grade disinfectant. Key areas, which include public venues and toilets, are sanitised hourly and undergo a fogging process at night.
Guest cabins are cleaned twice a day. Once in the morning with thorough cleansing and wiping using a hospital-grade disinfectant and a further second cleaning for the most exposed surfaces, including telephones and remote controls, in the afternoon.
One of the best ways to stay healthy is to keep your hands clean. Handwashing stations and hand sanitisers are widely available around the ship. MSC has increased the availability of hand sanitiser stations and enforce hand cleansing at all onboard food and other venues.
All MSC Cruises’ ships are equipped with a well-resourced Medical Centre that is supervised by the ship’s doctor and other medical personnel and which provides a range of medical services for everyone on board.
MSC's medical staff are fully qualified and experienced medical professionals who all follow World Health Organization COVID-19 Recommendations for Healthcare Providers, as well as the recommendations of various health authorities.
Guests who suffer from flu-like symptoms are obliged to stay in their cabin and should contact the onboard Medical Centre as soon as possible. MSC's professional medical team will take care of them there and follow a clear protocol.
FOOD HYGIENE PRACTICES STANDARDS
Guests should wash their hands before entering any of the onboard food venues. There are handwashing stations and sanitiser at the entrance and exit points, with dedicated personnel to ensure that as guests utilize them.
ENTERTAINMENT RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- There is frequent cleaning and disinfection of all recreational equipment, toys, games and Kids’ Club facilities (after every use), plus frequent open deck sanitisation of outdoor furniture, sports equipment, pool and aquaparks.
- Spa and gym facilities are sanitised after every use.
CREW MEMBERS PRACTICES STANDARDS
- MSC ensures that all crew members follow strict health and safety preventive measures.
- Crew members undergo a daily health check by the medical staff, and if any symptoms, they are not allowed to have any interactions with Guests.
- Crew members follow proper hand washing practices before, during, and after work duty, and wear protective garments, if required.
Minimum Age Policy on MSC Cruises
Adult Passengers traveling with person under age 21 shall be fully responsible for that person's conduct and behavior. Passengers under age 21 may not order or consume alcoholic beverages or participate in gambling. Parents and guardians are responsible for monitoring the actions of their minor passenger at all times.
Travel Protection Options on MSC Cruises
Even the best-planned travel can be impacted by the unexpected illness, medical emergencies, severe weather, delayed flights, lost passports or luggage, etc. Troubles can occur when you least anticipate them, forcing you to cancel or interrupt your trip, lose your vacation investment, and incur unplanned expenses. And when youâ€™re away from home, things like medical emergencies and illness are even more difficult to manage. CSA Travel Protection plans provide important insurance coverage, benefits and 24-hour emergency assistance services to take care of you while traveling and protect your hard-earned investment. We anticipate the unexpected so you donâ€™t have to. * Please note: Benefits and services are described on a general basis. Certain restrictions, exclusions, and limitations apply to all coverages and services. Please contact CSA Travel Protection for a sample certificate/policy. This plan applies to only those arrangements booked directly through MSC Cruises.
Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption
Provides reimbursement for unused, non-refundable pre-paid expenses if you are prevented from taking your trip due to a covered reason. Trip Interruption also provides reimbursement for additional transportation costs if your trip is interrupted or your arrival on your trip is delayed due to a covered reason. Trip Delay Provides for reasonable expenses incurred such as accommodations, meals, and local transportation if you are delayed 12 hours or more during your trip due to a covered reason.
Provides reimbursement for the emergency purchase of necessary personal effects if your baggage is delayed for more than 24 hours during your trip. Baggage & Personal Effects Provides reimbursement for baggage or other personal effects that are lost, damaged or stolen while on your trip.
Accident and Sickness Medical Expense
Provides coverage for the necessary medical, surgical and emergency dental care costs if you become sick or accidentally injured while on a trip.
Emergency Medical Transportation
If you become sick or injured on a trip, Emergency Medical Transportation will provide benefits such as: arrange transportation to the nearest suitable medical facility; help the guest return Home, if medically necessary; provide round-trip economy air fare for a companion to visit if you are traveling alone and hospitalized for more than 7 days.
Air Flight Accident
Provides coverage for loss of limb or life in the event of an accident while traveling as a ticketed passenger on a certified passenger aircraft.
Dining on MSC Cruises
Early breakfast is served on deck between 06.30 and 07.00. Breakfast is served in the restaurant from 07.00 until 09.30, at the on-deck buffet from 07.00 until 10.00, or in your cabin from 07.00 until 10.00 (except on the day of disembarkation). Cabin service can be requested using the form found in the cabin. Lunch is served from 12.00 until 14.30 in the restaurant and on-deck buffet. Dinner is served in the restaurants in two seatings at 19.00 and at 20.45. Times may change depending on dockings and excursions. Any changes will be indicated in the Daily Program. Special diets can be catered for if requested at the time of reservation. A supplementary charge may apply to these special requests. It is possible to reserve lunch and/or dinner at special and a la carte restaurants through the Reception Desk.
Fuel Surcharge Policy on MSC Cruises
The fare that you paid was determined far in advance of Initial Departure on the basis of then-existing projections of costs, including but not limited to fuel costs. The Company reserves the right to impose or pass through fuel surcharges, security surcharges or similar incidental surcharges at any time prior to departure. In the event of an increase in costs above amounts projected, the Company further reserves the right to increase the fare or impose surcharges at any time up to Initial Departure and to require payment of the additional fare or surcharges prior to Initial Departure.
Tipping Policy on MSC Cruises
At the end of the cruise it is international custom to pay service charges to restaurant and cabin staff in recognition of good service. Passengers will receive written communication regarding this in their cabin. For your convenience and as an indicative suggestion we have arranged for an all inclusive daily service charge of 6 Euros per adult and 3 Euros per child (4-17 years) for cruises in the Mediterranean and Northern Europe; 12 US dollars per adult and 6 US dollars per child for cruises in the Caribbean and North America; 6 US dollars per adult and 3 dollars per child for cruises in Brazil and Argentina (including Ocean Cruises); 5 US dollars per adult and 2,50 US dollars per child for cruises in South Africa. This sign of appreciation, valid on all ships in the MSC Cruises fleet is of course optional. Therefore, passengers may freely decide whether to increase or decrease it, communicating their decision to the Accounting Office before 22.00 of the last day. This Office is at your disposal for further information. For your convenience, should you give no indication to change the amount; the sum will automatically be debited to your final extras account.
Payments / Refunds on on MSC Cruises
Deposit requiremens are as follows: 0 to 5 night cruises - $99 deposit per person, 6 to 14 night cruises - $199 deposit per person, 15 to 33 night cruises - $300 per person. 15% non-refundable for World Cruise products.
Effective May 1, 2016 and future sailings: For all new bookings made beginning Sunday, May 1, 2016, for all sailings considered part of our Summer 2017 (April 2017) departures forward, MSC Cruises has adjusted the cancellation policy as reflected in the following:
|Cruise <15 Nights||Cruise >15 Nights|
|89 Days - 61 Days||Deposit Non-Refudable||109 Days - 61 Days||Deposit Non-Refundable|
|60 Days - 46 Days||50% Penalty||60 Days - 46 Days||50% Penalty|
|45 Days - 16 Days||75% Penalty||45 Days - 31 Days||75% Penalty|
|15 Days until departure||100% Penalty||30 Days Until Departure||100% Penalty|
Final payment is due no later than 90 days prior to sailing. To avoid cancellation, the deposit or final payment must be received by MSC's office by the option date given at the time of booking. Option dates can vary from one to seven days from booking date depending on sailing demand. In a few rare instances immediate payment by credit card may be required to confirm you reservation.
Government fees and taxes may include any and all fees, charges and taxes imposed by U.S. and/or foreign governmental and quasi-governmental authorities, including U.S. customs fees, head taxes, hotel taxes, air taxes, taxes incurred as part of a land tour, inspection fees, immigration and naturalization fees and Internal Revenue Service fees. Government fees and taxes are subject to change and MSC Cruises reserves the right to collect any increases in effect at the time of sailing, even if the fare has already been paid in full. Government fees and taxes are collected for all guests, regardless of age. MSC Cruises reserves the right to pass on any fuel surcharge without prior notice to guests. Cancellation requests must be received in writing by MSC Cruises no less than 76 days prior to sailing date for a full refund.
Reservation cancellation requests received less than 76 days prior to sailing will be subject to the following charges:
75 to 46 days prior to sailing: Deposit amount
45 to 16 days prior to sailing: 50% of cruise fare, excluding taxes
15 days or less prior to sailing: 100% of cruise fare, excluding taxes
No refund will be issued if a guest voluntarily or involuntarily fails to show up for their cruise; is denied boarding for any reason including failure to possess required travel documents, passport or visa; or terminates his/her cruise in progress. Cruise contracts are non-transferable.
Name changes and cruise date changes are considered reservation cancellations and are subject to the above cancellation charges. Cancellation charges are assessed on total fares, which include cruise fare, air add-ons, hotel packages, and any other additional services arranged through MSC Cruises.
Smoking Policy on MSC Cruises
At MSC Cruises, MSC tries to accommodate our guests' preferences. Smoking is permitted only in designed areas. Smoking is not permitted at any time in the dining room or main show lounge.
Brand new ship on msc beautiful will be cruising many more
Great cruise line, high quality for the price.
The MSC Virtuosa is very big with extra decks of rooms. The overall theme of music is evident in the artwork and various main dining room names. The major public event areas are similar to smaller ships with some extra venues such as a water par and large children's, teen areas.. The water park with its three slides is well designed and suitable for all ages There are two swimming pools and numerous hot tubs with water jets; outside and under a moveable roof. There is no adult only swimming area. The interior room was spacious and comfortable with room enough for dressing and sitting at the small desk. The bath was equally comfortable.Housekeeping was excellent. Dining was excellent in the main dining room or buffet. The menus always had plenty of options and focused on a variety of themes, cultures and tastes. Special requests were often made available if possible.There were several special evenings labeled optional Elegant or White night. The assigned early dining time worked well for attending later shows and events. But there were times we chose to eat in the MarketPlace Buffet later to accommodate special events such as the optional Carousel show. Entertainment in the theater was a variety of dance and song by the ship's cast and a few solo performances of comedians and singers. Each evenings show lasted about 35 minutes. Not all the bars and lounges had evening entertainment. Some were limited to specific hours. There was always some themed party from 10 PM on. During the day there were plenty of exercise events, a few trivia and an arts and crafts event along with retail shop events. Each port was fairly close to the city to walk to or a shuttle was provided.
Everything was exactly as described
- Genoa, Italy Cruises (387)
- Miami, Florida Cruises (282)
- Marseille, France Cruises (274)
- Barcelona, Spain Cruises (258)
- Civitavecchia, Italy Cruises (214)
- Port Canaveral, Florida Cruises (173)
- Venice, Italy Cruises (159)
- Naples, Italy Cruises (124)
- Athens (Piraeus), Greece Cruises (121)
- Palermo, Italy Cruises (112)
- Bari, Italy Cruises (104)
- New York (Manhattan), NY Cruises (85)
- Mediterranean Cruises (2451)
- Europe - Western Cruises (2075)
- Europe - All Cruises (1827)
- Greek Isles Cruises (854)
- Bahamas Cruises (454)
- Caribbean - All Cruises (414)
- Middle East Cruises (411)
- South America Cruises (370)
- Europe - Northern Cruises (332)
- Caribbean - Western Cruises (304)
- Mexico Cruises (283)
- USA - All Cruises (270)
- 2023 Cruises
- 2024 Cruises
- 2025 Cruises
- Jun 2023 Cruises
- Jul 2023 Cruises
- Aug 2023 Cruises
- Sep 2023 Cruises
- Oct 2023 Cruises
- Nov 2023 Cruises
- Dec 2023 Cruises
- Jan 2024 Cruises
- Feb 2024 Cruises
- Mar 2024 Cruises
- Apr 2024 Cruises
- May 2024 Cruises
- Jun 2024 Cruises
- Jul 2024 Cruises
- Aug 2024 Cruises
- Sep 2024 Cruises
- Oct 2024 Cruises
- Nov 2024 Cruises
All was great, there were some things in particular that MSC could do differently, but it is not a reflection of Affordable Tours or Steve.